2023 — May 3

Jamey

2023 — May 3

Post by Jamey » Wed May 03, 2023 12:59 am

• Improved RMT & bot detection.
  • Fixed a bug where some Prison Cell Keys weren't party-lootable.
  • Removed all Gold Vein spawns in Un'goro Crater.
  • The Battle of Darrowshire now works with crossfaction groups.
  • You will no longer gain experience from killing mobs if the teleport out of dungeon timer is active.
  • Fixed issues with Solenor the Slayer.
  • Guards should no longer aggro players in stealth when they sap another player.
  • Fixed issues with Purtle Tallstrider.
  • Fixed Kerlonian's Chest never respawning.
  • Fixed issues with The Annals of Darrowshire.
  • Fixed guards aggroing through Improved Sap.
  • Raised the minimum level to talk to level 10.
  • Fixed a bug where the talent Thunderhead allowed a Shaman to cast Lightning shields on low level targets.
  • Fixed various grammar issues in Tel'Abim objects and gossip texts.
  • Increased attack timers of some NPCs who use 2-handed weapons.
  • Fixed various auto-complete quests on Tel'Abim.

Item changes:

The next changes are revised changes from the previous changelog.
  • Flamewrath Leggings: 28 -> 18 Strength, 18 -> 25 Agility, Removed 1% Critical Chance.
  • Depthstalker Helm: Removed 1% Dodge and 3 MP5.

Keds

Re: 2023 — May 3

Post by Keds » Wed May 03, 2023 1:39 am

Really??? That is what you guys do with Thunderhead? This talent is ridiculous, please do something about enh shamans

Rat2156

Post by Rat2156 » Wed May 03, 2023 1:47 am

Keds wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:39 am
Really??? That is what you guys do with Thunderhead? This talent is ridiculous, please do something about enh shamans
This is clearly a minor patch, not a major update. Don't panic yet unhappy_turtle

Rokit

Post by Rokit » Wed May 03, 2023 2:15 am

Keds wrote:
I don't understand why this person is upset. Context?
Rokitt - High Elf Priest

Raffix

Post by Raffix » Wed May 03, 2023 4:20 am

Raised the minimum level to talk to level 10.
This is somewhat good with the increase of gold spammers lately, but why can't it be coded that people cannot talk in Say, General, whispers and mostly World, while being able to talk in group?

Also, I've often seen on other private servers an "Ignore" command from the drop-down menu when you right-click a name in chat. That would be fantastic to block spammers or anyone that annoys you. Make it happen please Turtle WoW devs and make sure that ignore list isn't limited in any way, you should be able to add as many on there as there are separate characters in existence.

Akalix
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Akalix » Wed May 03, 2023 4:44 am

There is a known issue causing crashes, however, the feature causing problems has been disabled pending a hotfix.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Wed May 03, 2023 4:52 am

Jamey wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 12:59 am
  • Raised the minimum level to talk to level 10.
This is permanent now, huh? Man, that's gonna kill a lot of "newcomer RP"… Like, all of it. It probably won't stop really determined gold spammers, either. Saw a "player" who was above Level 10 spamming just the other day. Maybe you should raise it to Level 20. turtle_tongue_head

Were it me, I'd just let players deal with it, themselves, as they do on Blizzard servers. That's what the /ignore command is for, among other things… right? It's your server, though, so…

Replies to Raffix (Under a Spoiler to keep the topic somewhat tidy.)
Raffix wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 4:20 am
This is somewhat good with the increase of gold spammers lately, but why can't it be coded that people cannot talk in Say, General, whispers and mostly World, while being able to talk in group?
Wait, really? Does this apply to parties, guilds, or both? If it applies to parties, I suppose this does kind of counteract my point about roleplaying at low levels… but instead of "world RP", it's "party RP". Not… my cup of tea, and emotes don't work in parties, but… alright.
Also, I've often seen on other private servers an "Ignore" command from the drop-down menu when you right-click a name in chat. That would be fantastic to block spammers or anyone that annoys you.
"/ignore playername" works in Vanilla. Opening the "Ignore" interface and shift-clicking names from the chat log also works. It's not exactly ideal, admittedly, but it's functional.
[…] and make sure that ignore list isn't limited in any way, you should be able to add as many on there as there are separate characters in existence.
There are a few AddOns that might be able to help with this. Some of them boast "infinite Ignore lists", though I haven't tested any of them, myself.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Flamingkey

Post by Flamingkey » Wed May 03, 2023 5:02 am

I understand the need to do something about spammers, but I agree with Jolikmc. This decision is going to kill basically all of low level RP and newcomer RP and considering Turtle advertises itself as a roleplaying server, I feel like this course of action is saying something. :(
"All Forsaken are Undead, but not all Undead are Forsaken."
Characters: Salienne Bontemps (Forsaken Mage)

Kuzz

Post by Kuzz » Wed May 03, 2023 6:20 am

Sapphiron Enchants fix when?

