Un-nerf diamond flask

Raukodor

Un-nerf diamond flask

Post by Raukodor » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:32 am

Hello fellow turtles

As you know the warrior trinket called diamond flask scales with+ healing from gear, that you can use, swap to your combat gear and keep the healing bonus

This is how it works and is our only tool to solo stuff that other classes can do with his skills, not spending a lot of money or time to get a "healing" spec gear

Warriors dont have any combat healing, so is our only tool to warriors like me who loves play solo

Please dont nerf it, keep it like always was, we spent a lot of money and time to get our healing gear (mostly bought from ah or soloing Dungeons, because you shouldnt roll need healing hear from healing classes that needs it)
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Drubarrymooer

Re: Un-nerf diamond flask

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:06 am

Warriors are the best tank and best dps in the game. You can't be the best healer. I don't think sippy was ever intended to be that way. And even if it was, this isn't retail where every class can do everything. It was was so OP in classic many guilds prio'd healing gear to their tanks first so they could heal 1.5k/tick. That's insane. I'm all for nerfing cheese like that.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:11 am

Yeah but for solo players like me is our only tool to do solo/elite stuff

We dont have any combat healing, or the survability of other classes

Think in the pala, the Hunter, the lock, the mage or even the druid or the priest how easily they can deal with it

Or at least have tools to deal with it, some easier than others, but they have theyr ways or combat healing that allows to kill stuff stronger than you

And no, hamstring kitting dont work always

Please think about it, this change limits too much some stuff specially for solo adventurers

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:29 am

Then play a different class or venture in different activities. Warriors canonically do not have the ability to heal. Heck, not even just WoW...most RPGs I'd wager. There are just some things soloable by one class and not by others and vice versa. It was way too OP in both pvp and pve. Everyone hated it except warriors. They loved it because it made them even more OP. Of all the nerfs they did in the last patch, nerfing sippy was by far the most sensible and probably most requested. If you want to do dungeon content, get a dungeon group. Don't complain that you can't solo it.

Fresharugula

Post by Fresharugula » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:54 am

"warriors cant do everything anymore, please fix"

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:12 am

I don't think Diamond Flask made Warriors "the best" healers. It's more that the flask offered them a way to address an inherent problem the class has. Namely that it is a class made to take a lot of damage, but has little in the way of ability to reduce or offset HP loss compared to other classes.

Reducing the heal by 90%, but only raising how often you can use it by ~33% is a pretty big hit for something that serves a unique purpose. I understand the dev team's desire to not see low level gear remain BiS into high-level content (although I do not necessarily agree with it, as it hurts non-raiding playstyles), but the issue here is that nerfing Diamond Flask this hard doesn't really solve that, even if you see it as a problem. Diamond Flask is still the BiS trinket for consistent sustainability, because there isn't really a piece of higher levelled gear to replace it. It's just that the BiS trinket for that is bad now...and the thing is, Warriors do need tools to help their sustainability, so that they don't become either "the only thing the healer is doing" or "stop and eat after every pull".

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:35 am

Kefke wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:12 am
class made to take a lot of damage, but has little in the way of ability to reduce or offset HP loss compared to other classes.
This "problem" is supposed to stay there because class should have weaknesses and strengths. Every class is not self-sufficient (except twow paladins) and it is the main reason why we should group up with other people. Weaknesses of one class can be covered by strenghts of other class.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:25 am

I don't mind keeping it aslong as its removed from all BG's and arena. You'd get some warriors cheesing it every match with like 1000+ heal gear from dual wielding healing maces.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:39 am

I'm sure you can get your solo content done with lifesteal enchants, hp5 gear, vampirism and spirit.
I used to do okay with lifesteal and pulling few mobs only, i'm sure a solo gear set can be done to reduce downtime during solo content, replacing the need for diamond flask

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:39 am

Spirit is useless in combat

And the Lifestealing/hp5 gear.... for low level content maybe but for a really hard elite i doubt you can use it (and you lose your good gear for those ones)

If the problem is pvp, then why not dont allow them use it in arenas etc?

I know this is a rpg etc etc

But cmon, a mage can do whatever they want, locks, hunters, paladins can solo skull level elites, druids, priests, and shamans can heal in combat

I only want our only tool to do stuff that every other class can do without farming a second or third spec (and you only can use once every 5 min)

Imagine that mages only could use Blizzard with this cd lol

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:03 am

Raukodor wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:39 am

And the Lifestealing/hp5 gear.... for low level content maybe but for a really hard elite i doubt you can use it (and you lose your good gear for those ones)

But cmon, a mage can do whatever they want, locks, hunters, paladins can solo skull level elites, druids, priests, and shamans can heal in combat

I only want our only tool to do stuff that every other class can do without farming a second or third spec (and you only can use once every 5 min)

This has been said by me and several others. This is not retail. Warriors should not be able to self heal. Just because other classes can do xyz doesn't mean all classes should be able to. You have plenty of self heal options in potions, bandages, tea, gem, and yes sippy, even in its nerfed form, still heals. If you want to be able to take a hit and self heal, play paladin or druid. Just remember, they're not top dps or bis tank either. There are mobs they can't solo that rogues can, mobs that only mages can, mobs that only hunters can, etc etc. There's still plenty of content that a warrior can solo.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:11 am

Warrior is top class but only if have a healer behind

I love had my diamond flask as pocket healer for elite stuff that i cant do in other way...

