Thank you so much for making a new PvP server

Shockweek

Thank you so much for making a new PvP server

Post by Shockweek » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:59 am

The flawed warmode on the PVE server is what always held me back to committing to playing here. I think it's great that PVE players have a server and I would never want to ruin their fun, but I just have no interest in it.

PvP during leveling is what always kept me coming back for more and it's what made the world seem exciting and alive to me personally.

Appreciate all the hard work the team does and I can't wait to roll here. Will be rolling whatever faction needs more players. Hoping it's hard as I love the flavor of the faction but if not oh well.

Blaut

Re: Thank you so much for making a new PvP server

Post by Blaut » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:06 pm

You're not very good. Go to Everlook.

Shockweek

Post by Shockweek » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:24 pm

Blaut wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:06 pm
Let me help you out. NO ONE good at PVP plays on Turtle atm. We come here, see how flawed the war mode is and leave. Now we are being given a real option and a few sad individuals like yourself want to take that away.

I would bet money you are one of the level 60's with 1) warmode off 2) camp lowbies all day and can't be policed by other 60's because the flag you have goes away in 5 minutes.

Don't worry, you as a sociopath and horrible pvp player will still have people to harass on the PVE server. You just have to live with the fact you are a bad player and too afraid to roll on a real pvp server.

Thecakeisalie

Post by Thecakeisalie » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:31 pm

I hope these pvp players realise that if there is no solution to the influx of Chinese players then this server will just become a Chinese PVP realm. I hope you look forward to compete for quest mobs and sit in long queues etc with all the Chinese.

Basically Everlook 2.0
Last edited by Thecakeisalie on Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frantsel
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Frantsel » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:31 pm

Shockweek wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:24 pm
Blaut wrote:
Let me help you out. NO ONE good at PVP plays on Turtle atm. We come here, see how flawed the war mode is and leave. Now we are being given a real option and a few sad individuals like yourself want to take that away.

I would bet money you are one of the level 60's with 1) warmode off 2) camp lowbies all day and can't be policed by other 60's because the flag you have goes away in 5 minutes.

Don't worry, you as a sociopath and horrible pvp player will still have people to harass on the PVE server. You just have to live with the fact you are a bad player and too afraid to roll on a real pvp server.
Dude your doing a roundhousekick with assumptions. If you throw so much shit, ofc something must stick.

Musamba

Post by Musamba » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:32 pm

PVP will change TWoW for the better. I can't wait for the release and so are many others I know.

Frantsel
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Frantsel » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:33 pm

Thecakeisalie wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:31 pm
I hope these pvp players realise that if there is no solution to the influx of Chinese players then this server will just become a Chinese PVP realm. I hope you look forward to compete for quest mobs and sit in long queues etc with all the Chinese.
"I hope your doing not well after we broke up. I hope you suffer weeh weeh weeeh. You really broke my heart.."

Lets face it, all twow server become or already are chinese realms..

Thecakeisalie

Post by Thecakeisalie » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:35 pm

Frantsel wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:33 pm
Thecakeisalie wrote:
"I hope your doing not well after we broke up. I hope you suffer weeh weeh weeeh. You really broke my heart.."

Lets face it, all twow server become or already are chinese realms..
Have fun then.

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:39 pm

And then after a few months you get ganked by people in raid gear, one faction begins to dominate, people screech about BG queues, everyone quits and then the whole whining for a PVP server starts anew. Fresh. Fresh! FRESH! FRESHRFRESHFRESH *Bloodlust SFX*

Shockweek

Post by Shockweek » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:40 pm

Thecakeisalie wrote:

Basically Everlook 2.0
You mean they will roll mostly alliance (they aren't a fan of undead) and I can play the faction I prefer and kill them in PVP all day since I have met one good Chinese player ever and it was a frost mage that is a free kill for the classes I main in both solo (imp sprint daggers) and group play (elemental shaman purge/dropping windfury while a warrior globals them)?

Oh no! Anyways...

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:43 pm

Shockweek wrote:
Blaut wrote:

You right now represent the average pvp player - and your elitist behavior is the biggest reason why the majority of wow players over the years have chosen pve servers or one sided servers that might as well be pve.

