Immersion through mob changes

M4ximili4n

Immersion through mob changes

Post by M4ximili4n » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:11 am

Alright, so the necessary functions are already in the game. I think the following could be interesting :

Change some of the world mobs to function as groups or packs, with a dedicated leader.

For example, let's take a pack of wolves in the wild, that roam an area together, moving as a group, they have a pack leader that might be a mob like "alpha" or sometimes be named (maybe even have a quest attached) and other times even be elite.
There could be different mobs in the pack, like younger weaker wolf's (like 20% reduction in all stats and 20% reduction of XP given) and maybe ones with a special ability, like if a wolf pup dies the mother enrages.. Etc

Some of the beast in the wild could function like mini world bosses, like a wolf could howl and call the rest of his pack as adds.
Have some abilities that "normal" wolf's don't have.
Maybe even require a grp of 2+ players..

The point of this is to make the world more alive, more varied, without breaking the experience.

Maybe mobs could have different categories in the wild. Like "strong" with + x% to all stats and + X% to XP given.

There are already Some abilities, but maybe they could be used differently.

"Starving" with an ability like "frenzy" that gives + to attack, but reduces the mobs health pool.. Never runs away, enrages at 20%..

Grp buffs, if the mobs stand close to one another.
Makes aoe grinding more difficult, but not impossible,also more challenging and more fun.

So you can play around with mob names, stats and XP to reflect some individuality in the mobs.

Add some more rare mobs to lead a grp, thematically it would be easy to implement (wolf pack in a forest area, small island full of turtles with a cave and a named elite, off the coast somewhere, with a quest you get from a fisherman nearby, and so many more)

I would be interested if anyone knows if this is difficult to do?

What other ideas might fit this concept?
Troll Hunter - WoW Vanilla

Nilay

Re: Immersion through mob changes

Post by Nilay » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:06 pm

I don't know if it is difficult to do, but I know that the packs exist in Desolace, and so that it is possible to create others (group of mobs patrolling). I like your suggestion !
I used to play eagerly here.

M4ximili4n

Post by M4ximili4n » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:50 am

Troll Hunter - WoW Vanilla

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:21 am

There are packs of kodos in Mulgore and southern Barrens. Murlocks usually live in communities and tend to flee for help.
I think that instead of general proposal, you need some specific ones. In general, you can find examples of every option.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.