Midpatch Itemization Changes Changelog

Shambakriger

Re: Midpatch Itemization Changes Preliminary Changelog

Post by Shambakriger » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:11 pm

Shambakriger wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:59 pm
Would you consider lowering the attack speed of one-handed fAP weapons like the AQ20 hammer and End of Dreams to 1.50-1.70?
You chose to give fAP to moonkins as well so it’d be nice to be able to melee-weave with some of them!<3
As far as I know only shadow priests use The End of Dreams and AQ20 mace is druid exclusive, so lowering the attack speed shouldn’t affect any other classes

Melee moonkin is one of those specs, like shaman tank, that blizzard teased in vanilla/tbc but never fully committed to. It would be a very turtle wow like change to add some support for the spec:3

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:22 pm

Ezuba wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:06 pm
Necessary to add level 60 requirement to t0.5 set? These sets were the best option for twinking a level 59. Perhaps an additional quest to turn your t0.5 into improved t0.5? or just dont worry about requiring level 60 at all? These upgrades aren't going to break the game in favor of a level 59 being OP nor are they really going to make them that much more attractive to a level 60 who can join a MC pug with ease. The goal should be unlocking more ways to play the game not removing options for ways to play the game.

On a similar note, the quest to turn in ZG idols is level 58 but the reward requires 60 to apply. Perhaps change the reward to level 58 to match the quest?
I support this.
Also I think that lvl 58 pvp sets also should be available. People anyway can reach r14 doing AV on 59, so why not? Let them have this gear before hitting 60.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Elsaph

Post by Elsaph » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:06 pm

I just noticed - it appears you've made mage t2 shoulders better than mage t3 shoulders (or very nearly equivalent in any case)

edit: if I were to add a suggestion to fixing mage shoulder itemization, it would be to nerf Boreal Mantle down to something like 25 frost power, and then make t2 ~25-28 (t2.5 is 30). This would make T2 appropriately desirable for mages.

Aubreykun

Post by Aubreykun » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:48 pm

Dragunovi wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:31 pm

Hateforge Armor Rework:
[snip]
  • Hateforge Grips: Increased Strength from 9 to 13. Removed 1% Haste. Reduced the cooldown on the 5% Haste use ability to 15 minutes.
The cooldown is currently 10 minutes. Is this supposed to say "increased" to 15 min, or is it supposed to say reduced to "5 minutes"? The bolded parts are currently contradictory.

Frankthepen

Post by Frankthepen » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:23 am

Dragunovi wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:35 pm
Tiancaixin wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:39 am
Kris of Unspoken Names: Spellpower increased from 59 to 71. Added 1% Spell Hit Chance.
Mage:
Blade of Vaulted Secrets: Increased Spellpower from 40 to 56.

How did this happen?
The Mage is the son of his stepmother?
An oversight with the spellpower DPS sacrifice calculation, going to replace spell hit with extra stamina for warlock kris to keep it equal as the mage blade has 1% spell hit to take the place of the extra spellpower.
I would personally keep the hit% on the warlock dagger, even at the cost of spellpower. Mages, between talents and their zg enchants, have enough hit already, while warlocks struggle with that specifically.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:26 am

Frankthepen wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:23 am
I would personally keep the hit% on the warlock dagger, even at the cost of spellpower. Mages, between talents and their zg enchants, have enough hit already, while warlocks struggle with that specifically.
I think it’s quite clear that TWoW devs want the Destruction spec to have low +hit. I think the logic is to have the destruction spells be hard-hitting but volatile. It’s a trade off; your damage profile will be spiky instead of smooth.

Hyrag
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Hyrag » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:27 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:26 am
Frankthepen wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:23 am
I think it’s quite clear that TWoW devs want the Destruction spec to have low +hit. I think the logic is to have the destruction spells be hard-hitting but volatile. It’s a trade off; your damage profile will be spiky instead of smooth.
maybe they can add a set bonus to fire destro warlock
like u get +1% spell haste or spell hit per Searing pain crit stacks X times

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:31 pm

Hyrag wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:27 pm
Jc473 wrote:
If they did something like this, they wouldn't give bonus hit. They'd go for +haste and have it stack up to 3-4 times.

