Some Turtle-WoW ideas I had that might be cool to see someday

Papachino

Some Turtle-WoW ideas I had that might be cool to see someday

Post by Papachino » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:36 am

- Warcraft 3 Pandaren
- Warcraft 3 Northrend
- Warcraft 2 Death Knights
- Emerald Dream/Nightmare Zone. Kind of like a half and half thing. The Emerald Nightmare would have a raid where the final boss would be Yogg'Saron (This idea was presented by my guild master)
- The Dragon Isles (A scrapped zone from Vanilla WoW)
- Expanded Goldshire (Blizzard had planned for the town of Goldshire to be much larger than it was in the final game. This would be cool to see fully realized)
- Archeology Profession (Reworked of course to fit the theme of Turtle-WoW)
- Cross faction Crossroads (Due to the fact that we have cross-faction content between factions, I thought it might be a cool idea to give Alliance players access to the Crossroads as an available questing hub)

Anyways, that's all I could think of. Leave your thoughts below.
Last edited by Papachino on Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

Raukodor

Re: Some Turtle-WoW ideas I had that might be cool to see someday

Post by Raukodor » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:37 pm

This

And much more
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Aeliren

Post by Aeliren » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:51 pm

Given the exploration of Kul Tiran themes with Lapidis Isle, maybe Zul'Dare and Turtle WoW versions of Crestfall and Tol Barad could be interesting things to potentially explore at a later point.
Characters:
Coilspring - 60 gnome hunter
Megwynn - 60 human rogue

Suggestions:
Pyrewood Village Suggestions
Hunter Epic Ammo Pouch Suggestion

Grayhammer

Post by Grayhammer » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:28 pm

Warcraft 3 Pandaren (We already have illusions) I don't see why we can't have a smol amount of them sprinkled around the world.

I'd like to see Necromancers + Death Knights. I'm a but of a summoner type player and always felt that Necromancers would have been perfect.

I want Northrend and Outland and just make them level 60+ so people that are raid geared can survive there. Perhaps make it roughly BWL in difficulty. Slap a few dungeons and raids there.

I 100% agree with Dragon Isles we need this, along with all the other zones being fleshed out and made.
It's Cathlanna!

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:05 am

Grayhammer wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:28 pm
Warcraft 3 Pandaren (We already have illusions) I don't see why we can't have a smol amount of them sprinkled around the world.

I'd like to see Necromancers + Death Knights. I'm a but of a summoner type player and always felt that Necromancers would have been perfect.

I want Northrend and Outland and just make them level 60+ so people that are raid geared can survive there. Perhaps make it roughly BWL in difficulty. Slap a few dungeons and raids there.

I 100% agree with Dragon Isles we need this, along with all the other zones being fleshed out and made.
I agree with Northrend and Outland; what the devs could do is use the zones themselves, and then insert their own npcs, mobs, quests, etc to ensure that the zones are in line with Warcraft3/Vanilla wow lore. They also could make them any level range they want, and wouldn't even need to use all of the zones if they don't want.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:29 am

I honestly would love Northrend to be another continent that adds from level 10-60 to offer more options for leveling.

I am not sure how WC 2 Era Death Knights will fit in though as I thought all of them were killed / disappeared.

Bigspliffa22

Post by Bigspliffa22 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:03 am

Karrados wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:29 am
I honestly would love Northrend to be another continent that adds from level 10-60 to offer more options for leveling.

I am not sure how WC 2 Era Death Knights will fit in though as I thought all of them were killed / disappeared.
I like that idea. Outland and Northrend can be new leveling zones with some endgame. A common complaint from retail wow was that the new zones took away from the OG continents and left them desolate while everyone was exploring the new places. I like twow's approach of new content "being parallel" to vanilla.

Also i know devs said they're not a fan of Horde Blood elves or Alliance Draenei. But what if they're both introduced as nonaffiliated playable races? In twow canon, the spaceship crash would never happen and Draenei would remain in Outland and their starting zone can be Nagrand.

For Blood Elves, they start off in Netherstorm and remain loyal to Kael'thas like a fanatic cult. Their brethren back in Silvermoon also remain loyal to Kael'thas and are waiting for their glorious leader to return. They're renegades and don't join the Horde and are fighting the High Elves for control of Silvermoon.

Outland in general can serve as the 1-40 or so leveling experience for Draenei and Blood Elves, with some endgame raids and dungeons scattered throughout.

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:05 am

Karrados wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:29 am

I was thinking exactly this, use the zones from TBC and Wrath for Outland and Northrend, and rework them to be 10-60 zones. +1

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:45 pm

I'm against Outland and Northrend being low level leveling zones, both areas in the real-time strategy games that Turtle lore is so heavily based upon are meant to be extremely dangerous and are home to many of the biggest threats in the lore (as of this timeline). Making Outland a level 10 leveling zone would be comparing Hellfire Peninsula to Westfall, which is ridiculous. Your adventurer killing wolves and bandits is not on the same tier as a seasoned veteran in a dead/dying world fighting off Legion remnants and radicals.

If they MUST be leveling zones, I'd argue that the minimum is level 40, at least. 40-60, with an emphasis on open world group content and elite mobs. You're not fighting mere quilboars and kobolds on the outskirts of your faction's capital, folks. You're being sent off to the shattered remnants of an alien world festering with demons and some of the most villainous characters in the lore. Likewise, Northrend is a dead continent which is the home of the scourge and the Lich King.
Zamba the Unruly
"Zamba be sensing the winds of change in da air. Can you be feeling it too, mon?"

Noce

Post by Noce » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:37 am

yeah i love the idea of having full azeroth map including newer islands like norhtrend, pandaren etc.. like havin unlocked all unused parts of maps like graymane, silithus, coast zone on the right of badlands, grim batol.. also new races, possibly playable like pandas, ogres, satyrs, nagas, furbolgs, faicelss voids, broken draenei, worgens (even tho imo those should be just a druid form). even have new classes (and/or class/race combos) like monks, dk, demon hunters, the necromancers. but just as some1 else wrote, make it like that it would look like turtle-vanilla and keep it all on azeroth. mbe keep it even with tbc but only on that part. i never liked all those cosmic outherworldy expansions game went on later. it would also be nice to have more transoportations implemented. in that way that all ports have some designated route. mbe implement caravans. to be like inter zone way of transport and flyin taxis to be in between zones or smtn like that. caravans to be on ground taxi service.