Tauren need a new class.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Re: Tauren need a new class.

Post by Xudo » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:48 am

Bears have high mass, yet they are very agile when they need it.
Average bear size is comparable to taurens one.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:53 am

Jolikmc wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:29 am
I'm curious why no one's mentioned Tauren Spiritwalkers. They're basically Tauren Priests and they're Metzen-canon.

But, yes. Please, implement Tauren Rogues. On top of the novelty of it all… there's basically no "lore" reason why they couldn't exist. In fact, all classes other than Tauren can be Rogues, already. And don't tell me the Tauren are too "pure" to resort to skullduggery. There are many Tauren tribes and many clans who have what equates to "thugs", so why the heck not have them playable?
The Spiritwalker is kinda integrated in the shaman class, especially since here on Turtle the Tauren Shaman gets that spirit-link-ability as Racial Ability. that was one of the spiritwalker specialities, right?

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:08 am

If you can have a gnome with pink pom poms on her head that barely reaches above my knees be a warrior then why can't a Tauren be a Rogue? I don't know how long it'll take before I stop laughing uncontrollably but I'm sure the novelty will ware off just like seeing a gnome tank an end boss. If it was suppose to make sense then I think we passed that cross road a looking time ago. Add novelty to the game and bring clunky to life.
wary_turtle_head I'm just here for the GM's replies--Carry on!!

Cervantes

Post by Cervantes » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:39 pm

Jolikmc wrote:
I'm curious why no one's mentioned Tauren Spiritwalkers. They're basically Tauren Priests and they're Metzen-canon.

But, yes. Please, implement Tauren Rogues. On top of the novelty of it all… there's basically no "lore" reason why they couldn't exist. In fact, all classes other than Tauren can be Rogues, already. And don't tell me the Tauren are too "pure" to resort to skullduggery. There are many Tauren tribes and many clans who have what equates to "thugs", so why the heck not have them playable?
I was thinking the same thing about Spirit Walker fits Tauren priest.
Seymour Siegfried Jones
Holy Knight

Charanko
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Charanko » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:50 pm

Cervantes wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:39 pm
Jolikmc wrote:

I was thinking the same thing about Spirit Walker fits Tauren priest.
Yeah well … exept that they are shamen 🥲
You boys sure are stretching it thin… cant tauren be special and be druids? You know .. the priests of nature??
Orky
Overlord of Orgrimmar ; Sulfuron Champion

Cervantes

Post by Cervantes » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:02 am

"Mystical Tauren caster with Ethereal Form, which allows him to avoid physical damage. Believed to be the ill omen of a coming age, white Tauren are held in near reverence by their people, often becoming reclusive priests who wander the land in search of kindred spirits. Attacks land and air units."

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Spirit ... craft_III)

Just an idea, I think it fits :)
Seymour Siegfried Jones
Holy Knight

Turboman

Post by Turboman » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:16 am

Cervantes wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:02 am
"Mystical Tauren caster with Ethereal Form, which allows him to avoid physical damage. Believed to be the ill omen of a coming age, white Tauren are held in near reverence by their people, often becoming reclusive priests who wander the land in search of kindred spirits. Attacks land and air units."

Oh guys look, they've used the word "priest", that means tauren can wield light magic!

Turboman

Post by Turboman » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:19 am

Foobs wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:08 am
If you can have a gnome with pink pom poms on her head that barely reaches above my knees be a warrior then why can't a Tauren be a Rogue? I don't know how long it'll take before I stop laughing uncontrollably but I'm sure the novelty will ware off just like seeing a gnome tank an end boss. If it was suppose to make sense then I think we passed that cross road a looking time ago. Add novelty to the game and bring clunky to life.
Devs remove gnome warriors please so that we won't continue this stupiduty with tauren rogues.

Paw

Post by Paw » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:21 am

Hi thread!

I will point out sth. There are a lot of loose ends already in vanilla or MoA in particular and you are thinking of implementing yet something new. Point made. Thank you for reading!

Kefke
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Kefke » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:31 pm

Turboman wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:16 am
Cervantes wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:02 am

Oh guys look, they've used the word "priest", that means tauren can wield light magic!
TBF, they got Disenchant, which is basically the same thing as Priest's Dispel Magic.

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:52 pm

all races all classes WHEN?