Ziggyw

Post by Ziggyw » Wed May 03, 2023 6:23 am

1. actually shellcoin advertisers are WAY MORE annoying then goldsellers - and cannot be blocked/ignored - having them (Horde example - Orgrimmar) in most trafficked place between bank and AH, flymaster and spawnpoint most often makes reading chat absolutely impossible
2. as said above - mute to lvl 10 on EVERY CHAT will kill newcomers communication
3. absolutely agree above will NOT SOLVE gold spammers problem
4. actually having a bank alt lvl 1 - whenever i'm trying to help someone asking questions or seeing something interesting in chat - have to note players name and relog to other char, have to admit most often i just ignore it then - which is really not helping newbies

all in all looks like (unsuccesful) attempts to get rid of gold sellers are making TWoW unfriendly for low lvl char communication, with some hypocrisy as shellcoin adverts spam

suggestions:
- allow lowbies to chat in /g /p at least
- allow either turn off shellcoin spammers or block/ignore them

Xerilin
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Xerilin » Wed May 03, 2023 7:13 am

Having to level up characters I have solely for helping my guild's role play to 10 just to be able to actually do just that kind of sucks. I get it about gold spammers, but it's still annoying...
Komm zur Geheimen Zuflucht (RP-Gilde)! Wir haben Zimtschnecken!

Alienne Xerilin Rubinai Irrwisch Mekhalani Flinks Kinrela Cavy

Andre612

Post by Andre612 » Wed May 03, 2023 7:33 am

Is the Drui set still BOP.
U said u would change that to BOE.

Geojak
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Geojak » Wed May 03, 2023 7:37 am

Please allow /party chat from lvl 1
This is very important
Gold sellers won't be able to abuse this. Whole actually players can actually communicate whole questing together.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Wed May 03, 2023 8:56 am

Geojak wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 7:37 am
This is very important
Gold sellers won't be able to abuse this. Whole actually players can actually communicate whole questing together.
They will spam grp invites if thats the waythey can get their message accross...

But is it maybe possible to set the chatrestriction to have at least one lvl10 char on the account? That makes it way less problematic for twinkers and hc people but still quite effwctive against

Huma

Post by Huma » Wed May 03, 2023 9:12 am

wake up this server its not a RP anymore, it was when there was 200 players, now is all about PVE and HC mode

Geojak
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Geojak » Wed May 03, 2023 10:47 am

Kairion wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 8:56 am
Geojak wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 7:37 am
This is very important
They will spam grp invites if thats the waythey can get their message accross...

But is it maybe possible to set the chatrestriction to have at least one lvl10 char on the account? That makes it way less problematic for twinkers and hc people but still quite effwctive against
Good idea!
There must be a better way than the current restrictions agaiant everyone

Cyborgjiro

Post by Cyborgjiro » Wed May 03, 2023 10:57 am

I did have moments on my way to lv 10 that I wanted to ask questions but couldn't but I dont mind it to stop some goldsellers

Grindplayertwo

Post by Grindplayertwo » Wed May 03, 2023 11:09 am

Already see gold seller spam at lvl 10 today
Maybe now make the restriction lvl at lvl 60 : problem solve.

People just need to download addon like SuperIgnore... better than raised again talking restriction...

Nifelly

Post by Nifelly » Wed May 03, 2023 5:27 pm

Ziggyw wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 6:23 am
1. actually shellcoin advertisers are WAY MORE annoying then goldsellers - and cannot be blocked/ignored - having them (Horde example - Orgrimmar) in most trafficked place between bank and AH, flymaster and spawnpoint most often makes reading chat absolutely impossible
2. as said above - mute to lvl 10 on EVERY CHAT will kill newcomers communication
3. absolutely agree above will NOT SOLVE gold spammers problem
4. actually having a bank alt lvl 1 - whenever i'm trying to help someone asking questions or seeing something interesting in chat - have to note players name and relog to other char, have to admit most often i just ignore it then - which is really not helping newbies

all in all looks like (unsuccesful) attempts to get rid of gold sellers are making TWoW unfriendly for low lvl char communication, with some hypocrisy as shellcoin adverts spam

suggestions:
- allow lowbies to chat in /g /p at least
- allow either turn off shellcoin spammers or block/ignore them
This.
The restriction to level 10 is punishing normal players while doing absolutely nothing to prevent gold sellers from advertising.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Wed May 03, 2023 8:04 pm

Rokit wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 2:15 am
Keds wrote:
The Talent is incredibly underwhelming as it is. It's an absolute no-choice, you just don't take it. The only saving grace (and that is stretching it) was to put it on low level guys to help them a little bit for the next 3 hits at least.

