Patch 1.17.0 — Beyond the Greymane Wall

Majestik51

Re: Patch 1.16.6 — Work in progress!

Post by Majestik51 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:16 am

Majestik51 wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:27 am
any approx realease dates?

and 1 more thing. is it Hyjal gonna be accessible?
Please make it happen i love this place.
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Allwynd01
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:00 am

Enceebe wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:34 pm
Kaktus96 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:24 am
Bayanni wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:19 am
Hype for Gilneas, but I agree with Plainbear. Tauren still have the lowest total class count and could use at least 1-2 more options. If Paladin isn't possible, then Priest would be my recommendation.

Also, are there more class tweaks/changes coming under that gameplay section?
I just can't really think of a class that would fit Tauren other than the 4 they can already be.
Paladin? No. Alliance exclusive. Unless alliance gets shamans.
Rogues? Not really. Unless the Grimtotem show them some kind of hidden stealth ability idk.
Why not rogues? All they need are some new horseshoes that make no sound. Surely the genius goblin engineurs of the horde can come up with a solution for that. "Have you ever seen a Tauren stalk a Python? Of course you haven't...thats because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings"

But ya on a serious note Druid is something like a special/hero class exclusive for nightelves and tauren. I really wish all races had an exclusive class. Like Tinker for goblin/gnomes anyways. Feral and Moonkin are the stealth and caster specc for tauren.

It would be better to give them sets designed for one specc and not the jack of all trades but master of non sets they mostly have from pvp and pve endgame content. For example make a stormshroud Armor-Set/Wolfshead Helm(both grant already energy) questline similar to t0.5, but only for feral cat/bear druids. Or new leather working recipes that update these two and other sets with druid speccs in mind.

Tauren Rogue was a meme. A lot of the class combination on Retail WoW are memes that were retconned to be canon because Retail WoW and Activision are creatively bankrupt. Next one is Gnome and Gnome Demon Hunters.

The canonic story of Warcraft is even different from Vanilla WoW. A lot of things in Vanilla were also retconned so the game can be functional and playable. For example the Forsaken should not be part of the Horde, they should have been a separate faction, but were made playable and part of the Horde, because probably a lot of people wanted to play them from Warcraft 3.

Remember, just because Turtle WoW is adding new things to the game, it doesn't mean that anything goes. There used to be those "level 255, fun server, new races" where you can play as a Naga, Ogre or Murloc and it was really broken and horrible, but this is not those servers.

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:46 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:48 am
Nope.
Wait what? Does this mean that my HE hunter, which I only made because human hunter was not an option, cannot become human?

Good he is only lvl 32...

Sinrek
Has liked: 14 times

Post by Sinrek » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:14 am

Jombo wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:46 pm
Sinrek wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:48 am
Nope.
Wait what? Does this mean that my HE hunter, which I only made because human hunter was not an option, cannot become human?

Good he is only lvl 32...
Yes, you pick a human as a hunter to level it once it's available.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:39 am

I probably found another thing coming in next patch
Dreamsteel bar https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=61216
Book: Smelt Dreamsteel https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=61226
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Imonobor
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Imonobor » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:55 am

And here's me still hoping for Dwarf Shamans and Undead Paladins :D
Anyway, awesome changes, I'm super hyped for the update! <3
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 23 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Allwynd01
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:52 am

Any more information on Gilneas?

Tragin

Post by Tragin » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:12 pm

Any realease dates?

Valikhhh91

Post by Valikhhh91 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:33 pm

When is the new patch ?

Xerilin
Has liked: 17 times

Post by Xerilin » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:40 pm

SoonTM
Komm zur Geheimen Zuflucht (RP-Gilde)! Wir haben Zimtschnecken!

Alienne Xerilin Rubinai Irrwisch Mekhalani Flinks Kinrela Cavy

Ramoneknot

Post by Ramoneknot » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:22 am

Any realease dates?

Realbabyrage

Post by Realbabyrage » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:50 pm

release date pleasseeeeeeeeeeee

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:14 pm

Realbabyrage wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:50 pm
release date pleasseeeeeeeeeeee
When its done

Piffo

Post by Piffo » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:13 am

The planed race and maybe faction change option in the Store should have a higher priority.
I could see that as a feature many would be interessted in.

Xerilin
Has liked: 17 times

Post by Xerilin » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:55 am

Piffo wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:13 am
The planed race and maybe faction change option in the Store should have a higher priority.
I could see that as a feature many would be interessted in.
Turtle's main feature is custom content and not correcting player's race choices. It's nice that they do that as well, but giving stuff like server stability, respawn rates or custom content priority is not wrong, in my opinion.
Komm zur Geheimen Zuflucht (RP-Gilde)! Wir haben Zimtschnecken!

