Oppose the cancellation of Chinese support

Flamefist

Oppose the cancellation of Chinese support

Post by Flamefist » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:54 am

Here are some really helpful suggestions:

First, banning Chinese may not achieve your desired goals. Chinese pinyin is a powerful language tool. Chinese people can communicate seamlessly using pinyin, and you may not even be able to stop them from appearing in public channels, which would be a disaster.
I suggest banning non-Latin text input in public channels such as world and still alive, while leaving Chinese input functionality in China and other channels. This would naturally lead Chinese players to speak in China-related channels.
It has been implemented on the Elysium server.

I am grateful to the development team for their efforts to improve the game environment. They are heroes. I also understand the players who have been affected by the delays, queues, and public chat disruptions. Due to the large number of Chinese players, there are often individuals who violate the rules. However, a new server is about to be opened, and most Chinese players will be diverted. These situations will be greatly improved. So why still ban Chinese on the old server?

If Chinese is not banned on the old server, it will be welcomed by everyone. However, banning Chinese at the same time as opening a new server is really feels like driving people into a concentration camp. I know this not the intention of the development team. But it feels like.

Turtle WoW belongs to every fan. We do not object to the use of a specific language in public channels. However, the cancellation of Chinese support means that it can no longer be used in private channels. Restricting a specific language is a form of discrimination, especially when it changes from being supported to not being supported. Today it is Chinese, tomorrow it may be Russian, and what language will it be next time?
I hope the administrators realize that this is a fascist act, like the Germans driving out the Jews. Turtle WoW should be a utopia for players, and should not bring in politics and discrimination.
Thank you! angry_turtle
Last edited by Flamefist on Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

Darktifa

Re: Oppose the cancellation of Chinese support

Post by Darktifa » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:08 am

First of all, Twow is not a Democracy
You are free to speak your mind here, they are not obliged to listen to you
We are not entitled to anything as players
If they decide to permanently ban Russians for example tomorrow (davai cyka blyat)
that's it
Their server, their rules!

My native language is not English either
The difference with Chinese is that i don't use my native language in global chat etc,
because it's against the server rules
So instead of banning everyone using their native language in global chats, they took another decision
Whether you like it or not, whether you consider it fascist or not
it's their server and we should be grateful!
Last edited by Darktifa on Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:09 am

Did you seriously just compare Turtle WoW removing Hanzi letters from their Western server to Germans driving out the Jews?

Edgarfam

Post by Edgarfam » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:16 am

Stop this nonsense and leave TWOW, you don't deserve any service it provides.

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:21 am

Flamefist wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:54 am
Turtle WoW belongs to every fan. We do not object to the use of a specific language in public channels. However, the cancellation of Chinese support means that it can no longer be used in private channels. Restricting a specific language is a form of discrimination, especially when it changes from being supported to not being supported. Today it is Chinese, tomorrow it may be Russian, and what language will it be next time?
I hope the administrators realize that this is a fascist act, like the Germans driving out the Jews. Turtle WoW should be a utopia for players, and should not bring in politics and discrimination.
Thank you! angry_turtle
angry_turtle_hea

You assume this is a service and not an invitation. Tell you what, when you start paying the bills to keep the lights on the you can feel free to demand all you want. Until then, enjoy your fresh new realm complete with support to your language.

Second, this is a solution to help alleviate the server ques now causing frustration with ALL the turtle wow community. If you can't see things past your nose then you probably need to sit in a room humm real loud until you can longer take it anymore then enjoy your new server complete with your language support.

Third, your comments are heard but do nothing to address the reason why a new server was created. So ya. Enjoy your new server complete with your language support.

hiding_smth_turtle
wary_turtle_head I'm just here for the GM's replies--Carry on!!

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:22 am

Chinese support will continue just over on a server specially created and crafted and catered for Chinese players.

Nobody is making a server specifically for me so if you’re a Chinese player I guess consider yourself lucky you get your own server. I would be grateful if I were in your shoes.

Flamefist

Post by Flamefist » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:29 am

Foobs wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:21 am
Flamefist wrote:
Thank you! angry_turtle
angry_turtle_hea

You assume this is a service and not an invitation. Tell you what, when you start paying the bills to keep the lights on the you can feel free to demand all you want. Until then, enjoy your fresh new realm complete with support to your language.

Second, this is a solution to help alleviate the server ques now causing frustration with ALL the turtle wow community. If you can't see things past your nose then you probably need to sit in a room humm real loud until you can longer take it anymore then enjoy your new server complete with your language support.