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:36 pm

Kefke wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:56 pm
-
That's why I say to give them Warlocks. In the first place, they could use a bit of a dark side to give them more nuance. In the second, it offers a chance to explore how allying with the Horde has influenced their culture. Perhaps there's disagreement among Tauren society about whether Fel should be regarded as a part of nature or not, on whether Warlocks are inherently evil or not, and even on whether they should stick to their traditions, or embrace new ideas and the benefits those ideas can bring. Maybe some younger Tauren see their elders as "stuck in the past", holding everyone back by refusing to see the need for Progress™. You could even throw in Mage as well, and say that these dissident elements have decided to take the traditional spiritualism of their people, and apply it to all forms of magic, doing as many other races have done as they embrace these new gifts that close contact with other races has shown them the benefits of.
Those are some very compelling arguments. There is potential for some nice lore development. Nice job.
I'm still for tauren priests though. I think they would fit better overall, and having another healing class in the horde would do some good.
Tauren rogues, lore and stealth aside, would be too powerful with their racial stun ontop. Rogues don't need another stun.
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 23 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Paw

Post by Paw » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:47 pm

I don't know. I mean... taurens have a strong scent to say the least. Can you imagine them in a church holding candles? Think they have 3 fingers.

Bimbombo2

Post by Bimbombo2 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:34 pm

Turboman wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:57 am
Thats a lie, horses are heavy beasts, even when they walk on a soft soil with grass you can literally hear *thump* *thump* *thump* .
No lol. Me and my mum were walking our donkeys today and the horse next door trotted up behind us and we didn’t hear her until she was like 5 foot from us.

A galloping horse is noisy.
A horse on rough ground is noisy.
A horse trotting on grass is practically silent.

Jambiya

Post by Jambiya » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:23 am

Do taurens have specific stealth animations? If they do then rogue it up! Also do grimtotems throw out any unique spells like fireballs or warlock curses, etc?

Ryo3000

Post by Ryo3000 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:35 am

If the only thing stopping Taurens from being rogues it's that they're too big to be stealthy, that physics needs to be considered in other scenarios.

No reason a Tauren wouldn't be easily able to use what other races consider two-handed weapons with one hand, their arms are as thick as tree trunks, Taurens should be unmatched melee fighters.

Also Gnomes and Goblins make for very bad warriors, they're tiny. Their "2 handed weapons" could be easily carried in one hand by your average human.

Of course, that's not really balanced and pretty silly, but it is ~ realistic ~ and as it stands Taurens just have the shit end of the realism.

Thraxexus

Post by Thraxexus » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:56 am

moo cow should get a special class

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:19 am

Paw wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:47 pm
I don't know. I mean... taurens have a strong scent to say the least. Can you imagine them in a church holding candles? Think they have 3 fingers.
If only we have priests that aren't connected with human churches... Oh, wait, troll priests!
Again, priest isn't necessarily a cleric of the church of the Holy Light. Sisterhood of Elune, Cult of Forgotten Shadow, different doctrines of Loa - all disciples of these religious practices were included in borders of this class. So why taurens should be so different?

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:29 am

Paw wrote:
Have you ever smell rotting corpse?
Have fun not only at 60.

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:10 am

Galendor wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:19 am
Paw wrote:
If only we have priests that aren't connected with human churches... Oh, wait, troll priests!
Again, priest isn't necessarily a cleric of the church of the Holy Light. Sisterhood of Elune, Cult of Forgotten Shadow, different doctrines of Loa - all disciples of these religious practices were included in borders of this class. So why taurens should be so different?
Cos druids are already “priests” of nature
And trolls are voodoo shadow priests
Orky

Paw

Post by Paw » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:50 pm

Xudo wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:29 am
Paw wrote:
Have you ever smell rotting corpse?
Which one would you prefer, if I pointed out your grammar mistake in the question or if I mentioned that you haven't uploaded an avatar even after 800 posts?

Ryo3000

Post by Ryo3000 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:56 pm

Charanko wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:10 am
Galendor wrote:
Paw wrote:
Then there was no need to have trolls be able to be warlocks, their priests already deal with the "vodoo" and shamans with the "hexes".

Druids are druids, priests are priests. In the lore the line can be blurred, but in game there's a clear distinction and 'they already have druids" is not a great reason to keep Tauren with only 4 classes

Tomberry

Post by Tomberry » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:12 pm

Tauren priest is fine, but then I want Gnome paladin.
Little lightbulbs 😄

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:38 pm

Ryo3000 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:56 pm
Charanko wrote:
Galendor wrote:

Then there was no need to have trolls be able to be warlocks, their priests already deal with the "vodoo" and shamans with the "hexes".

Druids are druids, priests are priests. In the lore the line can be blurred, but in game there's a clear distinction and 'they already have druids" is not a great reason to keep Tauren with only 4 classes
Fel demons =/= shadow or voodoo
Orky

Nallkun

Post by Nallkun » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:14 am

Paladin - Tauren Paladin - WHEN! turtle_in_love_head

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:38 pm

I was on launch of new Tel'Abim server and I am sure that 90% of tauren population are druids.