Now you can't even do that. The worst? It's a custom talent, they made it and it's utterly terrible.

Markuis

Post by Markuis » Thu May 04, 2023 8:03 am

I remember when I first joined the server. It was my first time playing vanilla, and it felt clunky. Luckily, I could ask for help about it, and so I stayed, even if I was about to leave.
There is important things to chat about at low levels. I hope the level 10 ban is something temporal until they find a less intrusive solution. BTW how viable would it be to end up banning the account of the people who benefit from the gold selling? I mean, the end account. That's what would hurt them the most.

Hamalam

Post by Hamalam » Thu May 04, 2023 10:24 pm

Really???? Level 10 requirement for chat? This is ridiculous. Atleast lower it to level 7/8, but level 10 is horrible.

I hope this gets changed very quickly, this is just insane, all because some people sell gold. If there's active moderators in the chat, why is it an issue a level 5 player is able to talk? Getting to level 10 can be a pain in the ass, sometimes you need to talk to someone while you're under level 10, this is quite saddening.

You guys really f*cked up with this one, this server is slowly losing it's charm anyways. I thought this was a roleplay server?
Greetings from Ham(da)(the)... (warr) (getter) (etc..)

GIT GUD

Set280

Post by Set280 » Fri May 05, 2023 5:06 pm

Grouping level 1-10 is one of my favorite things to do for RP purposes. Raising the requirement to talk to level 10 is a terrible idea. So many better ways to do it. Why not at least give the 1-10 players the ability to /party chat.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Fri May 05, 2023 5:10 pm

Hamalam wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 10:24 pm
Really???? Level 10 requirement for chat? This is ridiculous. Atleast lower it to level 7/8, but level 10 is horrible.

I hope this gets changed very quickly, this is just insane, all because some people sell gold. If there's active moderators in the chat, why is it an issue a level 5 player is able to talk? Getting to level 10 can be a pain in the ass, sometimes you need to talk to someone while you're under level 10, this is quite saddening.

You guys really f*cked up with this one, this server is slowly losing it's charm anyways. I thought this was a roleplay server?
The RP scene has pretty much been completely replaced by classic andys wanting the same feeling they felt playing vanilla. You'll have to ask around and get into a guild just to find things like weekly events.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Keds

Post by Keds » Fri May 05, 2023 6:36 pm

Rat2156 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:47 am
Keds wrote:
This is clearly a minor patch, not a major update. Don't panic yet unhappy_turtle
If they wasted their time and effort to fix this issues, probably means they don't intent in changing it.

Keds

Post by Keds » Fri May 05, 2023 6:38 pm

Rokit wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 2:15 am
Keds wrote:
If you go into the shaman forum you'll see what i'm talking about. literally 90% of the people I talked to ingame is currently not using this talent, and yet they decided to spend their time "nerfing" it even more.

Stinkyjames

Post by Stinkyjames » Sat May 06, 2023 4:36 am

Jamey wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 12:59 am

Item changes:

The next changes are revised changes from the previous changelog.
  • Flamewrath Leggings: 28 -> 18 Strength, 18 -> 25 Agility, Removed 1% Critical Chance.
  • Depthstalker Helm: Removed 1% Dodge and 3 MP5.
This makes no sense, these pants are a very good starter pants for ferals and shamans. Nerfing them cuts what tiny bit of early edge we get compared to other classes down to fartpoop.

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Sat May 06, 2023 4:55 am

Keds wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 6:38 pm
If you go into the shaman forum you'll see what i'm talking about. literally 90% of the people I talked to ingame is currently not using this talent, and yet they decided to spend their time "nerfing" it even more.
If they are not using it, why they upset because of nerf?

I think this shield is cool group utility for enh shaman to buff MT for additional threat. 198 damage+15%=227.7 damage per hit. assuming that most bosses attack with speed 2.0, it is equivalent to 113 DPS for tank. 1 DPS for tank increases DPS of every raid member for 1-2 DPS depending on individual coeffecients.