Third, your comments are heard but do nothing to address the reason why a new server was created. So ya. Enjoy your new server complete with your language support.

hiding_smth_turtle
First, I do not assume that Turtle WoW is a service. I believe that it is an invitation to a community of players who share a love of World of Warcraft. As such, I believe that everyone has a right to voice their opinions and concerns about the game.

Second, I understand that the new server was created to alleviate server queues. I appreciate the efforts of the Turtle WoW team to address this issue. However, I believe that the decision to ban Chinese support was a mistake. This decision will alienate Chinese players and make it more difficult for them to participate in the Turtle WoW community.

Finally, I would like to point out that your comments are also unhelpful. You have not addressed any of the concerns that have been raised about the ban on Chinese support. Instead, you have simply dismissed them as being irrelevant.

I urge you to reconsider your position on this issue. The ban on Chinese support is a discriminatory decision that will harm the Turtle WoW community.

Edgarfam

Post by Edgarfam » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:33 am

Flamefist wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:29 am
Foobs wrote:
Flamefist wrote:
Thank you! angry_turtle
angry_turtle_hea

hiding_smth_turtle
First, I do not assume that Turtle WoW is a service. I believe that it is an invitation to a community of players who share a love of World of Warcraft. As such, I believe that everyone has a right to voice their opinions and concerns about the game.

Second, I understand that the new server was created to alleviate server queues. I appreciate the efforts of the Turtle WoW team to address this issue. However, I believe that the decision to ban Chinese support was a mistake. This decision will alienate Chinese players and make it more difficult for them to participate in the Turtle WoW community.

Finally, I would like to point out that your comments are also unhelpful. You have not addressed any of the concerns that have been raised about the ban on Chinese support. Instead, you have simply dismissed them as being irrelevant.

I urge you to reconsider your position on this issue. The ban on Chinese support is a discriminatory decision that will harm the Turtle WoW community.
Yes, you can voice your opinion.

No, Chinese players can participate in Chinese server.

And no, you are unhelpful and such a disgrace.

I urge you to leave this game.

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:35 am

Flamefist wrote:
Foobs wrote:
Flamefist wrote:
Thank you! angry_turtle
angry_turtle_hea

hiding_smth_turtle

Because the Chinese concern IS irrelevant. You have an option that not only is available to you but has been catered to you.

There is no concern because your language is NOT being banned outright. AGAIN see things past your own nose!

This solution not only fixes the queues to a point; but relieves the lag issues and constant server instability problems the server is having.

But hey, all that is NOT as important as your inability to type in Hanzi, I get that.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:45 am

Good Riddance, now go play on your Chinese server instead of ruining ours with 7k queues.

Flamefist

Post by Flamefist » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:46 am

Foobs wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:35 am
Flamefist wrote:
Foobs wrote:

angry_turtle_hea

hiding_smth_turtle

Because the Chinese concern IS irrelevant. You have an option that not only is available to you but has been catered to you.

There is no concern because your language is NOT being banned outright. AGAIN see things past your own nose!

This solution not only fixes the queues to a point; but relieves the lag issues and constant server instability problems the server is having.

But hey, all that is NOT as important as your inability to type in Hanzi, I get that.

I understand your point of view. You believe that the Chinese concern is irrelevant because there is an option available for Chinese players to use a different server that supports their language. You also believe that this solution will fix the queues, lag issues, and server instability problems.

I disagree with your assessment. I believe that the Chinese concern is still valid, even if there is an option for Chinese players to use a different server. The decision to ban Chinese support on the main server is still discriminatory, and it will still alienate Chinese players from the Turtle WoW community.

I do not deny the efforts made by the administrators to optimize the server, but there is a loophole in the statement. If the launch of a new server will improve the congestion on the old server, why bother to go to the trouble of banning Chinese on the old server?

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:52 am

Flamefist wrote:
Thank you! angry_turtle
Instead of being grateful that the Development team undergoes the effort of creating a dedicated SEA realm (for free I might add) the OP still comes to these forums saying these awful things about the development team. While the Development Team works to create a new SEA realm where the OP can play on for free (in their native language also) the OP insults them while they work. wary_turtle

I believe that the actions of the Development team (creating a new SEA realm just for players of that region) speak volumes in this about them in a good way, just as much as the message of the OP speaks volumes about the OP but in a bad way.

And you know the real tragedy of posts like this? Posts like the OP ruin the reputation of SEA players who do actually behave themselves in a courteous and respectful manner and honor the rules and the spirit of the server.

Something to think about, maybe.