It is naive to think your way of enjoying the game to be superior.

And besides that, turtle has been one of very few private servers that made the choice to deliberately be pve with xfaction play enabled. While all the now dead or dying alternatives chose pvp as their main mode of operation, turtle has been going strong.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:50 pm

Shockweek wrote:
Blaut wrote:

Funniest post I've read all day, imagine thinking you're a great player because you can kill people in unbalanced vanilla pvp...

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:53 pm

Shockweek wrote:
Blaut wrote:

Posts like these highlight why catering to the PvP crowd by adding a PvP server can only be a bad thing for the community.
Zamba the Unruly
"Zamba be sensing the winds of change in da air. Can you be feeling it too, mon?"

Shockweek

Post by Shockweek » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:54 pm

Harkus wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:39 pm
And then after a few months you get ganked by people in raid gear, one faction begins to dominate, people screech about BG queues, everyone quits and then the whole whining for a PVP server starts anew. Fresh. Fresh! FRESH! FRESHRFRESHFRESH *Bloodlust SFX*
Wrong. They can't have war mode off and you can camp them into oblivion. Players can police themselves, which they can't do on the PVE Server with warmode off.

I also have no problem being on the smaller faction.

You are also comparing apples to oranges in bad faith. This has nothing to do with "fresh". This has to do with a real pvp server and one that simply doesn't work. War mode being opt in and non war mode players being allowed to attack war mode players completely breaks pvp. The fact you don't understand that shows just how bad a player you are at pvp.

Classes that rely on stealth openers like druid, rogue are completely useless on the PVE Server in wpvp. Classes like warlock who can't just blink or trinket a hammer of justice (they have no stun outs) that is then followed up by a shadow reflector are severely handicapped on the pve server.

There is a reason most people roll paladins and hunters. War mode is broken. Why would anyone roll a horde warlock if they like pvp when they can have a cc chain/immunity of like 20+ seconds with a hoj, reflector, bubble repent grenade if they are war mode flagged? I say this as someone who doesn't even like playing warlock. I can understand that the class is broken though under war mode. Only a masochist would play one. Entire classes don't even work on the pve server, which is why you have such a population problem/class representation problem as far as pvp players to begin with.

Enjoy the pve server. We aren't lost players, we are the good pvp players who understand the game and never even hit 60 because there was no point. We are currently bored on Era Whitemane and we are bored because we have naxx gear killing people in a few hits. A lot of us also don't want to support creatively bankrupt Blizzard, would rather support Turtle WoW and until now we didn't have a real option.

Shockweek

Post by Shockweek » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:06 pm

Bellybutton wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:53 pm
Shockweek wrote:
Blaut wrote:

Posts like these highlight why catering to the PvP crowd by adding a PvP server can only be a bad thing for the community.
In what way? We won't be on your server. We also were never catered to. We asked for warmode (see posts going back a year or more) to only allow other warmode players to engage with them. YOU, the PVE community fought against that. You were catered to. Now they are making a completely separate server for us to play on, while you keep a flawed war mode so that level 60's can risk nothing (pvp flag wears off) while camping lowbies.

In what way is the pvp community who never even hit 60 here being catered to? We aren't lost players, we are players who saw that warmode was broken, that PVE players were catered to and moved on. We didn't donate, we didn't continue playing, we simply left.

What do you lose as a PVE player by there being a PVP server? I lose nothing by there being a PVE server. I don't want to play with people like you and I don't. WoW always had pve and pvp servers. Want to go back to before that and you had Ultima Online. Want to bring that back? Fine with me. PVP players will feast on the sheep like wolves, just like we did back then. Bring back looting corpses like that game had to. It will never happen again though because once Everquest gave pve players the option to OPT OUT, you never engaged in wpvp again. It's why the fear mongering that the PVE server will die is so stupid.

YOU have been catered to and are still playing the victim. YOU have had nothing taken away from you and are still playing the victim. YOU want to claim good pvp players are here when we are currently limited to a premade wsg/duel realms and whitemane classic era on US and whatever hub there is in EU.

