Patch 1.16.4 — Tel'Abim, Winter Veil Vale & more!

Torta

Patch 1.16.4 — Tel'Abim, Winter Veil Vale & more!

Post by Torta » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:13 pm

Greetings!

The world of Azeroth, the ever-changing blue beauty… harbors many mysteries. Prepare to unravel more secrets hidden behind the drapes of Mysteries of Azeroth in the next Patch 1.16.4 coming on December 20. Featuring 260 new quests and new zones, there is much to be done.

Dust off your bows, staves, axes, and swords and return to adventures once again, be the hero that the inhabitants of Azeroth need!

The soundtrack is also available on our Soundcloud — TU:RUL — Anchor's Fall.

Unexpected Visitors in Durotar
  • Anchor's Edge: Kul Tirans of the expeditionary fleet led by Lieutenant Alverold have finally returned, the promised reinforcements of Tiragarde. Settling on a new island that has been called Anchor's Edge, just south of the Echo Isles. Already, scouts and commandos have pushed into the southern Echo Isles and may become a threat to the Horde if not dealt with in time!
  • A Kul Tiran Embassy now rests in the Stormwind Harbor, the Kingdom of Kul Tiras and Stormwind have opened diplomatic ties once again, but the stubborn nature of Kul Tirans and their hatred of the Horde may prove to be trouble for Stormwind with more torches on the pyre of War.

An Effort to Cleanse Felwood
  • Bloodvenom Post has been redesigned to fit a troll expedition.
  • Talonbranch Glade: The Ancient Treant Ethwyr sacrificed himself to cleanse this part of Felwood. Now, druids loyal to Fandral study the area, trying to replicate his feat. But not all is what it seems.
  • Shrine of the Betrayer: An ancient statue devoted to Illidan, built by the exiled highborne a millennia ago. It is currently occupied by blood elves and a wayward demon hunter.
Shift in The Tides of Stonetalon
  • Powder Town: Once aligned with the Venture Company, Nazz Firecracker sees an opportunity with the Durotar Labor Union (Mostly from being underpaid) and aligns his town with the Horde for new ventures. Find out if Powder Town's loyalties are true, and discover why this settlement is called 'Powder Town' in the first place.
  • Bramblethorn Pass: Located in eastern Stonetalon Mountains, in the hills above Windshear Lumbermill to the southeast, the Bramblethorn Quillboar have discovered a great evil, now retreating to the southern passageway to avoid the ghosts of their once kin on the upper cliffs.
  • Bael Hardul: Once established during the Third War during the battles of Stonetalon Peak, this dwarvish settlement has been reoccupied by the Explorers' League, looking to use it as a base of operations to see if dwarven ancestry can be linked to Kalimdor, and to discover more secrets of Azeroth, and the mysteries of the Stonetalon Mountains themselves.
  • The Venture Co. has entrenched itself deeper in Stonetalon Mountains and established the Blacksand Oil Fields, extracting any liquid gold they can with total disregard to the environment, this cannot be allowed to continue!

Trouble in the Badlands
  • New Dark Iron dig site looming above Angor Fortress with Dark Irons searching for artifacts.
  • Crystalline Oasis: The only water to be found in the Badlands, it is here that a magical crystal can be found, and with it, the Blue Dragonflight surveying its properties.
  • Redbrand's Digsite: The Redbrand Estate (A newly introduced noble household in Ironforge) established this dig site in the southern Badlands to look into the ancient heritage of dwarves (And to earn some money), it has been overrun by Troggs, with much of the family killed.
  • Scalebane Ridge: Dark Iron whelp hunters and dragon skinners, these greedy dwarves have located here to boldly seek profit for Shadowforge.
  • Ruins of Corthan: The ancient capital of an old civilization named after its once warrior king. This place is inhabited by Earthen, who have recently begun to uncover these ruins and catalog them for an unknown purpose.

Devouts of Ashenvale
  • Forest Song: This elven shrine has been reinforced by Fandral's forces. Sentinels and druids try to stop the Warsong Clan advance deeper into Ashenvale. However, internal quarrels may prove even more difficult to resolve.

