Stop suggesting tbc features

Shaman111

Stop suggesting tbc features

Post by Shaman111 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:34 pm

Or just go play tbc. Every suggestion thread is recommending putting tbc features or qol in the game

Ingameacc12345

Re: Stop suggesting tbc features

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:44 pm

Yeah that's mostly the case - 99% of suggestions boil down to "make the game easier/faster".

There is an occasional suggestion like "racial titles" which is actually good.

Bloodline1x9

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:00 pm

Probobly cuz TBC is the best PvP addon ever?

Classic WoW and TW are significant imbalance in pvp.
In Bloodring Arena everyone drinks potions and use engi.
There are only overbuffed feral druids and paladins on BG's.
The warrior is helpless shit. Perhaps two warriors will be able to kill a bear or paladin. Probobly, not sure.
One or two instant dots will kill you if you're not a heal class and don't start eating as fast as you can.
Last edited by Bloodline1x9 on Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:03 pm

go play it instead of littering the forum with your ideas to turn this into tbc? pvp was never the server priority and never will

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:06 pm

But tbc already exists. Turtle wow is supposed to be classic with a twist. That twist being just tbc skills is really lame. Because while it solves the vast majority of classics problems, it is a beaten path.

And it substantially changed how some classes are played. So while there is nothing wrong with tbc in general, its its own experience and it doesnt need to bleed into turtle just because it solves peoblems. There is more than one solution to classics problems.

And that itself begs the questions what even qualifies as a "problem" and what is just worldbuilding & flavor

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:08 pm

Finally, someone said it!
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Inovatu

Post by Inovatu » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:59 pm

yes how dare you putting tbc things into T-WoW
like Manaregg for the Group from Shadowpriests or Intervene for Warriors or Tree of Life!!!!!11111
not to mention the Zeppelins from OG to Thunderbluff, thats a Wotlk Feature, how dare you!

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:24 pm

Inovatu wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:59 pm
yes how dare you putting tbc things into T-WoW
like Manaregg for the Group from Shadowpriests or Intervene for Warriors or Tree of Life!!!!!11111
not to mention the Zeppelins from OG to Thunderbluff, thats a Wotlk Feature, how dare you!
One random feature is backported.

"Shit guys, we now need to introduce garrisons".

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:02 pm

Just to play devils advocate… there are a lot of good features added in future expansions. TurtleWoW does want to be unique with the content they add, but they don’t need to purposefully avoid content added in future expansions.

Just imagine back prior to them adding goblins to the horde. Imagine forum posts suggesting that goblins be added to the horde and then people saying GO PLAY CATACLYSM!

One of the best things about VanillaPlus servers is you can take the best of future expansions and cut the bullshit.

Inovatu

Post by Inovatu » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:09 pm

Whalemilk wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:02 pm
Just to play devils advocate… there are a lot of good features added in future expansions. TurtleWoW does want to be unique with the content they add, but they don’t need to purposefully avoid content added in future expansions.

Just imagine back prior to them adding goblins to the horde. Imagine forum posts suggesting that goblins be added to the horde and then people saying GO PLAY CATACLYSM!

One of the best things about VanillaPlus servers is you can take the best of future expansions and cut the bullshit.
True

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:18 pm

better get rid of oranges and soulwells too

Wafflecrusher

Post by Wafflecrusher » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:29 pm

I think the spirit of this post is to avoid any changes that take away the vanilla-ness of turtle wow.

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:38 pm

I think it is wrong to deny feature just because it was introduced in later patches.

For example TBC introduced item level requirement for enchants. So you can't enchant low level toon with outland stuff. And it is good. One exception was patch for pants, but it was complete fault.
Level requirement should be on every enchant in the game. 19 lvl players should not be enchanted like they are going to clear naxx.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Vanga

Post by Vanga » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:51 pm

Shaman111 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:34 pm
Or just go play tbc. Every suggestion thread is recommending putting tbc features or qol in the game
Just out of curiosity, can you elaborate on witch changes and qol you wouldn't want in the game ?

