Moriena's Custom Quest Collective

Moriena

Moriena's Custom Quest Collective

Post by Moriena » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:32 pm

Hello, fellow turtles!

Just like many of you, I am a connaisseur of lore and questing in WoW - and with the added custom content TurtleWoW published, World of Warcraft got an invigorating breath of new life brought into it.

I myself want to add to this new breath of life and help the Turtle team by providing interesting and enjoyable quest ideas and concepts. Thats what this thread is for! A collection of all my quest concepts I did so far and ofcourse those I plan on doing! Since I am unexperienced with vMangos and programming in general, I've written them into concise Google .doc documents, so everyone can unterstand my thought process behind them. smiling_turtle_head

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Sister Lost [8-PART QUESTLINE / ALLIANCE LVL 47-56]
Rumors have it that Kaldorei are disappearing in the shades of Ashenvale, leaving little to no trails. One night elf seems particularly taken aback by this - Sentinel Dalia Sunblade, who is praying in Darnassus' Temple of the Moon for her sister's return.

The adventurer joins the night elf investigation of the abduction cases, leading them to Azshara, where they uncover a tragic love story and a sinister plot that can threaten the life of everyone on Kalimdor.

A Sister Lost - Custom Questline in Azshara

Hunters Of The Wild [5-PART QUESTLINE / ALLIANCE LVL 24-29]
The wildlife of Ashenvale is merciless and cruel, but offers a certain beauty for those looking deep enough. Jayla, huntress of the Silverwind Refuge teaches young adventurer's the ways of the Kaldorei hunt, hoping someone brave and promising enough appears, who can help the hunters with dealing with an exceptionally dangerous predator.

The young adventurer undergoes three lessons provided by Jayla, huntress of Silverwind. They learn how to prove their strength, cunning and adaptivity in the face of the ruthless wilderness, to let them earn their place in this world becoming more dangerous with each passing day.

Hunters Of The Wild - Custom Questline in Ashenvale

A Question Of Belief [3-PART QUESTLINE / NEUTRAL LVL 32-34]
Willow is looking for promising adventurers that are willing to open their eyes to the true masters of this world. Are you brave enough to prove your worth in front of this shady and dubious character? Who knows what you will get out of this...

Willow, Twilight's Hammer cultist in Desolace, wants to show her value to her powerful masters and needs the help of an impressionable young prodigy, that is willing to crush the adversaries of her ideology, the Burning Legion, and to allow not only her, but maybe also them, to be in the Great One's favor.

A Question Of Belief - Custom Questline in Desolace

The Great Gogo Girls Reunion! [2-PART QUESTLINE / NEUTRAL LVL 52]
Metropolitan star and media mogul, the Magnificent Gogo from Undermine arrived in Everlook to work on her newest business venture, a hot spring dance bar, hoping to get filthy rich and gain even more fans and admirers on Kalimdor!

Gogo needs a little help with getting the necessary people together, and it is the adventurer's job to gather her old friends from Kezan. With all five Gogo Girls joined, this grandiose idea of Gogo's will surely not fail... right?

The Great Gogo Girls Reunion! - Custom Questline in Winterspring

Rite Of Passage [5-PART QUESTLINE / ALLIANCE LVL 44]
Young Wildhammer dwarves have to follow a tradition, if they want to become a full-fledged member of the clan. By hunting for leather and feathers in the plains of the Hinterlands and crafting a feathered headdress with them, they're proving their abilities and worth as adolescents of Aerie Peak.

Doran Steelwing shows the adventurer the ways of creating a feathered headdress, the universal rite of passage of fledgling Wildhammer dwarves. Although apparently doing it out of educational purposes, something tells the player, there is more to Doran's story...

Rite of Passage - Custom Questline in the Hinterlands

It's A Small World After All [4-PART QUESTLINE / ALLIANCE LVL 48-51]
Sometimes the world appears larger than it actually is - and things thought independent from one another turn out to be connected. And sometimes all it takes to see these connections - is a simple name.

Drakk Stonehand of Aerie Peak has found a peculiar clue - a clue that might warm his old friend Doran's heart. But to prove his suspicion, he requires the help from another friend.

It's A Small World After All - Custom Questline in the Hinterlands

The Four Dons [15-PART QUESTLINE / NEUTRAL LVL 58-60]
Previously famous for singing in the streets of Stormwind, the Four Dons were a barbershop quartet advertising for the Trade District's barbershop. One day, they mysteriously vanished without a trace, leaving only their legacy behind.

