Patch 1.17.0 — Beyond the Greymane Wall

Allwynd01

Re: Patch 1.16.6 — Work in progress!

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:18 am

Noce wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:34 am
improve shamans pls!

troll druids pls. human hunter makes perfect sence. more so than human warlocks. mbe only orcs should be warlocs/dk. that couldv'e been one class mixed. later on dk could be for all other races. more sence imo was for us to have necromances from start since all races practiced nercomancy rather than comune with demons.

that would be nice touch, prob imposible, to have new classes such as nercos, dk, dh, monks. also undead should have all undead races to choose since scourge didnt pick only humans to rise from dead i guess. that would be also amazing touch to add. and much more.. :)
All classes in expansions are barely canon and are all very stupid. Aside from Monk, Demon Hunter and Death Knight are pure edgelord material classes. Maximum level cringe. Gotta be an emo kid listening to Linkin Park and self-pitying all day long to play those classes.

Sure there are characters that were those classes, but as playable classes they are a joke. They all feel like fan service and just pandering to the players and granting them every wish so they can keep pouring money and financing WoW's existence.

I think your perspective is very wrong to look at Turtle WoW and compare it to all the stupid changes and additions that official expansions received. Turtle WoW is aiming to do things that were never done in WoW before - adding new zones that were never added or expanding existing ones that always made sense to be expanded but never were. So don't think that Turtle WoW is trying to copy what Retail is doing or any of the Retail additions/changes are valid or potentially possible in Turtle WoW.

Simply put, with Turtle WoW - expect the unexpected.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:33 am

My expectation with Turtle WoW has been that they will put some effort towards fan service (such as making High Elves playable), but with a sharp eye towards the lore. Which is to say, to the lore primarily as it existed during Classic, before some of the more questionable changes that came later. So basically, I expect new things in the spirit of Classic WoW.

Aykhanchik

Post by Aykhanchik » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:45 am

I hope Turtle Team will have some focus on further class changes/tweaking, because, although i enjoyed the existing changes and am thankful to the team for all the work they've put in it, a lot of those changes are far from perfect and some are unfortunately bad.

Once again, I understand it's a lot of work, but perhaps some sort of cooperation can be done between devs and veteran players in order to ensure good quality of class revamps.

Perhaps some sort of closed PTR for selected members of the community.

Thanks for all the good work though, the server is amazing.
Zarathushtra - Priest

There are no cows in the water.

Original3

Post by Original3 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:53 am

Looking forward to the new patch, good luck and a lot of patience with it. <3
Please, also check class forums and consider suggestions from players. I can say for myself, that shaman community is upset with Shaman's current state, and their ideas sound really interesting. :)

Noce

Post by Noce » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:17 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:18 am
Noce wrote:

well, the unexpected is that turtle will do good where blizz did wrong. whats wrong with having things like new classes and make them better. so far turtle did good job in keeping it with vanilla lore. but all i sed is with vanilla lore. and whats wrong in having diversity and options. blizz didnt expand nicely from wc3 to vanilla. they forgot or neglected alot. and since we are in business of fantasy we can imagine things and suggest to turtle staff. not that they dont have knowlege or anithing. but blizz didnt listen to customers and turtle knows better.

Raktul

Post by Raktul » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:51 am

Maybe some day we will get Spirit Walker for Tauren and just for Tauren.

...and yes i know that if they do this they can do Shadow Hunter for Trolls and all of this can get out of hand BUT i think most of the people playing and/or working on this server would be cool with something like this.
New troll here!
What ju wan'me kill?

Notusk

Post by Notusk » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:06 pm

I'm surprised there is so little mention of buffing Shamans and especially Enhancement Shamans. They've always been that fun spec that nobody plays because it's not viable. On a server like Turtle WoW, it's the perfect opportunity to fix that.