Hyrag

Post by Hyrag » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:02 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:31 pm
Hyrag wrote:
Jc473 wrote:
If they did something like this, they wouldn't give bonus hit. They'd go for +haste and have it stack up to 3-4 times.
yeah. but spell haste is busted in pvp so maybe 10 stacks to give you like 2% spell haste tho
but that makes lacks in pve because searing pain is just trash to use in raids(aggro)
spell hit fits more in my eyes(your trading aggro to get more hit)
its fair for fire destro

Nemoose

Post by Nemoose » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:17 pm

Dragunovi wrote:
  • Shaman:
    • Bindings of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength, Increased Spellpower from 8 to 13, Added 4 MP5.
    • Cord of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength, Increased Spellpower from 12 to 15, Increased MP5 from 4 to 5, Added 1% Spell Hit.
    • Pauldrons of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength and Agility, Increased Spellpower from 12 to 15, Added 1% Spell Crit.
    • Kilt of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength and Agility, Increased Stamina from 12 to 16, Increased Spellpower from 18 to 24, Added 1% Spell Hit and 5 MP5.
    • Gauntlets of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength, Increased Spellpower from 12 to 14, Added 1% Spell Crit.
    • Boots of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength and Agility, Increased Intellect from 10 to 13, Increased Spellpower from 12 to 14, Added 1% Spell Hit.
    • Coif of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength and Agility, Increased Spellpower from 18 to 24, Added 1% Spell Crit and 5 MP5.
    • Vest of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength and Agility, Increased Spellpower from 18 to 26, Added 1% Spell Crit and 4 MP5.
  • Druid:
    • Work in progress, slated to be reworked into a full Balance set.
Greetings,
please reconsider changing both hybrid sets (the thirt set for Paladin stays hybrid i guess?) in full caster sets or maybe let them be tradeable as the future Raidtier sets?
It's a selfish question, because my enhancement Shaman is wearing t0,5 to shift away from Autoattack+WF being 100% of my damage to it being 60% and 40% being Shocks and Lightning shield, having more mana to finish some fights even without manapotion and stronger heals. Definitly not min/max meta, but a fun playstyle using your enhancement changes. The character would then be ether a elemental without weapon and accesories or an enhancement without armor. I'm not very keen off taking the leftovers that warrior/rogue/hunter didn't need/allready had and gift to me to equip in min/max Nightfall/totemtwisting build.

english is not my native laguage, so please excuse all grammatical/vocabulary erros, thanks for listening to my thoughs on this and maybe reconsider the changes.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:23 pm

Hyrag wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:02 pm
Jc473 wrote:
Hyrag wrote:

yeah. but spell haste is busted in pvp so maybe 10 stacks to give you like 2% spell haste tho
but that makes lacks in pve because searing pain is just trash to use in raids(aggro)
its fair for fire destro
Well, I can only repeat my original statement; I think they want the Destruction spec (shadow or fire) to be volatile (i.e. low +hit --> spiky damage profile).

However, from a personal pov, I think your suggestion is interesting; having to use a high threat spell to get +hit. Only downside is that people would just use rank 1 searing pain to circumvent the high threat issue.

Hyrag

Post by Hyrag » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:04 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:23 pm
Hyrag wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:02 pm
Jc473 wrote:

its fair for fire destro
Well, I can only repeat my original statement; I think they want the Destruction spec (shadow or fire) to be volatile (i.e. low +hit --> spiky damage profile).

However, from a personal pov, I think your suggestion is interesting; having to use a high threat spell to get +hit. Only downside is that people would just use rank 1 searing pain to circumvent the high threat issue.
yeah. the downranking issue is real. but i like the trade off effect of aggro x hit for fire destro.
it fits the 'spec fantasy"

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:04 pm

Elsaph wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:06 pm
I just noticed - it appears you've made mage t2 shoulders better than mage t3 shoulders (or very nearly equivalent in any case)

edit: if I were to add a suggestion to fixing mage shoulder itemization, it would be to nerf Boreal Mantle down to something like 25 frost power, and then make t2 ~25-28 (t2.5 is 30). This would make T2 appropriately desirable for mages.
Its moreso the issue of Mage Tier 3 being undertuned which we might touch upon with a later balance patch. Also for Boreal Mantle we will redistribute some of its power from the spellpower to the raw stats, thanks for the suggestion.
Sometimes makes items, feel free to query on Discord for questions!

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:17 pm

Please re-balance the gear that had its ARP halved. Most of those pieces were carried by ARP alone and are now undertuned for their ilvl.

Bittermens

Re: Midpatch Itemization Changes Changelog

Post by Bittermens » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:36 am

If only paladin dungeon sets needs a buff on drop rate or Have all D1 sets have the same drop rate of 15% with 2 parts dropping off the last bosses like chest, head and legs

Dewbie

Post by Dewbie » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:48 am

Don't you think the Towerforge set is REALLY expensive for what you're getting from it? Don't know if a lot of people will bother crafting that, especially since it's not even plate for warriors. 12 arcanite bars for that chest is debatable when there's other options you could get with similar dps stats...But I see where you're coming from with allowing people with maxed out mains and lots of gold to spend be able to kit out their new alt to throw at raids.

Muatarantl

Post by Muatarantl » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:55 am

My deepest condolences to anyone who bothered to make the new craftable gear, so many bars for towerforge set and it's not even that good any more.