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:25 am

Xudo wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:38 pm
I think it is wrong to deny feature just because it was introduced in later patches.

For example TBC introduced item level requirement for enchants. So you can't enchant low level toon with outland stuff. And it is good. One exception was patch for pants, but it was complete fault.
Level requirement should be on every enchant in the game. 19 lvl players should not be enchanted like they are going to clear naxx.
Why cant they be?
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Huma

Post by Huma » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:46 am

for example every vanilla server has TBC combo point system, dumbfucks like you that never played private servers dont know what most succesfull vanilla server has many TBC features

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:52 am

Huma wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:46 am
for example every vanilla server has TBC combo point system, dumbfucks like you that never played private servers dont know what most succesfull vanilla server has many TBC features
What's stopping u from playing all those successful vanilla servers?
Why are u still here?
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:06 pm

If you want to see something in the game you may as well suggest it. If it’s a good idea, maybe it will make it into the game. Server already has some features from TBC and later expansions, so it’s not that out there to ask for others.

Huma

Post by Huma » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:22 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:52 am
Huma wrote:
Why are u still here?
i think you are just dumb at this point xD every vanilla server has tbc combo system because without it druid and rogue are both a trash classes

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:53 pm

Huma wrote:
you have to go back to playing them
Wafflecrusher wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:29 pm
I think the spirit of this post is to avoid any changes that take away the vanilla-ness of turtle wow.
well put

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:14 pm

Huma wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:22 pm
Darktifa wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:52 am
Huma wrote:
Why are u still here?
i think you are just dumb at this point xD every vanilla server has tbc combo system because without it druid and rogue are both a trash classes
I don't even need to explain why this take is nonsense, do I? I mean, sure, I'm all for combo point swapping, but a claim as heavy handed as calling something a "trash class" and your only reasoning being a single mechanic is... Not a very sound argument.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:34 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:14 pm
I don't even need to explain why this take is nonsense, do I? I mean, sure, I'm all for combo point swapping, but a claim as heavy handed as calling something a "trash class" and your only reasoning being a single mechanic is... Not a very sound argument.

Careful there, Bigsmerf. Don't second guess his authority on this issue. After all, he invoked the potent "xD" of internet credibility.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:35 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:34 pm
Bigsmerf wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:14 pm

Careful there, Bigsmerf. Don't second guess his authority on this issue. After all, he invoked the potent "xD" of internet credibility.
Ah, then I suppose my opinion is no longer valid. I will retract my input and keep silent and allow the professionals to take over.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:22 am

Charanko wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:25 am
Xudo wrote:
19 lvl players should not be enchanted like they are going to clear naxx.
Why cant they be?
Why enchanting high level stuff on low level characters is bad?

First of all, low level enchanting services and economy. Noone needs low level enchants because they can enchant high-level stuff. You level enchanting by services which noone uses. During leveling you just waste your money to it. On high level you have to spend some time to farm reputations. And even then there is Lexie, which enchants almost everything practically for free (if you bring your own materials).

Second - it is literally pay to win on low level battlegrounds. Everyone have to enchant their character to have any chances on low level battlegrounds. Not every player have luxury to do so. So they don't join battlegrounds even if they want to.
I think that PvP players should not be obligated to level one character to 60 on quests to farm gold and only then have some fun on level 19.
Have fun not only at 60.

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:38 pm

Xudo wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:22 am
Charanko wrote:
Xudo wrote:
19 lvl players should not be enchanted like they are going to clear naxx.
Why cant they be?

First of all, low level enchanting services and economy. Noone needs low level enchants because they can enchant high-level stuff. You level enchanting by services which noone uses. During leveling you just waste your money to it. On high level you have to spend some time to farm reputations. And even then there is Lexie, which enchants almost everything practically for free (if you bring your own materials).

