Ideas for new items

Todliu

Re: Ideas for new items

Post by Todliu » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:09 pm

goblinrocket enginer(300) Jewelry or waistband cost 100g-200G
dd 450-500hp (fire dd) coma 1s ,cd1-2min (for mob), cd5min(for player)

sometimes u lost 300hp

best wish for turtle

Nartt

Post by Nartt » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:35 am

Dragunovi wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:59 pm
Hello there. As you may know I'm the main item maker for custom content and a standalone loottable update encompassing all levels. I made around 150 items and started to run out of ideas for new items. Tell me your crazy (or tame, anything works) ideas and I'll make them reality. Even cool names work for me.
(Technically challenging, innappropriate and overpowered item ideas will be turned down.)
My buddy gave me his account to check out the new project and I found a bug, so I want to create a ticket - the stats are displayed incorrectly: intelligence is shown twice instead of strength.
Additionally, it's not displayed that all these items belong to a set and have a set bonus.

This is how the error in intelligence is displayed, but in the game there are set bonuses.
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=21684

I suggest replacing the set bonus with +12 defense and +2 critical hit, as 12 defense doesn't make sense since tanks don't wear Mail quality items. However, it would be suitable for Shamans if the set bonus was 2 melee critical hits and 2 dodges.
https://database.turtle-wow.org/?search ... en+Prophet

Darbo

Post by Darbo » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:26 pm

Isvya wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:32 pm
Darbo wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:43 pm
RNGitems massive discrepancy between high and low damage roll.
Corruption system with chance of upgrading the item or competely breaking it.
More like Severing Axe of the Dice 1-500 damage. 4.0 swing time. Something simple.

Lsvwow

Post by Lsvwow » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:36 pm

Royal Seal of Hate'rel
Bind on pickup
Trinket
+10 Stamina
+10 Holy Resistance
+10 ShadowResistance
Requires Level 30
Use:
Surrounds the caster with a shield woven of Shadow magic. The shield lasts 30 sec., absorbs up to 200 Physical or magical damage, and inflicts 10 damage to melee attackers.
https://www.wowhead.com/classic/spell=1 ... dow-shield

Edouchan

Post by Edouchan » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:16 pm

what about items such as "Regenerating fish Scales" as a blue drop off some boss or rare dungeon / world drop which function as a non-consumable version of shiny fish scales for shaman water breathing which you keep in your bag as a permanent reagent replacement and / or variants for other reagent needing abilities (water walking, slow fall, other buffs, etc)

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:16 pm

hello Dragunovi :)

Thank you for doing this. I have looked at the item creation page and it looks a lot of effort goes into each and every item that is being created in this fashion. All those fields, all those things to consider. I don't imagine it is an easy process and I would not be surprised if a lot of things can go wrong from user error on that page.

So, that being said I do not take your continuous work for granted. I would have taken to giving the homepage a try myself but before doing so, I felt to turn to you with an idea first so that I don't spend time on something that turns out is unfeasible had I only asked before hand.

So then, here is my query if you will have it :D

I have noticed that the magic wands in the higher levels (raid level gear mostly) appears to be almost exclusively shadow damaged based. To me that just seems entirely and unnecessarily one-sided. Of course, I understand that in Molten Core a fire damage wand wouldn't do any good and I also understand that in Naxxramas a frost based wand wouldn't do much good either.

But there are options ... arcane damage for instance. Or holy damage. Holy damage in particular seems like a promising avenue for some much needed variance among high tier magic wands as even in PvP (which should not be forgotten) there is an option to protect against this damage type via potions (holy protection potions).

I was going to ask you therefore if you might feel that creating magic wands with the "holy" type damage would maybe add some variance to high tier spell wands? If you feel that would be a very bad idea I completely understand but I am hoping you would get where I am coming from with this?

I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Thank you for hearing mine.

Also, if I can be of help to you in creating these things, I would offer my assistance however with the cautionary reminder that I am entirely and completely unfamiliar with modding in this game.

And naturally, if you are willing, I would be delighted to offer names, descriptions and inspiration.

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:39 pm

I'd like to throw out a few ideas for more druid relics. All numbers could and should probably be tweaked, but these are more for the concept.

Idol of the Leopard
Increases energy by 20

Idol of the Lion
Increases crit chance of Claw and Ferocious Bite by 15%

Idol of the Jaguar
Decreases chance for enemies to detect you in stealth by 1

Idol of the Grizzly
Increases rage generated by Enrage by 10. Removes fear effects and makes druid immune to fear for the duration

Idol of the Kodiak
Increases armor contribution from items by 5%

Idol of the Raven
Increase the chance for your Wrath spells to crit by 10%

Idol of the Night
Decrease the cost of your Starfire and Moonfire spells by 50

Idol of the Earthmother
Decrease the cost of your Wrath and Hurricane spells by 15%

Idol of the Maelstrom
Decrease the cooldown on your Hurricane spell by 50%

Idol of Life
Increase the Heal over Time effect of your Regrowth spell by 40%

Idol of Renewal
Increase the healing effect of your Tranquility, Regrowth, and Rejuvenation spells by 20%

Houseperenolde

Post by Houseperenolde » Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:46 pm

'Black Market Cloaking Device'

- An upgrade of the Gnomish Cloaking Device which does not drop the user out of combat (possibly crafted using it as a component).

Effect: Removes player from combat and stealths them for 10 seconds. Most of the time anyways...
(Has a failure chance that greatly INCREASES aggro. Maybe with a glow effect so you know you messed up.) 1 hour cool down.

