Ban self-boosting with multiboxxing

Guunthar

Ban self-boosting with multiboxxing

Post by Guunthar » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:11 am

I've encountered a few multiboxxers using a 60 mage to boost their characters in the open world.

They take their weak warrior alts on follow and scoop every single mob up in the popular aoe spots and arcane explosion them all easily, without any risk, and to the detriment of regular players trying to level for the first time.

Is this the kind of behavior that the community approves of? I personally found it very discouraging and it slowed down my own leveling a lot while I tried to sneak in a few tags around the unkillable 60 mage waltzing through the zone taking almost 0 damage.

I'll be honest I already don't exactly agree with the current multiboxxing rules as is but I think this kind of leveling is taking things too far. It is harmful to the experience of new players and it feels antithetical to the spirit of the server.

I understand boosting itself isnt outright banned, but shouldn't boosting on turtle wow be an occasional thing you help a guildie with instead of a full 1-60 grind where your warrior alt doesn't need to hit a single mob?

Hopefully the devs can implement a level difference check like SOM but in the mean time I hope you can agree that this sort of thing has no place on turtle.

Reploidrocsa

Re: Ban self-boosting with multiboxxing

Post by Reploidrocsa » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:17 am

True boosters don't party, they tag the mobs on the low lv char and the 60 kills it.

Jokes aside, iirc you can demand the person doing such activities to clear the area for you to finish the quest, and if he refuses you can take legal actions against him/her. But not 100% sure, would have to read the rules again

Heine

Post by Heine » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:20 am

current rules allow 2 box activities without automation programms
(key sending is not an utomation)

this sort of thing has no place on turtle.
why ?

Guunthar

Post by Guunthar » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:22 am

Boosting openly with no consequences? That is the issue at hand, not multiboxxing itself.

Guunthar

Post by Guunthar » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:24 am

Having two similar level characters multiboxxing takes skill and the player has to consider their actions whereas a 60 mage with a 20 warrior mows down the entire zone without thinking and takes all the spawns from normal players.

Heine

Post by Heine » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:25 am

They can implement a system where low lvl character has to do >50% mob's hp damage to recieve experience, i've seen this on other servers.
But please make it after i boost my priest xd

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:26 am

Yeah, it's pretty rude behavior, especially considering how crowded the server can be now and how they could easily AOE grind in an instance and disturb no one. I think maybe a new rule against this AOE boosting could be a good idea.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:45 am

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:17 am
True boosters don't party, they tag the mobs on the low lv char and the 60 kills it.
This right here, this is the bug that needs to be fixed. This isn't blizzlike at all
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:42 am

Heine wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:25 am
They can implement a system where low lvl character has to do >50% mob's hp damage to recieve experience, i've seen this on other servers.
But please make it after i boost my priest xd
I believe this system already works for NPC guards.
I'd also add that this system should also work for reputation. This kind of boosting is not that obvious, but still possible.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Geojak
Has liked: 28 times

Post by Geojak » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:17 pm

Ugoboom wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:45 am
Reploidrocsa wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:17 am
This right here, this is the bug that needs to be fixed. This isn't blizzlike at all
i am not so sure.
back in 2006 i once boosted a hunter in burnist steppes killing the elite dragons on my raid warrior. we would not group up on purpose and he would get like 1.3k exp per kill. it was blizzlike.. at least at some point in time

Element19090

Post by Element19090 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:56 pm

Guunthar wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:11 am
I've encountered a few multiboxxers using a 60 mage to boost their characters in the open world.

They take their weak warrior alts on follow and scoop every single mob up in the popular aoe spots and arcane explosion them all easily, without any risk, and to the detriment of regular players trying to level for the first time.

Is this the kind of behavior that the community approves of? I personally found it very discouraging and it slowed down my own leveling a lot while I tried to sneak in a few tags around the unkillable 60 mage waltzing through the zone taking almost 0 damage.

I'll be honest I already don't exactly agree with the current multiboxxing rules as is but I think this kind of leveling is taking things too far. It is harmful to the experience of new players and it feels antithetical to the spirit of the server.

I understand boosting itself isnt outright banned, but shouldn't boosting on turtle wow be an occasional thing you help a guildie with instead of a full 1-60 grind where your warrior alt doesn't need to hit a single mob?

Hopefully the devs can implement a level difference check like SOM but in the mean time I hope you can agree that this sort of thing has no place on turtle.
I have encountred this twice actually and i just asked if i could have an invite for the quest i needed done and they were polite enough to invite me so i can get the kills i needed. Actually made the quest easier and quicker. Have you tried just asking for an invite?
Alyn - Level 60 High Elf Mage

Amalar - level 41 - Night elf Rogue

Uada - Level 28 - Human Warlock

No I never played on Elysium, stop asking me. The name was from the name randomizer.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:42 am

Geojak wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:17 pm
i am not so sure.
back in 2006 i once boosted a hunter in burnist steppes killing the elite dragons on my raid warrior. we would not group up on purpose and he would get like 1.3k exp per kill. it was blizzlike.. at least at some point in time
Eh by 1.12 it was fixed, and it didn't show up in classic either. point is, blizz knew boosting was lame
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.