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:56 am

Flamefist wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:46 am
Foobs wrote:
Flamefist wrote:

I understand your point of view. You believe that the Chinese concern is irrelevant because there is an option available for Chinese players to use a different server that supports their language. You also believe that this solution will fix the queues, lag issues, and server instability problems.

I disagree with your assessment. I believe that the Chinese concern is still valid, even if there is an option for Chinese players to use a different server. The decision to ban Chinese support on the main server is still discriminatory, and it will still alienate Chinese players from the Turtle WoW community.

I do not deny the efforts made by the administrators to optimize the server, but there is a loophole in the statement. If the launch of a new server will improve the congestion on the old server, why bother to go to the trouble of banning Chinese on the old server?
Did you think that maybe not only are they going to the trouble of translating the game into a format that is catered to you, but will also have the support and server load necessary to handle said population?

There is a lot more involved than just starting a new server and calling it good. It will be optimized and has been customized to that region.

This situation has already caused a lot of frustration on both sides of the argument but NONE as much as for the developers who have had to hold the release of the new expansion because of all these server issues.

You're crying foul for something that doesn't exist.

Edgarfam

Post by Edgarfam » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:00 am

Aydea wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:52 am
Flamefist wrote:
Thank you! angry_turtle
Instead of being grateful that the Development team undergoes the effort of creating a dedicated SEA realm (for free I might add) the OP still comes to these forums saying these awful things about the development team. While the Development Team works to create a new SEA realm where the OP can play on for free (in their native language also) the OP insults them while they work. wary_turtle

I believe that the actions of the Development team (creating a new SEA realm just for players of that region) speak volumes in this about them in a good way, just as much as the message of the OP speaks volumes about the OP but in a bad way.

And you know the real tragedy of posts like this? Posts like the OP ruin the reputation of SEA players who do actually behave themselves in a courteous and respectful manner and honor the rules and the spirit of the server.

Something to think about, maybe.
Exactly. There was already a post like this in Chinese. You can refer to this maybe with a translation tool:

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=9190

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:07 am

Flamefist wrote:
The Turtle Team has every right to ban you from this forum and from their services for no reason at all, and certainly for this tone-deaf, hyperbolic, unhinged tirade of yours.

Flamefist

Post by Flamefist » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:08 am

Foobs wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:56 am
Flamefist wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:46 am
Foobs wrote:

Did you think that maybe not only are they going to the trouble of translating the game into a format that is catered to you, but will also have the support and server load necessary to handle said population?

There is a lot more involved than just starting a new server and calling it good. It will be optimized and has been customized to that region.

This situation has already caused a lot of frustration on both sides of the argument but NONE as much as for the developers who have had to hold the release of the new expansion because of all these server issues.

You're crying foul for something that doesn't exist.
Let me restate my position. I'm not here to deny the developers' efforts. I understand that the current server lag and queue times are due to the high number of players. The Chinese server will significantly improve the gaming experience for players on both sides. However, I question why the developers are banning Chinese characters on the old server. After all, the new server will address these issues.

Geojak
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Geojak » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:10 am

Flamefist wrote:
Foobs wrote:
Flamefist wrote:
Thank you! angry_turtle
angry_turtle_hea

hiding_smth_turtle

Second, I understand that the new server was created to alleviate server queues. I appreciate the efforts of the Turtle WoW team to address this issue. However, I believe that the decision to ban Chinese support was a mistake. This decision will alienate Chinese players and make it more difficult for them to participate ijn the Turtle WoW community.

The Chinese players have arleay alienated themself from the rest of the turtle community. While everyone else is in international guilds and uses English and wolrs chat. Chinese have Chinese guilds, Chinese /China and segretsed themselfes from the rest. I don't blame them, I would do the same, after all they are the majority playerbase and their language therefor the one most used.

This sitsrion is unaccteable. It is ruining twow for non Chinese. And the ban of hanzi is the natural solution. Move to the Chinese server or stay an use English.
This isn't fascism. Get real.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:15 am

Alright i'll bite: The reason why they are banning Hanzi but not the other Characters is because those that constantly violate the rules are the Bracket Squad.

You know how often I have seen violations of Non-English people (Not including chinese)? Not that often, maybe once or twice a day or not even that and even then the GMs usually have a grip on that.

Meanwhile since the flood of Chinese Players there are Brackets everywhere and those are not isolated cases either. Just yesterday I was logged in for about 10 minutes in Stormwind and there were brackets everywhere.
The rule set for the following public channels: /world, guild chat of <Still Alive>, guild chat of <Newcomers>, /trade, any crowded leveling or recreation zones:

Public chats are English speaking only. The only exception are guild recruitment announcements, those can be in your native language.
Spam: do not post more than 3 consecutive lines of the same text per minute.
I am quite sure that Stormwind Square falls under the "Public recreation zone" rule.

