Draenei

Kanto123

Draenei

Post by Kanto123 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:47 pm

Any plans to make Draenei playable for the alliance? Since they already have been implemented in TBC adding them to this server wouldn't be as difficult as adding goblins since armor already fits them and they have their own starting zone. To balance it out with an addition to the horde, Ogres would be good with Clefthoofs as their mounts, but that would be much more work.

I pay horde myself, but I wouldn't mind if there was a race imbalance where Alliance has 6 races with the addition of Draenei and Horde remains at 5

Allwynd01

Re: Draenei

Post by Allwynd01 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:30 pm

I hope not. I'm not even sure if those spacehip goats even are canon or not. Even if they are, having spaceships in a grounded high fantasy MMORPG such as Vanilla WoW would be like the first step to turning the game into a joke. Activision is already doing a fine job at that, Turtle WoW doesn't need to copy it.

No offense, but a race from another planet just doesn't really fit in and I don't see the point of that. Better to tweak classes further and adding actual new content to the world.

Nothing personal, I hope you don't take it that way, it was not my intention.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:38 pm

Absolutely not.

From what I gathered the Team wants to get some form of Faction Balance going on and giving the Dominating Faction another Race while leaving the other Faction in the dust would do absolutely nothing.

Right now The Alliance has two of the most popular races along with an extremely popular class (Paladin). They don't need more.

It's already bad enough that they gave Blood Elves to the Alliance in the form of High Elves while Horde got Goblins which were left in a sorry shape until the recent patch.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:03 pm

Valid point. The Paladin + Pretty Classes for Alliance has not helped.

Aszura

Post by Aszura » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:12 pm

this is a draenei

are you sure you want this?

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:41 pm

Aszura wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:12 pm
this is a draenei

Wow, Draenei are uglier than Gnomes, I did not think that was possible.
Last edited by Allwynd01 on Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:04 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:30 pm
I hope not. I'm not even sure if those spacehip goats even are canon or not. Even if they are, having spaceships in a grounded high fantasy MMORPG such as Vanilla WoW would be like the first step to turning the game into a joke. Activision is already doing a fine job at that, Turtle WoW doesn't need to copy it.

No offense, but a race from another planet just doesn't really fit in and I don't see the point of that. Better to tweak classes further and adding actual new content to the world.

Draenei were in Warcraft 3 via Kil-Jaeden and Archimonde, and Orcs are an alien race themselves. I agree with the other poster that adding a new race to the dominant faction without an accompanying horde addition wouldn't be wise because it would encourage further faction imbalance, but from an aesthetic/artistic perspective I don't have issue with Draenei being added

Afaslizo

Post by Afaslizo » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:56 pm

Furbolgs and Ogres are more likely to be playable than Broken and I am fine with that.

Aszura

Post by Aszura » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:12 am

so, Draenei are that ugly thing i posted above, they are arrogant monsters that will never join any faction

Turtle Wow follows Warcraft lore, so, the Draenei are STILL swamp monsters, the space goat yall are talking dont exist here, thats a retcon...

TBC had Draenei cause China didnt let Blizz add Pandaren, thats the actual real reason, they also had to make a big retcon in the lore to make playable Draenei, many people disliked that in that time. Draenai were a mistake.

It would be more viable to add Pandarens or Worgens as new races than either breaking the first rule (warcraft inspired) by making the same retcon as blizz or wasting years to make a fully playable vanilla Draenei (swamp beast)

edit: wasting because they arent paid to make a expansion
edit 2: Pandaren and Worgen are cannon, same as Tuskarr

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:28 am

Aszura wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:12 am
so, Draenei are that ugly thing i posted above, they are arrogant monsters that will never join any faction

Turtle Wow follows Warcraft lore, so, the Draenei are STILL swamp monsters, the space goat yall are talking dont exist here, thats a retcon...

TBC had Draenei cause China didnt let Blizz add Pandaren, thats the actual real reason, they also had to make a big retcon in the lore to make playable Draenei, many people disliked that in that time. Draenai were a mistake.