Second - it is literally pay to win on low level battlegrounds. Everyone have to enchant their character to have any chances on low level battlegrounds. Not every player have luxury to do so. So they don't join battlegrounds even if they want to.
I think that PvP players should not be obligated to level one character to 60 on quests to farm gold and only then have some fun on level 19.
How is it pay to win; if you are not paying money for it?
Is it also pay to win your lvl 60 friend boosts your low level toon in DM and Wc?
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Sinrek
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Sinrek » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:59 pm

Charanko wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:38 pm
Xudo wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:22 am
Charanko wrote:

Why cant they be?

How is it pay to win; if you are not paying money for it?
Is it also pay to win your lvl 60 friend boosts your low level toon in DM and Wc?
Maybe that's the reason why they ban for GDKP? turtle_tongue
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:20 am

I can't think of any TBC changes that will make Vanilla better.

TBC was the beginning of the death of WoW. WoTLK only killed it. The only changes TBC has that makes it different from Vanilla are just retarded ones. Like flying, easier gameplay and other things that make the game easier to play for little, entitled and retarded kids who were in 2006 autistically screeching on the official forums that the game is not easy enough due to their severe retardation.

What Turtle WoW needs is more horizontal content, even as far as adding new alternative level 1-10, 10-20, 20-30 starting zones for more variety. New level 40-50, 50-60 zones. More class changes that makes alternative builds more fun and interesting.

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:57 am

100% agree with OP and the other vanilla enjoyers.
If you want to play TBC, which is a watered down version of vanilla, go play TBC.
Please don't transform a vanilla+ server into a TBC server.

TBC is the actual beginning of retail design philosophy :
- everything is quicker
- leveling is easier
- mana regen is automatic
- there are non-immersive "difficulties" for dungeons which is inelegant AF.
- invention of flying mounts
- new little map which depopulates Azeroth
- only vertical progression which makes 95% of content dead

TBC is the starting point of WoW's decline in design to a zoom-zoom-diablo-like solo game. It shrinks the game into a little island and few content (like all extensions after this one will too, copying the error of TBC).

Without a real leveling experience, without time to enjoy it, and with only a few dungeons and raids, players then cry "there is nothing to do I'm raid logging!"... because they asked to remove the actual game (slow leveling and the world of Azeroth).
Main: Whitemare

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:34 pm

Lahire wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:57 am

These are the worst things to happen to the game.

For me flying mounts is the worst thing any MMORPG can have. It only makes sense in games about airplanes or spaceships. When you add flying mounts it makes the world feel smaller and deader, people don't have to learn the map or to avoid dangerous mobs, now they can fly in a straight line from point A to point B like the complete imbeciles they are and not worry about anything.

The new continents they add in expansions really are horrible. What Turtle WoW is doing by adding new zones to the two existing continents is much better. That's how the official game should have went with this.

Vertical progression and people constantly whining "there is nothing new for me to do" is another result of the dumbing-down of WoW that started in TBC and continued in WoTLK. People need something "new" to do in order to feel a reason to play the game.

I've been leveling characters in Vanilla from 1 to 60 since 2006, then a brief break until 2013 when I was playing TBC and WoTLK, because they were the newest fad and I was a stupid kid, then in 2013 up to 2023, I've been only playing Vanilla and just enjoying leveling characters from 1 to 60.

If people can't find fun in that, then they really can't appreciate the game and should just play on the Activision Retail or some private server with some lame expansion post Vanilla that is really dumbed-down, imbecilic and perfect for them.

Wilsonsds

Post by Wilsonsds » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:51 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:34 pm
Lahire wrote:

For me flying mounts is the worst thing any MMORPG can have. It only makes sense in games about airplanes or spaceships. When you add flying mounts it makes the world feel smaller and deader, people don't have to learn the map or to avoid dangerous mobs, now they can fly in a straight line from point A to point B like the complete imbeciles they are and not worry about anything.

The new continents they add in expansions really are horrible. What Turtle WoW is doing by adding new zones to the two existing continents is much better. That's how the official game should have went with this.