I get interested what others say
viewtopic.php?p=43669
"make it AoE", "allow to spend charges to attack someone"
viewtopic.php?p=42578
"lightning shield costs too much", "I hate that shamans should buff others"
viewtopic.php?p=42030#p42030
"make lightning shield to damage others on spell hit"
viewtopic.php?p=38992#p38825
"lightning shield should do periodic AoE damage"
viewtopic.php?p=31919#p31919
"should be more charges", "too high manacost to be used", "should be used offensively like shock"
viewtopic.php?p=22999#p22999
"it is tedious to watch on buffs of the tank when you do your own job"
viewtopic.php?p=31796#p31796
"when you can cast shield on anyone, you cant cast it on yourself"
viewtopic.php?p=31824#p31824
"awkward design which forces you to watch on tank buffs"

I think that major issue is that shield has only 3 charges and you need to watch on buffs of the tank.
Damage of this buff also don't count as damage of shaman, so it doesn't increase stats of shaman in DPS meter.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Xerilin
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Xerilin » Sat May 06, 2023 5:03 am

Bigsmerf wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 5:10 pm
Hamalam wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 10:24 pm

The RP scene has pretty much been completely replaced by classic andys wanting the same feeling they felt playing vanilla. You'll have to ask around and get into a guild just to find things like weekly events.
RP on turtle is great. You can also check discord for events. I assure you, there are more than one a week.
Komm zur Geheimen Zuflucht (RP-Gilde)! Wir haben Zimtschnecken!

Alienne Xerilin Rubinai Irrwisch Mekhalani Flinks Kinrela Cavy

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Sat May 06, 2023 5:06 am

Xudo wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 4:55 am

If they are not using it, why they upset because of nerf?

I think this shield is cool group utility for enh shaman to buff MT for additional threat. 198 damage+15%=227.7 damage per hit. assuming that most bosses attack with speed 2.0, it is equivalent to 113 DPS for tank. 1 DPS for tank increases DPS of every raid member for 1-2 DPS depending on individual coeffecients.

I think that major issue is that shield has only 3 charges and you need to watch on buffs of the tank.
Damage of this buff also don't count as damage of shaman, so it doesn't increase stats of shaman in DPS meter.
except it does count as the shaman's damage and the shaman's threat, it used to work the way you are describing but then I'm assuming hcs complained that it was getting them flagged

Knnib4l

Post by Knnib4l » Sat May 06, 2023 2:04 pm

Sooo, about the convergence of elements bonus set changes so warriors don't wear the pants instead of titanic leggings (which I don't see any, btw), any news or did enh and feral got shafted again?

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Sat May 06, 2023 7:42 pm

And nothing on fixing Malor the Zealous Boss Drop, once again he keeps dropping nothing off his loot once killed.

Sanyachan93

Post by Sanyachan93 » Sun May 07, 2023 7:02 am

Huma wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 9:12 am
wake up this server its not a RP anymore, it was when there was 200 players, now is all about PVE and HC mode
I joined to this server mainly because I thought it would be some kind of RP with one life, but there's no roleplay at all, there are no rules...

Trymv1

Post by Trymv1 » Sun May 07, 2023 8:41 am

Ghola wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 5:06 am
except it does count as the shaman's damage and the shaman's threat, it used to work the way you are describing but then I'm assuming hcs complained that it was getting them flagged
Not like fire totems track properly either (unless you have one single shaman using them) so you'd think theyd have been used to that.

Personally I see Thunderhead as a nifty idea since its 600dmg+100%sp on an instant global, granted it takes a few seconds to do all its damage and isnt the cheapest spell. Could certainly see Imp LShield talent giving a few extra charges to balance it a bit better for the Enhance Shammies to make better use (obviously no Ele is gonna pick it up, just keep mashing LB).

Keds

Post by Keds » Mon May 08, 2023 1:25 pm

Trymv1 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 8:41 am
Ghola wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 5:06 am
Not like fire totems track properly either (unless you have one single shaman using them) so you'd think theyd have been used to that.

Personally I see Thunderhead as a nifty idea since its 600dmg+100%sp on an instant global, granted it takes a few seconds to do all its damage and isnt the cheapest spell. Could certainly see Imp LShield talent giving a few extra charges to balance it a bit better for the Enhance Shammies to make better use (obviously no Ele is gonna pick it up, just keep mashing LB).
The idea is good, but on practice, who would be spamming LShield if Ele shamans need to spam their shit, Enh is only useful atm doing Totem Twisting (which is already mana expensive) so they can't spend their mana elsewhere, and resto needs to be healing... The talent just doesn't make sense nor does it has a place to fit that doesn't make the gameplay clunky...