Tauren: Plainsrunning

Pompa

Tauren: Plainsrunning

Post by Pompa » Mon May 27, 2019 8:33 pm

Greetings!

As usual, we are bringing back another discarded feature. This time it's the turn of taurens, because we are implementing Plainsrunning!

Originally taurens were going to have this skill instead of kodo mounts... but now they can have both!

How does this skill work? You might be wondering...
  • When you activate the skill and start running, your speed will increase progressively: 20% > 40% > 60% or 40% > 60% > 100%, depending on your riding skill (yes, you still need riding skill, because if not, you'd be afraid of high speeds!). It takes more or less 5 seconds to gain the full speed.
  • When you stop running, the speed will progressively decrease until 20% or 40%.
  • If you receive damage while running, you will progressively lose speed until completely removing Plainsrunning (0%).
Go ahead and talk to Harb Clawhoof in Bloodhoof Village to start the Plainsrunning journey!
You'll need to be at least level 40 to start the quest chain.

Big thanks to Sinrek for writing the quest chain lore!

Kodos are for giving love! Not for riding.

To celebrate the addition of Plainsrunning, we are adding a new pet to the store called [Kodo Calfling].
It will have a reduced price of 25 Turtle Tokens for a limited period of time!

Kizzi

Re: Tauren: Plainsrunning

Post by Kizzi » Mon May 27, 2019 9:23 pm

Well done, I have never seen this feature in actual action.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Mon May 27, 2019 9:48 pm

Nice!
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Frosty

Post by Frosty » Mon May 27, 2019 9:59 pm

Interesting! Looking forward to see it working.
Swift death by hoof in PvP... I don't like it, I don't like it.

Torkes

Post by Torkes » Tue May 28, 2019 8:48 am

You got me back, I'm recovering my password.

Onyxia

Post by Onyxia » Tue May 28, 2019 9:48 am

Turtle WoW is the best WoW.

Distortedshadow

Post by Distortedshadow » Wed May 29, 2019 2:03 pm

<Mistmane Tribe> recruiting new taurens!

Kalocsa

Post by Kalocsa » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:57 pm

These Sands of Time releases are amazing.

I have an old book, the 1st edition of strategy book for WoW. There is some of a big old content including old templates and old informations in the old releases.
(Spirit was increasing the chance of Windfury proc!).
Can't wait to get back on this book and tell something crusty on a topic!
"Even the biggest mouth clam on a thread, can enclose a goldern pearl."

Skullmiser

Post by Skullmiser » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:02 am

I discovered Dodgykebab while he was doing the quest for plainsrunning for his video. He needed me to make him silk bandages. I didn't know who he was but he explained to me what a big deal he was as a youtuber, and told me to ask my guild, because someone would definitely know who he is.
What a douche.

Torta

Post by Torta » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:23 am

Skullmiser wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:02 am
I discovered Dodgykebab while he was doing the quest for plainsrunning for his video. He needed me to make him silk bandages. I didn't know who he was but he explained to me what a big deal he was as a youtuber, and told me to ask my guild, because someone would definitely know who he is.
What a douche.
We're just getting old! Recently, when someone asked me what I think of PewDiePie or whatever his name is, I replied with: "Who's that?"

Alkalineheal

Post by Alkalineheal » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:43 pm

I cant seem to pick up this quest. I have already bought a kodo but the quest never appeared. scared_turtle_head did I miss it somehow?

Hctwowfan

Post by Hctwowfan » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:39 pm

iirc the quest starts in Bloodhoof Village in Mulgore and eventually leads to Samantha swifthoof in stv. You don't need a kodo for plainsrunning but you need to learn riding to use it.
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Oronil Lenymo

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:01 pm

I love these posts from a different time. They radiate kindness and love. turtle_in_love_head

Alkalineheal

Post by Alkalineheal » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:41 pm

Hctwowfan wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:39 pm
iirc the quest starts in Bloodhoof Village in Mulgore and eventually leads to Samantha swifthoof in stv. You don't need a kodo for plainsrunning but you need to learn riding to use it.
Thanks for for the advice! Unfortunately I cannot see the quest from Harb Clawhoof in Bloodhoof Village. Even after I
just installed a new client with no addons. I'm a level 46 Tauren with riding and a kodo. iv seen players under 60 with plainstriding so I am confused as to why I'm unable to receive this quest. Is it possible that I have abandoned it and It will not reappear?

Hctwowfan

Post by Hctwowfan » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:04 pm

Plainsrunning is available at level 40.

Are you absolutely certain that you never started the quest chain in Bloodhoof Village? As you already said, you have the riding skill and a kodo - if you did not pick them up just recently, you might have already started the chain and abandoned it somewhere along the way. Follow every step in the quest chain provided here https://database.turtle-wow.org/?quest=3578

You can query the server for quest completion status via the script

/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(3578))

where 3578 is the quest id. You can look up quest IDs in the twow database. If above script does not work, that's because it might be the classic client version of the script. You'd need a vanilla version of it. Couldn't find any googling on phone.

Once you checked every quest part and travelled to them to confirm that they don't give you the next part of the quest (so no mistakes on your end), I'd ask a gm for help in-game via ticket. gl
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Oronil Lenymo

Alkalineheal

Post by Alkalineheal » Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:00 am

This helped a lot! thank you! It turns out that I did start and then abandon the quest chain. I
checked again after deleting my WDB folder "At have hoof will travel" and was able to pickup and continue the quest chain! CheersMate!