PvP players finally get an option and you throw a fit based on flawed logic and examples. As I said delusional, mentally ill and or sociopaths mad there will be less lowbies with war mode on to harass while facing no justice or policing from other level 60's.

Turtle will be better off without you.

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:48 pm

Shockweek wrote:

In what way? We won't be on your server. We also were never catered to. We asked for warmode (see posts going back a year or more) to only allow other warmode players to engage with them. YOU, the PVE community fought against that. You were catered to. Now they are making a completely separate server for us to play on, while you keep a flawed war mode so that level 60's can risk nothing (pvp flag wears off) while camping lowbies.

In what way is the pvp community who never even hit 60 here being catered to? We aren't lost players, we are players who saw that warmode was broken, that PVE players were catered to and moved on. We didn't donate, we didn't continue playing, we simply left.

What do you lose as a PVE player by there being a PVP server? I lose nothing by there being a PVE server. I don't want to play with people like you and I don't. WoW always had pve and pvp servers. Want to go back to before that and you had Ultima Online. Want to bring that back? Fine with me. PVP players will feast on the sheep like wolves, just like we did back then. Bring back looting corpses like that game had to. It will never happen again though because once Everquest gave pve players the option to OPT OUT, you never engaged in wpvp again. It's why the fear mongering that the PVE server will die is so stupid.

YOU have been catered to and are still playing the victim. YOU have had nothing taken away from you and are still playing the victim. YOU want to claim good pvp players are here when we are currently limited to a premade wsg/duel realms and whitemane classic era on US and whatever hub there is in EU.

PvP players finally get an option and you throw a fit based on flawed logic and examples. As I said delusional, mentally ill and or sociopaths mad there will be less lowbies with war mode on to harass while facing no justice or policing from other level 60's.

I assume from your post that you're not familiar with private servers in general or their history because you keep on referring to official Classic rather than naming private servers, but the reason that the PvE server will die has nothing to do with it being a PvE server or the new server being a PvP server, and most of your post has nothing to do with what I'm talking about, I was saying that catering to people like you will just invite hordes of toxicity onto the forums similar to how when Warmode was first added since WoW's PvP playerbase has an extremely different attitude compared to the original community that Turtle fostered.

The cycle on Private servers was that time and time again, no matter the server, the moment that there's a promising/high quality fresh server announced, there's always a mass exodus of players from older servers to the newer servers, effectively rendering older servers as ghost towns. Turtle for the last three years had repeatedly put their foot down in forum posts and discord posts that they WON'T create a second server (I'm only excusing the Chinese servers because they were necessary) as creating a second server would destroy Turtle's original vision of having one home for everybody to play on. Something that you could come back to in years and your character will still be relevant, the server will still be populated, and everybody playing the game is playing on the same server as you. Whenever other servers tried opening up multiple servers (ran by the same team), the main realm always DIED. Newer, less established players move onto the new server, waves of players who didn't play on the old server choose to come to the new server because it's fresh, and the only people that log onto the old server are 60s raid logging at that point. Turtle's literally addressed these issues in the past and that was why they said they wouldn't create other servers.

Turtle fulfilled the niche of being the ONLY popular PvE private server. Turtle's shot down suggestions of becoming a PvP server, or creating a PvP server despite a high demand because other servers exist to fulfill that niche. Creating another server, regardless of it being a PvP server, is a slap in the face to people who expected theirs and other players' experience to be secure and consistent and in one world.
Zamba the Unruly
"Zamba be sensing the winds of change in da air. Can you be feeling it too, mon?"

Tendies

Post by Tendies » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:58 pm

Dude you are not a PvP'er.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:04 pm

Bellybutton wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:48 pm
Shockweek wrote:

I assume from your post that you're not familiar with private servers in general or their history because you keep on referring to official Classic rather than naming private servers, but the reason that the PvE server will die has nothing to do with it being a PvE server or the new server being a PvP server, and most of your post has nothing to do with what I'm talking about, I was saying that catering to people like you will just invite hordes of toxicity onto the forums similar to how when Warmode was first added since WoW's PvP playerbase has an extremely different attitude compared to the original community that Turtle fostered.