It would be more viable to add Pandarens or Worgens as new races than either breaking the first rule (warcraft inspired) by making the same retcon as blizz or wasting years to make a fully playable vanilla Draenei (swamp beast)

edit: wasting because they arent paid to make a expansion
edit 2: Pandaren and Worgen are cannon, same as Tuskarr
I'm not a big fan of Pandaran and Worgen. I feel Pandaran are a bit too goofy, and Worgen don't fit thematically on either faction- I also think Forsaken aren't a good match for the Horde, but were added there by default because they are an even worse match for the Alliance.

I still think Ogres are the next best addition for the Horde, if the Turtle developers ever wish to add more races which I'm sure would be a pain to implement. As for Alliance, if not draenei, I can't imagine another race that is an obvious choice that fits the faction thematically.

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:31 am

Afaslizo wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:56 pm
Furbolgs and Ogres are more likely to be playable than Broken and I am fine with that.
Furbolgs would be fun as a Horde race since they have a tribal nature to them; I'd certainly like to play as one

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:41 am

Kanto123 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:04 pm
Allwynd01 wrote:

Draenei were in Warcraft 3 via Kil-Jaeden and Archimonde, and Orcs are an alien race themselves. I agree with the other poster that adding a new race to the dominant faction without an accompanying horde addition wouldn't be wise because it would encourage further faction imbalance, but from an aesthetic/artistic perspective I don't have issue with Draenei being added
I have never played the Warcraft 3 Campaign, I tried playing the game, but I prefer Age of Empires 2 as a superior RTS, even though I would have preferred it if it was fantasy themed, rather than historical, WC3 seems too simplistic and boring in comparison and doesn't support the most important feature - RMG - Random Map Generation.

I also have never touched WC1 or WC2 so I don't even know if Draenei were ever mentioned there or not.

My point is, yes, Orcs came through the Dark portal, so did these Draenei or corrupted Draenei, but then the portal closed, end of story. Even if they add Draenei and they have a Horde race prepared as well, it means Draenei will still come with their spaceships and sci-fi crap that they have. Vanilla WoW doesn't need such crap. The appeal is that it's simplistic, down-to-earth, generic high fantasy MMORPG. End of story. I don't know how to explain it any simpler than that, but IMO, no such nonsense races should ever be added. The Turtle team should instead continue expanding the game horizontally, by improving classes, adding new quests and expanding the game world with new areas like they are doing, I don't need anything else.

This is just my opinion, I'm not saying that "This is how things should be done and if it doesn't happen, I'm gonna throw a tantrum.", but more that I only envision such path for the success of Turtle WoW and a way to continually expand the player base and grow further.

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:11 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:41 am
Kanto123 wrote:
Allwynd01 wrote:

I have never played the Warcraft 3 Campaign, I tried playing the game, but I prefer Age of Empires 2 as a superior RTS, even though I would have preferred it if it was fantasy themed, rather than historical, WC3 seems too simplistic and boring in comparison and doesn't support the most important feature - RMG - Random Map Generation.

I also have never touched WC1 or WC2 so I don't even know if Draenei were ever mentioned there or not.

My point is, yes, Orcs came through the Dark portal, so did these Draenei or corrupted Draenei, but then the portal closed, end of story. Even if they add Draenei and they have a Horde race prepared as well, it means Draenei will still come with their spaceships and sci-fi crap that they have. Vanilla WoW doesn't need such crap. The appeal is that it's simplistic, down-to-earth, generic high fantasy MMORPG. End of story. I don't know how to explain it any simpler than that, but IMO, no such nonsense races should ever be added. The Turtle team should instead continue expanding the game horizontally, by improving classes, adding new quests and expanding the game world with new areas like they are doing, I don't need anything else.