Tilo Wheatleigh, Freelance Investigator, is researching on his own about what really happened the night the Four Dons disappeared. The adventurer meets him in Booty Bay's tavern - and together, they work towards uncovering the truth and the potential fortune they amassed.

The Four Dons - Custom Questline all over the Eastern Kingdoms

Terror On Purgation Isle! [8-PART QUESTLINE / NEUTRAL LVL 58+]
Rumors spread - the dead are walking among the Hillsbrad Foothills once more! No one knows where they're coming from, whether they're Scourge or an outside force. Both Horde and Alliance seek the aid of young adventurers to solve this mistery.

Marshal Redpath of Southshore and High Executor Darthalia of Tarren Mill require the help of willing heroes to quell this undead rampage that ravages both Humans and Forsaken alike. Who might be behind the roaming dead that seemingly originate from an old, forsaken island...?

Terror On Purgation Isle [Alliance] - Custom Questline in the Hillsbrad Foothills
Terror on Purgation Isle [Horde] - Custom Questline in the Hillsbrad Foothills

Lonely Ogre, Gloomy Ogre [6-PART QUESTLINE / NEUTRAL 32-34]
Fitting in isn't always as easy as others would like it to be. Sometimes you just are too different from your own kind, that not only they don't understand it, but you yourself too. A lesson Nug had to learn for himself as well.

The tiny ogre Nug lives alone from his ogre brethren in a camp outside the Boulderfist Hall. Driven out by his own people, Nug spends his days and nights in depricating isolation - until, one day, he meets an adventurer.

Lonely Ogre, Gloomy Ogre - Custom Questline in the Arathi Highlands

A Debt To Pay [8-PART QUESTLINE / HORDE LVL 48-56]
Groha from Ogrimmar is on a mission. A personal mission. Leaving her ailing mother Gromar in friends' care, she sets out to find her last living friend: a warrior legend of the Third War.

Wanting to prove herself and the love she has for her mother, Groha goes out into Kalimdor once more to get the legendary warrior Shute're of the Warsong Clan back home. A chance encounter with the adventurer in the Crossroads is the key to overcoming this ordeal.

A Debt To Pay - Custom Questline in Crossroad/Felwood

I hope you enjoy reading these - please leave feedback! There are more to come! I will be updating the OP to add new designs for a clear overview!
Last edited by Moriena on Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:30 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Jongyi

Re: Moriena's Custom Quest Collective

Post by Jongyi » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:03 pm

Why haven't anyone commented upon these quest? I will read them and post my thoughts later. But will leave a comment here to attract more attention to this thread.

Darkscar

Post by Darkscar » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:29 pm

Yea these quests have been written by someone who knows their lore, and I think anyone with a small knowledge of WC lore would love these quests.

Moriena

Post by Moriena » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 pm

Thank you very much for the feedback! Warcraft has been a part of me for 16 years, so I hold its lore and stories close to heart. I will always strive to be as lore friendly as possible.

My first quest concept "A Sister Lost" had multiple drafts before the current one and I worked about two months on it, changing text and switching story segments around whenever something didn't fit with the new ideas. smiling_turtle_head

Moriena

Post by Moriena » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:57 pm

Good night, everyone!

I am bringing you a new questline for the Wildhammer Dwarves in Aerie Peak!

Rite Of Passage [ALLIANCE LVL 44]
Young Wildhammer dwarves have to follow a tradition, if they want to become a full-fledged member of the clan. By hunting for leather and feathers in the plains of the Hinterlands and crafting a feathered headdress with them, they're proving their abilities and worth as adolescents of Aerie Peak.

Doran Steelwing shows the adventurer the ways of creating a feathered headdress, the universal rite of passage of fledgling Wildhammer dwarves. Although apparently doing it out of educational purposes, something tells the player, there is more to Doran's story...

Rite of Passage - Custom Questline in the Hinterlands
Last edited by Moriena on Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:29 am

I have finished reading most of them. I like the grounded yet expensive nature of these side quests. They make the world more immersive without getting in the way of overarching storyline. I will continue reading about the wildhammer quest in a few days. But i really love what i have read so far. Devs should take your work into the game.

Piccadilly

Post by Piccadilly » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:58 am

Read thoroughly the first q-line and skimmed the others, and they all seemed promising. Well done! I think the suggested rewards at the end of "A Sister Lost" are either too good or you'd have to have a similar questline on the horde side (either a shortened version with a different context as to why that ritual has to be stopped, or a completely different story, someplace different), since +hit trinkets are quite desirable for fresh lvl 60s.

