What professions should you take as a beginner?

Rudyraccoon

What professions should you take as a beginner?

Post by Rudyraccoon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:12 pm

So, I've only just started playing on here and I'm kind of torn what professions I should take. I'm playing as a Hunter and I don't know if I should be taking two gathering professions at the start or take either Engineering/Mining, Leatherworking/Skinning or Alchemy/Herbalism? I did take up Engineering/Mining, I haven't really started on Engineering but I don't know if I'm making a mistake with that?

Roxanneflowers

Re: What professions should you take as a beginner?

Post by Roxanneflowers » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:40 pm

My personal recommendation is Leatherworking/Skinning with an aim of specializing in Dragonscale Leatherworking once reaching 40+ as a Hunter. This will allow you to craft your own armor.

Laurent

Post by Laurent » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:43 pm

If you're looking to keep your professions up as you level, you should go Skinning/Leatherworking so you can grab some gear.
If you want to do crafting later, grab Skinning and Mining, sell the ore on the AH as you level.
Engineering is very good, but is mostly PVP oriented, whereas Alchemy is PVP + PVE.
Enchanters are ALWAYS needed, but it's a very difficult prof to level.

In the end, it's up to you.

Lexi

Post by Lexi » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:03 pm

If you go mining engineering you'll still be getting gear, you'll also be getting special tools that might help you get away from fights you wouldn't be able to normally. Also endgame you're practically forced to be an engineer if you want to be able to defeat a slime boss in AQ40 . Might as well get it done while leveling in my opinion.

Laurent

Post by Laurent » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:34 pm

Lexi wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:03 pm
If you go mining engineering you'll still be getting gear, you'll also be getting special tools that might help you get away from fights you wouldn't be able to normally. Also endgame you're practically forced to be an engineer if you want to be able to defeat a slime boss in AQ40 . Might as well get it done while leveling in my opinion.
Fair points! I didn't know about the AQ boss.

B3tabob

Post by B3tabob » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:28 am

To jump on this thread, is LW+skinning any good on a rogue while leveling?

Bielvan7

Post by Bielvan7 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:28 am

I like to take herbalism/alchemy myself, making your own health potions and elixirs really helps out even if it's just a little imo!

Wood

Post by Wood » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:45 pm

I like blacksmithing
The most notable and exceptional advantage inherent in blacksmiths is the ability to add nests to wristbands and gauntlets, which requires 400 skill points. This makes blacksmithing a good complement to jewelers.

Blacksmiths can also make picklocks that open locked doors and chests, which is a limited alternative to the outlaw skill.

In addition, blacksmiths are able to make personal equipment, depending on the specialization (armourer or armourer). These items become available under the following conditions

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:44 pm

Wood wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:45 pm
I like blacksmithing
The most notable and exceptional advantage inherent in blacksmiths is the ability to add nests to wristbands and gauntlets, which requires 400 skill points. This makes blacksmithing a good complement to jewelers.
There is no 400 skill in Turtle Wow and no Jewelers too.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Stefccx

Post by Stefccx » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:01 pm

Hi, guys! I'm also new here, but i think that choosing the right professions for your play style is very important. I'll personally go with mining/engineering as a dps/tanking druid.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:25 pm

Wood wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:45 pm
I like blacksmithing

Blacksmiths can also make picklocks that open locked doors and chests, which is a limited alternative to the outlaw skill.

In addition, blacksmiths are able to make personal equipment, depending on the specialization (armourer or armourer). These items become available under the following conditions
I think you're on the wrong server forum...
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Gfdgfg524582

Post by Gfdgfg524582 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:22 pm

我不知道该说些什么好

Ruinsguoguo

Post by Ruinsguoguo » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:32 am

I think I prefer skinning and mining because I can earn more coins
我想我们是为了乌龟哇的社区环境吸引来到了这里,公平公正的环境,不被恶意干扰的环境
I think we came here to attract the community environment of Turtle Wow, a fair and just environment that is not maliciously disturbed
turtle_tongue_head