This is just my opinion, I'm not saying that "This is how things should be done and if it doesn't happen, I'm gonna throw a tantrum.", but more that I only envision such path for the success of Turtle WoW and a way to continually expand the player base and grow further.
This seems to be a topic you have strong opinions about. The sci-fi elements that the Draenei add aren't traditional sci-fi in the sense that their ships/ architecture isn't something you'd see in Star Trek. I think they have a nice aesthetic and wouldn't describe them as crap myself; I think Blizzard deliberately toned down their sci-fi elements so they wouldn't create a strong clash with what already exists in the game.
I don't have too much of a dog in this fight since I probably wouldn't play Draenei anyway, I personally play on the Horde. However I do understand you're argument as they are a departure from what would be found in a generic high fantasy setting- the draenei wouldn't fit in something like Lord of the Rings.

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:47 am

Aszura wrote:
this is a draenei

Exactly.

Spacegoats are not canon and are dumb. Something invented on a table corner during lunchtime because they wanted to give shaman to alliance and couldn't find any other idea. It comes out of nowhere on a spaceship - lol - and is an early example of the bad soap opera writing of retail.

"BTW a spacecraft brings new goats" is as much bad writing as "BTW a nippledude was behind everything all along".
Kanto123 wrote:
Draenei were in Warcraft 3 via Kil-Jaeden and Archimonde
That's another dumb retcon. Archimonde is not a "draenei" (!), he is a big demon in WC3.
Draenei are the broken, that's all they are.
Main: Whitemare

Afaslizo

Post by Afaslizo » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:52 am

Kanto123 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:31 am
Afaslizo wrote:
Furbolgs would be fun as a Horde race since they have a tribal nature to them; I'd certainly like to play as one
Furbolgs would be Alliance and Ogres Horde of course. Being based on the RTS Furbolgs are closer to Night Elves than any Horde race.

Zack32

Post by Zack32 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:03 am

Draenei are part of the backbone of the lore since Warcraft 2 manual mentioned them, Draenor was specifically named after them. If we have an Outland expansion, they will play a big role. They could be added as a neutral Race, that's for sure.

But RTS Draenei and TBC Draenei are two different beasts. OG Draenei were native from Draenor (hence the name) and had a Shamanistic culture not unlike the Orcs. They were mostly exterminated by the latter to test the Orcs under the order of Kil'Jaeden. Those who survived started to specialize in guerilla warfare and continued to fight against the Orcs and particularly the Fel Horde when Draenor imploded. In short they were freaking badasses.

Then TBC came and they were retcon as non-corrupt Eredar, they were followers of the Light through some crystal dudes, had not!Spaceships and not!Sci-fi tech and were good at Arcane. Yet they still got slaughtered by the Orcs. Worse, Rise of the Horde detailed how it happened and... for most of the war, the Orcs had lost their shamans and weren't juiced on demon blood, they were just a bunch of Iron Ages tribes attacking settlements who had Paladins as police force. The Draenei still got slaughtered. I cannot fathom how incompetent that make them look like. It doesn't help their lore is based on areas heavily Human/High Elf centric (the Light, Arcane...) rather than something new. Their connection to Eredar is also just there. The Naaru are also pretty lame as far as "angels" go. Then there's the Draenor naming retcon...

Really, OG Draenei are far more superior from a lore pov than the Waifu-bait Space Goats.

Rudyraccoon

Post by Rudyraccoon » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:15 pm

As many have already stated, I do agree with them that TBC Draenei really don't belong in a high-fantasy setting such as WoW, due to them being more sci-fi focused. Also, Kil'jaeden and Archimonde in the original lore were demons that are called 'Eredar', no relation to OG Draenei and nothing more.

TBC Draenei being the original uncorrupted Eredar was a retcon, just as an excuse for Blizzard to give Alliance a new playable race out of nowhere instead of logically giving them High Elves. And Blizzard only gave Blood Elves to the Horde because they wanted to give the Horde a pretty race, but even that itself is a retcon, as in the original lore, all of the Blood Elves went to Draenor/Outland with Kael'thas.