Moriena

Post by Moriena » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:21 am

Hello! Thank you all for the feedback. I really appreciate you reading my work. smiling_turtle_head

Regarding the rewards for "A Sister Lost", they are currently the third iteration of them. I've been struggling with finding a good balance between effort and reward on that questline, as I want people to feel gratified for the amount of work they're putting into completing the quest. Ofcourse, I'm open to balance changes if the devs ever come forward to me about the quests. Otherwise I have not had a promising hook for a storyline involving the horde for this quest yet.

Moriena

Post by Moriena » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:28 pm

Hello dear Turtles!

Today I bring you another concept for a short, neutral 2-part questline involving Gogo in Winterspring!

The Great Gogo Girls Reunion! [NEUTRAL LVL 52]
Metropolitan star and media mogul, the Magnificent Gogo from Undermine arrived in Everlook to work on her newest business venture, a hot spring dance bar, hoping to get filthy rich and gain even more fans and admirers on Kalimdor!

Gogo needs a little help with getting the necessary people together, and it is the adventurer's job to gather her old friends from Kezan. With all five Gogo Girls joined, this grandiose idea of Gogo's will surely not fail... right?

The Great Gogo Girls Reunion! - Custom Questline in Winterspring

Lhian

Post by Lhian » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:03 am

I love the Wildhammer one.

Moriena

Post by Moriena » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:37 pm

Lhian wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:03 am
I love the Wildhammer one.
Oh wow, thank you!! This means so much to me! I personally think Rite of Passage is the best out of the five so far.

I sometimes think of what my father would do if both my mother and his children were gone, how would he feel and how would he deal with it? He is trying to stay as tough as he can, but I know under his tough shell he is an emotional man and that's OK.

I put these thoughts into the writing process and I'd like to believe they helped me write a good storyline.

Moriena

Post by Moriena » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:17 am

Hello fellow Turtles!

Today I bring you a continuation of a previous questline! You could consider this an epilogue to "Rite of Passage" - enjoy!

It's A Small World After All [4-PART QUESTLINE / ALLIANCE LVL 48-51]
Sometimes the world appears larger than it actually is - and things thought independent from one another turn out to be connected. And sometimes all it takes to see these connections - is a simple name.

Drakk Stonehand of Aerie Peak has found a peculiar clue - a clue that might warm his old friend Doran's heart. But to prove his suspicion, he requires the help from another friend.

It's A Small World After All - Custom Questline in the Hinterlands

Moriena

Post by Moriena » Tue May 16, 2023 9:28 am

Hello dear Turtles!

After a long wait, I bring you my next questline concept - and it is a big one, for sure! My longest project so far, an Eastern Kingdom-spanning adventure with 15 quests to complete! I hope you enjoy this one. smiling_turtle

The Four Dons [15-PART QUESTLINE / NEUTRAL LVL 58-60]
Previously famous for singing in the streets of Stormwind, the Four Dons were a barbershop quintet advertising for the Trade District's barbershop. One day, they mysteriously vanished without a trace, leaving only their legacy behind.

Tilo Wheatleigh, Freelance Investigator, is researching on his own about what really happened the night the Four Dons disappeared. The adventurer meets him in Booty Bay's tavern - and together, they work towards uncovering the truth and the potential fortune they amassed.

The Four Dons - Custom Questline all over the Eastern Kingdoms

Darkscar

Post by Darkscar » Tue May 16, 2023 10:10 am

I read the latest quest The Four Dons.

Devs please add these quests to TWoW; the story is very well written. Good job Moriena.

Moriena

Post by Moriena » Wed May 17, 2023 4:18 am

Darkscar wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 10:10 am
I read the latest quest The Four Dons.

Devs please add these quests to TWoW; the story is very well written. Good job Moriena.
Thank you very much! One can always hope that once the Quest Design Team is a bit less busy with their current endeavours of 1.16.6, they resume taking a look at community written quests. smiling_turtle

Aeliren

Post by Aeliren » Wed May 17, 2023 4:36 am

I absolutely love the Four Dons questchain. I gravitated to that one first because I was curious if it involved Rohan and his buddies, was not disappointed.

