Update Player Fireball Graphics to NPC Fireball Graphics

Aydea

Update Player Fireball Graphics to NPC Fireball Graphics

Post by Aydea » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:03 pm

hello turtles :)

The image below is the player's fireball graphics

And the image below is the npc's fireball graphics

The way I see it, the npc fireballs are much more pretty and I would like to propose changing the model of the player fireball to look like the npc fireballs. I mean, why not? The model is already built and it looks so much better. :D

Q: Did you check if the player fireball looks different from the front?
A: Yes, it looks as displayed from all angles

Rytz

Re: Update Player Fireball Graphics to NPC Fireball Graphics

Post by Rytz » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:26 pm

Kinda weird they would have two different animations/graphics for the same mechanic. I don't play a mage - are there different fireball spells?

Dim

Post by Dim » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:04 pm

Would be cool for higher level ranks of Fireball spell or have it as improved version if you invest points into improved fireball talent.

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:16 pm

yes, it is plenty weird since there is no reason at all to use the inferior model when a better one already exists in the default game =o

I like the idea of making higher ranks of the "fireball spell" look like the npc fireball model, but honestly I would also not mind changing all ranks of the player fireball to look like the npc fireball.

The fact remains that the npc fireball model is the superior model and not using this existing, very pretty model, is a waste of beauty every time a player fireball is cast ^.^

@Rytz:
It gets even weirder. There is another fireball spell called "Pyroblast" - but it also uses the inferior model and just up-scales its size when it -could- use the the much more pretty npc fireball model and up-scale that in size.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:39 am

Have you flipped the cam around when you are casting (from the perspective of the target) and see that it looks diff than the one the NPCs use?

Emberlain

Post by Emberlain » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:58 am

The NPC Fireballs often don't have a dot effect, just straight damage. Could this be why there are two different animations? Regardless, I do like the NPC Fireball more on an appearance basis.

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:25 pm

Merikkinon wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:39 am
Have you flipped the cam around when you are casting (from the perspective of the target) and see that it looks diff than the one the NPCs use?
Q: Did you check if the player fireball looks different from the front?
A: Yes, it looks as displayed from all angles
Yes I have :)

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:32 pm

Yeah then that stinks. I mean, there must be a reason (back then) that they used it that way. I wonder why. Anyhow, yeah it would be nice to have it use that other animation.

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:25 pm

dear developers,

apologies, for bumping this, I just mean to ask ... is there any way we can make this happen? I feel there is a lot of unrealized potential here.

thank you for all your hard work.
It is ever so much appreciated :)

Rangtuk

Post by Rangtuk » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:45 pm

afaik, the NPC fireball resembles the player 'Pyroblast', which is a larger glowy-er fireball, the fact that the names are different is more likely an oversight, I'd say Mage fireball should be more considered like DnD 'Firebolt' smaller/weaker but more spammable variant (obv scorch is a more gameplay equivalent, but I'm kinda comparing apples and oranges in the first place)