The thing is everyone looks at it from a way too complex perspective. They don't need new cool abilities, big revamps or whatnot. Just take a look at the average DPS charts for Enh Shamans, and then just tweak a minor ability accordingly like a crit talent, or dmg increase talent or something. If they consistently do 15-20% less dps than other dps, then just tweak a talent or ability to yield a dps boost accordingly. Doesn't need to be topping the meters but just to get them up a bit.

Usually the issue is that it translates unfavorably to PvP but enhancement shamans have never been a problem in PvP and increasing their sustained DPS aren't going to make them monsters suddenly in PvP. Don't give them a new ability that just destroys shit, just increase their crit by X% or something equivalent which will increase their sustained dps but isn't suddenly going to make them monsters in PvP.

It's an easy change to bring one of the most childlike fun specs in the game into the fray. They have enough fun stuff, they don't need new spells. Just up their numbers a bit to give them the ole sustained DPS boost.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:33 pm

Noce wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:17 am
Allwynd01 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:18 am
Noce wrote:

well, the unexpected is that turtle will do good where blizz did wrong. whats wrong with having things like new classes and make them better. so far turtle did good job in keeping it with vanilla lore. but all i sed is with vanilla lore. and whats wrong in having diversity and options. blizz didnt expand nicely from wc3 to vanilla. they forgot or neglected alot. and since we are in business of fantasy we can imagine things and suggest to turtle staff. not that they dont have knowlege or anithing. but blizz didnt listen to customers and turtle knows better.
People have been asking for new classes since the server appeared in 2018. Necromancers, Death Knights, whatever. It doesn't mean it's going to happen. Also there is no point in adding existing classes since Activision already released them in Retail, no matter how much of a cringe material they are.

Aszura

Post by Aszura » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:05 pm

can we get tauren/gnome priest please?

Vitalius

Post by Vitalius » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:36 pm

I don't like a part about opening the gate of Gilneas. I'll rather keep Gilneas closed and let players explore this kingdom as smugglers or something like that. Simply letting people through the wall and especially adding Gilneas as Alliance or Alliance-leaning kingdom (if that the case) would be bad narrative choice. Also shattering the gate means that quests about refugee camp near the wall must be removed or redesigned.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:43 pm

Akalix wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:57 am
Shamma wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:58 am
Which race do u guys think will be the 1st race to be able to roll all classes?
Won't be one on Turtle.
OK, then what class do u guys this will be the next one to be available to all races?
Cos it used to be only warrior, now hunter is also universal.
Step-by-step. One at a time.

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:05 pm

Kaktus96 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:24 am
I just can't really think of a class that would fit Tauren other than the 4 they can already be.
Priest? This one is the most likely but still doesn't make too much sense unless we pretend they don't use the power of the light but the sun.
Ehhh, Trolls, Undead, and Night Elves probably don't use the power of the light either. Would be a stretch imo to assume the Tauren wouldn't or couldn't learn, especially since they have an entire set of UD trainers in TB that could reasonably start teaching them everything they'd need to know to start priesting. MAybe it's the shadowpriest aspect that's throwing people?

Wingo

Post by Wingo » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:48 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:42 am
Wingo wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:24 am
I think blizzard add it soon after vanilla right.
Try Cataclysm. Unlikely addition since it breaks game feel. All of vanilla is running simulator my friend.
It's not about proposing people go play this and that version of game. I love vanilla and know what does it mean to run back and forth. It's about making the leveling experience on pair with other faction - it's know fact that horde quest hubs is better in 30-50 lvl range - better positioned and with fly master

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:13 pm

Vitalius wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:36 pm
I don't like a part about opening the gate of Gilneas. I'll rather keep Gilneas closed and let players explore this kingdom as smugglers or something like that. Simply letting people through the wall and especially adding Gilneas as Alliance or Alliance-leaning kingdom (if that the case) would be bad narrative choice. Also shattering the gate means that quests about refugee camp near the wall must be removed or redesigned.
This so much. Silverpine forest has been always a contested zone but mostly between the Dalaran Mages and the Horde. If they now throw in Gilneas, who basically abandoned the Human Alliance and told them to get fucked, and put them into the Alliance then it will just be terrible story-telling on the level of Blizzard.