Expansion in Feralas
  • Thalanaar: Once a small elven outpost on the border of Thousand Needles has increased in size significantly. A group of Sentinels at odds with Shandris Feathermoon now occupy this base, expanding their influence in both Feralas and Thousand Needles.
Exiles in Dustwallow Marsh
  • Deserter's Hideout: Theramore exiles/deserters/refugees who are loyal to the Kul Tiran cause.
  • Blackhorn Village: Grimtotem Tauren causing trouble in the region.
  • Westhaven Hollow: Once a Kul Tiran settlement south of Theramore, this place was destroyed by the horde in the Third War, and is now occupied by an orcish necromancer with foul intent.
  • Hermit of the Eastern Coast: South of Theramore along the ocean lays a lonely house situated in the mountains.
  • With the Dustwallow Marsh update, comes the continuation and the finale of the Shady Rest Inn storyline. You might end up with more questions unanswered…

Bananas of the Tel'abim Isle

Found off the eastern coast of Tanaris, Tel'abim stands as the center for banana export, overseen by the neutral Tel Company, Tel Co. for short. Recently the apes of the island have started a rebellion against the company, driving them off of collection sites and demolishing equipment, it's up to you to restore order to the island and help Tel Co. resume collection, or else Azeroth might never see another banana again.

Tel'abim is a Level 54-60 leveling zone, with the primary neutral quest hub being Tel Co. Basecamp, found on the southern shore of the island. You can fly directly to the island using a Flight Master, as the flight point will be unlocked when you unlock the Gadgetzan flight point too.
  • Tazzo the Outsider has set up shop east of the basecamp, looking for adventurers to aid with his ventures on making a... gargantuan banana?
  • Help Tel Co. resume production by scavenging and acquiring missing machine parts, clearing gorillas and chimpanzees, and finally finding out who's the big monkey behind the rebellion.
  • Bixxle's Storehouse at the northern side of the island needs aid in clearing non-ape wildlife and nagas in the Jagged Isles up north, along with other tasks.
  • This list is not extensive, there are other questlines and secrets you will have to discover yourself, good luck! And one last thing, the ground is full of bananas, feel free to grab one for a snack.
Pre-1.12 Alterac Valley

With the release of Patch 1.16.4 Alterac Valley will be restored to its original state from early Vanilla, with a few custom additions on top.

Here's the changelog:
  • The original terrain has been restored and the Wildpaw and Winterax areas on the left and right of the Field of Strife are no longer walled off.
  • Several graveyards have been moved to their original positions.
  • All creatures have been respawned to match their exact positions before the battleground was changed. Wrong spawns like the soldiers fighting in the middle have been removed, while other missing spawns have been restored.
  • All explosive mines have been respawned on the original spots.
  • Added many missing mining nodes that were there originally, including in the Winterax cave.
  • Restored Master Ryson's quest to find the All Seeing Eye, which enables players of the faction who capture it to get a buff that increases their stealth detection and shows nearby humanoids on the minimap.
  • Restored Ryson's Beacon. Players can plant a beacon in the enemy base, which if not destroyed within 60 seconds, will allow everyone from their team to spy on the enemy through the Globe of Scrying.
  • The quest that requires you to win Alterac Valley has been replaced with the original quest to kill Korrak the Bloodrager.
  • Korrak is now spawned at the Snowfall Graveyard at the start of the battleground, and drops a decent amount of gold and items for the side that manages to tag and kill him first.
  • Players who participate in slaying Korrak will be marked with a debuff, which unlocks some special interactions inside AV (custom feature).
  • One of the tents in the Winterax area contains a crate with a disguise you can put on to enter the Winterax cave peacefully and do a secret quest inside (custom feature).
  • If one side is outnumbered at the start of the battleground, they will get a short buff to help them get into a better starting position (custom feature).
  • The amount of resources required to launch a ground assault has been significantly reduced.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented alliance from launching ground assaults.
  • The bosses in the Irondeep and Coldooth mines can no longer be killed by other NPCs.
  • Most vendors and quest giver are no longer aggressive.
Community Art Museum

Your creative efforts haven't gone unnoticed by the goblins of Gadgetzan, and they have gone through the effort of building a proper art museum in Steamwheedle Port! Being rich in gold brings taste in art they say, most of the time anyway.

You can now find a dedicated art museum of your favorite Art Contest winners in Tanaris, located in Steamwheedle Port to the east of Gadgetzan.

Snowing in the Winter Veil Vale

It's that time of the year again, the Winter Veil Vale returns! The Winter Veil Vale has been moved into its own instanced zone, filled with new quests!
  • GIFTS ARE MISSING! Venture into the woods and figure out what happened!
  • Icepaw Village needs assistance with festive preparations, bring ample food and wrapping paper, and you might be rewarded!
  • Talk to the revelers from all over Azeroth on why they celebrate the holiday in the first place and hear their side of the story!
  • Assists the denizens on other various tasks for rewards such as Winter Veil Brew and a pair of warm winter socks of your own!
  • Even if the vale moved to a new location this doesn't mean the old quests are gone, hunt down Snowball for a 20-slot bag, world epics, recipes, and even a mount! Hunt down specific players for a snowball pelting for your own Winter Veil tree, now with new targets!