Haven't had time to read the others yet, but so far this is of excellent quality.
Characters:
Coilspring - 60 gnome hunter
Megwynn - 60 human rogue

Suggestions:
Pyrewood Village Suggestions
Hunter Epic Ammo Pouch Suggestion

Moriena

Post by Moriena » Wed May 17, 2023 2:21 pm

Aeliren wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:36 am
I absolutely love the Four Dons questchain. I gravitated to that one first because I was curious if it involved Rohan and his buddies, was not disappointed.

Haven't had time to read the others yet, but so far this is of excellent quality.
Thank you a lot! It means much to me! turtle_in_love

As my longest and most recent project yet, it took a long time to complete, almost four weeks in fact. It's a great feeling seeing something you worked hard and diligently on be received in such a positive way!

Regarding the questline, I often like to imagine what certain personalities are or could've been in the world of Azeroth. The Four Dons for instance - they're belongings are scattered throughout the dungeons and raids and they're only mentioned by one NPC in the game by name. So what could these characters be like? Spinning a story around these names alone was a great inspiration and challenge that needed many changes to the original draft along the writing process.

Moriena

Post by Moriena » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:05 am

Hello fellow Turtles! I bring you a new quest concept for Horde and Alliance today, a twofer so to say!
Please enjoy reading as usual. smiling_turtle_head

Terror On Purgation Isle! [8-PART QUESTLINE / NEUTRAL LVL 58+]
Rumors spread - the dead are walking among the Hillsbrad Foothills once more! No one knows where they're coming from, whether they're Scourge or an outside force. Both Horde and Alliance seek the aid of young adventurers to solve this mistery.

Marshal Redpath of Southshore and High Executor Darthalia of Tarren Mill require the help of willing heroes to quell this undead rampage that ravages both Humans and Forsaken alike. Who might be behind the roaming dead that seemingly originate from an old, forsaken island...?

Terror On Purgation Isle [Alliance] - Custom Questline in the Hillsbrad Foothills
Terror on Purgation Isle [Horde] - Custom Questline in the Hillsbrad Foothills

Ltk

Post by Ltk » Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:03 am

Did you know there is an online tool where you can add your quests to the database directly? If you do that and post the link in the official thread, the chances that your work actually gets put into the game will be higher.

https://dev.turtle-wow.org/

viewtopic.php?t=820

Moriena

Post by Moriena » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:20 pm

Ltk wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:03 am
Did you know there is an online tool where you can add your quests to the database directly? If you do that and post the link in the official thread, the chances that your work actually gets put into the game will be higher.

https://dev.turtle-wow.org/

viewtopic.php?t=820
Hey! Thank you for the advice. I, infact, started all of this by posting my first quest "A Sister Lost" into said thread. Sadly I am not tech savvy enough to understand VMangoS, so I stick to writing the concepts into .doc documents! Maybe one day I will learn to put them into the creator myself. smiling_turtle_head

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I will bring you a new neutral questline for the Arathi Highlands! I had a lot of fun writing this one - so I hope you have a lot of fun reading it! Enjoy! smiling_turtle

Lonely Ogre, Gloomy Ogre [6-PART QUESTLINE / NEUTRAL 32-34]
Fitting in isn't always as easy as others would like it to be. Sometimes you just are too different from your own kind, that not only they don't understand it, but you yourself too. A lesson Nug had to learn for himself as well.

The tiny ogre Nug lives alone from his ogre brethren in a camp outside the Boulderfist Hall. Driven out by his own people, Nug spends his days and nights in depricating isolation - until, one day, he meets an adventurer.

Lonely Ogre, Gloomy Ogre - Custom Questline in the Arathi Highlands

Moriena

Post by Moriena » Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:29 pm

Hello fellow Turtles!

After a long break, I bring you my first Horde exclusive questline! This is officially the tenth questline concept I completed! I hope you enjoy this one as well! smiling_turtle_head

A Debt To Pay [8-PART QUESTLINE / HORDE LVL 48-56]
Groha from Ogrimmar is on a mission. A personal mission. Leaving her ailing mother Gromar in friends' care, she sets out to find her last living friend: a warrior legend of the Third War.

Wanting to prove herself and the love she has for her mother, Groha goes out into Kalimdor once more to get the legendary warrior Shute're of the Warsong Clan back home. A chance encounter with the adventurer in the Crossroads is the key to overcoming this ordeal.

A Debt To Pay - Custom Questline in Crossroad/Felwood
Last edited by Moriena on Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:38 pm

That ogre quest makes me want to hug the Nug...
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...