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:19 am

Turtle wow's official language is english, always been, and it is against the rules to communicate in any other language in any public channel.
There have been mutes and so on. Lately they closed their eyes bcs it has became impossible to moderate the chat. Yet the rules still aply.
Many people were concerned about the spam and the language barrier.
Once again they will force this rule by removing hanzi characters. If you are unable to commicate in english then yeah, move over to the server that has been specifically made for you.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:24 am

If devs went with what many more discriminate peolel demanded. Like outright Bann all Chinese Emails, IP Adresse, gelock Or queue prio based on ping.yes that would be very unfair to the Chinese Player that integrated into the English community and never been an issue.

But the devs, despite your allegations, are wise and fair. They offer every player a choice where to play. But the rules are rules. It's an English server and there will be a Chinese server. Everyone will be catered too.

Banning hanzi is a necessity because there are just so many chinese. Because if you don't do it you have 2 servers that are Chinese majorly spoken and all international English players are screwed like we are atm.

Be happy the devs are fair and make an own server for Chinese instead of just Bann you like real racists would do

Flamefist

Post by Flamefist » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:28 am

Isvya wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:19 am
Turtle wow's official language is english, always been, and it is against the rules to communicate in any other language in any public channel.
There have been mutes and so on. Lately they closed their eyes bcs it has became impossible to moderate the chat. Yet the rules still aply.
Once again they will force this rule by removing hanzi characters. If you are unable to commicate in english then yeah, move over to the server that has been specifically made for you.
The opening of the Chinese server will greatly improve these problems, but I still believe that Chinese should not be banned from using chat channels such as groups and private chats.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:34 am

Flamefist wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:28 am
The opening of the Chinese server will greatly improve these problems, but I still believe that Chinese should not be banned from using chat channels such as groups and private chats.

That's cool. Consider the following: The binary here was either to ban Hanzi characters from chat, or ban Chinese players from the server. They took the less hostile and aggressive approach that allows the Chinese players to migrate themselves over to the other server without feeling "forced", but it's pretty obvious that the majority of the community wants Chinese players who REFUSE to integrate with the English-speaking community to go to the Chinese server.

Regardless how YOU personally feel, the point of this thread you made is to rally people to your side and oppose this change. I hate to break it to you, but the community does NOT have your back on this.

Lx32110

Post by Lx32110 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:37 am

Firstly, TWOW is a great server with excellent management personnel and a complete gaming storyline experience. Although TWOW is constantly improving, I believe no one will deny this. In fact, TWOW's popularity is built on Blizzard's declining gaming business level and innovation capabilities. I believe that all of TWOW's innovative inspiration and sources are also built on Blizzard's foundation. turtle_in_love_head
But when I saw a statement from TWOW's management stating that TWOW will no longer support Chinese characters in the near future, I expressed regret. I know that TWOW is a private server, and all the rules are customized by the excellent managers of the community. Of course, it's up to you the final say. The administrator of TWOW emphasized in the statement that this is a server belonging to Europe. I don't quite understand the meaning of the administrator's statement and whether they are intentionally driving away Chinese players. I know that TWOW has provided a brand new server for Chinese players to alleviate the increasingly serious queuing phenomenon, which I agree with. I hope TWOW community administrators can issue a statement stating that there is no mandatory requirement for Chinese players to transfer servers. Because I don't want to see community administrators colluding with agents privately using methods that violate human rights to transfer Chinese players. Because I believe that the illogical idea of prohibiting the use of Chinese characters cannot determine whether all Chinese players will be transferred. turtle_in_love_head
So, as I mentioned at the beginning, this is TWOW's private server, and all rule interpretation rights in the community belong to TWOW, and all rules are established by you. I hope you can reconsider and issue a rigorous statement, let's wait and see! satisfied_turtle satisfied_turtle

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:41 am

Flamefist wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:28 am
Isvya wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:19 am
No it won't, why would anyone chinese in their right mind move if Chinese still works. I don't want to play on a server where the majority does not communicate in English. Do not care what language it is. This is an English project, the fact that large Chinese playerbase refusing to speak primilary English has been accepted is testament of the devs goodwill.

There are too many Chinese for the limited capacity twow can ever offer. (not blaming, just realism) and they could easily, fill more servers. If hanzi isnt banned, we will have two Chinese servers.

