Since devs are refusing to nerf Paladins, I suggest actively avoiding PVP altogether

Kuqtuvaldor

Since devs are refusing to nerf Paladins, I suggest actively avoiding PVP altogether

Post by Kuqtuvaldor » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:57 pm

There doesn't seem to be any other way of making developers treat 8 playerbases fairly, the 1 class that has the absolute worst playerbase gets to ruin everyone's experience in a major aspect of the game- PVP. If we don't organize, PVP will be kept unplayable so that Fedora McTipper can feel like agood player on his fedora class.

Charanko

Re: Since devs are refusing to nerf Paladins, I suggest actively avoiding PVP altogether

Post by Charanko » Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:03 pm

At the end of the day… they are the one having to try to sleep at night knowing they play a paladin…
Maybe even a female blood elf one…
🥲🤣

All is good
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Bigsmerf

Re: Since devs are refusing to nerf Paladins, I suggest actively avoiding PVP altogether

Post by Bigsmerf » Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:44 pm

Prrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettyyyyy sure the devs have brought up the OP pala issue and discussed solving it, but whatever beats your meat I guess.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:01 pm

I suggest we protest outside Orgrimmar, till they nerf Paladins...
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Sjc

Post by Sjc » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:20 pm

What makes paladins OP? Is it their new tanking or healing changes?

Kuqtuvaldor

Post by Kuqtuvaldor » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:20 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:44 pm
Prrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettyyyyy sure the devs have brought up the OP pala issue and discussed solving it, but whatever beats your meat I guess.
I don't like to act a fool, the fact that it took them this long and the nerf is a slap on the wrist signals to me that they intend to milk the current state as long as possible.

Deal was to make classes playable, not to make them completely overpowered, no?

Kuqtuvaldor

Post by Kuqtuvaldor » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:25 pm

Sjc wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:20 pm
They are a high utility class that now has completely unconditional burst damage. You cannot itemize against it and can't mitigate it with any convetional means. They are also allowed to attack through invulnurability, now with a 50% damage penalty.

On battlegrounds, they take up too much space, which Paladin was intended for, but now they run at you with burst damage as well. They don't rely on recknoning to do damage anymore, which means their damage is , once again, unconditional.

Kuqtuvaldor

Post by Kuqtuvaldor » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:26 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:01 pm
I suggest we protest outside Orgrimmar, till they nerf Paladins...
I'm completely down tbh. Just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth that they refuse to treat people fairly, just to get gibs from worst players. Wanted to donate at the beginning but decided against it, due to their cynical attitude towards non-redditors (non-paladins).

Brandwacht

Post by Brandwacht » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:02 pm

Sjc wrote:
What makes paladins OP?
players (not paladins) on the forum

Brandwacht

Post by Brandwacht » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:05 pm

Kuqtuvaldor wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:25 pm
Sjc wrote:
now they run at you with burst damage as well.
more details?

Venaven

Post by Venaven » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:26 pm

They literally did nerf paladins this patch with the bubble change, though.
For the record, I play warlock and don't have much of an issue.

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:32 pm

Kuqtuvaldor wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:57 pm
There doesn't seem to be any other way of making developers treat 8 playerbases fairly, the 1 class that has the absolute worst playerbase gets to ruin everyone's experience in a major aspect of the game- PVP. If we don't organize, PVP will be kept unplayable so that Fedora McTipper can feel like agood player on his fedora class.
What are you going to nerf about your class?
wary_turtle_head I'm just here for the GM's replies--Carry on!!

Naonak1945

Post by Naonak1945 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:41 am

Paladin without a bubble is just a worse version of a warrior?
I agree, the bubble wasn't designed for PvP, but here we are.
I remember being more worried over holy/prot pallies in BGs. Only cause it was so hard to kill them and took ages.
Again, big difference in knowledge, 2k server compared to 12k plus.