The cycle on Private servers was that time and time again, no matter the server, the moment that there's a promising/high quality fresh server announced, there's always a mass exodus of players from older servers to the newer servers, effectively rendering older servers as ghost towns. Turtle for the last three years had repeatedly put their foot down in forum posts and discord posts that they WON'T create a second server (I'm only excusing the Chinese servers because they were necessary) as creating a second server would destroy Turtle's original vision of having one home for everybody to play on. Something that you could come back to in years and your character will still be relevant, the server will still be populated, and everybody playing the game is playing on the same server as you. Whenever other servers tried opening up multiple servers (ran by the same team), the main realm always DIED. Newer, less established players move onto the new server, waves of players who didn't play on the old server choose to come to the new server because it's fresh, and the only people that log onto the old server are 60s raid logging at that point. Turtle's literally addressed these issues in the past and that was why they said they wouldn't create other servers.

Turtle fulfilled the niche of being the ONLY popular PvE private server. Turtle's shot down suggestions of becoming a PvP server, or creating a PvP server despite a high demand because other servers exist to fulfill that niche. Creating another server, regardless of it being a PvP server, is a slap in the face to people who expected theirs and other players' experience to be secure and consistent and in one world.
Give this man a round of applause. Everything he's put here is correct. I couldn't have said it better myself. This is why the OG players feel betrayed and yes, spat on by the Devs. Because our old characters will become obsolete because all the new players will flock to the fresh realm and resources will be split. Thanks for killing one of the only decent private servers phut there for long term persistent world. What a shame.

Feetlover444

Post by Feetlover444 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:51 pm

Jammyxx wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:04 pm
Bellybutton wrote:
Shockweek wrote:

Give this man a round of applause. Everything he's put here is correct. I couldn't have said it better myself. This is why the OG players feel betrayed and yes, spat on by the Devs. Because our old characters will become obsolete because all the new players will flock to the fresh realm and resources will be split. Thanks for killing one of the only decent private servers phut there for long term persistent world. What a shame.

An applause for what? What right do pvers have to withold pvpers from enjoying turtle wow in the way they want, you argue that the pvp server will pull everyone away thus you're saying that no one actually wants to play on your rp-pve server and the only reason they do so is because they have no alternative? LOL

I leveled to 45 on turtle wow started a few weeks ago I didnt mind that the server was pve until I tried to queue for bg's and noticed it took me over 2 hours to get a pop once in wsg was 4v4. After I heard end game isn'y much different thus I would had probably quit as soon as I hit 60.

My only joy is pvp and forcing me and a bunch of others like me to play on your pve server where 99% of the playerbase is reluclant to do anything pvp and even flatout curse you out for liking it is nothing but hilarious.

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:55 pm

Feetlover444 wrote: An applause for what? What right do pvers have to withold pvpers from enjoying turtle wow in the way they want, you argue that the pvp server will pull everyone away thus you're saying that no one actually wants to play on your rp-pve server and the only reason they do so is because they have no alternative? LOL

I leveled to 45 on turtle wow started a few weeks ago I didnt mind that the server was pve until I tried to queue for bg's and noticed it took me over 2 hours to get a pop once in wsg was 4v4. After I heard end game isn'y much different thus I would had probably quit as soon as I hit 60.

My only joy is pvp and forcing me and a bunch of others like me to play on your pve server where 99% of the playerbase is reluclant to do anything pvp and even flatout curse you out for liking it is nothing but hilarious.
Nobody is FORCING you to play on this PvE server. If your only joy from WoW is PvP, there's plenty PvP-focused private servers with populations in the thousands. It shouldn't matter if you roll on a PvP vanilla server; It's not like you'd be missing out content you'd enjoy, since 99% of the content Turtle WoW adds to the game is PvE focused to begin with. You chose to play here, you weren't forced or coerced into anything.
Zamba the Unruly

Eclipsetimm

Post by Eclipsetimm » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:58 pm

Feetlover444 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:51 pm
Jammyxx wrote:
Bellybutton wrote:

An applause for what? What right do pvers have to withold pvpers from enjoying turtle wow in the way they want, you argue that the pvp server will pull everyone away thus you're saying that no one actually wants to play on your rp-pve server and the only reason they do so is because they have no alternative? LOL

Yea the que for bgs were long. Half the time it said the bg would close due to lack of players but thankfully the few times i did do a bg enough players came in. Had lots of fun actually even though were were up against alliance twinks and their slew of hunters.

