2023 — October 30

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

2023 — October 30

Post by Torta » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:58 am

• Fixed the issue where the Vampirism effect was not stacking.
  • Increased the proc chance of Lightning Speed to 10% for Lightning Bolt and 50% for Stormstrike.
  • Potent Venom now stacks only 2 times, ticks every 3 seconds instead of 2 seconds, lasts 12 seconds instead of 10 seconds and the damage per tick has been increased to 30.
  • Reduced the spell power scaling of Lifebinding to 10%.
  • Fixed the problem with Zone and Area updates not triggering properly, which caused players to not always be attackable inside the Gurubashi Arena.
  • Medivh's Merlot and Medivh's Merlot Blue can now stack with other buffs.
  • Damaging paladin spells can now proc Wrath of Cenarius.
  • Updated the greeting text of NPC "Lord Ebonlocke".
  • Fixed "Nordanaar Herbal Tea" to correctly have 3 charges.
  • The quest "Culling Wildlife" is now repeatable.
  • Fixed the issue with the quest drop for the quest "Culling Wildlife".
  • Corrected the miscalculation of honor gains on Tel'Abim PvP.
  • Removed EXP and money rewards from Culling Wildlife.
  • Reduced the vendor price of turtle pet eggs dropped by turtle enemies to 1 silver.
  • Snarlclaw quest in Gilneas is now properly marked as Elite.
  • Several quest typo fixes from QA and community reports.
  • Resolved a quest chain error that prevented Orvan Darkeye quest chain in Gilneas from continuing for Horde player.
  • Removed the level 60 requirement for turning in Blood Ring quests, Arena Honor Marks, and Tokens of Blood.
  • Reduced overtuned reputation rewards for Blood Ring matches.
  • Fixed proc rate of Sulfuras to 3 PPM.
  • Brainwashing Device will no longer saves specs with unspent Talent Points.

Fresharugula

Re: 2023 — October 30

Post by Fresharugula » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:04 pm

Any information on what the original Proc rates were for the Lighting Speed buff. How much of a buff to the totem is this?

Kastok

Post by Kastok » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:47 pm

Fresharugula wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:04 pm
Any information on what the original Proc rates were for the Lighting Speed buff. How much of a buff to the totem is this?
Testing from people in the shaman discord channel estimated around 2% for lightning bolt and maybe 15-20% for Stormstrike. Seems pretty decent of a buff.

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:04 pm

Torta wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:58 am
  • Potent Venom now stacks only 2 times, and the damage per tick has been increased to 30.
Is the tick rate back to 2 seconds, or will it remain at the stealthnerfed 3 seconds?
On a sidenote how can you nerf an item by 47% and not include the change in the patch notes?

Xudo
Has liked: 49 times

Post by Xudo » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:30 pm

I really appreciate regular dedicated work of turtle team. Server gets better and better every week.
Torta wrote:
  • Removed the level 60 requirement for turning in Blood Ring quests, Arena Honor Marks, and Tokens of Blood.
  • Reduced overtuned reputation rewards for Blood Ring matches.
Great change.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:12 pm

Torta wrote:
Whoa this is a crazy nerf. I used the Red Dragonscale set on my paladin and I thought it was decent at most. The proc rate was only like 5% or something and while the lifebinding effect was cool it was only improving my healing by like 5% in the logs. I definitely would have abandoned the set once I started getting more bis pieces from raids.
Were Shamans able to get more out of it or something?

Rramage

Post by Rramage » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:31 pm

Torta wrote:
Thanks, paladins really needed fewer viable gear options to wear for healing! An alternative to wearing a teal dress and ultra low droprate mixed cloth and leather off set pieces? Can't have that! /sarc

You wont make a T1 or T2 healing variant for paladins. I'm 18k/21k to exalted with Hydraxian and have seen two pairs of wild growth spaulders and one set of salamander scale legs drop. Paladin healing gear is in SHAMBLES and not only do you refuse to help, you're nerfing one of the very few viable gear choices we can make.

If healadins are going to be consigned to wearing dungeon blues and crafted BoEs, could you at least not nerf the scraps we're given?

