New realms for Asia and Europe, coming soon!

Bender08

Re: New realms for Asia and Europe, coming soon!

Post by Bender08 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:39 am

Again, please consider about this, new Asia realms is mostly for china players, please put the host located to Vladivostok, because it's closer to china

Geojak
Has liked: 14 times

Post by Geojak » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:45 am

Unless the new eu realm is hc only international then I also think a new eu realm is too early. Non Chinese, English players can't even cap any server. Wait for hanzi ban, wait for transfer before opening a regular eu server. Otherwise you just spread us thin between even more non English speakers.

Bender08

Post by Bender08 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:56 am

Kremmen wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:24 am
Bender08 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:50 am
Whalemilk wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:10 am
The problem with Chinese gaming is that there mindset is different. They tend to be okay with pay-to-win and gold selling. That and the fact we can't communicate is very frustrating.

If TurtleWoW can block Chinese access and maybe provide some form of pay-to-win on their servers... I'm sure EU servers will be good to go.

Plus TurtleWoW could make a pretty penny on some form of pay-to-win on the SEA servers.
Its not true, china players hate RMT either.
It's more like a relative minority of them hates RMT and chooses to play on European servers to escape it, but what happens when the majority who doesn't care about the integrity of the game follows them over? Look at the help & support forum after a banwave for your answer; you'll find post after post made by genuinely confused Chinese players asking why their account was "frozen".
As you know, china has huge population, so as the china players, believe me, most of them are RMT and gold studios haters, they may just not use forums, it doesn't mean that they dont contribute in game.

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:30 am

Jammyxx wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:44 pm
Skumbanana wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:27 pm
Skumbanana wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:28 pm
Honest question: why were new account registrations permitted in the new SEA servers? Why not just limit the SEA servers in the first few days/weeks to transfers from EU server? All of this is beyond my understanding, truly
A member of your team in Discord replied this wouldn't work because new players would just register on the EU server. Well, instead of creating more servers, why not close new account registrations all together (EU and SEA) for a few days or weeks, while server population stabilizes via transfers? I don't want to sound self-entitled, you doing great work, but I'm just trying to understand the reasoning behind this. Why allow new accounts while you can't even provide to the existing ones?... dead_turtle_head
More money from donations. Greed is the end of most good things.
Indeed, I'm starting to believe this is the case. There's no good argument against locking new accounts for a couple of days AT LEAST. "Welcoming everyone" sounds like a huge smokescreen for quick cash-in. I hope this is not the end of TWoW... scared_turtle_head
Last edited by Skumbanana on Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:26 am

They've mentioned the new server will be 'no transfers' so that means it won't be a HC one where HC on the main server can transfer or load relief for the original server... Sounds like another cash grab advertising a 'fresh' server will bring more and more people that you already can't handle.... How fu*king stupid.

Who is coming up with these ideas? The same people behind the Paladin changes I bet.

Valk0906

Post by Valk0906 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:36 am

Why admin dont expand the SEA/RU realm??
sea realm only accommodate 4000 people
more realm means no police against RMT

Anadrol

Post by Anadrol » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:38 am

There are too many of them, before them our EU server was 10/10, it's not their fault, there are simply too many, but it has been proven that it is incompatible both at the level of communication and game philosophy. The gaming experience of your loyal players (before them) is getting worse and worse, the solution is not another EU kingdom (Which is just going to be another Chinese server) but BLOCK CHINESE PLAYERS ON THE EU SERVER and As a result, you opened enough Chinese kingdoms to contain its massive population. We Europeans/Americans have been enduring this situation for many weeks now that is getting worse and when it seemed that a solution was coming... Nothing has been solved. Please Tortuga, the most logical thing is not to be able to access our server without VPN, we are the ones who have supported you the most and the ones who are suffering from this the most.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:42 am

Anadrol wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:38 am
There are too many of them, before them our EU server was 10/10, it's not their fault, there are simply too many, but it has been proven that it is incompatible both at the level of communication and game philosophy. The gaming experience of your loyal players (before them) is getting worse and worse, the solution is not another EU kingdom (Which is just going to be another Chinese server) but BLOCK CHINESE PLAYERS ON THE EU SERVER and As a result, you opened enough Chinese kingdoms to contain its massive population. We Europeans/Americans have been enduring this situation for many weeks now that is getting worse and when it seemed that a solution was coming... Nothing has been solved. Please Tortuga, the most logical thing is not to be able to access our server without VPN, we are the ones who have supported you the most and the ones who are suffering from this the most.
Exactly mate, but Unfortuantly for us the Devs think opening a new EU realm is the solution (lol) absolutely dumbass idea imo. Splitting the 30% population of EU/Na.... Oh I forget it's all just a cash grab now. And theyre claiming Chinese can't donate (lol) when we've seen them on Spectral tiger 200 dollar mounts.