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:59 pm

Harkus wrote:
half the players will whine for new fresh once the first warrior has BRE

Charanko
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Charanko » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:01 pm

Bellybutton wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:55 pm
Feetlover444 wrote: An applause for what? What right do pvers have to withold pvpers from enjoying turtle wow in the way they want, you argue that the pvp server will pull everyone away thus you're saying that no one actually wants to play on your rp-pve server and the only reason they do so is because they have no alternative? LOL

Nobody is FORCING you to play on this PvE server. If your only joy from WoW is PvP, there's plenty PvP-focused private servers with populations in the thousands. It shouldn't matter if you roll on a PvP vanilla server; It's not like you'd be missing out content you'd enjoy, since 99% of the content Turtle WoW adds to the game is PvE focused to begin with. You chose to play here, you weren't forced or coerced into anything.
Thats why he will play on pvp and you will play on pve :)) and we will all be happy
Orky
Overlord of Orgrimmar ; Sulfuron Champion

Karico

Post by Karico » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:03 pm

so excited for a pvp server

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:14 pm

Karico wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:03 pm
so excited for a pvp server
See you there, day one ;)
Orky

Shockweek

Post by Shockweek » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:27 pm

Feetlover444 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:51 pm
Jammyxx wrote:
Bellybutton wrote:

As I said they are mentally ill. Miserable, mentally ill people are only happy if others are as miserable as them. The same goes for everything in life. They see people happy with say Star Wars or comic cook movies or whatever and they hijack them. You being miserable is the only happiness they have. It's like Johnny Ringo in Tombstone. They have a hole they can never fill. They are mad at simply being born. They claim "toxicity" on the forums from pvp players when they are sitting here attacking the developers, replied to my post calling me bad before I said anything.

I would tell them to look in the mirror but it would do no good. They are simply mentally ill and I hope they seek out the help they need.

Feetlover444

Post by Feetlover444 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:31 pm

Bellybutton wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:55 pm

You and your clique are trying to force pve on us by actively crying about the new server being pvp.
None of at least not me and the people I know cried about anything nor did we demand anything.

Torta simply stated they will launch a pvp server and people like me were rejoiced about it.

And no simply not true not every private server is the same lol.

Turtle wow is different in many aspects and on top of that they also have a extremely competent dev team. Those things lure in players.

If you want to pve fine do it in your server, but leave us pvpers alone on ours :)

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:44 pm

Feetlover444 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:31 pm
You and your clique are trying to force pve on us by actively crying about the new server being pvp.
None of at least not me and the people I know cried about anything nor did we demand anything.

Torta simply stated they will launch a pvp server and people like me were rejoiced about it.

Turtle wow is different in many aspects and on top of that they also have a extremely competent dev team. Those things lure in players.

If you want to pve fine do it in your server, but leave us pvpers alone on ours :)
You have plenty of competently run PvP servers to PvP on. Turtle is the only reasonably large PvE server. Nobody is forcing PvE onto you. Turtle has not removed World PvP. Turtle has not disabled battlegrounds. Turtle has not disabled dueling.

The issue is less of the fact that Turtle's opening a PvP server but the fact that Turtle's opening a second European server at all. I, and many players, would still rightfully complain even if new server was just a second PvE server for the points I already expressed earlier in this thread on the first page. Being a PvP server is mostly irrelevant to the main issue, but it still brings the issue of a completely different-minded playerbase from the community that already exists on Turtle WoW coming to the forums. This was seen also when Turtle originally added Warmode to attract PvPers, a huge increase in PvP drama, toxicity and bickering that otherwise was never on the forums before that point. A good example is the OP of this thread who cannot go more than one post without throwing insults at people and appealing to emotion because people don't agree with him, and accusing anybody of not agreeing with him as being a "bad pvper"/"lowbie ganker" rather than actually responding to valid concerns and points brought up by people who've been on this server for years rather than the handful of weeks he's probably been here.
Zamba the Unruly

