Re: Alliance Sham/Horde Paladin is Essential for Tel’Abim

Post by Roan1313 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:31 am

Turboman wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:06 am
Roan1313 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:52 am
Shammylover67 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:11 pm
The current TWoW has paladins and shamans in groups!!! What are you even talking about lol
What are YOU talking about? you cant battleground cross faction together. horde still have their shaman and alliance paladins. My statement still stands. world pvp is not viable/competitive pvp. and if you are talking about a ganking situation. that could be with literally any class doing the ganking.
Wait didn't devs announce something about crossfaction bgs not so long ago? Or am i tripping?
I have no idea about that, but sounds like it might be a thing for the pve server since you cant group with cross faction on the new server.

Just speculation because I honestly have no input on that since I have no idea what things say on patch notes or in announcements

Shammylover67

Post by Shammylover67 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:11 am

Turboman wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:04 am
Shammylover67 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:36 am
Jolikmc wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:25 am

Yes I know Jolik but that’s my whole point. Without cross faction grouping, alliance will have a massive advantage with Paladin. Everyone keeps telling me that cross faction sham/Paladin homogenizes the game but they’re already grouping together?? That argument makes no sense on TWoW
Crossfaction does not homogenizes the game, it just allows players to form groups faster. Crossfaction interactions are pure gaming convention on this server specifically, and just because its there it doesnt mean that orcish shamans are welcome in Stormwind, they are still getting attacked on sight by the npc, thus maintaining the lore based hostility between factions. Having shammies in alliance will break the integrity.
You know what, on a second thought its pvp server, i'm not even planning playing on it so i don't even know why i'm arguing. Whatever, have at it, get wild hammer shamans, they at least would look organic, tauren paladins on the other hand are funny/ridiculous looking. A big cow in shiny plate armor infused with light magic, cosplaying a white knight, idk i think it looks weird, but undead would be even more stupid.
And a dwarf shaman would still get annihilated trying to walk into Orgrimmar. And yes I agree, there is no race and class that would look more organic than dwarf shaman. their casting animation, the beards, everything is perfect for shammy

Shammylover67

Post by Shammylover67 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:39 am

There is AMPLE evidence for a lore appropriate alliance shaman. The amount of humans and dwarves serving the Twilight’s Hammer, twisting the elements to their whim the same way that warlocks abuse fel magic. This is one of the oldest parts of Warcraft lore stretching back to the Elemental Lords, Cho’gall and the Old Gods. It fits without any shadow of a doubt

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:48 am

It it ever be implemented, this kind of feature can be done much later. At the point when we see actual faction balance etc.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Turboman

Post by Turboman » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:46 am

Shammylover67 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:39 am
There is AMPLE evidence for a lore appropriate alliance shaman. The amount of humans and dwarves serving the Twilight’s Hammer, twisting the elements to their whim the same way that warlocks abuse fel magic. This is one of the oldest parts of Warcraft lore stretching back to the Elemental Lords, Cho’gall and the Old Gods. It fits without any shadow of a doubt
To be fair all of them things that you've mentioned in your post are part of the new lore that blzz have made with the creation of vanilla wow, i personally consider most of it as a bullshit.

I wish classic had more wc3 vibes.

Turboman

Post by Turboman » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:04 am

Roan1313 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:31 am
Turboman wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:06 am
Roan1313 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:52 am

What are YOU talking about? you cant battleground cross faction together. horde still have their shaman and alliance paladins. My statement still stands. world pvp is not viable/competitive pvp. and if you are talking about a ganking situation. that could be with literally any class doing the ganking.
Wait didn't devs announce something about crossfaction bgs not so long ago? Or am i tripping?
I have no idea about that, but sounds like it might be a thing for the pve server since you cant group with cross faction on the new server.

Just speculation because I honestly have no input on that since I have no idea what things say on patch notes or in announcements
I found it!

viewtopic.php?p=67818#p67818