Worst pvp experience

Heine

Re: Worst pvp experience

Post by Heine » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:37 pm

Mac wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:41 am
That issue would be resolved by either turning off warmode or grouping up.
Step 1 - Realise pvp scene is neraly dead
Step 2 - Announce pvp mode to encourage pvp
Step 3 - Witness pve players abuse pve settings and bully warmode players with no chance of retaliation
Step 4 - Suggest to disable this mode to not be bullied

Genius plan as it is.

Mac wrote:
and the second provides immediate revenge
Its not that hard to catch a group low hp and last hit them.
Spots like hinterlands are suted for that.

Remmo87

Post by Remmo87 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:35 pm

While Warmode most surely could use some changes and improvements,
I've had lots of great PVP experiences so far. Bad ones too, but alot more positive
Morgruk - Orc Shaman
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think you do, but perhaps maybe 100% you don't not do.
Or... some of you might actually perhaps most surely do actually anyway, still.

Geojak
Has liked: 28 times

Post by Geojak » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:43 pm

The reason we need warmode on twow is so that we can coventiely aoe them down while they afk under tents. While I have never done it myself, I do enjoy, the drama. Keeps the people angry and the forum/discord active

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:37 am

If your group can be easily solo'd by a single player who doesn't vastly outlevel your group, then your group has major problems. But that isn't your problem because you refuse to group.

The real issue is you've flagged yourself for PVP but you're stuck in a PVE mindset. You're solo grinding mobs that can reduce you to 10%. That works in PVE but doesn't fly so well in PVP. You're going to get ganked doing that, and on this server, the gankers will probably be blue by the time you're ready to get "revenge."

The solution is to start playing the game like a PVPer. Group up with other same faction players. If you can't group, if you have to solo, then solo green NPCs that will barely require any resources from you. Hang out in less frequented zones and in less frequented spots. Don't make yourself such easy pickings and you won't be so easily picked off.

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:01 pm

My idea is that;
Turning on and off PvP should have a 5 minute cooldown, like it currently is.
Killing another player (Not simply attacking an enemy player, or buffing/healing a flagged friendly player) should lock you into being PvP flagged for 15 or 30 minutes.
Simply attacking an enemy player, or buffing or healing a flagged friendly player, will flag you for PvP like it's always been, and you will return to being unflagged for PvP within 5 minutes.
If you heal or buff a friendly player that's actively engaged in PvP combat and he kills the enemy player, then you are also locked into being PvP flagged for 15 or 30 minutes. Likewise if you're attacking an enemy player and somebody else kills the enemy player while you're still in combat, you're locked into being PvP flagged for 15 or 30 minutes.

I feel like this would heavily fix the problem of "gank, run away for 5 minutes, get unflagged, and /lol"; Gankers who aren't normally flagged PvP but gank PvP-flagged players would be forced to face the consequences for 30 minutes and it would give a chance for Warmode players to get revenge. What are these gankers going to do? Hide in a mountain or town for 30 minutes? Yeah, but that means the ganker's wasting his time and the Warmode player can get back to what they're doing.
Zamba the Unruly
"Zamba be sensing the winds of change in da air. Can you be feeling it too, mon?"

Yeahidkx7

Post by Yeahidkx7 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:51 am

I think warmode would be fine if the level 60s werent constantly farming low level areas, I want world P V P not a 60 rogue 1 shotting me in westfall, I think coming across stv and fighting with other players your level is a great thing and may delay u from leveling a bit but its good fun, level 60 rogue vs level 20 anything is not pvp, if anything its annoying and makes me want to hop off the game when it happens. Furthermore I'm not sure on any level how you could say on a vanilla server that 30% exp is not a big deal, ITS A MASSIVE deal turn it on and off and just see the difference.

Paw

Post by Paw » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:21 am

Xudo wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:45 pm
I agree. Non flagged should not be able to attack flagged. Players should be able to flag themselves in specific places. Not right before the attack.
This.
Last edited by Paw on Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Paw

Post by Paw » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:39 am

Bellybutton wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:01 pm
Killing another player (Not simply attacking an enemy player, or buffing/healing a flagged friendly player) should lock you into being PvP flagged for 15 or 30 minutes.
Nod.
Last edited by Paw on Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paw

Post by Paw » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:42 am

Yeahidkx7 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:51 am
I think warmode would be fine if the level 60s werent constantly farming low level areas, I want world P V P not a 60 rogue 1 shotting me in westfall.
That.

