Mechanical Pets for Gnome and Goblin Hunters

Masterbird1

Mechanical Pets for Gnome and Goblin Hunters

Post by Masterbird1 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:42 am

Now, i know Engineer has the option of making Mechanical Squirrels and the Battle Chicken, but i would like to see the option of taming mechanical type mobs. Could easily be locked behind a gnome/goblin class quest, making those two more unique to play.

This could be hard to balance of course, but i would be satisfied with just a few ones that could be tamed

Geojak
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Mechanical Pets for Gnome and Goblin Hunters

Post by Geojak » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:28 pm

And they would eat just flask of oils and other engine parts

Faustorgo

Post by Faustorgo » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:59 pm

That could be nice, really nice.

Jubabuba

Post by Jubabuba » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:16 pm

++ would be a great addition to roleplay. You could roleplay a real goblin/gnome engineer.

Adso777

Post by Adso777 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:02 am

That'd be so AWESOME and would totally fit the gnome/goblin hunter custom class. In fact it'd give a reason why to roll one. I don't see the balancing problem: just make one mecha pet for each typical type of pet class: offensive, defensive and mixed. You could use the models that are already in the game even if those are only chicken and...squirrel(?)

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:56 am

Well this an impact for balancing. Mechanical mobs are immune to sheep, fear, sleep & mindcontrol. So that has some implications for encounters.

For pve thats probably fine. The "worst" that players could do is try tank hakkar with a pet since its mc immune or enjoy the fear immunity on ony, magmadar & nef. Thats niche enough so nobody should get butthurt.

For pvp on the other hand it could become a problem. Priests, Druid & Warlocks often CC a pet when fighting hunters.

I really like the flavor of the change. But i think that would be have to addressed somehow. Maybe give them the Beast tag and put it in quotations ;)

Markuis

Post by Markuis » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:00 am

The problems here are:
1-Balance. Easy circumvented by having the pet feature some "emotion core" that leaves it vulnerable to CC like the other pets.
2-New pet family. Devs said they won't add more pet families. Well, modifying one family could be enough, turning it into "mechanical", while merging the former with an existing one.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:23 am

Well thats not how the game works. there is a clientside check when you begin to cast a spell if the target is a valid target. So the client will block you from casting sheep onto a mechanical target.

That entire check will have to get circumvented & replaced to be able to cast hibernate or polymorph on a pet with tag "mechanical". And even if we leave the pets immune to CC, tame beast uses the same target restriction.

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:17 am

When they added Forsaken Hunters to the game, they also changed a bunch of the darkhounds in Tirisfal from demon type to beast type so that they could be tamed. If you were to add mechanical beasts to the game for hunters to tame, I imagine the way you'd do that is by making them beast type and not mechanical type.