Raid bosses and loot tables

Durnbrok

Raid bosses and loot tables

Post by Durnbrok » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:47 am

I really like the idea and mechanics of Snowball and Turtlhu its extra end game content,
and who doesnt like extra content? satisfied_turtle_head

Having high lvl purple and blue boes drop from Turtlhu just like snowball(or possibly custom loot)
would encourage us to do all the other open world raid bosses,while also filling up the shortage of world drop epics,i know right now we cant do them due to the lack of needed raiders but we gotta take it slow shouldnt we?
Ret pally best pally!

Withinamnesia

Re: Raid bosses and loot tables

Post by Withinamnesia » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:39 am

It would help if Turtlhu dropped epic crafting recipes with at least one dropping per kill with at least 15% drop chance for each pre-raid world drop crafted epic per kill! We need to get the raiders proper pre-raid gear so we can have less meme builds due to a lack of pre-raid epic crafted gear entering Bwl XD.

Also go Zug'Mug the Bashinator! XD viewtopic.php?f=14&t=883
Go Silithus Sustainable Summonable 10-man bosses! viewtopic.php?f=14&t=922

Right now people used win trading to get good gear for they could not raid. We need more crafted epics as well and some new pre-raid hit gear would be a great start to get more random twow players the extra boost to raid properly. We can do it!XD viewtopic.php?f=14&t=917

Durnbrok

Post by Durnbrok » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:02 pm

I guess i hadnt made myself clear about my idea..
The idea about epic/rare world drops from those 2 specific bosses is because(as you said the recipes)
and to get pre raid bis items like sash of mercy,elemental attuned blade,krol blade and items of that sort so we can fill those pre raid dps/tanking/healing suits etc for our new raiders. Better to have newcomers in boe epics than random greens from questing/world drops,after all it makes raiding overal efficient.
Ret pally best pally!

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:34 am

That in my oppinion will lead to new people running even less dungeons to equip themselves for raids. If they are 90% green they shouldnt come to the raid at all.

Durnbrok

Post by Durnbrok » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am

I dont think that would be the case necessarily,for example there are still good pre-raid pieces like savage gladiator chain,ironfoe or painweaver band just to name a few.
Im just saying blue/purple boes would help any new raiders get better gear once they start grinding for those pre-raid suits,after all turtlhu isnt that hard,atleast if you compare it to snowball so i dont think having newcomers in those raids(which happen like 1 a week) would be an issue or anything.
Ret pally best pally!

Withinamnesia

Post by Withinamnesia » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:46 am

Boe epics should be rare drops in raids sure (like in MC).

20-man and 40-man world bosses could drop extra boe gear with some epics sure.

The bog standard raid bosses drop very few items as is (like 3-5 for 40 people lol) so an extra loot pool for pre-raid recipes and another extra boe epics and blues would not kill the world lol.

Extra Loot Pool One: Pre-raid world drop recipes (always get one per kill from a pool of ~15 pre-raid recipes)

Extra Loot Pool Two: Level 50-60 world drop boe blues and epics
(with each item having the same weight so with less world drop epics than blues more blue boe would drop: level 50-60 ~40 blues vs. ~15 epics)

Extra boss drops for world bosses is good for in TBC blizzard doubled the loot per player in raid for they removed 40 man groups and kept the drop tables the same.

4 items for 40 players (Classic) is 1 in 10 players can get a boss drop.
4 items for 20 player (TBC) is 1 in 5 players can get a boss drop.
Simple math XD.

Also from my own experience raiding till the very end of vanilla (I have seen it all x.x) I killed KT 63+1 times on Kronos. The boss was 'easy' but getting bis items with 5 boss drops per week with ~60 raiders in the guild was brutal. It took 18 months to get Gressil for myself (~40% of Kronos pop is warriors) and I was within the top 10 warriors on the server when I got it; 12 months of straight unbroken at the end of naxx.

Also with raid trash farming gear: world bosses are not like super raid bosses but nice things to do with your friends and guildies. More loot woooo! XD

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:18 pm

I'm opposed to increasing loot drops above Blizz-like rates.

Reason #1 - This is Turtle WoW. The goal shouldn't be to 'speed up' anything. Players joined this server knowing it has a slow-and-steady pace and a very relaxed raiding community to it that no other private server strives for. I like it a lot and so do several other players here.

Reason #2 - In a way, the extra world bosses (Turtle, Snowball) already provide you with relatively easy opportunities for extra raid loot. I don't think we should be advocating for MORE opportunities for raid loot.

Reason #3 - Some players stop raiding when they get 'their' loot. We already have raiders skipping Molten Core raids because, and I quote, "There's nothing in it for me."

If you want BiS pre-raid gear that's what 5/10 man content is for. I have to agree with Chlothar here. If we make it even easier for players to get gear outside of 5/10 man content then players will stop running 5/10 man content, which is already a problem depending on time-of-day you play.

~Gifted

Durnbrok

Post by Durnbrok » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:15 pm

Gifted wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:18 pm
I'm opposed to increasing loot drops above Blizz-like rates.

Reason #1 - This is Turtle WoW. The goal shouldn't be to 'speed up' anything. Players joined this server knowing it has a slow-and-steady pace and a very relaxed raiding community to it that no other private server strives for. I like it a lot and so do several other players here.

Reason #2 - In a way, the extra world bosses (Turtle, Snowball) already provide you with relatively easy opportunities for extra raid loot. I don't think we should be advocating for MORE opportunities for raid loot.

Reason #3 - Some players stop raiding when they get 'their' loot. We already have raiders skipping Molten Core raids because, and I quote, "There's nothing in it for me."