Rramage

Post by Rramage » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:35 pm

Blackduck wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:12 pm
Torta wrote:
Whoa this is a crazy nerf. I used the Red Dragonscale set on my paladin and I thought it was decent at most. The proc rate was only like 5% or something and while the lifebinding effect was cool it was only improving my healing by like 5% in the logs. I definitely would have abandoned the set once I started getting more bis pieces from raids.
Were Shamans able to get more out of it or something?
Months of logs show Lifebinding being responsible for 5-7% of my healing as well. A really nice proc that helps fill in some of the weaknesses of paladin healing but nowhere near gamebreaking. Resto shamans and priests smoke my healing numbers easily, and I'm usually on par with resto druids

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:59 pm

Procs should either not scale with SP/AP at all, or scale based on a sensible formula (not 100%). All this nonsense about adding broken procs and then fixing them is getting old.

The poison trinket got overnerfed into total irrelevance. I can't see why anybody would use it now over easier to get and better option like HoJ.

Jstansberry

Post by Jstansberry » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:07 pm

The poison trinket nerfs are disappointing. The better route to take would have been to severely nerf the base damage and increase the SP scaling, so it is at least a viable option for 1 or 2 specs. As of these patchnotes, I don't think any class would use it over other DPS trinket options in the same or even previous content tiers.

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:44 pm

It's kinda hard to get excited about new loot and stuff if you know there's a good chance the piece you want is just going to get nerfed.

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:46 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:59 pm
Procs should either not scale with SP/AP at all, or scale based on a sensible formula (not 100%). All this nonsense about adding broken procs and then fixing them is getting old.

The poison trinket got overnerfed into total irrelevance. I can't see why anybody would use it now over easier to get and better option like HoJ.
I think it had the same coefficient as rejuvenation which was like .75 so not quite 100%

Nallkun

Post by Nallkun » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:34 pm

Jstansberry wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:07 pm
The poison trinket nerfs are disappointing. The better route to take would have been to severely nerf the base damage and increase the SP scaling, so it is at least a viable option for 1 or 2 specs. As of these patchnotes, I don't think any class would use it over other DPS trinket options in the same or even previous content tiers.
Blackduck wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:44 pm
It's kinda hard to get excited about new loot and stuff if you know there's a good chance the piece you want is just going to get nerfed.
Gantulga wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:59 pm

Agreed - HALF the damage, Zero Scaling. 60 dmg/ over 3 seconds? Its now a lvl 20-30 item. Literally More Damage from the Sunken Temple Chained Essence trinket..

What was so broken that it needed a nerf this bad? PVP? then scale it down on players.

you nerfed the item to the point where it has zero value - Grats bank gear bag
Now no point to going to kara after 3-4 weeks. dead_turtle_head

Brs1katleta

Post by Brs1katleta » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:56 am

As soon as I got home from work, I immediately went into the game and flew to hit the dummy in the hope that the new stat “vampirism” introduced into the game was finally working properly. I play as a mage, I collected 8% vampirism with equipment + enchants and here are my results:
1. If you put on several clothes for vampirism, it always works where there is less%
2. if an item has the vampirism stat and is enchanted with vampirism (bracelets or boots), then the enchantment does not work
3. if you put on a 2% mannequin and a 1% glove, poke it into a dummy (1% works, respectively), and then take off the glove, then with the very first cast you can heal yourself from 400 to 1.5k HP, but only once.
4. before introducing new characteristics, and then fixing them, make sure for yourself that they work correctly, stop disappointing the people who play for you.

Elesion

Post by Elesion » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:47 am

The server status shows the main realm has an uptime of over 2 days. My understanding is that the patch has not been applied to Nordanaar yet. So I would wait on tonight's scheduled honor maintenance.

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:37 pm

Lightning speed buff did not seem to work for lightning bolt

Xavaoo

Post by Xavaoo » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:25 am

Some prediction of fixing the paladin's reckoning talent, where the extra attacks do not come out but consumes the charges.

Orlymike

Post by Orlymike » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:38 am

Welcome to Turtle WoW Patch 1.17!!! Patch of the NERFS!
Join us today! All those item you like? We got you covered. Nerf. Nerf. Nerf.

JFC, do open betas so you can get these items tested before releasing everything, and then nerfing them over and over.

Dasitmane

Post by Dasitmane » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:59 am

Brainwashing Device will no longer saves specs with unspent Talent Points.

Such a shit change. Why ?

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:59 am

Torta wrote:
This is absolutely damn terrible. Why do it at this point?