Alienne Xerilin Rubinai Irrwisch Mekhalani Flinks Kinrela Cavy

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:57 pm

Pothi wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:25 pm
Myclassisbroke wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:34 am
I hope you guys are buffing Paladins... Please... I Hate not being able to one shot Naxx geared warriors, can only get them pesky buggers to 5% in a global.
Someone is salty as he is no longer the king of a braindead dps class :P
He is being ironic and trolling.
But Paladin is probably the most braindead class atm yes, and made much worse on turtle.
Crusader strike- crusader strike-crusader strike.... and thats the class as of now scared_turtle_head

Really hope they have the decency to do something, mistakes happen and we are all human.
But they cant just stick with this forever and pretend like nothing is wrong and start nerfing proc weapons. maintenance_turtle
Great Sun and Glorious Leader of the Bring Back Judgement of the Crusader movement.

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:36 pm

Wrathweaver wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:57 pm
Pothi wrote:
Myclassisbroke wrote:
I hope you guys are buffing Paladins... Please... I Hate not being able to one shot Naxx geared warriors, can only get them pesky buggers to 5% in a global.
But Paladin is probably the most braindead class atm yes, and made much worse on turtle.
Crusader strike- crusader strike-crusader strike.... and thats the class as of now scared_turtle_head

Really hope they have the decency to do something, mistakes happen and we are all human.
But they cant just stick with this forever and pretend like nothing is wrong and start nerfing proc weapons. maintenance_turtle
Crusader strike Drains mana like a motherfucker and pallies are REALLY, but REALLY minmaxing dependent to deal damage.
You will never see a Ret in T2 or T3, maximum AQ40 gear and even that needs rep grind to get the parts.
Also pally rotation is all over the place since no one cared to make a deep technical guide about TW pally, there are paladins doing retarded damage and there are pallies doing near zero damage.

Unless TW decides to embrace Spelladin, Paladins being OP in PVP is a one of 10 due to minmax and sacrificing mana in process.

Destiny19444

Post by Destiny19444 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:05 pm

Bittermens wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:36 pm

Crusader strike Drains mana like a motherfucker and pallies are REALLY, but REALLY minmaxing dependent to deal damage.
You will never see a Ret in T2 or T3, maximum AQ40 gear and even that needs rep grind to get the parts.
Also pally rotation is all over the place since no one cared to make a deep technical guide about TW pally, there are paladins doing retarded damage and there are pallies doing near zero damage.

Unless TW decides to embrace Spelladin, Paladins being OP in PVP is a one of 10 due to minmax and sacrificing mana in process.
So what's the ideal spell usage in your opinion?

Beertaster

Post by Beertaster » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:38 pm

Wrathweaver wrote:
Pothi wrote:
Myclassisbroke wrote:

because the brain dead auto attacking of vanilla was soooooo much better.

Crusader strike is a stable of ret and especially prot. I don't want to see Pal tanking die because your upitty about pvp. It honestly wouldn't be seen as a problem if paladin's weren't a huge draw for the server. Everyone wants to try out a paladin here.

Galindae

Post by Galindae » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:21 pm

maby to balance sides need dwarf shaman and undead paladin. (fallen paladins)
about shaman tanking would be good making some fire totem work similar to paladin concentration. and all spells tied to rockbiter weapon. its really hard on low levels hold agro if dps just randomly pew pew alla round and not assisting tank target.
p.s lower totem place for shamans in healing tree so they are awaulable from 10lvl its help with mana isues (totemic focus) place tham in ench tree replacing with +10% mana

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:15 pm

Beertaster wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:38 pm
Wrathweaver wrote:
Pothi wrote:

Crusader strike is a stable of ret and especially prot. I don't want to see Pal tanking die because your upitty about pvp. It honestly wouldn't be seen as a problem if paladin's weren't a huge draw for the server. Everyone wants to try out a paladin here.
New content and old content should coexist on turtle wow, nothing so major should be removed.
Could have added a cooldown on crusader strike or made some other solution if the stacking is too high, and if people like the proc thing added a new spell or seal instead and it would satisfy both parties.
Im just against the removal of vanilla spells, since i prefer classic paladin playstyle.
This would be fine on any other server since they will just do random crapholia of throwing stuff togheter, but the trademark is kinda being steady and not remove vanilla stuff here.
Great Sun and Glorious Leader of the Bring Back Judgement of the Crusader movement.

Beertaster

Post by Beertaster » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:53 am

I really really like the paladin changes to spells. What's been changed was unused and useless spells with low proc rates or completely counter intuitive to the classes design. The deluge of paladin players also seem to agree.