Paw

Post by Paw » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:55 am

I'm thinking of one day duration war-mode cards u could buy from the glyph master.

Paw

Post by Paw » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:18 pm

Heine wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:30 pm
Why unflagged for pvp players are able to attack warmode at all ?
What if we might just maybe ask for a town /pvp option that is a day long?

Jack40melb

Post by Jack40melb » Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:27 pm

How about just making warmode limited to only +/- 5levels from your own. So only players within that +5 or -5 levels of yours can attack and vice versa? Wasn't this the purpose of Warmode? not to be used as an "easy kill" for someone who has the "ohh look how tough l am" mentality" by stepping players who cant fight back?.. . If l want to pvp, l go into battlegrounds with players within my own level bracket where winning is earned. What l don't do is go looking around for "little kids" to push over so l can feel "like a man"

Attack someone more thank 5 levels isnt real pvp. Its just little kids trying to feel like big kids. No different than the thugs out in the real world who target and attack people who cant defend themselves. Exact same mentality.

If l had a choice, ld make it so anyone who attacks a lowbie would face instance "HC death". With that toons spot permanently locked so they cant be deleted and freed to make another toon. :-) Keep doing it and they will run out of character spots to make....

Im glad this server is pve cos l hate all the world pvp that results in ganking/griefing/corpse camping by higher levels. Warmode needs to be fixed. Currently its unworkable because it just allows high level players to gank lowbies.
Life is what your thoughts make of it. Somedays lm a banana.. l like bananas

Bawanaruto
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Bawanaruto » Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:51 am

Go to the PVP server. problem solved.

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Dracarusggotham » Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:35 am

Majestik51 wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:05 pm
Guys i think u never played on a PVP server...
Thats just a taste of it.

and whoever doesnt want to b pvp flagged and level fast, he can just download a fast quest guide addon.

I know PVP needs generaly changes.
But please cant see people complain about PVP flaggd and unflaggd.
if u chose it, u get along with it...

PEACE!!
First time that I agree with you.
If you enable the PvP, live with the consecuences.
PvP means gankers.
PvP means people attacking you everywhere.
You activate it by your own decisition.
Plus, the devs are working in class balance and PvP improvements.

Matiel

Post by Matiel » Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:53 am

Warmode needs the following:

Passive 30% xp bonus replaced with gaining xp from killing players in world pvp.

Attacking a flagged player without flagging oneself first applies a debuff, reducing the attackers movement speed by 30% for 10 seconds. And the non-flagged attacker remains flagged for 3 hours.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:11 pm

Kind remainder that warmode provide bonus honor and only 20% of experience for almost half of the year.
Torta wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:04 pm
  • War Mode has been changed to give a 20% bonus honor from all sources but reduced to a 20% bonus experience, following this schedule: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12138
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Venaven

Post by Venaven » Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:05 pm

Geojak wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:46 pm
In core this is a pve server.
On a pve server you can use /pvp to flag yourself if you loke
Warmode is just a /pvp that you can't turn off but you gain +30% exp in return.
flagged for pvp players could always be attack by unflagged players on pve servers.

Your suggestion forces pve players to get flagged for days after they attacked someone as punishment. This can't be very popular in a pve server
This is bizarre mental gymnastics given that his suggestion is EXCLUSIVELY targeted towards PVE players who are opportunistically swapping to PVP solely to grief. PVErs normally claim to dislike PVE, so this is hypocritical, and if you are actually consistent in your view, you would not have an issue with PVE players not being allowed to PVP.

Venaven

Post by Venaven » Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:08 pm

Heine wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:37 pm
Mac wrote:
That issue would be resolved by either turning off warmode or grouping up.
Step 1 - Realise pvp scene is neraly dead
Step 2 - Announce pvp mode to encourage pvp
Step 3 - Witness pve players abuse pve settings and bully warmode players with no chance of retaliation
Step 4 - Suggest to disable this mode to not be bullied

Genius plan as it is.

Mac wrote:
and the second provides immediate revenge
Its not that hard to catch a group low hp and last hit them.
Spots like hinterlands are suted for that.
The solution to the 'nearly dead' scene you're describing isn't to approve of people exploiting an already broken system, it's to better the system itself so as to create proper incentive. Besides, the PvP scene is alive and thriving on the Chinese servers, so this is also a cultural issue to some extent. If PvP rewards were worthwhile, the scene would probably not be so dead. But as it stands, it's much easier to clear Naxx than it is to reach high ranks, and you're given better rewards despite that.