Spawn Point Camping and mats monoploy

Jongyi

Spawn Point Camping and mats monoploy

Post by Jongyi » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:02 am

As a casual players, it became so unbearable that every spawn points for mats such as (devilsaurs, wind elementals in silithus, and list goes on...) have been camped 24/7 by handful of individuals and creating monopoly on these mats.

Last two months ago, we are still able to farm the mats casually while also leaving other players chance to get the mats. Nowadays, they are camped so much that you won't even get to see one devilsaur alive for mats, making it impossible to get mats and make gold. And AH market is also dominated by these 24/7 campers, leading to mat price skyrocketed.

This situation is getting frustrating because I can no longer make gold or get mats without becoming nolife camping as they do.
As players, how do we get mats alternatively
As devs, what kind of actions you would take to give every players chance to make gold and mats without handful of 24/7 campers (who are probably linked to gold sellers) monopolying the mat market.

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Re: Spawn Point Camping and mats monoploy

Post by Xudo » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:53 am

From that Jamey said in crocodile thread, best intended option to farm gold is to run dungeons in group.
Jamey wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:01 pm
High-end instanced farming should ideally require a team of at least two or more players and solo farming with a single class should not surpass the efficiency of group farming with multiple players of different classes.

This is to encourage social interaction within the community, which is fundamental in Vanilla/Classic.
And in PvP realm it will be possible to kill those nolifers who camp devilsaurs. Join the PvP realm.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Wilczan

Post by Wilczan » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:29 am

Jongyi wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:02 am
And AH market is also dominated by these 24/7 campers, leading to mat price skyrocketed.
More farmers = lower prices. That how it works.

If prices are high, despite many farmers, then maybe someone is trying to control the mats, reselling on higher prices.
On the other hand, it's hard to do, when there are many farmers. Someone always gonna undercut you.

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:27 am

Xudo wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:53 am
From that Jamey said in crocodile thread, best intended option to farm gold is to run dungeons in group.
Jamey wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:01 pm
High-end instanced farming should ideally require a team of at least two or more players and solo farming with a single class should not surpass the efficiency of group farming with multiple players of different classes.

This is to encourage social interaction within the community, which is fundamental in Vanilla/Classic.
And in PvP realm it will be possible to kill those nolifers who camp devilsaurs. Join the PvP realm.
These campers will not join PvP realm since they cannot camp bluewalling. I probably won't join here since i have friends here and my pvp skill sucks :P