Vertical progression and people constantly whining "there is nothing new for me to do" is another result of the dumbing-down of WoW that started in TBC and continued in WoTLK. People need something "new" to do in order to feel a reason to play the game.

I've been leveling characters in Vanilla from 1 to 60 since 2006, then a brief break until 2013 when I was playing TBC and WoTLK, because they were the newest fad and I was a stupid kid, then in 2013 up to 2023, I've been only playing Vanilla and just enjoying leveling characters from 1 to 60.

If people can't find fun in that, then they really can't appreciate the game and should just play on the Activision Retail or some private server with some lame expansion post Vanilla that is really dumbed-down, imbecilic and perfect for them.
Cant agree more,

Twow has to follow its own ideas, if we keed adding retail ideas this server will become retail.

Well the problens vanila has were already adressed, but now everthing has envolved, and the solutions made back (previous wow expansions) then are not optimal anymore.
Schala (Priest - Holy)
Lusiena (Warrior - Prot)
Lyane (Rogue - Combat)
Fellem (Hunter - Marks)
Lustrazalux (Mage - Frost)
Gondwana (Warlock - Demo)
Esmeralden (Druid - Resto)
Aldebaran (Shaman - Ele)
Almandinite (Pally - Prot)

Inovatu

Post by Inovatu » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:53 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:34 pm
Lahire wrote:

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:14 pm

Wilsonsds wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:51 pm

Cant agree more,

Twow has to follow its own ideas, if we keed adding retail ideas this server will become retail.

Well the problens vanila has were already adressed, but now everthing has evolved, and the solutions made back (previous wow expansions) then are not optimal anymore.
The so-called solutions from back then were basically to dumb the game down so more stupid kids who came from dumb games like Halo or Call of Duty can play WoW too without feeling too stupid. That's why a lot of previously aggressive mobs were later changed to neutral, players got stronger, mobs got weaker, players got faster, mobs got slower, kiting for Hunters, Mages and other classes became a piece of cake.

Classes became dumbed-down later too, Hunter for example became the most dumbed-down class ever - in TBC and WoTLK, pet happiness got nerfed so it doesn't require you to feed your pet too much. In CATA they removed ammunition and replaced Mana with Focus and I think in MISTS they removed minimal range altogether, which allowed you to shoot at point blank, which is also retarded.

That's why they added flying mounts too - to inspire awe into the simpletons. I remember that and I was awestruck as well being a 15 year old retard at the time (now I've gotten older, learned some lessons and am proud to say I'm slightly less retarded). I wanted to play the newest version of WoW not because I knew exactly what features I wanted, only because it was new and the fad. The first private servers that got TBC or WoTLK, I jumped on them.

The end result is they destroyed a cool, semi-old school game for money and the fact that they launched Classic is living proof of their stupid decisions for what has become of Retail.

So far Turtle WoW is doing very well in terms of adding new content, hopefully the influx of new players lately has boosted their income so they can hire more help and develop content faster.

Inovatu wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:53 pm
ROFLMAO Go hide somwhere.

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:32 pm

What we have to remember and fear about is that almost all the dumb ideas which produced retail were actually asked for by the players in 2005/2006.

Players are often misguided.
Main: Whitemare

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:22 am

Lahire wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:32 pm
What we have to remember and fear about is that almost all the dumb ideas which produced retail were actually asked for by the players in 2005/2006.

Players are often misguided.
Yeah and Activision being greedy did it to cater to those players, they ruined their game to make some rich idiots happy.

This has happened with other MMORPGs too - ESO was dumbed-down because of the whiny imbeciles that play it, LOTRO was dumbed-down because of the whiny imbeciles that play it. I haven't really played many other MMORPGs as extensively as WoW, ESO and LOTRO so I don't know of other examples where this has happened.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:25 am

I am really interested to know what features are acceptable to suggest then. If TBC was "beginning of the end". Good old #nochanges?
Have fun not only at 60.