Tutayanova

Post by Tutayanova » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:46 am

Just change turtle in logo to Winnie. Winnie WoW. There will be no more misunderstandings

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:57 am

This isn't turtle Wow anymore it's just a CashCow

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:58 am

Here is the master plan.
1. Open all transfer from EU to sea servers NOW, all levels
2. Bann hanzi globally on eu server NOW, Bann Chinese local emulator, mean no Chinese ui, no Chinese quest Text and no []
3. Make account Creaton on eu server require a discord account on twow discord NOW, discord is blocked by Chinese firewall and would mean you need vpn to register on eu for Chinese. They are supposed to play on sea anyway.
4. Open as fast as possible eu based International hc server with free transfer option for all hc chars from all severs and free transfer option away at lvl 60 back to normal servers. remove hc start npcs from normal servers.
5. Make more Asien servers as needed but no eu server yet, we aren't at cap without Chinese that we acutally want to move off

6. Lastly pls don't open any pvp servers, becuase eventually alliance just dies out from constant ganks. Instead generally change pvp faction flag to ffa black flag like in stv arena .this would make way more sense on a crossfaction Server. We could have proper raid vs raid, group vs ganker fights instead of grieving we got now with crossfaction healing. No need to make battlegrounds crossfacfion, just blood ring and World pvp. Guards sjoild react like in booty Bay when a human murders another human with pvp on.
Last edited by Geojak on Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:01 pm

How is a new EU based server going to help? The que times every day are over by the time it's midnight in China. Clearly indicating that the lion's share of the surge in demand is coming from Asia.

What needs to happen is the asia Servers need to be setup to handle the volumes coming from these regions. In fact, if you purposely increase the capacity on the asia servers first, you give people a motivation to transfer to these servers. Naturally lowering the pop on the main english server to more reasonable lvls.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:07 pm

Kairion wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:01 pm
How is a new EU based server going to help? The que times every day are over by the time it's midnight in China. Clearly indicating that the lion's share of the surge in demand is coming from Asia.

What needs to happen is the asia Servers need to be setup to handle the volumes coming from these regions. In fact, if you purposely increase the capacity on the asia servers first, you give people a motivation to transfer to these servers. Naturally lowering the pop on the main english server to more reasonable lvls.
That's what everyone is saying, literally everyone agrees apart from the Devs... The EU Realm at EU Peak is 7-8k when China start logging off.

One starts to think the Devs have an ulterior motive *cough* cash shop.

This new EU Realm makes absolute no sense,,, They're advertising it as a fresh to bring even more players in! This is INSANITY

Yidhra

Post by Yidhra » Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:52 pm

It has become blatantly clear that TurtleWoW cannot appease and support every Eastern player that wants to play here. Even if you opened 10+ realms, it wouldn't matter.

You're at a point of no return. Since you cannot please everyone, what are you going to do? Deal with endless bickering and possible harassment from the East and West at the same time because no one is happy with the state of things? Surely you are not happy with the state of things. You tried to come from a place of innocence, not wanting to stop people from playing on your project. It's a fun project and more players is good, usually. You wouldn't want to stop someone from having fun.

But now, it's become too much. Nearly nobody is having fun. There's too many players, especially on a 1.12 client that can barely support 8,000 concurrent connections, and that's with issues starting to creep in.

More realms are not the answer, you don't have enough staff to support them, and why would the current staff want to spread themselves so thin for a passion project or something they picked up to help volunteer for and have fun?

I'm genuinely interested in the future of this once incredibly comfy and fun private server.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:02 pm

Should have gone the unpopular route.
1 eu server (with no Chinese local emulator allowed)
1-2 Chinese server
Maybe 1 hc server too.
And any further problems solved by payed priory queue. (8k pop cap but payers can bypass up to 13k online before sitting in queue too)

This way, staff wouldn't be overloaded a d costs rly stressed and able to manage the 2 servers well. You could focus on your passion Instead of opening who knows how many proffesional Chinese gold farmer dominated server that can't be policed.

TWoW woild still make tons of money from prio qeuue sales but you wouldn't have to go trough all of this stress. I know I wouldn't want to.

