IDEA: increase max talent points

Raukodor

IDEA: increase max talent points

Post by Raukodor » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:41 am

Hello fellow turtles. Im thinking

At level 60 you will do raids and get more and more gear and this is all

Your character dont get real upgrades only better gear. And for me the best part of.leveling is that your charactee become.stronger and stronger every level

So my idea is increase the max talent points. 10 points more

It dont break the classes (you cant access to the 31 talent in 2 specs) but add more variability and why not fun. Maybe we can try better hybrid specs

I dont know how could be the better way

Maybe the levels 20-30-40-50-60 give 2 talent points instead 1

Or a weekly event at level 60 wich reward is a talent point (max 10) so you will "level" your level 60 character a little bit more

You like the idea?
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Kanto123

Re: IDEA: increase max talent points

Post by Kanto123 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:43 pm

I've thought of this myself; I think it would be best to have the extra points acquired once you reach 60 so you have more things to strive toward once you reach level cap, whereas giving extra points at 20, 30, 40 etc would mean that hitting 60 is similar to it is now. Extending the progression beyond 60 in this way could be a nice way to give more incentive to play

Witch101

Post by Witch101 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:55 am

Perhaps at reaching level 60 unlocks a new glyph option. When activated returns you to level 1 again but you retain 10 talent points. So you can level up from level 1 with talents and when you finally reach 60 again you end up with the 10 extra points. Makes it a larger but rewarding challenge. Big time investment so not for everyone.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:37 pm

My tought was like a weekly quest/event/challenge at level 60 wich grants you 1 talent point (max 10)

So you need 10 weeks more once you reach 60. Maybe some raid/high level dungeon challenge

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:46 pm

Or maybe create a wandering npc that spawns randomly in the word. Once per week and spawns temporary (maybe with a world chat alert)

When you speak with him he grants 1 talent point (max 10 times)

So this could make people looking for him and give a plus to exploring

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:47 pm

(if wanna make it harder could be a level 60 rare elite tough to beat wich drops a book of skill wich grants 1 talent point)

Witch101

Post by Witch101 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:40 pm

The wandering NPC idea sounds like a good idea then everyone has access. Rare elite would be bad though as as soon as people are aware of it, big guilds would camp it as all raiders would no doubt enjoy more talent points. Everyone else...well..would have a hard time.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:37 pm

I could see maybe a 2-pt increase. It could be acquired - worked toward - through an epic quest chain that requires quite a variety of stuff. Maybe a raid + killing an elite + completion of various other quests. That's just an idea. But the chain would logically be severe-ish. Also, each point requires some level of chain questing. Finally, there is a huge amount of XP that would need to be acquired (somewhat gained through the quests, but also requires completion of various zones quests and so on).

However it is done it needs to be a big hurdle, and one that takes time/effort. These are like super-bonus points. And I do not think there should be a lot of them.

Obviously some variation of the above is advisable. I am just listing ideas quickly here. I also think it's important that there not be a big exclusivity factor in play (ie., open it to all 60s, not just players in the very top raiding guilds).

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:41 pm

The suggestion i liked the most is the wandering mysterious npc that spawns weekly and randomly

This is a plus to the exploring and avaliable to all players not only top guilds (and if ur lucky could help even in leveling)

Volkyte

Post by Volkyte » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:58 am

i am against it. especially for pvp would make classes A LOT more broken. Instead of 10 talent points, they should simpèly rework some talents making them scale like latter expansions.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:13 pm

Maybe could be a tool to disable the "10 extra talent points" in bgs

OR that you cant spent the 10 extra points in 1/1 talents (extra poweful skill)

Geojak
Has liked: 14 times

Post by Geojak » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:25 pm

I think this would only make sense with tbc longer trees

Volkyte

Post by Volkyte » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:06 pm

exactly. there is a reason why talent points are so limited. Incresing it by 10 points would be like playing tbc effective level (70) with vanilla talents, which can give birth to ridiculously overpowered builds in pvp. Better abort this idea sir. I suggest to simply rebalance talents that are already there! :)

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:27 pm

And what about "enabling' the exp gaining at 60. Instead gain more levels you gain 1 talent point (till max 70)

Mekunekud

Post by Mekunekud » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:25 am

No. It's too strong. Imagine a warlock with 10 extra points. Imagine a mage with 31 points in arcane and all the later fire/frost talents. Imagine a 31 point BM hunter who is also hitting you from range as a marksmanship hunter.
Imagine the goddamn warriors with Enrage, Deathwish AND MS like that old PvP video but in Naxx gear instead of "just" HWL.
You'd imbalance the game so much noone would play.
For some classes, 1 point can change the entire gameplay. For others, it might just give them a chance like shamans getting Elemental Fury but some others would go from competitive to outright broken.
The only talent change I can ever merit is a 1000 gold unlock for multi-spec.

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:16 am

Mekunekud wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:25 am
No. It's too strong. Imagine a warlock with 10 extra points. Imagine a mage with 31 points in arcane and all the later fire/frost talents. Imagine a 31 point BM hunter who is also hitting you from range as a marksmanship hunter.
Imagine the goddamn warriors with Enrage, Deathwish AND MS like that old PvP video but in Naxx gear instead of "just" HWL.
You'd imbalance the game so much noone would play.
For some classes, 1 point can change the entire gameplay. For others, it might just give them a chance like shamans getting Elemental Fury but some others would go from competitive to outright broken.
The only talent change I can ever merit is a 1000 gold unlock for multi-spec.
I see, it would inconsistently affect the classes and allow for greater imbalance
So is raiding the only viable way for max level progression going forward?

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:02 am

So wich could be a way to keep "leveling" your character past level 60? Just getting better and better gear?

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:05 am

And what about bring future talent trees from later exp?

Maybe increasing 10 talent points and Bring tbc talents
(So is supossed to be balanced)

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:42 am

Maybe a system separate from talents would be better.

In EverQuest, they had the alternate advancement system: at max level, you'd still get experience points, but instead of going to the next level, it'd go toward giving you an alternate advancement point, and then you'd collect and use those points to buy perks to improve your character.

For WoW, I'd imagine good perks would be like increasing the cap on individual weapon skills, increasing out of combat movement speed, increasing out of combat mount speed, increasing out of combat swimming speed, increasing your underwater breathing meter, increasing out of combat health regeneration, increasing out of combat mana regeneration, increasing how much health and mana you gain from eating and drinking, increasing how much health and mana you gain from potions, and so on. Nothing utterly game breaking but perks that improve your character nonetheless.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:06 pm

Sounds interesting... No game breaking but you have the feeling or being better and better

I like it

Sinrek
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Sinrek » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:47 pm

Sounds broken.

Talent point shortage was designed so you pick talents carefully. With Goblin Brain-washing device today though it doesn't seem like a problem. No extra talent points are needed.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.