The Amazing Stories of Turtle WoW

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:02 am

Dear reader, a word if I may before we go into this thread ...

Any community lives from the stories that are told and Turtle WoW, our beloved community, is no exception to this. For years now stories happen all across the server every day. Some of them so heartwarming and noteworthy that they might leave you feeling you had a chance to share them along with your joy.

But who would listen? In a world bustling with activity, a world where people run from one quest to the next as the hours of their gaming time are sparse and need to used wisely. Surely, if you go into a tavern you might find a relaxed atmosphere, adventurers resting from a long day's worth of adventure with tales to tell and share.

Unfortunately, no.

At least not generally in-game.

That is why this thread exists. A place for you come and share those stories of yours and delight in the stories shared by others. In that sense, I invite you to ...

A place where you can click on the above video for the music of the taverns we all know and love to inspire you to the mood of story telling and sharing in one such tavern across the wonderful world of turtle WoW. And as you walk into the tavern and all of the sudden find here, on the forum, what you didn't find in-game, people relaxing, reading, instead of hurrying along their business, an audience, you might feel inspired as they smile and wave you over to the fire side that crackles nearby radiating its warm glow.

Thats when you might remember ... Oh yes, that ambience, it does remind you of a story from your travels ...
Last edited by Aydea on Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aydea

Re: The Amazing Stories of Turtle WoW

Post by Aydea » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:45 am

The Missing Recipe

After a long day adventuring Fadrith and her team finally come to rest at a tavern for the night. The music is playing, the fireside crackling nearby and its warm glow warming the heart. Once situated with her team, she says

That reminds me of a story ...

My team and I were out in the Arathi Highlands. We were up on one of the high spots in the mountains to the south of the region near the ogres and witherbark trolls. It was late already, the sun had long set and we had searched all day long for something.

What were we looking for? It turns out that smithing an armor isn't easy. At least not if you don't know all the parts. But smithing in itself is art, I used to think the dwarves who said these things had maybe one pint of ale too many but look who is talking now ...

Anyways, our goal was to smith a complete armor set. And I had learned, searched and adventured into nearly every corner of the world accessible to us at that time. Believe it or not we found one of the recipes we needed from a locked treasure box that we found on our trip to Uldaman for our enchantress, Aydea. I won't bore you with where we found the rest of the recipes ... just know we searched and adventures for days, if not weeks!

So here we were in the arathi highlands, on a mountain side, our herbalist Aylia had spotted .... whats the name ... Hm? Oh yes! Thank you. "Wild Steelbloom" from a distance that none of us could possibly have. Herbalists, man ...

We were just sitting down near the wild steel bloom plant after another day of searching unsuccessfully when a dwarf of all people runs up to us. The wild steel bloom plant must have had more to gather because he came all the way up the mountain side for it too. Surprised, the dwarf asked what we were up to and so we told him our story.

He sat down for a while with us and as we told him he could not help but laugh as he heard that we almost found the missing recipe today but it was just out of reach of us. (we found it on our HC characters but we needed it on normal side)

The story told, we all had a good laugh and the dwarf went on his way again. Tired from a long day of searching I remarked to my team "Now, imagine that dwarf would have that recipe and send it to us ... wouldn't that be something." When the dwarf was long gone so he could not possibly have heard that.

And the next morning when I checked my mail box, you would perhaps guess at this point what I found along with a note of gratitude for a good story from the dwarf we met.

The missing recipe.

Aydea

Re: The Amazing Stories of Turtle WoW

Post by Aydea » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:06 pm

The Alterac Mountain Rescue

After Fadrith has shared her story, Aylia puts the herbs she was sniffing back to the herb bag and says

Good times, just like the time when we were in Alterac Mountains ...

We were out there before but this time back in force and goodness was it cold as ever! All this time out hunting for that recipe in stranglethorn vale really made me forget just how cold the north can be. It was snowy and hard to see through the weather. Hm? What? Why were we there? We needed to gather Winter's Bite. Thats one herb I wouldn't advise to lick or even sniff. Not that I would know anything about licking or sniffing herbs ...

You see the place is full of Ogres and Yetis and while the latter seem to retain a minimum of hygiene, for the Ogres all bets are off. When you venture to the ruins where the ogres are found you can find refuse all over the floor. Makes me wonder if thats why winter's bite only grows there. Wait, no, thats disgusting. Its probably the cold ...

Anyways, just as we were about to verify that what we saw on the ground was in fact a winter's bite plant, a woman in armor ran by. And after her five of the brutes in a state that I can only describe as "in rage". I don't know what she did, usually they don't react that way if you throw spells at them. Maybe she dared to comment on the sanitary situation of the place, or the lack there of.

Before we knew it we intervened to help the attackee and as a result had some of the five or so ogres or so on us attacking our group. Had we not intervened the running warrior would surely have perished and even with our help it was a close call most of the time. And not just for her. one of our tanks nearly went down but in the end it turned out well. I bet the warrior didn't see that coming!!

So, what do we learn from this? Always wash winter's bite, yes, even before sniffing it. Oh and be careful with these ogres ...