Timesunk22

Post by Timesunk22 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:57 am

Dragunovi wrote:
  • Towerforge Crown: Reduced Haste from 2% to 1%, Replaced 1% Critical Chance with 1% Hit.
  • Towerforge Pauldrons: Reduced Strength from 17 to 15, Replaced 1% Critical Chance with 1% Hit.
re: Towerforge nerf:

If the set is too powerful for warriors, you could make it paladin/shaman only and skip the nerf. Enhancement shamans and ret paladins aren’t approaching warriors on the meters, and they wouldn’t be even with these items in their current state.

If that’t not acceptable, please change some or all of the crit to agility instead of hit. The classes this set is intended for (2h mace users) don’t need more hit on their gear. Our hit cap is only 6% with the weapon skill from this set, and anyone with the resources to craft this set likely already has their hit situation well under control.

The proposed stats are very disappointing considering the cost to craft. Thanks for reading.

Queenoona

Post by Queenoona » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:05 am

Timesunk22 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:57 am
Dragunovi wrote:
  • Towerforge Crown: Reduced Haste from 2% to 1%, Replaced 1% Critical Chance with 1% Hit.
  • Towerforge Pauldrons: Reduced Strength from 17 to 15, Replaced 1% Critical Chance with 1% Hit.
re: Towerforge nerf:

If the set is too powerful for warriors, you could make it paladin/shaman only and skip the nerf. Enhancement shamans and ret paladins aren’t approaching warriors on the meters, and they wouldn’t be even with these items in their current state.

If that’t not acceptable, please change some or all of the crit to agility instead of hit. The classes this set is intended for (2h mace users) don’t need more hit on their gear. Our hit cap is only 6% with the weapon skill from this set, and anyone with the resources to craft this set likely already has their hit situation well under control.

The proposed stats are very disappointing considering the cost to craft. Thanks for reading.
+1

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:15 am

Dragunovi wrote:
  • Shaman:
    • Bindings of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength, Increased Spellpower from 8 to 13, Added 4 MP5.
    • Cord of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength, Increased Spellpower from 12 to 15, Increased MP5 from 4 to 5, Added 1% Spell Hit.
    • Pauldrons of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength and Agility, Increased Spellpower from 12 to 18, Increased Stamina from 13 to 15, Added 4 MP5.
    • Kilt of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength and Agility, Increased Stamina from 12 to 16, Increased Spellpower from 18 to 24, Added 1% Spell Hit and 5 MP5.
    • Gauntlets of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength, Increased Spellpower from 12 to 14, Added 1% Spell Crit.
    • Boots of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength and Agility, Increased Intellect from 10 to 13, Increased Spellpower from 12 to 14, Added 1% Spell Hit.
    • Coif of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength and Agility, Increased Spellpower from 18 to 24, Added 1% Spell Crit and 5 MP5.
    • Vest of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength and Agility, Increased Spellpower from 18 to 26, Added 1% Spell Crit and 4 MP5.
I understand removing the haste as they would be a little overtuned, however 1% spell crit was not added to the coif or vest as stated

original items:
https://www.wowhead.com/classic/item=22 ... e-thunders

pre-update:
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=22097
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=22102

post-update:

as it stands these items are worse than they were before being "buffed"

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:12 am

Ghola wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:15 am
Dragunovi wrote:
  • Shaman:
    • Pauldrons of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength and Agility, Increased Spellpower from 12 to 18, Increased Stamina from 13 to 15, Added 4 MP5.
I understand removing the haste as they would be a little overtuned, however 1% spell crit was not added to the coif or vest as stated

original items:

pre-update:
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=22097
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=22102

post-update:

as it stands these items are worse than they were before being "buffed"
Did you clear your WDB-folder?

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:18 am

yes, you can see the spellpower values are updated in my screenshot

Elisleris

Post by Elisleris » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:41 am

Whats crap you did with paladin's AQ20 weapon?
First, it is one-handed weapon, so it defenetly not for retribution (they need two-handed).
Second, it has 1% dodge - so that wepon for prot paladin.
Prot paladin used own spell ability like Consecration, Seal of Righteousness, Holy strike, Holy shield to do Holy damage. As well threat from Holy damage increased by Righteous Fury.
As result, he need more spell power to do more threat to be good tank.
Now you decrease spell power on that weapon and increase it white damage, that useless for prot paladin at all.

All classes got buffed own weapon , but only paladin got nerfed.

Please, revert back that changes...
Better to leave the DPS as it was before and increase spell power according to other classes weapon
Last edited by Elisleris on Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:57 am

Ghola wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:18 am
yes, you can see the spellpower values are updated in my screenshot
had to look three times to process the difference from original to turtle-update.
Yea there's some mistake, either on the log or on the appliance of values.

