2023 — September 4

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

2023 — September 4

Post by Torta » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:41 am

• To ensure compliance with our public channel language rules (https://turtle-wow.org/#/rules#chat-abuse), we have enforced English as the mandatory language for communication in the General, Trade, World, and /yell channels. This measure aims to minimize the need for GM intervention.
  • The respawn timer on Poppies in Redridge Mounts have been properly lowered, for real this time! They should now have a 90 second respawn timer.
  • The Spirit Pyres in Amani'Alor will now only burn for 15 seconds for parity with the Alliance version of this quest.
  • The Cartographer title no longer requires Scarlet Basilica.
  • Thorium Greatsword can now be disenchanted.
  • The quest "Stealing A Core" is now properly labeled as a Dungeon quest.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed tents to be stacked in close proximity of one another.
  • Reworked the Mirage Raceway event to fix issues with players getting stuck unable to move or keeping their increased speed indefinitely.
  • The Winterfall Ambushers spawned after turning in the Winterfall Runners quest will now attack the player.
  • Removed statically spawned Hive'Ashi Ambushers near the Hive'Ashi Pod in Silithus as part of the "Hive in the Tower" quest.
  • Scarlet Recruit and Vladeus Springriver are no longer aggressive to prevent accidental death of Hardcore players passing by the bridge.
  • The Giantstalker and Dragonstalker Armor 5 piece set bonus no longer prevents the player from being unflagged for PvP.

Aydea

Re: 2023 — September 4

Post by Aydea » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:53 am

Thank you for your continuous hard work on this labor of love passion project. I know that many people won't verbalize or say this but all this hard work is very appreciated by many people. As is the love poured into it be it the plainwalking for tauren, the lost farm sheep for alliance or the amazing countless additions of custom content delighting many players with hours upon hours of gaming time.

This project is alive because of love and because you have never lost faith in the beauty of your work and the work of everyone else who contributes. I can write this word of encouragement here. Your work is appreciated as is your effort and all the heartfelt love you have poured into this project and still continue to pour so as well as everyone else who contributes.

I don't know what people say or do to you these days but no matter what they say, no matter what they do, I hope that you won't let them extinguish your heartfelt love and passion for this project. There are so, so many people who appreciate all of this and just don't take the time to verbalize.

I am writing this also as a concerted counter to the atmosphere of negativity and strife that lately has been becoming very prevalent. Someone needs to say these things that I said here as well and it would appear that someone, in this instance, turns out to be me.

That is all. Thank you again. For everything.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:54 am

Torta wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:41 am
  • To ensure compliance with our public channel language rules (https://turtle-wow.org/#/rules#chat-abuse), we have enforced English as the mandatory language for communication in the General, Trade, World, and /yell channels. This measure aims to minimize the need for GM intervention.
Finally some relief, but expect lots of reports from players, dozens of non english messages per minute flow in SW/Org

Elesion

Post by Elesion » Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:14 am

Torta wrote:
  • The respawn timer on Poppies in Redridge Mounts have been properly lowered, for real this time! They should now have a 90 second respawn timer.
large
Torta wrote:
  • The Spirit Pyres in Amani'Alor will now only burn for 15 seconds for parity with the Alliance version of this quest.
Big!
Torta wrote:
  • The Cartographer title no longer requires Scarlet Basilica.
HUGE!

If these issues are finally dealt with (for actually real real) this is a great patch!

Queefking

Post by Queefking » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:30 pm

Now make a HC realm

Anadrol

Post by Anadrol » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:41 pm

My favorite part is the one where the 8k queues are resolved turtle_in_love

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:06 pm

Anadrol wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:41 pm
My favorite part is the one where the 8k queues are resolved turtle_in_love
Got me there ngl.

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:26 pm

Torta wrote:
What about /say?

Casavir
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Casavir » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:51 pm

Queefking wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:30 pm
Now make a HC realm
Dedicated HC layer would be enough.

Resonanc3

Post by Resonanc3 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:55 pm

Casavir wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:51 pm
Queefking wrote:
Now make a HC realm
No, please, this will turn HC WM into an easy walk

Luqj

Post by Luqj » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:27 pm

Greetings

Cbtxy

Post by Cbtxy » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:43 pm

turtle wow itself is amazing, but i have to spend much more time to wait 8k queue.

Profgiggles

Post by Profgiggles » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:39 pm

I would like to second what Aydea said. My heartfelt thanks to Torta and the entire TWoW team, all the developers, game masters and helpful players out there, whose contributions and work go into making the game even better and more enjoyable to play.

I'm one of those players who have played here and enjoyed the server for a long time, without verbalising my appreciation and gratitude that I can do so, thanks to the passionate work and effort that's being put into running it.

So thank you again, and I would like to add that despite all the strife we're currently seeing, still being able to log in and play with my friends in the evening remains my highlight of the day.

Xerilin
Has liked: 14 times

Post by Xerilin » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:47 pm

Casavir wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:51 pm
Queefking wrote:
Now make a HC realm
HC realm sounds great and I'm sure it is being discussed, but layering is just bad game design. Hated it so much in Classic.

Shroudedsoul

Post by Shroudedsoul » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:17 am

Queefking wrote:
Now make a HC realm
That's the true dream right there.

happy_turtle