If you add paladins, then 60% of tauren population will be druids and 30% will be paladins. But it is just ridiculous. They need their own starting zone, which is too much effort for too small outcome. Warrior of light don't fit to trials of earthmother.

We can pretend that rogue tauren is just different way of hunting. It kinda fits the lore. But holy light - no.
Have fun not only at 60.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:03 pm

Not Paladin. Priests. Priests of An'She. Make the two racial abilities sun-related to fit the worship of An'She and call it a day.

Troll Priests do not worship the Light, Night Elf Priests do not worship the Light, Undead mingle with it but they still mostly focus on the Shadow Arts. Those three make it clear that you can have Priests without them worshipping the Light directly.

Horde needs more Races that can Heal or Tank as they are below the Alliance for both of those and Tauren Priests are not as outlandish as people want to make it out to be.

If you really want to get into it then Night Elf Priests should have been Hunters but as we know they do not get Racial Abilities as such they were made into Priests to fit the Gameplay.

Mativh

Post by Mativh » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:08 pm

I don't see it that way.
Based on what do they need more classes?
Because of how many classes other races have?
It simply doesn't make sense for them to be any other class, you would have to rewrite their lore entirely to fit them into the archetype of the mentioned classes.
I don't think it matters that there is unequal amount of things, as long as it makes sense.. and overall balance can be maintained indirectly.
It doesn't have to be equal. Think about it from the perspective of WoWs world, why would there have to even be the same amount of races in each faction, unless it made sense for each of the races to be members.
Even Tauren Druids were a retcon, and perhaps Druids/Warlocks should have been Alliance/Horde only...

Solutions to the perceived imbalance:

- Perhaps Tauren should keep having 4 classes, as those make sense for them. (Druid too)

- Horde should get Ogres, with the following classes;
Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Shaman

While Alliance would have no new race, but their races overall have more classes, and they have High Elves that are the most popular race, much more than the Goblins.

- Maybe remove other class/race combos that make no sense to compensate, for example Gnome Warlocks. Or even lock down some class/race/spec combos, for example holy troll priests.

- From your suggestions only Tauren Rogue could make it and with riddiculous retcons.. that rogue would
be not allowed to stealth and was dodge capped at 5-10% (all Tauren classes should be) and the attack speed was reduced by 20%... Going that route Gnome warrior should also receive a penalty of decreased strength, reduced 2 handed weapon damage and movement speed while wearing plate by 5-10%. Tauren mages/locks/priests/paladins are absolutely nonsensical. And even the rogue, not only anatomically but culturally, but at least with anatomical penalties it could kind of be pulled off, at least it's the case with gnome warriors only anatomically and gnome warlocks only somewhat culturally...

Just no.. as you see the class or the race for all these new combos would need to be heavily retconned to make sense.

People think that only adding (sometimes superficially equal) things makes vanilla more vanilla, when substracting where necessary (or indirect balancing) is important too..
Realistically, my preferred solution is adding Ogres to the Horde.
That is real equality, not neurotic/artificial one, but one that takes into consideration actual variables and respects lore.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:59 pm

Spiritwalkers are literal priests. And tauren runemasters use arcane magic, so tauren mage is not entirely far-fetched.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Sebbakus

Post by Sebbakus » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:54 am

Cat Druids can Prowel, isn't Rogue use some form off magic to conceal their tracks, not too infeasible Tauren can also learn this from like any other race lol

Ashstache

Post by Ashstache » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:18 am

Duh

Ryo3000

Post by Ryo3000 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:55 am

Charanko wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:38 pm
Ryo3000 wrote:
Charanko wrote:

And where pray tell did the Darkspear Trolls found Fel Demons to be involved with?

I know that Warlocks aren't Hexers or Witch Doctors

That's the damn point! Druids aren't "nature priests"

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:55 am

Ryo3000 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:55 am
Charanko wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:38 pm
Ryo3000 wrote:

And where pray tell did the Darkspear Trolls found Fel Demons to be involved with?

I know that Warlocks aren't Hexers or Witch Doctors

That's the damn point! Druids aren't "nature priests"

As i said druid …is the priest of taurens
Orky

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:45 pm

So why do Night Elves have Priests too if they have Druids? They are not Light-worshipping Priests so by that logic their "Priests" should be Druids too and only Druids.

Paw

Post by Paw » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:19 pm

Karrados wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:45 pm
So why do Night Elves have Priests too if they have Druids? They are not Light-worshipping Priests so by that logic their "Priests" should be Druids too and only Druids.
I might know that one. Males go druid, Females go priestess. Don't look for logic.