how to reduce login queues

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

how to reduce login queues

Post by Xudo » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:57 pm

Just disable tents
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Naajh
Has liked: 1 time

Re: how to reduce login queues

Post by Naajh » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:34 pm

another one that doesn't read the "server rules". What you say will not happen.
Next post! insidious_turtle

Paw

Post by Paw » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:35 am

Xudo wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:57 pm
Just disable tents
What do you mean?

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:48 am

A lot of people hang under the tent while AFK. They fill server slots and doesn't actually play the game. I believe most of them just park character there and go do irl business while rested xp bar getting filled. If tents gets disabled, people will play the game rather than leave afk characters here and there.
Have fun not only at 60.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:52 am

Or, how about you limit tent XP gains to party members, so that way not just anyone can walk up and mooch the rested XP? At least then you'd have to have the minimum level of social interaction to get it, and since less people will be able to get XP from one tent, less people will gather under one to get their free rested. I was considering making the rested XP only apply to the person who uses it, but that seems a wee bit harsh.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:57 am

I imagine that as temporary solution for current influx of players. When amount of simultaneous people online will get back to comfortable value, tents could be restored as they are.

I am ok with buffing offline rested xp. Because people want fast leveling, let them have it.
Have fun not only at 60.

Geojak
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Geojak » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:15 pm

Xudo wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:48 am
A lot of people hang under the tent while AFK. They fill server slots and doesn't actually play the game. I believe most of them just park character there and go do irl business while rested xp bar getting filled. If tents gets disabled, people will play the game rather than leave afk characters here and there.
I agree, tents makes matters worse at the moment and encourage afk gaming. It used to be a great feature to keep people in game. If peolle want rested exp, they should log off in an inn and not clog up the already full server to do nothing.

Yea, disable tents or make it that they aren't giving rested exp any faster than a Inn. Just same rate so you might aswell just log off and let someone else do stuff

Tents had a purpose on a 500 pop server to bring person mit ple together to relax, chat, gather at gurub ashi arena. Those times are long gone. We don't need people to group up in the 50+ under a tent in front of sw to afk for 30 minutes and not chat anyway due to language barriers.

Tents are kinda obsolete and woild be better of as mobile, temporary inn spots to log out fast and get slow rested exp, but not as a afk under Tool to fill up rested exp.

Hctwowfan

Post by Hctwowfan » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:19 pm

That's just illogical. People afk under tents to gather rested XP and get a coffee or alt tab in that time. If you remove tents those players won't afk under tents anymore and instead just keep playing the game. Zero results on the queue situation.
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Libbi Hazaru Lenymo Oronil

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:21 pm

just disable tents, and racists, and non donators. complain in global channel = auto kick into quene

Familyislife

Post by Familyislife » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:26 pm

seriously 3.8k on queue and 309mins waiting!!! when will they open the east server for the majority of the players? this is starting to get boring while waiting on queue. This should be addressed as soon as possible.
Vulcanhammer lvl 17 Human (Paladin)

Familyislife

Post by Familyislife » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:32 pm

Shaman111 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:21 pm
just disable tents, and racists, and non donators. complain in global channel = auto kick into quene
think about those players who just wants to relive the adventure they had when their still young. Also I suggest by limiting the tent usage for party and or solo since I noticed that some HC are staying under the tent and goes afk.

Vulcanhammer lvl 17 Human Paladin

Geojak
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Geojak » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:34 pm

Or make the server 0.5 exp as it was originally, slow and steady for everyone. Player numbers would fall and queues decrease. only true turtles remain.

Yirman

Post by Yirman » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:39 pm

Let's see how queues are in around 9 hours from now. I suspect that a lot of people have been using Turtle WoW and other private servers to prepare for WoW Classic Hardcore servers. I expect a drop in population for TWoW when it launches later today. Maybe I overestimate the effect the launch will have, but time will tell.

Familyislife

Post by Familyislife » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:14 pm

up until now still 1k on queue and still waiting...

Hctwowfan

Post by Hctwowfan » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:17 pm

Familyislife wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:32 pm
Also I suggest by limiting the tent usage for party and or solo since I noticed that some HC are staying under the tent and goes afk.
What does this have to do with hardcore mode? A player afk under a tent is an occupied slot, no matter what game mode they choose.
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu

Hctwowfan

Post by Hctwowfan » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:21 pm

Yirman wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:39 pm
Let's see how queues are in around 9 hours from now. I suspect that a lot of people have been using Turtle WoW and other private servers to prepare for WoW Classic Hardcore servers. I expect a drop in population for TWoW when it launches later today. Maybe I overestimate the effect the launch will have, but time will tell.
The pop usually drops to a healthy 5k+- at around 6-7 pm server time when mainland Taiwan goes to bed or to work or whatever. There's no official blizz servers over there anymore so I don't think the official hc launch will change much in that regard, but we'll see.

Familyislife

Post by Familyislife » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:37 pm

Able to login just now, after a long and arduous time waiting, finally

Familyislife

Post by Familyislife » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:18 am

seriously 4k queue just now... still waiting to enter the game...

Szalord

Post by Szalord » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:24 am

Yirman wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:39 pm
Hum ye mate i think this is big copium. The HC portion of the general turtle's playerbase is extremely small to begin with, so some of that community going to Blizzard servers would have close to no impact on the queues. Moreover, the Chinese portion of those HC players won't go to Blizzard servers either, because i don't even think they can.

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:12 am

Geojak wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:34 pm
Or make the server 0.5 exp as it was originally, slow and steady for everyone. Player numbers would fall and queues decrease. only true turtles remain.
+1