Feetlover444

Post by Feetlover444 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:02 pm

Bellybutton wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:44 pm
Feetlover444 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:31 pm

You have plenty of competently run PvP servers to PvP on. Turtle is the only reasonably large PvE server. Nobody is forcing PvE onto you. Turtle has not removed World PvP. Turtle has not disabled battlegrounds. Turtle has not disabled dueling.

The issue is less of the fact that Turtle's opening a PvP server but the fact that Turtle's opening a second European server at all. I, and many players, would still rightfully complain even if new server was just a second PvE server for the points I already expressed earlier in this thread on the first page. Being a PvP server is mostly irrelevant to the main issue, but it still brings the issue of a completely different-minded playerbase from the community that already exists on Turtle WoW coming to the forums. This was seen also when Turtle originally added Warmode to attract PvPers, a huge increase in PvP drama, toxicity and bickering that otherwise was never on the forums before that point. A good example is the OP of this thread who cannot go more than one post without throwing insults at people and appealing to emotion because people don't agree with him, and accusing anybody of not agreeing with him as being a "bad pvper"/"lowbie ganker" rather than actually responding to valid concerns and points brought up by people who've been on this server for years rather than the handful of weeks he's probably been here.

insidious_turtle You're crying about it attracting a different community, I do not care about that infact I dont even like most of the community on your pve server they are all bitter shut you down and are overal horrendous to talk to!

The thing is the new community being pvp minded I would much rather enjoy talking with, engaging talks about rotations, counters, positioning, duels etc.
This community will be far away from you on an entirely different server, you will not have to deal with them so you're making an issue out of a literal nothingburger.

As I'm a fairly new player I don't really care what turtle wow stood for 5 years ago, games change and devs need to adapt. Having one single server for a shitton of players is neigh impossible, one way or another they would had to eventually add another server out of neccesity.

The world doesn't revolve around you and your veteran friends, open up to new players or stay standing in the corner with your group I don't care tbh, just leave us alone.

Shockweek

Post by Shockweek » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:03 pm

Ghola wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:59 pm
Harkus wrote:
half the players will whine for new fresh once the first warrior has BRE
Not even close. PVP players only want fresh in late AQ progression and Naxx and I will explain why below. It's also a problem Turtle WoW could easily fix because it is Classic + and not Classic that is static and can't change.

PvP fails in AQ and Naxx because health pools don't keep up with damage and because simpler specs make harder specs pointless. I can use the example here of the Misplaced Servo Arm which can be farmed easily from trash mobs in Naxx by alt mage accounts for a rogue main. That weapon his so hard with hemo spec, that it makes the challenge and reward of backstab positioning specs completely pointless. Damage with that spec also scales so stupidly compared to health that rogue vs rogue is completely trivialized. Look at the damage difference of the Servo Arm and tier 2 one handed swords/mages and Tier 1 Perdition's blade and the AQ dagger and Kingsfall. See the problem?

Tier 2/Warlord damage and health pools should be the goal and target for dmg and health. It's when every class is pretty good and everything just kind of works.

That's all you need to prevent the PvP crowd from rolling or wanting "fresh" and you could put that gear in new raids and instances or updated pvp gear.

Fresh in late AQ and Naxx will always be a thing with WoW PVP until this is addressed and it never needed to be addressed in real vanilla WoW because so few people had AQ let alone Naxx Gear before TBC came out. Most people were sitting at or below tier 2 values in real vanilla wow.

Naxx Gear was never balanced because it didn't need to be. It was something few people would ever see. This isn't 2004-2007 and you don't have the limited timeframe to get that gear now and literally anyone can clear Naxx now. It's not apples to apples and it no longer works when me and a buddy can roll a mage alt on another account and press our s key blizzarding to get a weapon that breaks pvp for rogue mains.

