Increase all Enemies Healht by 2%

Geojak
Has liked: 21 times

Increase all Enemies Healht by 2%

Post by Geojak » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:55 am

As the titel says, i would like to see the health of (almost) all mobs in the game increased by 2%
This suggestion is mainly meant for leveing so only target lvl 5-59 enemies could be considered.

Why i think this would be a good change?
Vanilla leveling and generally the world feels much more satisfying than in wotlk becuase you arent a god that can pull 3 mobs at lvl without dying (some can of course). The world is threatening and challenging.
Twow is imrpoving classes in good ways, and imrpving useless items or adding new ones, like adding SP to mid lvl tailoring crafts.

All these things are good, BUT, at the same time they also make the game easy(ier).
In tiny little steps.

I think it could be considered to slightly rebalance the game from the otherside.
Think of it as a recalibration of sorts.

consider buff enemies here and there in tiny ways. adding new abillities or existing ones to more mobs would be even cooler as that makes the hole thing less monotone. epseciall on lapidis and gijim this was the biggest flaw

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Re: Increase all Enemies Healht by 2%

Post by Xudo » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:45 pm

I don't think that 2% will change things much.
Are you really wanted to write 2(two) percent? May be you meant 20(twenty)?
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Chronoslicer

Post by Chronoslicer » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:10 pm

Personally, I think adding more health to all enemies would just serve to make things more tedious, but I do like more abilities and interesting ways to tackle quests.

For example fighting spellcaster npcs are fun for me as a warrior for me because what is normally deadly in a toe to toe fight gets absolutely gimped when I use my surroundings to LOS on top of my interrupts and deny all chance to cast. It's simple but nonetheless a fun solution.

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:10 pm

Raising health only serves to make fights longer, not more difficult.
If you want to suggest ways to increase difficulty while leveling, I'd suggest changing some unique/named mobs (usually mobs you kill for quests) to being Elites and buffing/adding new things to their moveset to be more challenging.

For example, imagine leveling in The Barrens and you're doing the quest to kill Serena Bloodfeather, the harpy in the far North-West. When you get there, she's now an elite mob who hits harder, has a higher health pool, and a larger moveset.
Or imagine leveling in Hillsbrad Foothills and you're doing the quest "Dangerous", only to find that
Clerk Horrace Whitesteed, Citizen Wilkes, Miner Hackett, and Farmer Kalaba are now elite mobs with their own gimmicks.

Also, I think certain groups of mobs should be buffed or made into elites to reflect their lore power level, I find it rather funny that the Demons in Ashenvale are only as strong as some random bear or moose.
Zamba the Unruly
"Zamba be sensing the winds of change in da air. Can you be feeling it too, mon?"

Syrathegreat

Post by Syrathegreat » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:27 pm

Bellybutton wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:10 pm
I'd suggest changing some unique/named mobs (usually mobs you kill for quests) to being Elites
okay Satan unhappy_turtle
Juniper <Gnomish Cosmonaut Corps> - Hunter | Gnome | 54 | War Mode | S&S
Kyra - Warrior | Night Elf | 25 | HC | S&S | Lorekeeper
Kolgra - Warrior | Orc | 31 | War Mode | S&S
Merry - Paladin | Dwarf | 29 | HC

Rat2156

Post by Rat2156 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:48 pm

Bellybutton wrote:
If you want to suggest ways to increase difficulty while leveling, I'd suggest changing some unique/named mobs (usually mobs you kill for quests) to being Elites and buffing/adding new things to their moveset to be more challenging.

For example, imagine leveling in The Barrens and you're doing the quest to kill Serena Bloodfeather, the harpy in the far North-West. When you get there, she's now an elite mob who hits harder, has a higher health pool, and a larger moveset.
Or imagine leveling in Hillsbrad Foothills and you're doing the quest "Dangerous", only to find that
Clerk Horrace Whitesteed, Citizen Wilkes, Miner Hackett, and Farmer Kalaba are now elite mobs with their own gimmicks.

Also, I think certain groups of mobs should be buffed or made into elites to reflect their lore power level, I find it rather funny that the Demons in Ashenvale are only as strong as some random bear or moose.
Would be nice to give more reasons for people to group up while levelling

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:14 am

Just to clarify, I don't want to make the game harder than it was originally, only prevent it to become much easier thanks to better itemisation, class changes etc. Mobs need to keep up with stronger players in a tiny little adjustments. Not to make it more tedious.

More abilities and elites would be cool too

Allwynd01
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:47 am

2% won't change anything.

2300 HP + 2% = 2346 HP
230 HP + 2% = 234 HP

In either cases, it doesn't change anything, it doesn't even make your character do an extra attack. Adding more HP, whether it's 2% or 20% is not a good idea, because it will just prolong fights and make them more tedious, not more interesting.

If you enjoy long fights with regular mobs, might I suggest you to play EverQuest 2 where by level 20 you have almost 3 action bars full of active abilities that you need to use on a single rotation to fight a regular mob your level and it takes at least 2 and half full rotations of those 20+ active abilities to kill a single stupid mob, which takes about a minute. It gets really boring really fast. I managed to play that game for a few days and this is what made me quit.

What can be done to create challenge is this:

Mobs get increased damage - say, 20%.

The tradeoff is they have reduced armor - 30% (or more, I'm not sure about that).