Those people were, after the opening of the gate, "Invaded" by their own soldiers that were infected by the Worgen. With all the time passing I would expect Gilneas to be a ravaged land where there might be a little village with survivors that try to fend off the rabid Worgen that are all around them and they are failing at that.

Tasman

Post by Tasman » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:28 pm

Torta wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:27 am
Bayanni wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:19 am
Also, are there more class tweaks/changes coming under that gameplay section?
Not exactly class design tweaks, but there'll be some changes. This patch is going to be very big and important.
Do you mean class/race skills like priests and shamans have now?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:48 pm

Wingo wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:48 pm
Redmagejoe wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:42 am
Wingo wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:24 am
I think blizzard add it soon after vanilla right.
Try Cataclysm.
It's not about proposing people go play this and that version of game.
I believe you misread my response, so I pruned everything down to the relevant context. I was stating "Incorrect, it was not soon after vanilla. It was Cataclysm, which was 3 expansions later."

Aszura

Post by Aszura » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:55 am

A little suggestion and feedback

Dont add human hunter with the excuse of "assistance from high elves"
A hunter has nothing to do with nature (except night elf and tauren) and a high elf also has nothing to do with nature, they were born from magic and also taught humans how to be mages

There are no problem in just saying "I can shoot a gun and train dogs. Wanna learn it too?" Humans already know how to hunt and tame animals, is the Basic of human society

The Scarlet crusade also have hunters (houndmasters) they shoot and they have dogs. And there's no problem with that

If you guys want to add an excuse about learning nature and stuff from another race, use the dwarves. Not elves...

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:49 am

Aszura wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:55 am
A little suggestion and feedback

Dont add human hunter with the excuse of "assistance from high elves"
A hunter has nothing to do with nature (except night elf and tauren) and a high elf also has nothing to do with nature, they were born from magic and also taught humans how to be mages

There are no problem in just saying "I can shoot a gun and train dogs. Wanna learn it too?" Humans already know how to hunt and tame animals, is the Basic of human society

The Scarlet crusade also have hunters (houndmasters) they shoot and they have dogs. And there's no problem with that

If you guys want to add an excuse about learning nature and stuff from another race, use the dwarves. Not elves...
A massive amount of High Elven refugees are coming from Farstrider Lodge to the Elwynn Forest. I'ts only natural they'd want to establish a few training camps for their hunters here and there, and nothing stops humans from joining them! Why'd dwarves come to the Elwynn Forest to train humans? We're not join to change our approach, since it'd absolutely out of place to invite dwarven trainers to teach both humans and elves how to hunt :)

Freddofooz

Post by Freddofooz » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:00 pm

Very excited for Gilneas! The future of this server is bright.

Aykhanchik

Post by Aykhanchik » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:22 pm

Kaktus96 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:24 am
Bayanni wrote:
Hype for Gilneas, but I agree with Plainbear. Tauren still have the lowest total class count and could use at least 1-2 more options. If Paladin isn't possible, then Priest would be my recommendation.

I just can't really think of a class that would fit Tauren other than the 4 they can already be.
Paladin? No. Alliance exclusive. Unless alliance gets shamans.
Rogues? Not really. Unless the Grimtotem show them some kind of hidden stealth ability idk.
Mage and Warlock? Not really. Doesn't fit with the Tauren at all.
Priest? This one is the most likely but still doesn't make too much sense unless we pretend they don't use the power of the light but the sun.

Unless they plan the unthinkable and add shaman/paladin to alliance/horde.
Actually, Tauren priest lore makes a lot of sense. They venerate An'She, god of Sun who is either related or IS an iteration of the Light. In later expansions, Sunwalker lore is pretty well established and none of it is a retcon, because in current vanilla lore, there is nothing mentioned about An'She that would conflict with custom priest lore
Zarathushtra - Priest

There are no cows in the water.

