Allow rogues to pick pocket players

Elenar

Allow rogues to pick pocket players

Post by Elenar » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:25 pm

You would steal silver amount appropriate to target's level (nothing big, just symbolic value like from mobs) and possibly one piece of food, and make that target immune to stealing for some period.
The target would receive message "your purse feels lighter" and maybe everyone else in area would be notified too like "X just robbed Y."
The target need to be hostile, PVP flagged.

Orlymike

Re: Allow rogues to pick pocket players

Post by Orlymike » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:23 pm

could you imagine the griefing in starting zones, and not being able to afford spells. stupid suggestion

Elenar

Post by Elenar » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:20 pm

Orlymike wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:23 pm
could you imagine the griefing in starting zones, and not being able to afford spells. stupid suggestion
what griefing ? You think lev 60 would come starting zone to pick lev 5 for 10 copper ? And wait like 10-15 min to do it again and ruin the guy economy by 20 copper ?
Use imagination

The only fun it would be if the level 5 tried to pick lev 60... which you can guess is not that easy to make. Even if you managed you would get killed like a second later. At least more rich.

Zirek

Post by Zirek » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:45 pm

Orlymike wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:23 pm
No actualy quite good suggestion
but of course you should put some meaningfull limits like
-if you got pickpocketed you cannot be pickpocket again for 1 hour
-or if you pickpocketed real player you cannot pickpocket another real player for 30 min
-the amount of money should be scaled with level .

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:35 pm

I'd rather get actually useful changes and additions to a grossly neglected class.
Last edited by Gantulga on Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:00 pm

Imagine next to getting sap trolled people also steal some cash off of you. Way to annoy the hell out of anyone with warmode on.

As someone who thinks warmode is a mistake, i'm almost compelled to upvote this awful idea ...

Elenar

Post by Elenar » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:08 pm

Kairion wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:00 pm
Imagine next to getting sap trolled people also steal some cash off of you. Way to annoy the hell out of anyone with warmode on.

As someone who thinks warmode is a mistake, i'm almost compelled to upvote this awful idea ...
Man no one forces you to use warmode. You take it by your own will and complain that it's benefits are not granted for free, without any drawbacks. Either you can't make your own decisions or you are just silly.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:17 pm

Ye right, noone forces me to activate warmode. But at least two members od TABCO have forced pvp onto me in ostarius worldboss encounter. Turtle does not handle pvp flagging correctly.

Before some gene pool non-swimmers are coming and tell me "if you dont like pvp dont do it" please get a grip on reality.

Elenar

Post by Elenar » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:19 pm

Kairion wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:17 pm
Ye right, noone forces me to activate warmode. But at least two members od TABCO have forced pvp onto me in ostarius worldboss encounter. Turtle does not handle pvp flagging correctly.

Before some gene pool non-swimmers are coming and tell me "if you dont like pvp dont do it" please get a grip on reality.
The reality is: if you heal or buff PVP flagged character then you get flagged as well.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:23 pm

Elenar wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:19 pm
Kairion wrote:

The reality is: if you heal or buff PVP flagged character then you get flagged as well.
If you get hit by npc ability conflagrate a pvp flagged player can stand next to you to flag you against your will (including hc characters..)
You can stand stealthed next to someone who is about to drop an aoe to flag them. You can have a bait character asking for a buff and flag your pvp on as they are about to buff you.

Are people really so naive?

But thats besides the point here, warmode or not, this is a purpose made troll spell. You could make pickpoket work the same way as it does for pve instead. Just generate a token amount of gold from thin air. You still get to steal while not negatively impacting someone elses gameplay
Last edited by Kairion on Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elenar

Post by Elenar » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:29 pm

Kairion wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:23 pm
Elenar wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:19 pm
Kairion wrote:

If you get hit by npc ability conflagrate a pvp flagged player can stand next to you to flag you against your will (including hc characters..)
You can stand stealthed next to someone who is about to drop an aoe to flag them. You can have a bait character asking for a buff and flag your pvp on as they are about to buff you.

Are people really so naive?
That doesn't have much to do with Warmode. Those are mechanics that were in retail as well, as far as I know. Regardless of warmode. So what's your point ?

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:33 pm

They weren't

For one pvp players were on pvp server. So you would go play there instead of trolling pve players into pvp.
Also aoes did not hit flagged players unless the caster was also flagged before casting the spell.

Elenar

Post by Elenar » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:37 pm

Yeah but that's offtopic.
You said you are afraid that stealing from players would ruin their game, which is hardly true.
if amount is determined by target's level, stealing 2 silver from lev 40 character will not impact him much, put immune to stealing for everyone for several minutes, and work only as fun annoyance and more RP than real problem.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:43 pm

Its completely unnecessary.
In terms of economic damage done its negligable. Getting feared into mobs and dying to mobdamage by a warlock is a bigger impact on my purse.

But what exactly does the rogue gain if its taken from my characters purse than simply generated out of thin air?
The metagame satisfaction of fucking someone over... Thats all

Elenar

Post by Elenar » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:30 pm

Kairion wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:43 pm
Its completely unnecessary.
In terms of economic damage done its negligable. Getting feared into mobs and dying to mobdamage by a warlock is a bigger impact on my purse.

But what exactly does the rogue gain if its taken from my characters purse than simply generated out of thin air?
The metagame satisfaction of fucking someone over... Thats all
What IS necessary, according to you ? Lets pick something, rogue disguise skill, is it necessary ? What is game about for you ?

Gentlebenrawr

Post by Gentlebenrawr » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:16 pm

There should be major repercussions if caught. Like thrown in jail for an hour, with progressively worse punishments. Chop off their hands (disarm effect) for X period of time.

Still want those few copper that aren't yours?

Lasershadow

Post by Lasershadow » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:56 am

Pick pocketing other players sounds too niche and too easy to abuse.

So everyone can get lots of money easy by logging into multiple toons and let their Rogue alt on a separate account pick their pockets for money? NOPE.

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:29 am

Stealth around Stormwind or Orgrimmar and /emote pockpockets 12 silver 36 copper pieces from you. See how people react to the idea.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:01 am

It doesn't have to be gold. You can pickpocket first non-soulbound item in backpack. Only single item out of stack.
This way, pickpocketing game could be trolled in both directions.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:08 am

Xudo wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:01 am
It doesn't have to be gold. You can pickpocket first non-soulbound item in backpack. Only single item out of stack.
This way, pickpocketing game could be trolled in both directions.
Ye right, leave dungeongroup and pickpocket the xfaction guy that just won the roll on edgemasters....

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:20 am

Kairion wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:08 am
Ye right, leave dungeongroup and pickpocket the xfaction guy that just won the roll on edgemasters....
"pickpocketing" huge items like "secretly steal main hand weapon" in Skyrim is weird.
So it should not be weapon or armor piece.

But I imagine that like repeadetly pickpocketing guy who brews elixirs in capital. Stealing all elixirs which he made.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.