Petition to give Ele Shamans some PvE dmg pushback reduction

Voodoochile

Petition to give Ele Shamans some PvE dmg pushback reduction

Post by Voodoochile » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:49 pm

I'm proposing a change to Elemental Mastery (31 point talent) to add % dmg pushback resistance either passively for a low amount, say 20% (becoming 50% w/ Earth Shield), or up to 70% for a short duration after casting Elemental Mastery or perhaps after using the proc (since you can hold the buff indefinitely) becoming 100% w/ Earth Shield.

I propose this on Elemental Mastery so it may not skew pvp by still making you choose between it and Nature's Swiftness.

Greese

Re: Petition to give Ele Shamans some PvE dmg pushback reduction

Post by Greese » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:55 pm

Changing the [Healing Focus] talent from just healing to any nature spell and similarly doing the same to [Healing Grace] for threat would be a more elegant fix in my opinion. Ele would be taking points in resto anyway for the spell hit. Going a little further for pushback and threat mitigation would be ideal.

Voodoochile

Post by Voodoochile » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:00 pm

Greese wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:55 pm
Changing the [Healing Focus] talent from just healing to any nature spell and similarly doing the same to [Healing Grace] for threat would be a more elegant fix in my opinion. Ele would be taking points in resto anyway for the spell hit. Going a little further for pushback and threat mitigation would be ideal.
It would be a easier implementation for sure, but again my issue being how that will skew Ele in PvP, effectively making Eye of the Storm obsolete. I do like the Healing Grace proposition, tho.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:05 am

That would make shaman leveling gameplay boring spam of lightning bolts.
You have other means of doing damage, which don't suffer pushbacks: multiple different instant shocks, melee attacks with improved weapons, damaging totems.
You have 2 types of slow and Stoneclaw totem.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Voodoochile

Post by Voodoochile » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:23 am

Xudo wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:05 am
That would make shaman leveling gameplay boring spam of lightning bolts.
You have other means of doing damage, which don't suffer pushbacks: multiple different instant shocks, melee attacks with improved weapons, damaging totems.
You have 2 types of slow and Stoneclaw totem.
The talent is unlocked at level 40, and it would either be 20% passively or 70% w/ the ability cd which is 3 minutes. And you don't even get Earth Shield until level 60 to stack with it. This change is meant to help PvE Elemental who's damage rotation really is just lightning bolt

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:55 am

Voodoochile wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:23 am
The talent is unlocked at level 40, and it would either be 20% passively or 70% w/ the ability cd which is 3 minutes. And you don't even get Earth Shield until level 60 to stack with it. This change is meant to help PvE Elemental who's damage rotation really is just lightning bolt
In grouped PvE you should not suffer pushbacks because of tank in your team.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Voodoochile

Post by Voodoochile » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:53 am

Xudo wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:55 am
Voodoochile wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:23 am
In grouped PvE you should not suffer pushbacks because of tank in your team.
There are tons of raid bosses with raid damage that pushback casts like Vaelastrasz, Firemaw aura, Sartura, Huhuran, Ouru, Faerlina, Anub Rekhan, Maexxna, wtc

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:07 am

Earthshield serves as a parial pushback protection.
If you combine that with a paladin aura you get 60%. Combine that with a bit of full resist from your resistence totem or the occasional priest shild thats pretty decent.

Of the fights listed only vael & firemaw are unavoidable. Sapphiron is in that group too, but most fights you only get very sporadic spell pushback or none at all.

I undersatand the need, but its quite hard to implement it in a way that is primarily for pve but not a major improvement for pvp.