The PVP Pala Problem

Xudo

Re: The PVP Pala Problem

Post by Xudo » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:53 pm

I believe that large part of paladins population are not ideological dedicated alliance players.
Right now, paladins are considered as most productive way to get kills in PvP. Thats why a lot of people follow this trend and pick paladin to get easy dophamine.
I believe, that most of them has main character of other class.
When paladins get nerfed, all those people will be disappointed a little and just level other character with other class. Specifically to class which will be able to do easy kills in new set of rules.
They always in pursuit of imbalanced option to kill others and it is irrelevant which side should they play: horde or alliance.

Thats why I think next imba should be available to all factions. It would be fun to see battleground with 10vs10 arms warriors or BM hunters. There should be other imba after 4 months. It will keep people busy. Buffing and nerfing classes is a sort of keeping players engaged.
Ideally, buff and nerf should be informed in advance, so people level proper character.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:13 pm

Or you could ... You know... Try to make the game not horribly lobsided and bring any class to pvp and have fun?

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:42 pm

Kairion wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:13 pm
Or you could ... You know... Try to make the game not horribly lobsided and bring any class to pvp and have fun?
Nah. It is like solving task about mathematical optimisation will hundreds of coefficients. There always be absolute maximal extremum. If you reduce one coeffecient, then extremum moves, but it will remain there.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:15 pm

"dont even try make the game better - some neckbeard will prove warrior is 0.02% better than druid either way"

That mentality goes against making class changes in the first place. People would be happy just play warrior if fair balancing amond dps specs wouldnt matter. Yet the paladins cling on to hs for dear life

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:06 pm

The whole "Alliance is worse than Horde in PVP due to op racials" needs to die. This might have been true in the older patches but it most certainly is not true for 1.12 where Turtle started of.

People quickly realized in Classic that Alliance was superior in pre-made PVP groups with Paladin compared to Horde and Shamans even with their "OP PVP Racials". It was more even with a slight edge to the Horde in randoms.

Guess what happened in Season of Mastery? People rolled Alliance even on PVP Servers. Why? Because they are superior in PVE AND PVP, at the very least organized PVP which is the only one that really matters for the most part at level 60.

On Turtle it's especially bad because Elementals were nerfed, Shamans overall did not receive a lot of buffs and they just remained stagnant in PVP.

Paladin? I won't get started on that anymore. Love child of the Devs.

Artofwill

Post by Artofwill » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:42 pm

Many great points brought up in the thread, and I think many of not all of them contribute to the result we see today. Moving forward I think we have to ask why haven't the Devs done anything about it? I imagine they must be busy with creating new content for sure, but some acknowledgement to the topic at hand would also be great to see. Love to hear some thoughts about it.

Remorsx

Post by Remorsx » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:46 pm

my suggestion to this "pala OP" problem is to simply enable the cross faction BGs as everything else is already cross factioned. Wouldn't make any side bad because paladins will be playing at both sides