Zack32

Post by Zack32 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:31 pm

Aszura wrote:
this is a draenei

In fairness, even the old lore had mentions of Draenei's physical appearances being mutated by the corruption of Draenor. The Last Guardian had Khadgar and Medivh speculating that Garona other half came from a near-Human species native of Draenor (since the og First War timeline was greatly reduced). Later, a vision of Gul'dan in his tower showing a human-like skull seems to have confirmed their thoughts. The original plan was apparently to have these "near-humans" to be non-mutated Draenei but then TBC happened.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Near-human

Sartosanfemboi

Post by Sartosanfemboi » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:44 pm

Aszura wrote:
this is a draenei

Yes. Idk if it SHOULD be added to the alliance. But I 100% want this in the game. If not as a playable race, then at least a neutral faction. I know there are couple in blasted lands and the swamp north of it, but they are hostile to everyone.

Zack32

Post by Zack32 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:30 pm

Sartosanfemboi wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:44 pm
Aszura wrote:
this is a draenei

Yes. Idk if it SHOULD be added to the alliance. But I 100% want this in the game. If not as a playable race, then at least a neutral faction. I know there are couple in blasted lands and the swamp north of it, but they are hostile to everyone.
Actually, a few of them are non-hostile and give quests to deal with the hostile ones in the Swamp.

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:31 pm

Afaslizo wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:52 am
Kanto123 wrote:
Afaslizo wrote:
Furbolgs would be Alliance and Ogres Horde of course. Being based on the RTS Furbolgs are closer to Night Elves than any Horde race.

I think the Alliance needs races that have a more civilized and human-like nature to them; the Furbolgs I think are far too feral in their appearance and primitive in their culture to fit in.

I think there is an inherent difficulty in the aesthetic of the two factions, it's easier to add races to Horde than Alliance. The Horde needs anything that has a barbaric nature to it, which opens the doors for a wide variety of options. Quilboars, Ogres, Furbolgs, and Gnolls would all fit the design philosophy of the Horde. However, for the Alliance, there just aren't as many options like that. The races that fit the civilized aesthetic are already members of the Alliance. The only other race I can think of would be Pandaran, because despite being animals in appearance they have a more developed culture being based on China. My only problem with them is that they are goofy and hard to take seriously. As for Worgen, if anything I think they'd be a better match for the Horde but still I think that's not quite right.

I understand the issues people have with the Draenei, both Lore and Sci-fi reasons, but since there aren't other races that are a good fit who aren't already in the Alliance the Turtle developers are at an empasse where adding new races isn't very viable.

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:41 am

Based WC3 Draenei wouldn't join no silly faction.

Get out of MY swamp.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:43 am

Gheor wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:41 am
Based WC3 Draenei wouldn't join no silly faction.

Get out of MY swamp.

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:38 pm

An ugly draenei illusion would be cool to have though.
Wanna /dance in the swamp with my lost one friends.

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:20 pm

Kanto123 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:31 pm
Afaslizo wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:52 am
Kanto123 wrote:

I think the Alliance needs races that have a more civilized and human-like nature to them; the Furbolgs I think are far too feral in their appearance and primitive in their culture to fit in.

I think there is an inherent difficulty in the aesthetic of the two factions, it's easier to add races to Horde than Alliance. The Horde needs anything that has a barbaric nature to it, which opens the doors for a wide variety of options. Quilboars, Ogres, Furbolgs, and Gnolls would all fit the design philosophy of the Horde. However, for the Alliance, there just aren't as many options like that. The races that fit the civilized aesthetic are already members of the Alliance. The only other race I can think of would be Pandaran, because despite being animals in appearance they have a more developed culture being based on China. My only problem with them is that they are goofy and hard to take seriously. As for Worgen, if anything I think they'd be a better match for the Horde but still I think that's not quite right.

I understand the issues people have with the Draenei, both Lore and Sci-fi reasons, but since there aren't other races that are a good fit who aren't already in the Alliance the Turtle developers are at an empasse where adding new races isn't very viable.
Although there is a difference between aestetics of the Alliance and the Horde, I can't agree with the statement that Furbolgs don't fit to the Alliance. The Night elves do not fit basic human vibe at all - but somehow this primal (in good meaning) race find a way to collaborate with industrial races of the Alliance (including tech-folks aka gnomes). And Furbolgs are, in common, good friends of kaldorei. Those who don't fall the victims of the corruption, are still allies of the elves. Of course, TBC isn't really correct example in Turtle-WoW, but I still should remember the Stillpine tribe that collaborate with new neighbours from Azuremyst.