Snakeman

Post by Snakeman » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:07 am

Orlymike wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:38 am
JFC, do open betas so you can get these items tested before releasing everything, and then nerfing them over and over.
This. You guys would gain a lot more trust from your community if we weren't constantly and unwillingly playing what's essentially a playtest build for your entire game. What's the point in setting gear goals when they could completely change at the drop of a hat?
Your local troll artist and enthusiast.
Scottish, heavy RP-PvPer & former Naxx raider.

Desha / Zin'tulak / Starstalker <Blacktooth Grin>
Lordaeron belongs to the Amani!

Elesion

Post by Elesion » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:09 am

Torta wrote:
A literal hybrid tax. They actually introduced a literal hybrid tax. If you want to heal, dps *and* tank you have to keep paying for it? Why single out certain classes?
And why change it after so long? <.< This is like removing raid-scaling all over again. Just yank a beloved unique feature for no goddamn reason.
Last edited by Elesion on Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arthurusmenks

Post by Arthurusmenks » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:10 am

Gantulga wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:59 am
Torta wrote:
Time to do bad decitions I guess...

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:11 am

Elesion wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:09 am
Torta wrote:
A literal hybrid tax. They actually introduced a literal hybrid tax. If you want to heal, dps *and* tank you have to keep paying for it? Why single out certain classes?
Even non-hybrids will suffer from this.

Ashstache

Post by Ashstache » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:16 am

Torta wrote:
this is racism

Holyhorrorr

Post by Holyhorrorr » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:17 am

Gantulga wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:59 am
Torta wrote:
Agreed, hate this change too...

Nixors

Post by Nixors » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:32 am

Torta wrote:
But... why? Literally no one on the entire server wanted this.. It is the literal opposite of a Quality of LIfe feature unique to the server. You're basically saying: "You want to enjoy more than two specs? Pay up and just stop being poor."

Holyhorrorr

Post by Holyhorrorr » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:35 am

Borefficz wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:04 pm
Torta wrote:
  • Potent Venom now stacks only 2 times, and the damage per tick has been increased to 30.
Is the tick rate back to 2 seconds, or will it remain at the stealthnerfed 3 seconds?
On a sidenote how can you nerf an item by 47% and not include the change in the patch notes?
That item was never supposed to be a top tier dps item, it drops in a 10man raid dungeon and shouldn't be more powerful then Naxxramas trinkets.

Lexiebean

Post by Lexiebean » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:39 am

Torta wrote:
Please at least add a few more slots to the Brainwashing Device. Like, 5 or so even.

Dasitmane

Post by Dasitmane » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:39 am

Holyhorrorr wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:35 am
Borefficz wrote:
Torta wrote:
That item was never supposed to be a top tier dps item, it drops in a 10man raid dungeon and shouldn't be more powerful then Naxxramas trinkets.
Except thats what made vanilla fun and why people kept playing it. There's trinkets in bwl better than ones in naxx. Should those be nerfed too? Maybe nerf windfury while we're at it cause its tier 1.

Wafflesauce

Post by Wafflesauce » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:40 am

Torta wrote:
I'm disappointed with the recent change to the Brainwashing Device in the game. The decision to no longer save specs with unspent Talent Points has affected my gameplay experience. I believe it's important for developers to consider the impact of such changes on the player base and to communicate their reasons for making these adjustments more clearly."

Erousagi

Post by Erousagi » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:46 am

Brainwashing Device will no longer saves specs with unspent Talent Points.

it's understandable since ppl never spend gold to respec once they have it but it has been there so long that it already becomes a feature of this server, and it costs 350G or 10(20) euro, why even bother to fix it now? There are better ways to recycle gold without taking away benifits from players.

Holyhorrorr

Post by Holyhorrorr » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:48 am

Dasitmane wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:39 am
Holyhorrorr wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:35 am
Borefficz wrote:

Except thats what made vanilla fun and why people kept playing it. There's trinkets in bwl better than ones in naxx. Should those be nerfed too? Maybe nerf windfury while we're at it cause its tier 1.
bwl is a 40man dungeon and proves my point that it shouldn't be better then top tier dps items.

Tawneyturtle

Post by Tawneyturtle » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:52 am

Torta wrote:
This will kill non meta specs in raiding.
Tawney - High elf warrior 60
Feytale - High elf Mage 60 (Rank 1 Mage Naxx during WBs)
Have fun parsing not only at 19.

Holyhorrorr

Post by Holyhorrorr » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:56 am

Tawneyturtle wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:52 am
Torta wrote:
This will kill non meta specs in raiding.
Also kills the fun to test several new specs and combinations of hybrid specs. big dislike for it :(