You seem to be under the illusion that everyone wants to level again. We don't. I would much rather have tier 2 values post naxx than level 1-60 again. I would much rather be leveling alts than leveling a couple "mains" over and over again. At most you can manage a main, a relatively geared alt and still have a life with constant fresh rerolls/pvp ranking and I would argue pvp ranking is so bad in vanilla that one character is too much to gear and still have a life.

The 500k max honor change Blizzard made might be the first sane/good thing they have done to be honest. That is still a 40 hour a week commitment and there are even a few whackos complaining about that lol. As I said some people are just mentally ill.

So is wanting fresh a thing for pvp players? Sure. Does it happen until late game? Nope. Is there a reason it can't be fixed on Classic +? None. Tier 2/Warlord dmg and health values are pretty easy to mimic. Blizzard didn't bother because they took the easy/lazy option of TBC.

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:18 pm

Feetlover444 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:02 pm
insidious_turtle You're crying about it attracting a different community, I do not care about that infact I dont even like most of the community on your pve server they are all bitter shut you down and are overal horrendous to talk to!

The thing is the new community being pvp minded I would much rather enjoy talking with, engaging talks about rotations, counters, positioning, duels etc.
This community will be far away from you on an entirely different server, you will not have to deal with them so you're making an issue out of a literal nothingburger.

As I'm a fairly new player I don't really care what turtle wow stood for 5 years ago, games change and devs need to adapt. Having one single server for a shitton of players is neigh impossible, one way or another they would had to eventually add another server out of neccesity.

The world doesn't revolve around you and your veteran friends, open up to new players or stay standing in the corner with your group I don't care tbh, just leave us alone.
I'm """crying""" (as you put it) about it attracting a community that many people rolled onto Turtle over the last few years to get away from. Why did you even remotely come here in the first place if you dislike the community and dislike PvE-focused servers? You've clearly been here way before the PvP server's been announced.

Change is in fact a good thing and Turtle WoW's changed a lot all the time. Turtle's never been a stagnant server but the team's consistently put their foot down for years saying that certain things will never happen because it would ruin the identity of the server, and a second European server, and a PvP server/focusing on PvP, were one of these things Turtle's repeatedly said for years that they would not do and told people looking for these things to go elsewhere. Change can be a great thing, an in fact constantly changing is what makes Turtle so refreshing to come back to after a few months break, but certain changes aren't always a good thing and changes can bring negative long-term consequences to the server and it's community. You want change. I want change. Everybody on both sides of the argument want things to change since the current predicament in Turtle is not sustainable and borderline unplayable. There are/were so many different ways Turtle could have enacted change for the better, but much of their changes they have announced in the last few days are a complete slap in the face for what the server's stood for. Turtle's changing to appeal to, and draw in a crowd that doesn't largely play the server yet, when in the past, Turtle's major changes were made with the already existing community who plays the server in mind, and the people Turtle's trying to draw in are the same people that a lot of the playerbase don't want anything to do with. It has little do with PvP mechanics; I'm a PvPer. I've played in an active RP-PvP on this server for the last two to three years. I don't do PvE unless it's to become BiS and I spend most of my time in-game roleplaying and PvPing, even before Turtle added warmode. The issue comes from the fact that players on PvP servers behave very differently from players on PvE servers, including interacting with their own faction, and also the fact that, as explained earlier in this thread, the constant trend on private servers that has never been broken, is the cycle of older servers DYING whenever a competent fresh server is launched, since everybody wants to play at an equal level; Turtle is not unique in this regard and opening up a Fresh server, regardless if it's PvP or PvE, will draw most of the population away from the main realm and leave only raid logging 60s who log in once or twice a week, or hardcores who don't want to get ganked on a PvP server.

Also quite ironic that you come to our doorstep and tell us to leave YOU alone.
Zamba the Unruly

Feetlover444

Post by Feetlover444 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:29 pm

Bellybutton wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:18 pm
Feetlover444 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:02 pm

I'm """crying""" (as you put it) about it attracting a community that many people rolled onto Turtle over the last few years to get away from. Why did you even remotely come here in the first place if you dislike the community and dislike PvE-focused servers? You've clearly been here way before the PvP server's been announced.

