Traveling Salesaman

Gabrielesani

Traveling Salesaman

Post by Gabrielesani » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:16 am

Here to take some suggestions, since I'm a newbie in the RP world.

I want to play (at least at the moment) a traveling salesman, that will go back and forth the initial zones (Elwyn, Dun Morogh and Teldrassil) selling goodies that he finds/fams (mining+skinning).

Any common knowledge I should know before starting? I plan to simply announce myself once in town and stop nearby people asking if they're interested in anything...

Any suggestion is appreciated :-)
Fendor Coldmane, Aspirant Beastmaster

Dodge

Re: Traveling Salesaman

Post by Dodge » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:39 am

I like this idea - would be great to meet you sometimes and buy some food/consumables while wandering through the world, however I wonder if this would work in case low population or later in game when there would not be too much low lvl characters that would require your services.
I still wish there would be some kind of Message Board in game, similar to the ones in Ultima Online, where players can write their own notes, job requests and sale/buy offer messages.
Maelstrom, Night Elf Druid
Namito, High Elf Mage
Adashi, Night Elf Hunter
dead_turtle_head

Gabrielesani

Post by Gabrielesani » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:16 pm

Tried yesterday for the first time, at the moment I'm announcing myself when in town and I happened to sell things both in Goldshire and Stormwind. Things will be harder when the population will be more spread out (at the moment a lot of people are low level, so traveling between Elwynn/Dun Morogh/Teldrassil give results).

Will see where it takes, actually had a lot of fun yesterday!

Guffnat

Post by Guffnat » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:42 pm

At a later point you could expand your business to the main cities (Ironforge, Stormwind and Darnassus) and neutral hubs like Ratchet, Gadgetzan, Winterspring and Booty Bay.

I like the idea of a peddler that helps adventurers on their journey. You could provide food and drink (maybe from a mage friend?), spare bags, potions and stuff that is needed for quests (silver bar, frost oil, bronze tubing etc.).

Gabrielesani

Post by Gabrielesani » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:47 pm

Guffnat wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:42 pm
I like the idea of a peddler that helps adventurers on their journey. You could provide food and drink (maybe from a mage friend?), spare bags, potions and stuff that is needed for quests (silver bar, frost oil, bronze tubing etc.).
That's what I'm doing now, selling greenies, bags, copper and leather (I chose mining+skinning for this sole reason). Also got my hand on some recipe. It's unfortunate the game has no way to let me create a sort of catalog people can choose from, but I will make it work without it :-)

And in the future I will probably have, as you said, to rely more on main cities/hubs. First thing will be to expand my bag capabilities (with the first earnings I already bought all the possible 8 slot bags) and farm most useful common thing.

Another useful and funny thing is to exchange goodies instead of selling; for example, I sold to a blacksmith a recipe in exchange of 6 pairs of copper bracers: super cool interaction and a lot more valuable to sell!

Guffnat

Post by Guffnat » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:09 pm

That's awesome! Keep it up! :)

You could send and ingame letter to your character that includes a catalogue of your goods. You should be able to take it out of the mailbox (see: https://www.wowhead.com/item=8383/plain-letter _ comments in the link). Then you could hand those letters over to your customers. I think a roleplay tavern I used to visit handed out their menu cards this way.

Gabrielesani

Post by Gabrielesani » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:00 pm

That's actually a great idea, I will try it for sure!