More servers are not the solution to a passion project. If you can't meet demand, raise prices

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:17 pm

Geojak wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:58 am
Here is the master plan.
1. Open all transfer from EU to sea servers NOW, all levels
2. Bann hanzi globally on eu server NOW, Bann Chinese local emulator, mean no Chinese ui, no Chinese quest Text and no []
3. Make account Creaton on eu server require a discord account on twow discord NOW, discord is blocked by Chinese firewall and would mean you need vpn to register on eu for Chinese. They are supposed to play on sea anyway.
4. Open as fast as possible eu based International hc server with free transfer option for all hc chars from all severs and free transfer option away at lvl 60 back to normal servers. remove hc start npcs from normal servers.
5. Make more Asien servers as needed but no eu server yet, we aren't at cap without Chinese that we acutally want to move off

6. Lastly pls don't open any pvp servers, becuase eventually alliance just dies out from constant ganks. Instead generally change pvp faction flag to ffa black flag like in stv arena .this would make way more sense on a crossfaction Server. We could have proper raid vs raid, group vs ganker fights instead of grieving we got now with crossfaction healing. No need to make battlegrounds crossfacfion, just blood ring and World pvp. Guards sjoild react like in booty Bay when a human murders another human with pvp on.
Hard agree. Very good points.
I also wanna add that opening a new eu server will not only attract chinese but many many new players and likely its gonna get worse on both realms, not mention if its a pvp server then double the amount.

Redbeard1115

Post by Redbeard1115 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:49 pm

Cool and all, but I still don’t believe this will resolve the OG que issue. How is it that this realm is max capacity yet I’m sitting here in a 30min que for wailing caverns… make it make sense. And there is only a total of 9 of us in que

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:57 pm

Redbeard1115 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:49 pm
Cool and all, but I still don’t believe this will resolve the OG que issue. How is it that this realm is max capacity yet I’m sitting here in a 30min que for wailing caverns… make it make sense. And there is only a total of 9 of us in que
Once you've had a few groupmembers who need on every item or don't communicate you know why people don't use the LFT addon and rather ask in their friends circle for dungeons or wisper people directly. These issues are actually related - In big communities people form smaller cliques

Evilor

Post by Evilor » Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:19 pm

Hello, first of all I wanna tell you how much I LOVE this project.
PLEASE make a PVP realm, I would NEVER stop playing that realm.

Osstan

Post by Osstan » Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:36 pm

The more people, the better

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:02 pm

Osstan wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:36 pm
Hahaha no. This sever was way better half a ywar ago with no queue and no Chinese majority

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:16 pm

Devs: We will make a new European Realm!
European Realm Population: 30% European/NA 70% Chinese.

Am I missing something here? What will this acheive? Im so confused.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:25 pm

Close EU servers for 2 weeks while SEA servers are open for transfers.

Smoke em out. Play the long game.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:31 pm

Delete this thread and rethink your decision about a Europe realm which is totally unnecessary and harmful.

Evilor

Post by Evilor » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:36 pm

Jammyxx wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:31 pm
Delete this thread and rethink your decision about a Europe realm which is totally unnecessary and harmful.
Why? We clearly need a second EU server, all weebservs = full aswell.

Newbeeplus

Post by Newbeeplus » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:36 pm

Bender08 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:50 am
Whalemilk wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:10 am
The problem with Chinese gaming is that there mindset is different. They tend to be okay with pay-to-win and gold selling. That and the fact we can't communicate is very frustrating.

If TurtleWoW can block Chinese access and maybe provide some form of pay-to-win on their servers... I'm sure EU servers will be good to go.

Plus TurtleWoW could make a pretty penny on some form of pay-to-win on the SEA servers.
Its not true, china players hate RMT either.
I quite agree with you,yeah i'm from china.
Yeah, please open Alipay/WeChat Pay payment Method, for more and more servers.
Last edited by Newbeeplus on Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Osstan

Post by Osstan » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:52 pm

Geojak wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:02 pm
Osstan wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:36 pm
Hahaha no. This sever was way better half a ywar ago with no queue and no Chinese majority
give the administration time, they have never encountered this

Ellisiumwow

Post by Ellisiumwow » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:24 pm

Wooo fresh EU server is what i need thats awesome news

Renbelde

Post by Renbelde » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:12 am

I think that before making any other important decisions, you should do what you had promised, which is the ban of Hanzi on the EU server

Er12

Post by Er12 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:19 am

Idontcareatall wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:47 pm
People have told you weeks/months in advance what would happen. I have nothing against SEA/Chinese people, but the game is unplayable as of now for the EU base, and has been for weeks now.

Opening new servers without enforcing a location restriction will just keep filling up the newer servers with more Chinese/SEA players.

I mean, sure, there are VPN and everything, but realistically, thousands of SEA/Chinese people won't be getting a VPN just to play TurtleWoW on EU servers.