Ravenstone
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Ravenstone » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:59 pm

Aykhanchik wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:22 pm
Actually, Tauren priest lore makes a lot of sense. They venerate An'She, god of Sun who is either related or IS an iteration of the Light. In later expansions, Sunwalker lore is pretty well established and none of it is a retcon, because in current vanilla lore, there is nothing mentioned about An'She that would conflict with custom priest lore
I never understood why the Tauren went a long with the Night Elves when becoming Druids after worshiping the sun for so long. Seemed like they just decided to ignore all their history and worship the moon/Elune instead just to make Druid not faction locked. I always thought they should have gotten a Sunfire instead of Moonfire, could have been split into racial abilities but in essence just be mirror spells. Though then you'd probably have to rework/rename Starfire since the sun is a star.

Zyrael

Post by Zyrael » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:41 pm

Torta wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:27 am
Bayanni wrote:
Not exactly class design tweaks, but there'll be some changes. This patch is going to be very big and important.
Melee hunter buffs/tweaks please turtle_in_love_head

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:59 pm

Tauren should 100% be able to become Priests. If Night Elves can become Priests due to Elune (They do not worship the light) then I don't see why Tauren can't become Priests of An'She.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:25 pm

I vote no to tautens becoming priests.

Don’t do it.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:28 pm

In that case they should remove Night Elf Priests asap. They do not worship the Light but Elune.

Balor

Post by Balor » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:40 pm

Playable ogres when? One of the original horde races needs some love since blizzard won't do it.

Freddofooz

Post by Freddofooz » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:51 pm

Balor wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:40 pm
Playable ogres when? One of the original horde races needs some love since blizzard won't do it.
Only problem with that is that they would need to Introduce a new ally race as well, and i don't think anyone agrees on what that would be.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:01 pm

As great as it is that people have enthusiasm when talking about new playable races, they should really consider the arguments against in the other 500 threads about adding other races. The feasibility alone is an issue, the sheer amount of work it would take, and it doesn't seem like the reward would be worth it. Ultimately, you'd have 10 people playing the race, some of whom would get over it quickly once the novelty had worn off, and the team just doesn't have the resources to divert from content development for that sort of cost/benefit ratio.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:21 pm

Freddofooz wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:51 pm
Balor wrote:
Only problem with that is that they would need to Introduce a new ally race as well, and i don't think anyone agrees on what that would be.
Honestly, it wouldn’t even be necessary.

I made a post about ogre and blood elf suggestion. The link is below if you wanna check it out.

Abqwkjg

Post by Abqwkjg » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:26 pm

Littlebirdd wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:29 am
Will there be new troll armors and glaives on this patch? and 1-hander glaives that sheaths straight in the back like a 2hander weapon, and also the armors of this cool looking npc i've just found in-game, it looks so cool for any races!
It's a Northrend Wotlk set https://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=19 ... ce-recolor

Reaperhaze122

Post by Reaperhaze122 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:10 am

PLLEEEASSEEE make goblins look better XD

Pauloricardo

Post by Pauloricardo » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:49 am

Reaperhaze122 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:10 am
PLLEEEASSEEE make goblins look better XD
Hi, I have a silly question(sorry by that) but: is it possible to use the Cataclysm goblin appearance?I think not but I will answer it anyway happy_turtle_head

Littlebirdd

Post by Littlebirdd » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:02 am

give us cloth version for this too pleasee https://www.wowhead.com/item=3313/cerem ... er-harness
Headhunter Jasta of the Darkspear Tribe and Horde

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:29 am

Balor wrote:
Playable ogres would be great. One of those things Blizzard never did but Turtle Wow definitely should try.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:57 am

Freddofooz wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:51 pm
Balor wrote:
My pick is have Alliance Goblins so a new race doesn't need to be added, since there are already goblins that work in, and even for, the Alliance.