Deutschen Client

Krod

Deutschen Client

Post by Krod » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:19 am

Hi
Gibt es eine Möglichkeit Turtle auf deutsch zu spielen?
Will das Spiel jemandem zeigen der eher ungern auf englisch spielt.

Allwynd01

Re: Deutschen Client

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:48 am

I can't tell you for sure if it's possible. The game uses a custom client that is English-only. I'm using some addons like "PF Quest" which I think are allowing the option to translate quest text into some popular languages, including German. But I think when I tried it on a few custom Turtle WoW quests, that don't exist in the normal game, the quest translation didn't work.

So to my understanding, to play Turtle WoW in German would mean to have the client UI in English, having the custom Turtle WoW quests also in English and only to have the original quests in German. It's far from ideal.

I think this is partly because maintaining one client (English) is far easier for a private server team than multiple different clients as it seems unfeasible. Also the custom quests have to be manually translated to every language as the translation tool for the original quests is most likely pulling data from the original quest text in different supported languages for the game.

Nocciola

Post by Nocciola » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:50 am

@Staff
This was also in my mind, after got an error at the Update (had still a german-client installed for a mangos-pServer).
I never modified WOW-Stuff before, but I translated a lot of stuff for other games/mods (Minecraft, SDV, Terraria...).
If you think you need someone for a projectIdea to make a germanClient, just write me a message.

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:26 pm

Hi, Krod o/ There is a way to hear in-game voice over in german. Ask in the german discord, they can help. Specifically look for Cavy.

And in german in case you don't speak english.
"Hi, Krod o/ Es gibt eine moeglichkeit zumindest die Stimmen in Deutsch zu hoeren.Frage im deutschen Discord Kanal nach, suche spezeiell nach der Person Cavy"

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:59 pm

Aydea wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:26 pm
Hi, Krod o/ There is a way to hear in-game voice over in german. Ask in the german discord, they can help. Specifically look for Cavy.

And in german in case you don't speak english.
"Hi, Krod o/ Es gibt eine moeglichkeit zumindest die Stimmen in Deutsch zu hoeren.Frage im deutschen Discord Kanal nach, suche spezeiell nach der Person Cavy"
I am Cavy and I have no clue about the voice over addon thingy, sorry.

I think, you are mixing up something. You can make Pfquest show non custom quests in German, but the client and custom quests are still in English, if you do that. Since that makes things confusing, I'm not using it - but you can.

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:59 pm

Cavy,

You can use a german "speech.mpq" file (from a german installation) and place it in the TWoW data folder. That way you get german voices. I mentioned this on discord in various other language channels a while ago. :)

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:56 pm

Aydea wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:59 pm
Cavy,

You can use a german "speech.mpq" file (from a german installation) and place it in the TWoW data folder. That way you get german voices. I mentioned this on discord in various other language channels a while ago. :)
That's pretty cool! I just wanted to stress that I don't know anything about that, after you mentioned me. ;-)

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:10 pm

It is all good. :) My apologies for wrongfully directing towards you. I meant no harm nor any offense. It was a beneign gesture made entirely in good faith. :)

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:24 pm

Oh no, don't worry! I'm flattered, just clueless (well, I was - now I know, so not anymore!). Sending love your way for helping people play the game in their native language!