Brandwacht

Post by Brandwacht » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:57 am

Naonak1945 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:41 am
I remember being more worried over holy/prot pallies in BGs. Only cause it was so hard to kill them and took ages.

just don't try to kill the paladin in the bubble

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:22 am

Can someone remind me Why can pallies do dmg in bubble,again?
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Brandwacht

Post by Brandwacht » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:23 am

Charanko wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:22 am
Can someone remind me Why can pallies do dmg in bubble,again?
are you discussing the paladin's nerf without knowing his skills?
it's very nice...

Borzy

Post by Borzy » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:26 am

OP should just learn to play their class. No one should be getting killed by a paladin in world PVP

Springboards

Post by Springboards » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:42 am

Borzy wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:26 am
OP should just learn to play their class. No one should be getting killed by a paladin in world PVP
Actually its extremely easy. Nobody else has a pyroblast-tier 10 seconcd cd next attack ability unlocked at level FOUR(which can crit 450 at lvl 20 with orc crusher or smite's 2hander.) Not to mention things like freedom/hoj/heals , paladins have their entire toolkit by level 15-20 , and only get better while everyone else doesnt get theirs until lvl 30s-40s

Casters and hunters cannot cast through LoS here, so baiting paladins around trees put you at a disadvantage. Cannot shoot through trees now, so a paladin can just run around a tree, heal/regen/bandage and jump back into the fray

Lets not forget things like disc rays or force-proc frost oil due to the new seal system which means paladins do have a slow

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:33 am

Kuqtuvaldor wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:57 pm
Actually I don't think that any organisation needed. If players see some unfairness, they just won't play.
You can see it on 10-19 where everyone knows about twinks and are not very eager to join battlegrounds.
We can't even imagine how many players already don't play because of paladins.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Hoodooman

Post by Hoodooman » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:19 pm

You may be dead, but remember they have to live being a paladin so who is the real winner?

Hoodooman

Post by Hoodooman » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:27 pm

Foobs wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:32 pm

I suggest a forced title for paladins "Loves Big Roosters". This title will really strike at the issue at hand which is being killed a feminine men that take big swords, and a plate class that roles on mage gear.

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:05 pm

Hoodooman wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:19 pm
You may be dead, but remember they have to live being a paladin so who is the real winner?
Right on …thats what i been sayin… they have my pitty… poor souls
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:07 pm

Hoodooman wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:27 pm
Foobs wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:32 pm

I suggest a forced title for paladins "Loves Big Roosters". This title will really strike at the issue at hand which is being killed a feminine men that take big swords, and a plate class that roles on mage gear.
Their class color is already pink…blizz knew whats up ;’) …nothing wrong with that …femboys need love too,lucky they have their own class <3 hehe
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Mastermind90

Post by Mastermind90 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:37 pm

This vanilla experience is a bit terrifying for those who are up against a paladin in PVP, I understand that helping the paladins with new skills and explosive damage has also increased a more interesting PVE game.
at least I remember that some skills could not be used in the arena in TBC, this could be a solution without nerfs.
I play rogues and I assure you that although I may have had ears full of paladins who appeal to the fact of being blocked by a rogue, it is nothing compared to their explosive damage.
5 seconds of stun are enough to explode Cit. Paladin

Unfortunately, no matter how well dressed a paladin may be, there is no excuse for the fact that there is no game.
in other words you like to win easy, damage above 2k in an instant produced by a single swing which in turn can produce an extra swing of the same damage.
it would be enough to block holy strike in the BGs and we will certainly be happier, while in the open they will be able to use it at will.
I know that isn't the skill that imposes great damage but a seal, however I'm going step by step without destroying the class.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:10 pm

Brandwacht wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:57 am
Naonak1945 wrote:

Ding ding ding! If a Paladin bubbles, that's your cue to reset too.

Kuqtuvaldor

Post by Kuqtuvaldor » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:56 am

Kefke wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:10 pm
Brandwacht wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:57 am
Naonak1945 wrote:

Ding ding ding! If a Paladin bubbles, that's your cue to reset too.
Ding ding ding, nice cope, you need nerfs.