I agree it would be nice if you could still chat in Chinese with your friends but this is not possible because then we once more allow Chinese to segregate and make their own Chinese world. Instead of using LFT and chat in English with other internationals they would make Chinese guilds and do their own thing and eventually will be force to do more drastic measures like force move chinese guilds etc.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:41 am

Can we ban stupid people from posting on these forums already? People who have brain damage and use phrases like "violating human rights" when talking about a fucking privately-owned video game server changing their support options?

You people are not winning any allies making it sound like thugs are kicking down people's doors and dragging them off to internment camps.

Edgarfam

Post by Edgarfam » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:44 am

Lx32110 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:37 am
Firstly, TWOW is a great server with excellent management personnel and a complete gaming storyline experience. Although TWOW is constantly improving, I believe no one will deny this. In fact, TWOW's popularity is built on Blizzard's declining gaming business level and innovation capabilities. I believe that all of TWOW's innovative inspiration and sources are also built on Blizzard's foundation. turtle_in_love_head
But when I saw a statement from TWOW's management stating that TWOW will no longer support Chinese characters in the near future, I expressed regret. I know that TWOW is a private server, and all the rules are customized by the excellent managers of the community. Of course, it's up to you the final say. The administrator of TWOW emphasized in the statement that this is a server belonging to Europe. I don't quite understand the meaning of the administrator's statement and whether they are intentionally driving away Chinese players. I know that TWOW has provided a brand new server for Chinese players to alleviate the increasingly serious queuing phenomenon, which I agree with. I hope TWOW community administrators can issue a statement stating that there is no mandatory requirement for Chinese players to transfer servers. Because I don't want to see community administrators colluding with agents privately using methods that violate human rights to transfer Chinese players. Because I believe that the illogical idea of prohibiting the use of Chinese characters cannot determine whether all Chinese players will be transferred. turtle_in_love_head
So, as I mentioned at the beginning, this is TWOW's private server, and all rule interpretation rights in the community belong to TWOW, and all rules are established by you. I hope you can reconsider and issue a rigorous statement, let's wait and see! satisfied_turtle satisfied_turtle
So it's your "hunan right" to play on EU server. Grats!

Cirylaz

Post by Cirylaz » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:46 am

I am a Chinese too, but I never use Chinese on this server, even I'm not good at English. Because, that's the rule.
I suggest that the Chinese who playing on this server can do your best to use English. I don't want foreign people to think that we are rule breakers.

Finally, Chinese players who don't want to follow the rules, pls GET OUT OF HERE !!!

Zty111156

Post by Zty111156 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:47 am

Are you kidding me? Accept donations from chinese players and ban their mother tongue ?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:55 am

Zty111156 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:47 am
Are you kidding me? Accept donations from chinese players and ban their mother tongue ?

You should protest by quitting the server. Because we sure as fuck don't want people with your attitude in our community.
Last edited by Redmagejoe on Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:57 am

Zty111156 wrote:
They would say :

Thank you for the non-obligatory "donation", but that doesn't entitle you to anything, especially on how to run the server.

If you really think that NOT being able to speak your "Mother tongue" is tantamount to "human atrocities" then maybe this community really isn't for you. And then there's Chinese server brand spanking new complete with your "Mother tongue" and everything. satisfied_turtle_head

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:59 am

Cirylaz wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:46 am
I am a Chinese too, but I never use Chinese on this server, even I'm not good at English. Because, that's the rule.
I suggest that the Chinese who playing on this server can do your best to use English. I don't want foreign people to think that we are rule breakers.

Finally, Chinese players who don't want to follow the rules, pls GET OUT OF HERE !!!
Thanks. If you can communicate in english you are welcome, every other nation does speak english here and uave no issues. Chinese are welcome too if they adapt.

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:00 am

Zty111156 wrote:
Donating is your own choice. Server rules still apply about languages.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:16 am

Zty111156 wrote:
What's your problem, move to new Asian server where everyone will speak your mother tongue. The support and gm team will be able to speak it there too and you will even have lower ping as a cherry on top.

Or stay and speak English according to the rules broken 10001 times on a daily by Chinese. Sorry this is a neccesarry change to keep turtle wow EU an English Server

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:21 am

I'm very happy about the measures taken to solve this issue.

Zty111156

Post by Zty111156 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:28 am

Donating is my own choice, but when i donating , you don't tell me , you will ban chinese. I think most chinese plays donate to the game becouse the ganme support the Chinese . And I want to ask a question , Asian server ban English ? Asian server only support chinese ?