...and more:
  • Vanilla dungeons now have maps when instanced! Maps for custom dungeons will arrive at a later patch.
  • A baby Murloc on the shores of The Hinterlands? Maybe you can figure out what it wants.
  • A lady in Hawk’s Vigil needs your assistance on something that looks like a normal cheating affair, though things might take a sinister turn.
  • The Desolace centaur rivalries escalate, and the tribes are looking for even more aid from those that can prove their loyalty. A true test of skill or power, and you might end up as an honorary member of the clans and gain access to exclusive recipes depending on the clan you sided with.
  • WoW.exe: increased sound channel count has been reverted to its default value due to causing crashes.
  • WoW.exe: 4GB memory awareness patch had been reverted to its previous value due to causing crashes in some edge cases.
  • Improved Field of View + Sound in background modification will be still optional and available in the additional binary file.
Turtle WoW x Spotify and Apple Music!

While Patch 1.16.4 is making itself pretty for the annual Winter Veil celebration, our dedicated music team had prepared a few surprises to support the next patch release!

Sauli Pulkkinen | Haunted Prison

Sauli Pulkkinen | Pirate's Hideout

George Kouroupakis | Unvisited Island

TU:RUL | Snowing in the Vale | December 24 | Pre-save on Spotify: https://ffm.to/winterveil

Happy Holidays from Turtle WoW Team!

Aeliren

Re: Patch 1.16.4 — Anchor's Fall (Trailer)

Post by Aeliren » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:16 pm

Can’t wait!

Although, I have an EXTREMELY TINY SUGGESTION: Reframing the Redbrand family as senators rather than nobles. Other than the royal family, there seem to be few actual nobles or traditionally-titled lordship aristocracy in dwarfkind (off the top of my head, the only dwarven lord I can remember in the entire game is Lord Cyrus Blackforge from the Bael’dun expedition); Ironforge and Shadowforge seem to both instead have senates as their main ruling political bodies, contrasting with Stormwind’s House of Nobles.

Otherwise, looking forward to the new patch! Very happy to see Lieutenant Alverold being a part of it!
Characters:
Coilspring - 60 gnome hunter
Megwynn - 60 human rogue

Suggestions:
Pyrewood Village Suggestions
Hunter Epic Ammo Pouch Suggestion

Torze

Post by Torze » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:18 pm

My goodness!!! How awesome is that. You guys never stomp impressing :P
Can't wait. Thank you for all the hard work.

Dicer

Post by Dicer » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:49 pm

Looks simply amazing...

Loopy

Post by Loopy » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:58 pm

Absolutely impressive. Kudos to the dev team!

Bladesever

Post by Bladesever » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:03 pm

This looks unreal, thanks guys!

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:08 pm

That's alot of content. Looking forward to it.

No news on Black Morast?

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:04 am

This sentence
A Kul Tiran Embassy now rests in the Stormwind Harbor, the Kingdom of Kul Tiras and Stormwind have opened diplomatic ties once again, but the stubborn nature of Kul Tirans.
Is grammatically incorrect. It ends with a "but", then continues with "the stubborn nature of the Kul Tirans" and then it ends prematurely without being concluded. What about the stubborn nature of the Kul Tirans?

English is not native to me, but now matter how many times I reread this sentence, its second half makes no sense to me.

Torta

Post by Torta » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:50 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:04 am
This sentence
A Kul Tiran Embassy now rests in the Stormwind Harbor, the Kingdom of Kul Tiras and Stormwind have opened diplomatic ties once again, but the stubborn nature of Kul Tirans.
Is grammatically incorrect. It ends with a "but", then continues with "the stubborn nature of the Kul Tirans" and then it ends prematurely without being concluded. What about the stubborn nature of the Kul Tirans?

English is not native to me, but now matter how many times I reread this sentence, its second half makes no sense to me.
Fixed.

Elkepwn

Post by Elkepwn » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:13 pm

Beautiful landscapes and interesting stories! 😍

I've tried a few private servers since I stopped wow, but Turtle just has the nicest community and the best custom work! Keep it up, I'm happy!
Gladiator / WoW Custom Content Creator
viewtopic.php?t=4220
play's turtle since 2022
APPLETREY: https://armory.turtle-wow.org/#!/character/Appletrey
INTERFACE: https://github.com/Appletrey/Turtle-WoW-pfUI-Interface

Adunai

Post by Adunai » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:35 pm

Shrine of the Betrayer: An ancient statue devoted to Illidan, built by the exiled ~~highborne~~ edgy 12 year olds a millennia ago.