Ashstache

Post by Ashstache » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:28 am

Warlock is the strongest class in pvp, I don't understand why you're having trouble

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:30 am

We've been going on about this for years like a broken record, it's why myself and many old pvpers have simply quit. Just boring to get globaled in a HOJ.

Look at this and tell me paladins are fine... Guys in Zul Gurub gear and kills a R14 warrior in 3 seconds.

Karmakatxd

Post by Karmakatxd » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:38 am

also nerf shamans and warlocks while you are at it! satisfied_turtle

Tinyplease

Post by Tinyplease » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:01 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:44 pm
It has been brought up for two years and the best they did was change their dev discord server logo to a paladin with a big fat red cross over it.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:07 pm

Karmakatxd wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:38 am
These classes are on the bottom of popularity.
If they are verystrong, why people don't play them much.

Ele shaman hard countered by ONE curse that makes shaman obsolete
Nothing similar counters paladins

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:27 pm

Ataika wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:07 pm
Karmakatxd wrote:

So, ele shaman is hard countered by one curse (I assume you mean CoT) and yet you also state that warlocks are very under represented due to over representation of paladins and their very mana efficient dispelling...

So, by this logic, ele shamans should not really have to endure CoT because there are very few warlocks?

For reference, this was your other comment in another thread on warlock representation (viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11874&p=78566#p78566)

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:49 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:27 pm
Ataika wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:07 pm
Karmakatxd wrote:

So, ele shaman is hard countered by one curse (I assume you mean CoT) and yet you also state that warlocks are very under represented due to over representation of paladins and their very mana efficient dispelling...

So, by this logic, ele shamans should not really have to endure CoT because there are very few warlocks?

For reference, this was your other comment in another thread on warlock representation (viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11874&p=78566#p78566)
Yes, by my logic if you complain about shamans you can roll warlock and delete them, especially on alliance side because there are no million paladins vs you.
And there is no class that counters paladins with 1 button.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:02 pm

Ataika wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:49 pm
Yes, by my logic if you complain about shamans you can roll warlock and delete them, especially on alliance side because there are no million paladins vs you.
Ah, that's interesting because a lot of people (I believe, yourself included) suggested that locks are very unpopular on Alliance because of the Wotf racial. So, I thought this helps to promote the Ele shaman representation (due to no CoT).

If this is the case, having ele shamans being allowed to more easily cast in PvP, is a very dangerous for the Alliance. Their burst is ridiculous and destroys just about anyone even if you can't get double crits with elemental mastery (TWoW doesn't allow spell batching for this particular interaction). I know a lot of attention is on the power levels of Paladins on TWoW, but I genuinely think that ele shamans are ridiculously powerful and have flown under the radar in the PvP balance conversations.

Queenoona

Post by Queenoona » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:11 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:02 pm
Ataika wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:49 pm
Ah, that's interesting because a lot of people (I believe, yourself included) suggested that locks are very unpopular on Alliance because of the Wotf racial. So, I thought this helps to promote the Ele shaman representation (due to no CoT).

If this is the case, having ele shamans being allowed to more easily cast in PvP, is a very dangerous for the Alliance. Their burst is ridiculous and destroys just about anyone even if you can't get double crits with elemental mastery (TWoW doesn't allow spell batching for this particular interaction). I know a lot of attention is on the power levels of Paladins on TWoW, but I genuinely think that ele shamans are ridiculously powerful and have flown under the radar in the PvP balance conversations.
The conversation on PvP balance often gets deflected onto Elemental Shamans by Paladins. I agree Elemental is very strong and should be looked at, but its strength requires more setup time and is more easily disrupted than a paladin.
I'd say that Warlock and Shadow Priest are both better than Elemental shamans on Turtle.

The 'balance' between Elemental Shaman and Paladin in 1.12 (Vanilla) was that Paladins were extremely powerful Defensively but weaker offensively while Elemental Shaman was powerful offensively but weaker defensively. A ying and yang arrangement.

However in Turtle Paladins are now also powerful on the offense, which is what creates the imbalance.