October 3 — the maintenance and update!

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

October 3 — the maintenance and update!

Post by Torta » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:23 pm

Greetings! Patch 1.17.0: Beyond the Greymane Wall is releasing on our European server! Patch Notes: https://turtle-wow.org/gilneas

The realm is undergoing maintenance and updates. Estimated downtime is 6-10 hours. Follow ⁠server-status channel on Discord for updates.

We anticipate high traffic on our login server during the initial days, so if the patching process is too slow for you, please consider downloading the full 1.17.0 client.

New game client 1.17.0: https://turtle-wow.b-cdn.net/twmoa_1170.zip

Alternatively, if you already have the 1.16.5 version of the game, you can use this patcher to upgrade it to version 1.17.0.

Patch installer 1.16.5 → 1.17.0 https://turtle-wow.b-cdn.net/twow_patch_1170.exe

Please note that if you play on both European and Asian realms with the same client, you will no longer be able to log in to the Asian realms, as this version is not yet supported there. We recommend making a copy of the client before logging in to the EU client. Support for 1.17.0 will be enabled on Asian realms at a later time.

During the update, all your custom modifications will be deleted to restore the game files integrity checks. If you have anything important, please move it out of the data folder! If you are using the HD patch, do not save it, as you will need to download the newest version.

Please keep in mind that some of the user interface elements have been modified in patch 1.17.0 and might therefore cause issues with some specific addons enabled. If you encounter an issue with the UI (small text, button not working etc.) while not using any addons, please open a bugtracker issue with the details.

Things to keep in mind on the patch day: viewtopic.php?t=10388

Yamakiri

Re: October 3 — the maintenance and update!

Post by Yamakiri » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:48 am

Downloading the full client allways fails (tried 4 times now), and the patch ran but when i launch the wow.exe it says the version is still 1.16.5.

edit-- NVM i logged in and the download/patch happened. It's on 1.17.0 now. (But i still didn't manage to download the full client without issues)

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:02 am

Download of client via client failed several times for me. Got "disconnected". But eventually it finished. Download progress didn't reset on disconnect.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Bbig

Post by Bbig » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:51 am

Dl 4 times now, all corrupt. ~ In discord you said, you fixed this.
We had links to mega & co last time, why no this time?

unhappy_turtle_head

Myeve102

Post by Myeve102 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:33 pm

You scammed Asian players

Dinoriel

Post by Dinoriel » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:00 pm

Myeve102 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:33 pm
What do you mean? I'm fairly certain it has been said that the new patch would be out for eastern servers at a later date, once everything is working smoothly on EU servers.

I can understand being frustrated that the patch is not out for you, yet, but calling it a scam feels like a stretch.

Murphyxu

Post by Murphyxu » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:17 pm

unzip failled

Bbig

Post by Bbig » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:50 pm

I dled now 7 times. This is stupid.

Devs need to upload a working version with a different name to their CDN.
(Or use mega and co.)
Why? - CDNs work like that. They take your file and spread it to servers of their network so users can download it from there.
The propagation takes time; noone will know which of the file (non-working or working) you are dling, when they use the same name!

Myeve102

Post by Myeve102 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:18 pm

Dinoriel wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:00 pm
Myeve102 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:33 pm
What do you mean? I'm fairly certain it has been said that the new patch would be out for eastern servers at a later date, once everything is working smoothly on EU servers.

I can understand being frustrated that the patch is not out for you, yet, but calling it a scam feels like a stretch.
The problem I'm talking about is not the new patch issue, it's the promise of open characters moving to Asia before the European patch release, management lied to us, more than once

Holyleader

Post by Holyleader » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:16 pm

After i have downloaded the patch, the system forced me to restart the game. Then the installer came out but failed to install, it says "couldn't patch turtle wow .....". How can i solve it?

Biscaps

Post by Biscaps » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:04 am

try just installing fresh, worked for me.. the patch did not.

Traintech

Post by Traintech » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:37 am

Just downloaded the new installer. It seems to have worked fine.

Myeve102

Post by Myeve102 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:21 pm

Today, your management has promised to open the transfer of servers to Asia tomorrow, I hope you will not renege on your word

Xero

Post by Xero » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:37 am

What is the file size for the patch download, please?