Stinkyjames

Post by Stinkyjames » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:10 pm

Okay now actually improve stormstrike amongst other things so that every new player isnt just another ret pally

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:08 am

Beertaster wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:38 pm
Wrathweaver wrote:
Pothi wrote:

I was fine with crusader strike, new spells are always fun.
But i was really sad about the removal of vanilla paladin since i really do care about the class. :(

Im also fine with proccing with a new seal or spell as long as it does not come a the cost of removing everyting about the original paladin way of playing.

It is a different class now, most people flock to the server because its free, not because they truly care about world of warcraft the way it was back in the day.
Would be better to make the debuff more viable by buffing judgement of the crusader, keep crusader strike and perhaps add a new ability or seal if people enjoy proccing weapons. :)

Spells and class identity have not been removed from any other class, its just paladin that no longer play like the original class at all.
Freedom to choose is what i want.
Hope it is not a permanent removal of the original judgement, would be really sad if that was the case.

Beertaster

Post by Beertaster » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:10 pm

Wrathweaver wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:08 am

But i was really sad about the removal of vanilla paladin since i really do care about the class. :(

Im also fine with proccing with a new seal or spell as long as it does not come a the cost of removing everyting about the original paladin way of playing.

It is a different class now, most people flock to the server because its free, not because they truly care about world of warcraft the way it was back in the day.
Would be better to make the debuff more viable by buffing judgement of the crusader, keep crusader strike and perhaps add a new ability or seal if people enjoy proccing weapons. :)

Spells and class identity have not been removed from any other class, its just paladin that no longer play like the original class at all.
Hope it is not a permanent removal of the original judgement, would be really sad if that was the case.
I leveled a paladin back in vanilla, and did some raiding. Trust me. Nothing of value has been lost. I don't think your coming at this in good faith either. Its just vague I want old pally because something something something. Its a pivot from your original argument of nerfing pvp paladins because of their holy burst. All this new direction does is reach the same effect from a new angle while trying not to sound unpopular.

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:20 pm

Beertaster wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:10 pm
Wrathweaver wrote:

I leveled a paladin back in vanilla, and did some raiding. Trust me. Nothing of value has been lost. I don't think your coming at this in good faith either. Its just vague I want old pally because something something something. Its a pivot from your original argument of nerfing pvp paladins because of their holy burst. All this new direction does is reach the same effect from a new angle while trying not to sound unpopular.
Would be nice if one could increase the debuff timer a few seconds to perhaps 12 and make holy strike refresh judgement if possible.

Michifant

Post by Michifant » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:23 pm

Tauren Rogue... we all want them, we all need them
Owner of the Flausch
If u use a "Flausch" please send 1$ / 1€ / 1G to "Save the Gnome and Tauren babys" in Ironforge or Thunder Bluff.
The Money will be use for Food, Drinks and Toys

Thanks,
Michifant, owner of Flausch

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:43 pm

Michifant wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:23 pm
Tauren Rogue... we all want them, we all need them
Had to look that up :P
Doesnt look as bad as i imagined lol.

But nha, goblin shellcoin priest would be more fun if anything weird has to be added in my opinion.
Could add new priest racials, where players can buy blessings from a vendor machine for 1silver. satisfied_turtle

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:39 am

Beertaster wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:10 pm
Wrathweaver wrote:

seal of command/holy shock build is lost

Darrian

Post by Darrian » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:11 am

Is there a best-guess publishing date for this yet? Looking forward to some Troll Warlock goodness.

Bubamasteros

Post by Bubamasteros » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:27 am

Where is my human hunters?
Чел... Я баня-бочка.

Ramoneknot

Post by Ramoneknot » Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:23 pm

Where is my human hunters? [1]

G10stpd

Post by G10stpd » Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:48 pm

Night elf mages would be a great addition too. Keep up the good work!

Shroudedsoul

Post by Shroudedsoul » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:56 pm

Wrathweaver wrote:
Pothi wrote:
Myclassisbroke wrote:

I mean, not all classes need be complicated or have a bloated rotation.

Paladin and Hunter are popular because they're cool and simpler.

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:04 pm

Shroudedsoul wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:56 pm
Wrathweaver wrote:
Pothi wrote:

I mean, not all classes need be complicated or have a bloated rotation.

Paladin and Hunter are popular because they're cool and simpler.
Well it would be like moving aspect of the cheeta, aspect of the monkey/wolf into aspect of the hawk.
And then make it auto switch, not in combate= cheeta, in melee=monkey/wolf and if ranged attacking hawk.

Removing stuff makes the class boring to play for people that are here to escape blizz streamlining.
Would have played retail if it wasnt for all the removals of everything that made the game fun for me.