Change is in fact a good thing and Turtle WoW's changed a lot all the time. Turtle's never been a stagnant server but the team's consistently put their foot down for years saying that certain things will never happen because it would ruin the identity of the server, and a second European server, and a PvP server/focusing on PvP, were one of these things Turtle's repeatedly said for years that they would not do and told people looking for these things to go elsewhere. Change can be a great thing, an in fact constantly changing is what makes Turtle so refreshing to come back to after a few months break, but certain changes aren't always a good thing and changes can bring negative long-term consequences to the server and it's community. You want change. I want change. Everybody on both sides of the argument want things to change since the current predicament in Turtle is not sustainable and borderline unplayable. There are/were so many different ways Turtle could have enacted change for the better, but much of their changes they have announced in the last few days are a complete slap in the face for what the server's stood for. Turtle's changing to appeal to, and draw in a crowd that doesn't largely play the server yet, when in the past, Turtle's major changes were made with the already existing community who plays the server in mind, and the people Turtle's trying to draw in are the same people that a lot of the playerbase don't want anything to do with. It has little do with PvP mechanics; I'm a PvPer. I've played in an active RP-PvP on this server for the last two to three years. I don't do PvE unless it's to become BiS and I spend most of my time in-game roleplaying and PvPing, even before Turtle added warmode. The issue comes from the fact that players on PvP servers behave very differently from players on PvE servers, including interacting with their own faction, and also the fact that, as explained earlier in this thread, the constant trend on private servers that has never been broken, is the cycle of older servers DYING whenever a competent fresh server is launched, since everybody wants to play at an equal level; Turtle is not unique in this regard and opening up a Fresh server, regardless if it's PvP or PvE, will draw most of the population away from the main realm and leave only raid logging 60s who log in once or twice a week, or hardcores who don't want to get ganked on a PvP server.

Also quite ironic that you come to our doorstep and tell us to leave YOU alone.
You're making a whole lot of assumptions, you act like you know it all yet most of your assumptions are nothing but air, if everyone wants to leave the main realm let them, if they hate pvp they will eventually go back out of sheer frustration if they love pvp they will stay simple as.

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:04 pm

Feetlover444 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:29 pm
You're making a whole lot of assumptions, you act like you know it all yet most of your assumptions are nothing but air, if everyone wants to leave the main realm let them, if they hate pvp they will eventually go back out of sheer frustration if they love pvp they will stay simple as.
My """assumptions""" are built upon the fact that I've been playing on Private Servers for close to 15 years, but if you want to explain how Turtle will be the magical exception to the FRESH cycle, be my guest.
Zamba the Unruly

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:29 pm

Bellybutton wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:04 pm
Feetlover444 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:29 pm
My """assumptions""" are built upon the fact that I've been playing on Private Servers for close to 15 years, but if you want to explain how Turtle will be the magical exception to the FRESH cycle, be my guest.
Yet one of the best vanilla experience i ever had were on kronos1 a pvp server… its not about the 3 letters in front of the server its about the community… but as it stands the pve boys here on the forums are some very very bitter people…
Even zamba says changes are comming 🤣
Orky

Allwynd01
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:16 pm

Turtle WoW should have never had PvP to begin with. When it started it was just PvE and x0.5 XP rate. It had 150 players and it was more fun than it is now when it's full of human trailer trash.

If they maintained their ideas, the server would have still been a niche. But they became greedy and wanted all the players they can get so now we're in this unplayable mess where the server is infested by the Chinese, there are queues of over 5000 players, people can't play anymore, they have to use remote software to login 5 hours prior while still at work.

It just isn't the same anymore.

Once again my point is proven - every game that is online-only, like a live service, at first starts great, but then it becomes ruined by its developers which makes it unplayable and people don't want to play it anymore and it dies.

I'm sad to say, but Turtle WoW will die because of its fame. Very soon. People will start leaving and going to play other servers or different MMORPGs and the only ones still playing will be human trailer trash and Chinese, while all the original veteran players will be long gone and the spirit of Turtle WoW will be dead, because human trailer trash don't have souls.