Сharacter death due to server crash

Broccoli

Сharacter death due to server crash

Post by Broccoli » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:45 pm

Please restore the character due to a server crash.
I was swimming underwater and the server crashed. I could not even go to the forum right away, everything was lying around tightly.

Vladiator

Re: Сharacter death due to server crash

Post by Vladiator » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:55 pm

Yeah same

Eugene1

Post by Eugene1 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:58 pm

i lost my HC char due to the lag spike... :( what should i do

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:34 am

Better luck on your next rolls, friends. Your perseverance will grant you divinity.

Sc4rfac31

Post by Sc4rfac31 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:45 am

If getting to 60 as a hardcore after server crashes is dealt like that then hardcore is an achievement of luck and nothing else. Hoping that the server wont go down while swimming, running through a relatively safe road or farming greens. But yeah better luck next time

Broccoli

Post by Broccoli » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:59 am

this is a spit in the face of the players, why in such cases the server does not roll back? In hardcore rules, be more specific about server crashes on your side.
While this is not indicated there, I am waiting for specific arguments on how you will justify the death of a character who has not violated the rules of the challenge.

Icewind

Post by Icewind » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:17 am

it is unacceptable die for this reason.

Jeffjurgonski

Post by Jeffjurgonski » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:23 am

I also lost my character due to lag spike. I was not in combat when i was disconnected at the time, but when I logged in I was dead. What should I do about this it happened before you posted the server going down.

Maxstaine

Post by Maxstaine » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:30 am

Also lost my char to the host outage without warning. No time for logout or teleport.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:35 am

Broccoli wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:59 am
In hardcore rules, be more specific about server crashes on your side.
Icewind wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:17 am
it is unacceptable die for this reason.
viewtopic.php?t=1636

If you don't agree to the terms outlined very clearly here that a HC will never ever be revived even if the server staff came to your house, put a gun to your head, and forced you to drown or be shot, then don't play hardcore. It's that simple.

None of you are special. What makes you think you deserve special treatment over the 100s if not 1000s of HCs who have died to lag or a bug or a lack of knowledge or A or B or C or X or Y or Z? Get over it and move on. Make another HC. Stop playing HC. Pout and quit playing on the server. Whatever one of those choices you make, it's your choice and the staff isn't going to fall to their knees and make an exception for you so that you won't quit. You aren't owed anything by playing here.

Jeffjurgonski

Post by Jeffjurgonski » Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:21 am

That is fine and everything but when my friends character died to a disconnect her character was restored how does this make it any different? They rolled back 10 minutes to restore all the characters on turtle server and this was just a couple of weeks ago.

Fizzler
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Fizzler » Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:23 am

Please do not resurrect these HC players. I like seeing them squirm here.
Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Allie - Human Warrior 60

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:24 am

You're looking at it with the wrong mindset. They didn't roll back the entire server specifically for HCs. They rolled back the entire server due to a catastrophic issue, and HCs just so happened to benefit from it.

Looking at it another way, they rolled back the server for softcores, and HC players should consider themselves lucky they got this miracle. If Staff could, they probably would have manually deleted all the HC characters who shouldn't have been restored.

In case you STILL aren't getting it, Staff is willing to make concessions for softcore players because those are the characters whose progress and time are considered most valuable. HC players signed a contract waiving their privilege to complain. Yet here you all are, still complaining, violating the terms of the contract.
Last edited by Redmagejoe on Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Akalix » Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:24 am

Jeffjurgonski wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:21 am
That is fine and everything but when my friends character died to a disconnect her character was restored how does this make it any different? They rolled back 10 minutes to restore all the characters on turtle server and this was just a couple of weeks ago.
This is not why we rolled back.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:28 am

Can we make a new rule for hardcore? Make it an actual contract? Here, I'll pen it for you.
When you make a hardcore character, you do so at your own risk. You waive your privilege to contest, complain, debate, or otherwise discuss the terms of your hardcore character's death. Failure to adhere to these terms will result in your account being permanently banned from our services.

Fizzler

Post by Fizzler » Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:35 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:28 am
Can we make a new rule for hardcore? Make it an actual contract? Here, I'll pen it for you.
When you make a hardcore character, you do so at your own risk. You waive your privilege to contest, complain, debate, or otherwise discuss the terms of your hardcore character's death. Failure to adhere to these terms will result in your account being permanently banned from our services.
great idea. i don't have to see revive beggars in the streets.
Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Allie - Human Warrior 60

Vladiator

Post by Vladiator » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:19 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sounds like a guy who didn't lose his character due to a server crash right here

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:35 am

Vladiator wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:19 am
Redmagejoe wrote:
Sounds like a guy who didn't lose his character due to a server crash right here
Rather sounds like someone with a spine who can read.

Somni

Post by Somni » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:55 am

Sorry childs. You would probably be interested in the “non-hc” or “normal wow” mode. It is replica of the same game you have been playing, Hardcore WoW, but you will have unlimited lifetimes. It exists so that the newbie can experience the game too.

Broccoli

Post by Broccoli » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:22 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
write in the rules that you must definitely pray that the server does not crash. So I will know that this is not a challenge, but a regular lottery.