(By the way, there shouldn't be "a" there, just noticed.)

Really great work, I can totally imagine Metzen coming up with something like this.
The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:30 pm

Finnally a real reward of gaining rep with malgram/kolkar

I love those stinky 4 legged guys
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Torta

Post by Torta » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:05 pm

Geojak wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:08 pm
No news on Black Morast?
It's in the works, but I can't say yet what comes first, the client patch or BM's new scripting.

Sovietpremier

Post by Sovietpremier » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:59 am

Any plans to add quests to send you to all these new areas added in the game? For example, the new islands next to STV have no quests(at least on alliance) that direct me to them.

Zorgdarkness

Post by Zorgdarkness » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:42 am

I really hope you will fix Improved Shadow Form that being Unlearned when Respeccing, in this patch scared_turtle_head

Akarui

Post by Akarui » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:52 am

Thank u for redesign. I think all locations in all wow updates needs changes fpr more atmospheric view. Especially in landscape relief

Moriena

Post by Moriena » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:01 am

I'm so excited for the new Patch turtle_in_love Forest Song and Thalanaar are two places that deserve more love and expansion and the additional to Stonetalon Mountains hopefully make it less empty. satisfied_turtle_head

Will this patch also include the shifting reputation rewards from Silvermoon Remnant and Revantusk and the addition of a Dalaran rep farm?

Andima

Post by Andima » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:01 pm

Awesome content as always <3

Do you plan on adding the 'Missing Diplomat' quest chain continuation?? those added on patch 2.3
( https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki ... ntinuation )

For me has always been some best quest chain of the vanilla world, but in the the 1.13 client ends too abruptly. Same as the Shady Rest inn mentioned above.

Thank you for all your work. cheers.

Hive5

Post by Hive5 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:01 pm

Just, thank you... Is amazing.

Mativh

Post by Mativh » Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:51 pm

I commend your passion and insight into the essence of World of Warcraft, your work honors the legacy of this franchise. I don't say this lightly. The developers of Turtle WoW understand the design philosophy of the original devs and have picked up the torch that was left behind many years ago, I consider this to be canon WoW content.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Yordlefetish

Re: Patch 1.16.4 — Tel'Abim, Winter Veil Vale & more!

Post by Yordlefetish » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:08 pm

Amazing work guys , will be exploring Azeroth again with a new character just to see it all

Drax

Post by Drax » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:21 pm

Where promised fix for Moonkin form remove cursed Turtle
Literally said "will be fixed in 1.16.4" and I don't see it here.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:23 pm

Drax wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:21 pm
This is a feature list mate. This is hardly deserving of a spot here. Do u see any other similar changes?

Torta

Post by Torta » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:34 pm

Drax wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:21 pm
If it's marked as "Fixed in 1.16.4" in our bug tracker, means it's fixed :)

Drinkwater

Post by Drinkwater » Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:23 pm

Thank you for all of your contributions!

Nolic1

Post by Nolic1 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:24 pm

Well this is awesome I am new here and can not wait till I can go to these areas and quest. You guys have done from what I can see an amazing job making the world full of things to do.

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:59 pm

Looks really good!
Great Sun and Glorious Leader of the Bring Back Judgement of the Crusader movement.

Snoodydood

Post by Snoodydood » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:18 pm

Will there be any class balance changes?

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:27 pm

Snoodydood wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:18 pm
This has been said and asked multiple times already. The answer is NO.

Juozukas

Post by Juozukas » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:29 pm

Shamma wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:27 pm
Snoodydood wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:18 pm
This has been said and asked multiple times already. The answer is NO.
While I don't want to sound rude, those class changes are essential to keep the server alive to be honest.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:41 pm

The team has already said there are no class changes coming in this patch. They have also said that class changes will likely be developed for future patches.

Nyte

Post by Nyte » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:33 am

Can we expect a Donation Rewards discount period anytime soon?

Bruhh

Post by Bruhh » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:57 am

Ohhhhhh so THIS is why the update took so long today. Very nice!
Jazdeau - High Elf Priest - 60 - <Get Rich or Die Grinding>
Jazimar - High Elf Paladin - 60 - War Mode <Conquistadors>
Yhormie - Goblin Mage - 21 - War Mode
+ 7 other alts
Increase the alt cap plz crying_turtle

Trymv1

Post by Trymv1 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:26 am

Is the wowfov.exe just for the expanded field of view or something else?

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:55 am

Trymv1 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:26 am
Is the wowfov.exe just for the expanded field of view or something else?
It will also allow you to hear game music while you're alt-tabbed.