So they hit you harder, but you can hit them harder too.

I'm not completely ruse about the exact values of those things, but I think it's possible to make mobs really stronger and by reducing their armor also make you feel stronger too. And this only affects overworld mobs, mobs in dungeons and raids remain the same.

Markuis

Post by Markuis » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:15 am

In that line, some mobs run too fast. They could have their HP increased while their run speed lowered. Makes the mobs asymmetric and the world more immersive.

Lara3con

Post by Lara3con » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:09 am

On our small home server, I’ve played around with mob damage and settled on a 20% damage increase.
This gives a decent challenge for experienced players and this is with a mostly Vanilla game. Having played Turtle for a few years and seeing the improvement in talents, extra gear and custom quests, it probably would bring the game back to a Vanilla (pserver) experience rather than the current easier classic game.

Andima

Post by Andima » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:41 am

Increasing Mobs health wont make fights harder but longer.

I would rather have damage increase for both mobs and player (or armor/res reduced for both)

I dont know if it is easy or hard to toggle with those values, but would be nice to test it out.

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:46 am

Andima wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:41 am
Increasing Mobs health wont make fights harder but longer.
I'd say it always depends on your enemy mob. if it's an already hard-hitting elite mob more HP means if will drain your ressources more and in endeffect (if it's a 1v1 battle) makes the battle harder.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:16 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:47 am
2% won't change anything.

2300 HP + 2% = 2346 HP
230 HP + 2% = 234 HP

In either cases, it doesn't change anything, it doesn't even make your character do an extra attack. Adding more HP, whether it's 2% or 20% is not a good idea, because it will just prolong fights and make them more tedious, not more interesting.

If you enjoy long fights with regular mobs, might I suggest you to play EverQuest 2 where by level 20 you have almost 3 action bars full of active abilities that you need to use on a single rotation to fight a regular mob your level and it takes at least 2 and half full rotations of those 20+ active abilities to kill a single stupid mob, which takes about a minute. It gets really boring really fast. I managed to play that game for a few days and this is what made me quit.

What can be done to create challenge is this:

Mobs get increased damage - say, 20%.

The tradeoff is they have reduced armor - 30% (or more, I'm not sure about that).

So they hit you harder, but you can hit them harder too.

I'm not completely ruse about the exact values of those things, but I think it's possible to make mobs really stronger and by reducing their armor also make you feel stronger too. And this only affects overworld mobs, mobs in dungeons and raids remain the same.
I disagree on this take. And I woild liek to explain.

On original vanilla as a lvl 30 average caster, you ran around with barely any spellpower on gear. Why? Because it barely existed.

TWoW added alot of sp to tailoring gear in thaz level range. Suddenly many people have spell and deal there slightly more dmg.

Its not alot, but sometimes you will need a half fireball less to kill. Or need to Wand once time fewe to you nish the mob of.
An 2% increase is exactly that little tiny bit to offset this.

As said before I don't want to make the game any harder. A 20% dmg increase would be ultra punishing and unfun to newer players that still die alot.

Mackylol

Post by Mackylol » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:07 pm

This is my favorite suggestion, only because its ridiculously lazy and will make absolutely no difference. Do it or don't, hardly anyone would notice, it is not uncommon to get a mob to 1%.. now it'll be at 3% which is still just one more swath with your wand or one action.

I'm all for making the game more challenging but this is not it, "sometimes you will need a half fireball less to kill. Or need to Wand once time fewe to you nish the mob of.".. lol.

Zirek

Post by Zirek » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:56 pm

I was kinda thinking about increasing damage of the mobs by little amount . Not being able to 3 mobs at the sime time is surely part of classic wow . And i like every single mob being dangerous in some degree .

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:08 pm

Rat2156 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:48 pm
Sure, but you risk turning the game into ff11 where you dont go anywhere without a group.

Wow was under the design of everyone can solo green solo quests, but grouping up is better than not. I don't see why this should be deviated from since 1.12 does a great job at this.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Rat2156

Post by Rat2156 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:31 pm

Ugoboom wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:08 pm
Rat2156 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:48 pm
Sure, but you risk turning the game into ff11 where you dont go anywhere without a group.

Wow was under the design of everyone can solo green solo quests, but grouping up is better than not. I don't see why this should be deviated from since 1.12 does a great job at this.
Yeah, this kind of has to be a balancing act between two playstyles for two demographics I suppose

Seltsamuel

Post by Seltsamuel » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:55 pm

If you want more challenge, generate skill pools. Every time a mob respawns, it gains one random skill (or more for higher level or elite?) it can use. That could range from bleeds, slows or extra elemental spells for a mob you have to look out for.

Sanyachan93

Post by Sanyachan93 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:15 pm

Bellybutton wrote:

I vote for this, more Elites = more difficulty = juicy loots = more fun

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:23 pm

Regardless of whether 2% is a significant or not, the OP has a very good point here: by adding cool stuff and fixing things, the turtle devs are slowly but surely making the game too easy.
Seltsamuel wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:55 pm
If you want more challenge, generate skill pools. Every time a mob respawns, it gains one random skill (or more for higher level or elite?) it can use. That could range from bleeds, slows or extra elemental spells for a mob you have to look out for.
I like this idea. smiling_turtle_head
Imagine also using this system on dungeon and raid bosses turtle_in_love_head .