If you want BiS pre-raid gear that's what 5/10 man content is for. I have to agree with Chlothar here. If we make it even easier for players to get gear outside of 5/10 man content then players will stop running 5/10 man content, which is already a problem depending on time-of-day you play.

~Gifted
It has nothing to do with speeding up the proccess nor slowing it down. Changin the loot table for turtlhu(to be like the loot table of snowball) only helps the raid,having a chance to drop stuff like lionheart and otehr craftables/recipes,while also having a chance to drop a random boe that might be pre raid bis,what turtlhu drops is RAID items not pre raid(raid gear that alot of raiders might already have and as you said might not interest them).
It doesnt descourage people from doing 5 mans or 10 mans(im still looking for a strath and ubrs group),cause there are pieces that are better than some raiding pieces.
Ret pally best pally!

Withinamnesia

Post by Withinamnesia » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:12 pm

Making the loot super slow will kill the server. Vanilla drop rates and amount of items are crap XD. I've seen it all in vanilla and it sucks XD. Yeah let's make the average bastard who works 2 jobs take a YEAR AND HALF (18 months) to get bis. In one raid.

Like god damn, 6 months in one raid should get all the items (that is 24 raid clears). I don't want to be a cunt to my player base for my games and I'm not locking gear behind a 4 hour boss smash and have a 15% drop chance for FOURTY players and drop 3-4 items per boss. They did away with sweat shop drop rates in TBC for they suck HARD. REAL HARD, SUPER HARD XD. 18 months hard reee. Kill me gressil stole my soul fuuuuu!!!! *Naxx flash backs* AHHHHH XD

We are not trying to drip feed our playerbase (sure hope not XD!). Have mercy on their poor turtle hearts! They are only baby turtles who almost never raided before XD.

More raid items! More reward for the effort. Farming bosses week after week sucks. Farming old bosses week after week sucks. Let us pull up our dev socks, make new raid bosses (even world bosses) and make new raid items and dazzle players with too many options to pick and make a great server.

We need hit gear, We need dps plate, we need proper item budget (lol spirit sucks XD), we need cool mounts, we need new dungeons, new raids! We can do it but we got to produce and make a cornucopia of options.

Adding new items is not hard, adding new npcs is not hard, we can do these things. Even if we added in 10 more world bosses from 10 and 20 and 40 man brackets; raging success!

10 MORE WORLD BOSSES; LET'S GOOOO WOOOO MORE BOSSES MORE LOOT YAY XD!

Come to turtle wow and experience new content, GOOD content (not chinsy content lol) and fight raids exclusive to Turtle WoW! Would that not be amazing? It would help get new players XD.

All of these community events with bosses (like the tanaris silithid one) make it drop loot, give it mechanics; listen to the community. All of this can be done. Or we can drip feed 15 year old content and hoard the items like an over attached girlfriend worried about her boyfriend leaving her; just leave. Life is meant to be lived, games are meant to be played and have fun.

Hell we can add new items to old bosses? That would be cool. Get those bastards dropping 10 items per kill with 40 items in the pool XD. It sucks raiding and no one gets loot.

Make the bis items hard to get but make the entry level crap (MC stuff) easy as long as you kill the boss and have fun what is bad? It sure beats win trading in the arena because we cant raid properly and get dps gear from bwl, aq40 aq20 and naxx XD.

Go big! MASSIVE TURTLE! OMEGA TURTLE!

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:24 pm

Withinamnesia wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:12 pm
Making the loot super slow will kill the server.
It's been vanilla drop rates since day one and the server keeps growing...
Withinamnesia wrote:
Vanilla drop rates and amount of items are crap XD. I've seen it all in vanilla and it sucks XD.
Then why are you here?!? Look, every one of your posts is a request to change Turtle WoW to be faster/easier.

Here’s some examples:
  • Increase drop rates for an item (Lionheart Helm Plans)
  • Change BoP items to BoE (Skin of Shadow)
  • Increase loot drop rates (bosses, rares)
  • Repeatable class quests (Sunken Temple)
  • Bosses dropping tokens for reputation/crafting/etc…
Literally every other private wow server out there is faster/easier than this one. Want increased XP rates? There's a server for that. Want instant 60s? There's a server for that. Want to buy raid gear from a vendor? There's a server for that. Why would you join a server that you yourself claims 'sucks' and then expect them to change everything to satisfy you?
Withinamnesia wrote:
...listen to the community.
They have. That's why this server is slow and steady...

~Gifted

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:54 pm

Gifted wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:24 pm
Withinamnesia wrote:
Making the loot super slow will kill the server.
It's been vanilla drop rates since day one and the server keeps growing...
Withinamnesia wrote:
Vanilla drop rates and amount of items are crap XD. I've seen it all in vanilla and it sucks XD.
Then why are you here?!? Look, every one of your posts is a request to change Turtle WoW to be faster/easier.

Here’s some examples:
  • Increase drop rates for an item (Lionheart Helm Plans)
  • Change BoP items to BoE (Skin of Shadow)
  • Increase loot drop rates (bosses, rares)
  • Repeatable class quests (Sunken Temple)
  • Bosses dropping tokens for reputation/crafting/etc…
Literally every other private wow server out there is faster/easier than this one. Want increased XP rates? There's a server for that. Want instant 60s? There's a server for that. Want to buy raid gear from a vendor? There's a server for that. Why would you join a server that you yourself claims 'sucks' and then expect them to change everything to satisfy you?
Withinamnesia wrote:
...listen to the community.
They have. That's why this server is slow and steady...

~Gifted
I completely agree with all of this.