Flavour Text: "Stolen and improved upon"

Combat Niche: wipe recovery. The battle has gone poorly and it's now your last chance to save yourself. The failure chance is to prevent shenanigans in raids involving dropping combat. An item that potentially steals aggro from the tank is a risk no one would take unless things are already so bad it doesn't matter regardless.

Source: I want more Syndicate quests and rewards. Maybe a quest to acquire the gnomish version to reverse engineer? If not, an additional reward for getting to friendly would work.

Oothe

Post by Oothe » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:58 am

Serrated Edge
Bind on equip
Off Hand Fist Weapon
10 - 18 Damage Speed 1.6
(8.8 damage per second)
+1 Agility
Durability 40 / 40
Requires Level 15
Chance on hit: Wounds the target causing them to bleed for 15 damage over 9 sec.
Buy for: 44s 56c
Sells for: 11s 14c

Crafted using Blacksmithing
Reagents: 8 Copper Bar, 4 Rough Grinding Stone, 4 Weak Flux
Tools: Blacksmith Hammer

This item takes motifs of the Serrated Knife (Item 3581) and Serrated Handaxe (Item 80819), and is a companion Off-Hand Fist Weapons to the similarly-styled Sharpened Claws (Item 65011); it serves as an item to bridge the empty space between Level 10 to Level 20 for Off-Hand Fist Weapons. The balancing consideration for having both a Chance on Hit and an ability point in Agility for a low-level item is its strictly Off-Hand nature, and would allow characters a viable Off-Hands, promoting flexibility for exploring different dual-wield weapon combinations.

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:40 pm

Gilnean Mark of Resilience
Trinket
Use: Transforms you into a worgen for 20 seconds, increasing your attack power by 3% of your maximum health. (3 minutes cooldown)
Req: level 49

Gilnean Signet of Wisdom
Trinket
Use: transforms you into a worgen for 20 seconds, icreasing your spell damage and healing done by 1,5% of your maximum mana. (3 minutes cooldown)
Req: level 49

Moriena

Post by Moriena » Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:42 pm

Hello fellow Turtles! smiling_turtle
After coming back to the Hinterlands on an alt after completing the Wildhammer Clan reputation grind on my main, I found it to be disheartening seeing the faction's quartermaster welcomingly standing in the dwarven fortress, but not offering rewards below the rank of Exalted.

Since the players get natural reputation by leveling in the Hinterlands and Aerie Peak, I thought about coming up with new items to incentivise others to get more reputation with the Wildhammer Clan than those that strife to ride around on a gryphon themselves.

I've compiled a list of them in the following document: Expanded Wildhammer Armory
Outliers of these are these three items, in my opinion. Enjoy! smiling_turtle

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:49 pm

Moriena wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:42 pm
Hello fellow Turtles! smiling_turtle
After coming back to the Hinterlands on an alt after completing the Wildhammer Clan reputation grind on my main, I found it to be disheartening seeing the faction's quartermaster welcomingly standing in the dwarven fortress, but not offering rewards below the rank of Exalted.

Since the players get natural reputation by leveling in the Hinterlands and Aerie Peak, I thought about coming up with new items to incentivise others to get more reputation with the Wildhammer Clan than those that strife to ride around on a gryphon themselves.

I've compiled a list of them in the following document: Expanded Wildhammer Armory
Outliers of these are these three items, in my opinion. Enjoy! smiling_turtle

Overall not bad at all.
(I was made aware by the request to use the item calculator, I don't check here all that often due to being too busy with the server's own requests, I hope to have extra time to check in here after 1.16.6 release though, sorry for making you feel like you were being ignored! Also as a reminder, its easier to contact me with a DM on discord than the forums, this forum post is more than two years old at this point.)
Sometimes makes items, feel free to query on Discord for questions!

Moriena

Post by Moriena » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:30 pm

Dragunovi wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:49 pm
Overall not bad at all.
(I was made aware by the request to use the item calculator, I don't check here all that often due to being too busy with the server's own requests, I hope to have extra time to check in here after 1.16.6 release though, sorry for making you feel like you were being ignored! Also as a reminder, its easier to contact me with a DM on discord than the forums, this forum post is more than two years old at this point.)
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!
Fair point with this thread being two years old, you for sure are more active on Discord, which is really cool to see! Reading what you and Ques are planning for the future is always an interesting read. Can't wait for all the new items in 1.16.6 and beyond! smiling_turtle

Tacticalnelf

Post by Tacticalnelf » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:55 pm

I would like to suggest the creation of these two items, the names and values are subject to change, the objective is to present the idea

Hemet Nesingwary Cook Book
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket
Requires Level 55
Classes: Hunter
Equip: Increases your pet's hit chance by 3%.
Equip: Increases damage dealt by your pet by 3%.

"He who does not work, neither shall he live"

Demonology: Applied Physics II
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket
Requires Level 55
Classes: Warlock
Equip: Increases your pet's hit chance by 3%.
Equip: Increases damage dealt by your pet by 3%.

"You will do it by free and spontaneous pressure"

Kwayver

Post by Kwayver » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:58 am

Bins when picked up
Libram of Answered Prayers
Libram
Equip: your judgements always apply judgement of wisdom, regardless of your seal

Note: this does not allow a paladin to apply 2 judgement effects at once. Judgement of justice/light will apply the wisdom effect. Judgement of command and righteousness will still inflict damage.

Avalok

Re: Ideas for new items (Medivh's Cloth Armor)

Post by Avalok » Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:05 am

Medivh's Cloth Armor
Make a cloth set made of Medivh's armor from TBC but a recolor of purple.
I remember seeing that getting made into an armor in the forums with a purple recolor for players to wear.
I can't find it anymore though, so I can't post the image here.
i don't know about the stats. Please make something up for it.
Sigsene