The Horde, definitely, has much more freedom in accepting new races in their ranks without breaking "the vibe", but the Alliance has the right to non-human folks too, and Furbolgs are those rare people from Vanilla lore that perfectly fit to this role.

That doesn't mean, of course,that Furbolg race should be a real thing in Turtle-WoW. But if one day it comes true, they have a right to be among the races of the Alliance.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:32 pm

Real draeneis are the classic ones. The ugly ones we get in frozen throne

First time i saw the retail space goats i.was shocked

As all of us im a fan of classic stuff.

Let draeneis be draeneis. Let they be as ugly as they should be
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Feomatar

Post by Feomatar » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:08 pm

To the horde)

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:07 am

Kanto123 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:11 am
Allwynd01 wrote:
Kanto123 wrote:

This seems to be a topic you have strong opinions about. The sci-fi elements that the Draenei add aren't traditional sci-fi in the sense that their ships/ architecture isn't something you'd see in Star Trek. I think they have a nice aesthetic and wouldn't describe them as crap myself; I think Blizzard deliberately toned down their sci-fi elements so they wouldn't create a strong clash with what already exists in the game.
I don't have too much of a dog in this fight since I probably wouldn't play Draenei anyway, I personally play on the Horde. However I do understand you're argument as they are a departure from what would be found in a generic high fantasy setting- the draenei wouldn't fit in something like Lord of the Rings.
You do understand me, I'm glad. It was in 2007 when WoW became very popular so it wasn't played just by some 20-30 year old nerds, kids were starting to play it too and they were probably the vocal minority screeching on the forums, waving their parents' wallets and credit cards and Blizzard (still Blizzard, before it became Activision and not Blizzard) listened to them first and foremost. It was the time when WoW was cut from its roots as a niche, but more noob-friendlier EverQuest 1, if you will, and was turned into the cash cow it still is today, with only one Modus Operandi in place: "Butcher the game however you can, just make sure it makes money, turn it into a Teletubbies MMORPG if you have to, just make sure it makes tons of money."

That's why I feel this way, I won't lie, I was also a dumb 15 year old kid around 2006 when TBC came and I was excited to play the new races - Draenei and Blood Elf, mostly Blood Elf. I was excited, because it was new, that's the end of story, I didn't care if they were aliens on spaceships or whatever, I just cared about the fact that it was all new and shiny. But as time passed and I got older and less stupid (not talking about wiser), I could see that WoW's merits used to lay initially into its simplicity and straightforwardness and it was a simple fantasy MMORPG, when they started adding all kinds of weird things, it just starts to feel like the game lost its creativity and the developers where pulling shit out of their ass and throwing it at a wall just to see what sticks.

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:19 pm

On the other hand Pandaren are from Azeroth, featured in WC3 and fit perfectly in a fantasy setting!
No... not the chains! Don't close this door! Let me out! LET ME OU-*DOM*

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:31 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:07 am
Kanto123 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:11 am
Allwynd01 wrote:

You do understand me, I'm glad. It was in 2007 when WoW became very popular so it wasn't played just by some 20-30 year old nerds, kids were starting to play it too and they were probably the vocal minority screeching on the forums, waving their parents' wallets and credit cards and Blizzard (still Blizzard, before it became Activision and not Blizzard) listened to them first and foremost. It was the time when WoW was cut from its roots as a niche, but more noob-friendlier EverQuest 1, if you will, and was turned into the cash cow it still is today, with only one Modus Operandi in place: "Butcher the game however you can, just make sure it makes money, turn it into a Teletubbies MMORPG if you have to, just make sure it makes tons of money."

