New Speedy Item - Role Play Effects Pack

Gifted

New Speedy Item - Role Play Effects Pack

Post by Gifted » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:19 pm

During the Blackwing Lair raid this weekend we were trying to explain a boss fight and someone mentioned how great it would be if we had smoke flares to mark positions with. Obviously we have hunter flares, but none of the raid leaders are hunters and it's not always easy to explain where you want the flare positioned.

I looked through the vanilla database and found Elder's Moonstone and Elune Stone as possible alternatives to smoke flares to mark positions for boss fights during raids. Is there a way these might become accessible other than the annual event?

I'd be willing to buy a stack off Speedy if it became an option. Perhaps as a Role Play Effects Pack of items that create interesting visual effects but don't impact gameplay (like fireworks, etc...)? Maybe they can be worked in as part of an RP event at some point in the future? Obviously we'll be farming these items during the event this year...

I don't know if smoke flares exist in vanilla and just aren't turned on like some other features? Maybe there's some other item that already exists and could serve this purpose that I'm not aware of?

This is a VERY minor request. It would be convenient for raiding. Please don't waste a lot of developer time on this.

~Gifted

Pfwg

Re: New Speedy Item - Role Play Effects Pack

Post by Pfwg » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:30 pm

This would be super helpful.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Gifted."

Sinrek
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Sinrek » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:28 pm

Repeatable quest once per week to get a stack of those Moonstones for certain amount of materials?
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:37 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:28 pm
Repeatable quest once per week to get a stack of those Moonstones for certain amount of materials?
I'd even trade Mooncloth for them if it helps with RP...

~Gifted

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:18 pm

Can do something like this on the next updates :)