Vladiator

Post by Vladiator » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:27 am

Ingameacc12345 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:35 am
Vladiator wrote:
Redmagejoe wrote:

Oh look another guy who didn't lose his character to the server crashing

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:34 am

Vladiator wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:27 am
Ingameacc12345 wrote:
Vladiator wrote:

Oh look! Another one who... i don't know. just wanted to dive into the flow and write another pointless oneliner. turtle_tongue

Kissoncheg

Post by Kissoncheg » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:36 am

We're saying the character didn't die, it went into the stats
https://hswowturtle.com/

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:52 am

Vladiator wrote:
Ingameacc12345 wrote:
Vladiator wrote:

Oh look, another guy who thinks he can gain pity from people who actually pay attention to the rules...
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Vladiator

Post by Vladiator » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:59 am

Bigsmerf wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:52 am
Vladiator wrote:
Ingameacc12345 wrote:

Oh look, another guy who thinks he can gain pity from people who actually pay attention to the rules...
Not looking for pity, friend, I'm just salty. Lost a character to a DC on my end, my fault. Lost another one alt tabbed AFK, was also my fault. This? Full of salt dead_turtle_head

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:05 am

You're right, I didn't lose a character to a server crash. Do you know why? Because I don't play hardcore. Do you know why? Because I read the rules completely, I fully understood them, I ran through every conceivable thing that could go wrong within and outside of my control, and I said:

"No, I do not accept these terms, and therefore, I will not use the service." Because that's what logical, grown-ass adults do. They make decisions based on complete and total understanding of the criteria. I decided I didn't want that stress playing a video game that I play to DE-stress, so I don't play hardcore. You should think about doing the same.

Hardcore is accessible to anyone, but it is DESIGNED for the very small minority of people who have a particular mindset. That mindset is "My character died. Dozens of hours are gone. Alright, let's go again!" They do exist, I've met a few of them. You're too weak for HC. Quit playing it.

inb4 "ur gatekeeping"
Yeah, I am. Fucking do something about it.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:21 am

Vladiator wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:59 am
Bigsmerf wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:52 am
Vladiator wrote:

Not looking for pity, friend, I'm just salty. Lost a character to a DC on my end, my fault. Lost another one alt tabbed AFK, was also my fault. This? Full of salt dead_turtle_head
Well, at the very least, you're honest. Either way, I hope you have better luck if you decide to run again.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Hctwowfan

Post by Hctwowfan » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:25 am

Broccoli wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:22 am
write in the rules that you must definitely pray that the server does not crash. So I will know that this is not a challenge, but a regular lottery.
If you had taken the time to actually read and understood the terms, that would have already been crystal clear.
Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:05 am
You're right, I didn't lose a character to a server crash. Do you know why? Because I don't play hardcore. Do you know why? Because I read the rules completely, I fully understood them, I ran through every conceivable thing that could go wrong within and outside of my control, and I said:

"No, I do not accept these terms, and therefore, I will not use the service." Because that's what logical, grown-ass adults do. They make decisions based on complete and total understanding of the criteria. I decided I didn't want that stress playing a video game that I play to DE-stress, so I don't play hardcore. You should think about doing the same.

Hardcore is accessible to anyone, but it is DESIGNED for the very small minority of people who have a particular mindset. That mindset is "My character died. Dozens of hours are gone. Alright, let's go again!" They do exist, I've met a few of them. You're too weak for HC. Quit playing it.
Couldn't agree more. And before anyone's asking, yes I have lost toons to things outside of my control, one of em was a lvl 53 rogue that died due to a power outage. It is what it is. If you need time to cope with your 'loss', this is NOT the right game mode for you.
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Hazaru Oronil Lenymo

Vladiator

Post by Vladiator » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:27 am

Redmagejoe wrote:

inb4 "ur gatekeeping"
Yeah, I am. Fucking do something about it.
lol

Already made another one pal happy_turtle_head

Broccoli

Post by Broccoli » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:09 pm

Hctwowfan wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:25 am
Broccoli wrote:
If you had taken the time to actually read and understood the terms, that would have already been crystal clear.

The rules are written rather vaguely, I regard this as a connection problem on my part. It is necessary to indicate point by point that the broken connection can be both from side A and from side B.
It's not a problem for me to level a character with one life at all, but I want to make sure that the server is stable.

Broccoli

Post by Broccoli » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:12 pm

Hctwowfan wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:25 am
Broccoli wrote:
Redmagejoe wrote:

Couldn't agree more. And before anyone's asking, yes I have lost toons to things outside of my control, one of em was a lvl 53 rogue that died due to a power outage. It is what it is. If you need time to cope with your 'loss', this is NOT the right game mode for you.

The rules are written rather vaguely, I regard this as a connection problem on my part. It is necessary to indicate point by point that the broken connection can be both from side A and from side B.
It's not a problem for me to level a character with one life at all, but I want to make sure that the server is stable.

Kiersteadmo

Post by Kiersteadmo » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:46 pm

Akalix wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:24 am
Jeffjurgonski wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:21 am
This is not why we rolled back.
But you rolled it back...Hence saving HC chars....But when server causes deaths it is another story... I think you need to rethink thee HC server crash death thing.. Luck is a huge part of it now, takes away from HC players to be honest

Kiersteadmo

Post by Kiersteadmo » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:47 pm

Our hosting provider is experiencing connection outages. If you are playing in Hardcore mode, please log out in a safe spot and refrain from logging back in until further notice. The expected downtime or time-frame of instability is until 13/07 01:00 UTC!

From Torta on the forums.... Did they get that message in game?

Broccoli

Post by Broccoli » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:44 pm

Kiersteadmo wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:47 pm
Our hosting provider is experiencing connection outages. If you are playing in Hardcore mode, please log out in a safe spot and refrain from logging back in until further notice. The expected downtime or time-frame of instability is until 13/07 01:00 UTC!

No

Kiersteadmo

Post by Kiersteadmo » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:53 pm

Broccoli wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:44 pm
Kiersteadmo wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:47 pm

No

Maybe they can start adding the messages in game