I dont see a lot of warriors caring of getting sippy set, so maybe is not so popular, only for some hard world encounters or only for some pvers that dont rely on a healer, or some lone wolfs like me

Again, if in PvP breaks the rules, then forbid his usage, but let the it be to the ones Who really uses them against the world (of warcraft)
P

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:46 am

Raukodor wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:39 am

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:02 pm

Raukodor wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:11 am
I love had my diamond flask as pocket healer for elite stuff that i cant do in other way...
Then that content wasn't meant for you to solo it. Do something else
Raukodor wrote:
I dont see a lot of warriors caring of getting sippy set, so maybe is not so popular, only for some hard world encounters or only for some pvers that dont rely on a healer, or some lone wolfs like me
Every warrior that has raided since classic has been collecting sippy. There are literal guilds that prio'd gear for sippy over healers.
Raukodor wrote:
Again, if in PvP breaks the rules, then forbid his usage, but let the it be to the ones Who really uses them against the world (of warcraft)
No. It's OP AF. Dungeon/specific mobs/most elite content wasn't meant to be solo'd by most classes. The ones that can do so because of talents and abilities, not oversights on class trinkets. There's a whole world of stuff you can solo. Some things are meant to be done in groups and there are strengths and weaknesses in all classes.

Geojak
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Geojak » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:54 pm

We thought for years to get this nerf. No need to revert, this is great. Be happy the scaling was only nerfed and not tbc blizzlike removed

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:04 pm

Nerfed like 90 % lol

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:38 pm

Im thinking in a solution

Could be able to keep the classic healing of diamon flask when you play alone?

But nerfed when you are in a group?

Then people cant complain that is broken in pvp, arenas or raids

And keep the healing untouched for solo players (to get combat self heal)

Xanwow

Post by Xanwow » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:56 pm

I don't understand why any AP scaling was kept, as 1:0.1 makes it entirely nonviable.

It would be great to have this tuned so the extreme abuses of this item didn't ruin it for everyone else. Maybe a 1:0.5 scaling ratio? Disable in arenas/battlegrounds?

I was looking forward to building a healing set from my greed roles and solo some lower level dungeon content.

Maybe vampirism will be okay, but its currently bugged (does not stack) and I bet it gets nerfed in the future for the same reasons (e.g. prot pally with 15% vamp and full aoe gear).

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:03 pm

This is why i want it

I invested a lot of gold and time to get mi sippy set that allows me kills elites or low level Dungeons to farm (mostly transmog items)

Alfonso

Post by Alfonso » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:22 pm

How i understand it. It breaks PvP. If it would be a solo! PvE only thing i would not care. What can you do solo anyway you cant do with multiboxing?

Xanwow

Post by Xanwow » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:34 pm

Alfonso wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:22 pm
How i understand it. It breaks PvP. If it would be a solo! PvE only thing i would not care. What can you do solo anyway you cant do with multiboxing?
It seems this could just be disabled in arena/battlegrounds. No need to crush the PVE aspect just because of PVP.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:01 am

This is what i thought. If the complain is that is broken in arena/bg then disable it there, but keep the healing untouched in pve

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:55 pm

More warriors want the diamond flask healing back to normal? Or im the only one?

Inovatu

Post by Inovatu » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:31 am

Raukodor wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:03 pm
This is why i want it

I invested a lot of gold and time to get mi sippy set that allows me kills elites or low level Dungeons to farm (mostly transmog items)
Make a second account -> level a healing class -> group up with your Healerclass -> do solo content
No need for OP diamond flask

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:49 pm

But you can do that? Play with 2 accounts at same time??

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:58 pm

Yes, yes you can.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Voidrever

Post by Voidrever » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:17 pm

Have u check new stat vamp yet?
I meet many war want me to do 2 new vamp enchants for farming.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:37 pm

But only heals 1 hp per hit

I heard scales with sp, but you dont stack sp like paladins in your gear (only for sippy set)

By the way how you can play with 2 accounts at same time??

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:07 am

Open 2 clients and alt + tab between them. A healer throwing some heals from time to time would me you go on and on without need for breaks and even take on some elites.

If that's not an option refer to the aforementioned alternatives on the thread.

You're gonna have a rough time if you wait until diamond flask is un nerfed (which i doubt it ever will)

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:17 am

Just level yourself a paladin. Lol. He can even farm crocs in ZG and you don't need to level yourself a mage.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:07 am

Thats what i mean

I see unfair other classes like paladin can farm even raid mobs by themselves with self heals or other means

And for warriors in combat, every hp lost wont back (maybe little heals like crusader procs or even lesser the bloodthirst heals, but those ard riddiculous)

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:48 pm

And in the other hand is the time and gold we spent in a good sippy set (trust me is not few gold)

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:41 am

So there is no option for just disable it in arenas/bg where is the issue with this item?

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:40 pm

Stop bumping your own thread. You don't need to be top DPS, top tank, and top heals. Find different content to solo or make a healer friend.