Dunno what game you're playing at, but as far we're concerned, we're clearly not playing TurtleWoW simply because we can't access it. We're not talking 5-10min queues, we're talking hours of queues.
Most Chinese people know English, but they don't use it frequently. They will study English for 10 years in primary school... English is also a compulsory course in universities. Language restrictions cannot prevent queuing. It's 2023 now, and VPN is very popular.

Looking at global nodes, you may only be able to restrict very few direct users in Beijing and Shanghai.

I don't understand why so many people are queuing up.

It's unbelievable.

Missmumu

Post by Missmumu » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:11 am

I spend 2hours with my queue from 300 moved to 1700, nice job

Zrllord

Post by Zrllord » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:15 am

我是一位中国人,我也说说我的感受
首先我们在2023年1月份24日就失去了中国的魔兽世界服务器,导致我们在大半年时间内失去了自己的第二个世界和心爱的角色,不得不找另外的魔兽私服寻求安慰,我们中间很多人经历了大量的时间投入和金钱投入后,私服无情的没有任何通知的关闭让中国人对国内的私服都失去了信心,因为他们只知道赚钱,从来不考虑玩家的利益。
现在知道了乌龟服这么棒的服务器,有这么好的玩家们和维护者,让我们感觉到魔兽世界本来应该有的样子,中国玩家的大量涌入只是希望找回自己的第二世界,找到一个养老的地方,和所有国际上的玩家们一样,他们只是热爱这个游戏并希望找到自己最终的归宿,并不想破坏你们原有的生态平衡。
现在排队的情况所有人都在经历着,也是一个好的游戏必定要经历的过程,这并不是你们要抵制中国玩家和区分社区的理由,你们只是希望不要排队,我相信,没有人喜欢排队。
乌龟服的管理者加开服务器也是为了尽快解决排队的问题,所以请耐心等待吧,少发点牢骚,多一点宽容。如果说谁是这次灾难的罪魁祸首,那么非暴雪莫属,他们终将为自己的傲慢和不作为付出代价。
I am a Chinese and I would like to share my feelings

Firstly, on January 24, 2023, we lost our World of Warcraft server in China, resulting in the loss of our second world and beloved characters for most of the year. We had to seek comfort from another World of Warcraft private server. Many of us experienced a lot of time and money investment, and the merciless and unnoticed closure of private servers caused Chinese people to lose confidence in domestic private servers, Because they only know how to make money and never consider the interests of players.

Now that we know that Turtle Server is such a great server, with such good players and maintainers, we feel like the World of Warcraft should have been like. The influx of Chinese players is just hoping to find their second world and a place to retire. Like all international players, they just love this game and hope to find their final destination, and do not want to disrupt your original ecological balance.

Everyone is experiencing the situation of queuing now, which is also a process that a good game must go through. This is not a reason for you to resist Chinese players and differentiate communities. You just want to avoid queuing, and I believe that no one likes queuing.

The manager of Tortoise server is also adding servers to solve the queuing problem as soon as possible, so please be patient, complain less, and be more tolerant. If anyone is the culprit of this disaster, then it is none other than Blizzard, who will eventually pay the price for their arrogance and inaction.

Wafflezhang

Post by Wafflezhang » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:11 am

新服务器什么时候上啊 扩容什么时候开始啊~ 两整天过去了 还没有信息!!!! 你们这效率也太低了吧

Xwolfi

Post by Xwolfi » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:03 pm

Idontcareatall wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:47 pm
People have told you weeks/months in advance what would happen. I have nothing against SEA/Chinese people, but the game is unplayable as of now for the EU base, and has been for weeks now.

Opening new servers without enforcing a location restriction will just keep filling up the newer servers with more Chinese/SEA players.

I mean, sure, there are VPN and everything, but realistically, thousands of SEA/Chinese people won't be getting a VPN just to play TurtleWoW on EU servers.

Dunno what game you're playing at, but as far we're concerned, we're clearly not playing TurtleWoW simply because we can't access it. We're not talking 5-10min queues, we're talking hours of queues.
100% Agree my man! . The chinese now have multiple servers and yet in Tortas latest posts all he mentions is solving the problems for the Chinese first. All the while EU base needs to be "Patient" and accept only being able to play 1-2 hours at night.

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:10 pm

Xwolfi wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:03 pm
100% Agree my man! . The chinese now have multiple servers and yet in Tortas latest posts all he mentions is solving the problems for the Chinese first. All the while EU base needs to be "Patient" and accept only being able to play 1-2 hours at night.
It is impossible to fix European services without fixing a situation with SEA realm first.

I'm locking this thread, if you have any questions to us please ask them in a follow-up topic: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9730