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:54 am

Elisleris wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:41 am
Whats crap you did with paladin's AQ20 weapon?
First, it is one-handed weapon, so it defenetly not for retribution (they need two-handed).
Second, it has 1% dodge - so that wepon for prot paladin.
Prot paladin used own spell ability like Consecration, Seal of Righteousness, Holy strike, Holy shield to do Holy damage. As well threat from Holy damage increased by Righteous Fury.
As result, he need more spell power to do more threat to be good tank.
Now you decrease spell power on that weapon and increase it white damage, that useless for prot paladin at all.

All classes got buffed own weapon , but only paladin got nerfed.

Please, revert back that changes...
Better to leave the DPS as it was before and increase spell power according to other classes weapon
Holy strike is a major source of threat and increases with white hit damage, no? From what I've seen from prot paladins who mathed it out, some of the highest TPS weapons in the game are melee-damage focused weapons

Elisleris

Post by Elisleris » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:09 am

Ghola wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:54 am
Holy strike is a major source of threat and increases with white hit damage, no? From what I've seen from prot paladins who mathed it out, some of the highest TPS weapons in the game are melee-damage focused weapons
Holy strike has 10 sec CD, it did weapon damage + scale from spell power and attack power both. So for Holy strike that weapon changes will buff.
But for other holy abilities , that scaled from spell power, this is nerf in holy damage/TPS.

Voose

Post by Voose » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:00 am

Hello, I have a small suggestion. Scythe of the Unseen Path is strongly requested to show the appearance after equipping!! Thank you!!

Ezuba

Post by Ezuba » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:16 pm

Dragunovi wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:04 pm
Elsaph wrote:

Its moreso the issue of Mage Tier 3 being undertuned which we might touch upon with a later balance patch. Also for Boreal Mantle we will redistribute some of its power from the spellpower to the raw stats, thanks for the suggestion.
Heavy handed adjustments with very little contemplation here. Boreal is tuned that way because it is FROST only. It is not better than t2 because by the time you are finishing your t2 set you are moving on to fire spec.

Every item in the game does not need an adjustment. Please put real thought into the trade offs and if it ain't broke.. don't fix it.
Astrld — 60 Nightelf Rogue
Nachichi — 60 Nightelf Priest
Snapcaster — 60 Gnome Mage
Tazri — 60 Human Warrior
Rafiq — 59 Human Paladin

Kaiben

Post by Kaiben » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:59 pm

edit I should know better and stop trying to argue
Last edited by Kaiben on Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kaiben

Post by Kaiben » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:03 pm

Last edited by Kaiben on Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kaiben

Post by Kaiben » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:04 pm

Tendies

Post by Tendies » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:44 pm

Dragunovi wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:04 pm
Elsaph wrote:

Mages are one of the most powerful BG/PvP classes.

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:02 pm

Dragunovi wrote:
  • Coif of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength and Agility, Increased Spellpower from 18 to 24, Added 5 MP5.
  • Vest of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength and Agility, Increased Spellpower from 18 to 26, Added 4 MP5.
wow faked out

should've left these untouched, having your pieces nerfed when everyone else's gets buffed feels awful

Ezuba

Post by Ezuba » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:38 pm

Ghola wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:02 pm
Dragunovi wrote:
  • Coif of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength and Agility, Increased Spellpower from 18 to 24, Added 5 MP5.
  • Vest of The Five Thunders: Removed Strength and Agility, Increased Spellpower from 18 to 26, Added 4 MP5.
wow faked out

should've left these untouched, having your pieces nerfed when everyone else's gets buffed feels awful
I think the team does not put enough thought into the ramifications of changing items haphazardly. When you nerf a craftable item it nullifies peoples time and gold spent into crafting the item. When you change raid loot it nullfies peoples investment into the raid and gear they have spent weeks/months farming.

I think the final thing that doesn't get mentioned enough is that if you just change TOO MUCH stuff you waste peoples future time. Time spent farming an item that they knew from vanilla to be worthwhile to find that when it finally drops that it actually isn't the item they know anymore at all. These kind of changes aren't as bad on raid loot when you are working with a large group to farm them and have the hive mind of your guild to let you know when you're after an item that has changed. What really hurts is when you start changing a bunch of random dungeon gear, especially nerfing like the example of boreal mantle further up in the discussion, so that someone might invest a ton of time to ultimately be let down.

I'd suggest if heavy handed changes/nerfs continue that a directory is created documenting every item change on the server to look up quickly and analyze. And if that seems like too daunting of a task to do, maybe consider that you are changing too much stuff.
Astrld — 60 Nightelf Rogue
Nachichi — 60 Nightelf Priest
Snapcaster — 60 Gnome Mage
Tazri — 60 Human Warrior
Rafiq — 59 Human Paladin

Yukumba

Post by Yukumba » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:18 pm

Hi, is there any chance to recover deleted t0.5 items?
Now some of em are good to use and those quest cannot be started again...