That's why I feel this way, I won't lie, I was also a dumb 15 year old kid around 2006 when TBC came and I was excited to play the new races - Draenei and Blood Elf, mostly Blood Elf. I was excited, because it was new, that's the end of story, I didn't care if they were aliens on spaceships or whatever, I just cared about the fact that it was all new and shiny. But as time passed and I got older and less stupid (not talking about wiser), I could see that WoW's merits used to lay initially into its simplicity and straightforwardness and it was a simple fantasy MMORPG, when they started adding all kinds of weird things, it just starts to feel like the game lost its creativity and the developers where pulling shit out of their ass and throwing it at a wall just to see what sticks.
What do you think would have been a better direction for Blizzard to take with the first wow expansion instead of what they did in TBC?

I think that setting the entirety of the expansion on a different world was a mistake because it separated the player base in such a black and white way: everyone below 60 in Azeroth, everyone above 60 in Outland. You're in Outland for so long that it doesn't even feel like the same game because the look is different, the music is different, the mobs are different, and you don't even use the same capital cities when looking for people. Not going to Orgrimmar/ Stormwind to look to for dungeon groups really hurt the feel of the game

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:54 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
No offense, but a race from another planet just doesn't really fit in and I don't see the point of that.
Time to remove orcs.

Sarcasm aside, none of the complaints people bring against draenei have any substance. Oh, they're aliens? So are orcs. Oh, their tech is more advanced than standard fantasy? Good thing Uldaman isn't a thing. Oh, some draenei with fantasy plague introduced themselves as draenei so there can't possibly be draenei who aren't sick? That's hilarious. Are brown skinned orcs also non-canon?

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:12 am

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more not giving the horde draenei (both broken and nonbroken) feels like a missed opportunity. Have the orcs redeem themselves by protecting the draenei from an attack and pledge to prove that they're not the monsters that tried to genocide them anymore. Mechanically, it would be like a faction/long attunement that unlocks the race for you as a reward, introducing the new draenei character as a member of the redeemed horde.

When we inevitably get to encounter Kil'jaeden, have him offer an alliance to the orcs to betray the draenei, and have them tell him off, right to his face, like badasses.

If the tech is that big a hang up, you don't even need to introduce the exodar. Their technology is in shambles after the destruction of draenor and they need to rebuild from scratch. They can have a few bits of their old tech, but nothing needs to be more sci-fi than anything we already have.

As for the broken introducing themselves as draenei, they aren't wrong. They're draenei, just as lepers are gnomes. Akama didn't know there were any other draenei alive when he met Illidan, after all, and it's not as if he was going to tell Illidan to wait as he explained the millennia spanning history of his people.

Invadingwaffle

Post by Invadingwaffle » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:22 am

Karrados wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:38 pm
Absolutely not.

From what I gathered the Team wants to get some form of Faction Balance going on and giving the Dominating Faction another Race while leaving the other Faction in the dust would do absolutely nothing.

Right now The Alliance has two of the most popular races along with an extremely popular class (Paladin). They don't need more.

It's already bad enough that they gave Blood Elves to the Alliance in the form of High Elves while Horde got Goblins which were left in a sorry shape until the recent patch.
... you realized orcs are from another world, right?

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:32 am

Invadingwaffle wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:22 am
Karrados wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:38 pm
Absolutely not.

... you realized orcs are from another world, right?
And that relates to anything I wrote in what way?

Shatterfury

Post by Shatterfury » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:16 pm

I stand by my suggestion done a long time ago: Draenei, the ones from WC3, with some minor model modification can work.
For the Horde we need the Zandalari Trolls, but with the new models. The lore from WC3 and Vanilla WoW that we have paints the image of working society based on learning, they are the Priestly and Caster faction of the whole Troll race.
The Ogres will not cut it for the Horde, they fit lorewise, but they will not bring any big number of Horde players. There was a big unbalance before the addition of the High Elves and the Goblins, it was exacerbated after that.

So the Alliance could use an ugly race and the Horde, well NOT an ugly race. The new model of the Zandalari has rough but noble appeal to it.

Hack, if the Zandalari would have been in the game, I would have one as a main, not a High Elf.