Are you going to open a new server (for example, wpvp)?

Rukopashka

Are you going to open a new server (for example, wpvp)?

Post by Rukopashka » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:07 pm

a lot of players have come to Turtle WoW now and many of them love pvp, would you like to open a wpvp or pvp server?

Andromath

Re: Are you going to open a new server (for example, wpvp)?

Post by Andromath » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:09 pm

Warmode seems like the answer to this question. A second server would probably just end up being a ghost-town.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:09 pm

Staff has stated that they have neither the resources to run nor any plans or desire to open a second realm in the forseeable future.

Geojak
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Geojak » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:43 pm

I would like, to see more quests that have you kill pvp flagged npcs. Like thaz one quests you have to kill the barov in the other, factions argent Dawn Camp. Or Nathanos. Or the scouts killing in swamp of sorrows.

These quests can organically introduced some world pvp with rp possibilities

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:42 am

Warmode and wpvp as objectives can definitely be elaborated upon without fracturing the community into two servers that also would double the expense of running these servers.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:06 am

World pvp in vanilla is dull and unappealing. Its all lead to ganking low levels with high levels.
In terms of ranking, wpvp is not even an options.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Illyane

Post by Illyane » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:30 am

+1 Ugoboom :)

Akalix
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Akalix » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:43 am

We are open to suggestions on how to expand on our Warmode gamemode, however, we will not be opening another realm in the foreseeable future. It would cause far more damage than it would be worth.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Kefke
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Kefke » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:37 pm

So, this might be controversial, but I think it would be a good idea to aggressively scale honor rewards from World PVP. Make it much more appealing to go after fair fights, and allow diminishing returns on killing lower level players to go into negative values (so if someone is grey for you, and you kill them several times in a short span of time, it starts counting as dishonorable kills). More importantly, though, make it so that honorable kills in the open world are worth more than that same kill would be in a battleground. Perhaps significantly so.

Beyond that, and off the top of my head, some things that (I have no idea how feasible to implement they are, but) might encourage a healthy PVP environment include;
  • Making it so Warmode rewards PVP play specifically, rather than being something everyone wants to take, even if they don't want or are strongly opposed to PVP. *
  • Offer more and better rewards for PVP at each rank. Mostly gear and consumables, but another intriguing possibility might be if at a certain rank each class could buy a "manual" that taught them a new spell/ability focused primarily for PVP play. I'm not enough of a PVP guru to think I could come up with a full list of balanced abilities on the fly, but one thought I have is that these abilities need not be equal. For instance, in the current PVP meta, Paladin would probably only get something relatively minor and/or situational, since they don't need buffing in PVP.
  • Add an item that can be collected off the bodies of ranked players in world PVP (essentially dog tags or some other mark of rank), drop chance improved based on rank and level, and further adjusted based on level difference. With repeatable turn-ins for gold or useful consumables, and small amounts of faction rep. Maybe have different tiers based on ranks, so there are better bounties on "high value targets".
  • More PVP focused quests. Not like the bounty boards, but either things like "Kill X players of this rank.", or quests into contested zones where, when you do the quest, opposite faction players in the area who are PVP flagged get a popup offering them an opposition quest to stop you.

Cortapotty

Post by Cortapotty » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:11 pm

Great idea, Kefke!

^^^
I've always thought it was cooler to be fighting out in the open world compared to the same old battlegrounds.

Ravenstone
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Ravenstone » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:20 pm

I doubt Warmode will ever serve its intended purpose. WPvP just doesn't work very well. Even during Classic the PvP servers didn't want to PvP out in the world really.

I'd prefer to see zones specfically designed for WPvP. Basically uninstance AV, and instead of it being with win/loss honor assigned at the end, just make it a high level area anyone can go to and have a good supply of herbs/ores.or something else to incentivise people to go there. Could even have quests the venture deeper into enemy territory to kill NPCs for rewards.

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:13 pm

I think this thread should be closed right after Akalix reply.
All other replies should go in separate thread regarding warmode.
I don't really want to keep theme named "are you going to open a new server" up in recent threads.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.