2024 — April 24

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

2024 — April 24

Post by Torta » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:35 pm

• Increased the Black Lotus drop rate from low-level herbs to 4% from 2%.
  • The Four Horsemen will now prioritize attacking players rather than pets.
  • Patchwerk will skip immune targets for Hateful Strike.
  • Fixed an exploit in the Gothik encounter related to Feign Death.
  • The Guardians of Icecrown will no longer get stuck.
  • Fixed the Blackhand Incarcerator not correctly channeling Encage Emberseer.
  • Players will no longer be flagged for PvP when attacking Lord Gregor Lescovar for the quest The Attack.
  • Players will no longer be flagged for PvP when attacking Dashel Stonefist for the quest The Missing Diplomat.
  • Durability has been removed from bandage shirts.
  • The item Nature's Call will no longer appear behind the back during shooting.
  • Recipe: Gilneas Hot Stew is now categorized under cooking recipes.
  • Added a loot table for NPC Geomancer Flintdagger.
  • Removed the Durotar Labor Union reputation from the quest Broken Cliff Inspection.
  • The battleground start announcer has been reinstated, with the exception of Blood Ring.
  • Removed the hidden requirement of 10 Lesser Bloodstone Ore from the craft of Ornate Bloodstone Dagger.
  • Fixed the teaching target for Formula: Eternal Dreamstone Shard.

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 2 times

Re: 2024 — April 24

Post by Zvyrhol » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:39 pm

Oh my, time to sell Black Lotuses fast before price goes down to 10g.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520

Elleshar

Post by Elleshar » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:13 pm

Torta wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:35 pm
  • The battleground start announcer has been reinstated without announcing in chat that the Blood Ring has started.
Good change, specially on Tel'Abim.

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:44 pm

please dont add the black lotus increased spawn rate on telabim. we dont need it!

actually you really gotta consider what to add to telabim
remember we have other problems than the pve server.
its easy to farm black lotus here already.

Cyni

Post by Cyni » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:52 pm

Slashignore wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:44 pm
please dont add the black lotus increased spawn rate on telabim. we dont need it!

Nah, we need it.

Even with the buffed rates, the bots will hoard the lotuses just like before and keep the price relatively high.
Also the idea that raid consumables need to be 50-100g a pop is just absolutely braindead, this helps make raiding more accessible to people who might not have afforded the high prices of flasks, etc. before.
Especially due to the toxic as hell raiding enviroment that you have to have every single buff under the sun to raid, which the blizzard babies have brought in to the server.

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:05 pm

Cyni wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:52 pm
Slashignore wrote:

Nah, we need it.

Even with the buffed rates, the bots will hoard the lotuses just like before and keep the price relatively high.
Also the idea that raid consumables need to be 50-100g a pop is just absolutely braindead, this helps make raiding more accessible to people who might not have afforded the high prices of flasks, etc. before.
Especially due to the toxic as hell raiding enviroment that you have to have every single buff under the sun to raid, which the blizzard babies have brought in to the server.
eh do you even play on telabim caus heres no bots..
if you have herbalism farming herbs is REALLY easy
i am a herber and i herb alot so i know what im talking about!

Domeng

Post by Domeng » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:24 am

thanks,The black lotus is too expensive,This change is very good

Domeng

Post by Domeng » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:31 am

Slashignore wrote:

Perhaps you are not a player, don't you want the things you use to be cheaper as a player? It's too expensive now, and we players can't afford it

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:15 am

Domeng wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:31 am
Slashignore wrote:

Perhaps you are not a player, don't you want the things you use to be cheaper as a player? It's too expensive now, and we players can't afford it
if you cant afford a black lotus (costs less than 10g on telabim) then i feel sorry for you.

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:47 am

Torta wrote:
What does "low-level" mean? Black lotus can be gathered from Peacebloom?
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Zulnam

Post by Zulnam » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:17 am

Yes, picking up a peacebloom will now have a 4% chance to drop a Black Lotus and a 2% chance to drop Arcanite Bar.

Calli

Post by Calli » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:48 am

Zulnam wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:17 am
Yes, picking up a peacebloom will now have a 4% chance to drop a Black Lotus and a 2% chance to drop Arcanite Bar.
RiP leveling herbalism xD

Deeno

Post by Deeno » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:08 am

person1: please dont change BL droprate on Tel'Abim

*angry nordanaar noises*

person2: wtf, are you a chineese bot??? its already 100g
person3: yes, those morons want to keep prices high, **** you @person1

Atreidon

Post by Atreidon » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:21 am

Xudo wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:47 am
Torta wrote:
What does "low-level" mean? Black lotus can be gathered from Peacebloom?
Black lotus has had a 2% chance to drop from gromsblood, mountain silversage, dreamfoil, plaguebloom and icecap. same herbs now, just 4% instead. likely a typo as its supposed to mean "high-level herbs"

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:24 am

To clarify: Black Lotus has an additional drop chance, going from 2% to 4%, from the following herbs:
  • Dreamfoil
  • Mountain Silversage
  • Plaguebloom
  • Icecap

Zulnam

Post by Zulnam » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:32 am

Torta wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:24 am
Zulnam wrote:
Incorrect. Black Lotus has an additional drop chance only from the following herbs:
Black Lotus
Did you just put more Black Lotus into our Black Lotus?

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:23 am

Zulnam wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:32 am
Torta wrote:
Zulnam wrote:
Incorrect. Black Lotus has an additional drop chance only from the following herbs:
Black Lotus
Did you just put more Black Lotus into our Black Lotus?
Hehe (no we haven't).

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:27 am

Atreidon wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:21 am
Black lotus has had a 2% chance to drop from gromsblood, mountain silversage, dreamfoil, plaguebloom and icecap. same herbs now, just 4% instead. likely a typo as its supposed to mean "high-level herbs"
Gromsblood is missing in Torta list aswell as in database https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=13468
While we are checking this list, Golden Sansam and Arthas Tears don't drop BL too.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:56 am

Golden Sansam and Arthas Tears are too low level imo.
Its more than enough with the other long list of herbs able to drop BL

Nonnoanselmo

Post by Nonnoanselmo » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:47 pm

Slashignore wrote:

You don't need flasks ? Wow, you guys are going really hardcore if you don't need flasks :^)

edit: nevermind, the guy who asked for black lotusses to drop less frequently has herbalism. Classic
I like UX design.

Deeno

Post by Deeno » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:58 pm

Nonnoanselmo wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:47 pm
Slashignore wrote:

You don't need flasks ? Wow, you guys are going really hardcore if you don't need flasks :^)

edit: nevermind, the guy who asked for black lotusses to drop less frequently has herbalism. Classic
*woosh*

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:21 pm

Nonnoanselmo wrote:
Slashignore wrote:

you really dont get it do you?
on telabim 1 black lotus is less than 10g
so do we really need this improvement - i understand it on the pve server but not on the pvp server.
ITS EASY to farm black lotus here because so few people = fewer herbers in total.

I have more than 100 in my bank.

Ibux
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Ibux » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:33 pm

Torta wrote:
Zulnam wrote:

Dreamfoil
Mountain Silversage
Plaguebloom
Icecap
Black Lotus
Mountain Silversage
Dreamfoil
Dreamfoil
Mountain Silversage
Plaguebloom

The changelog wording is misleading in this case.
Could have given Purple Lotus, Sungrass, Golden Sansam a lower drop chance. 0.01% or something.

Nonnoanselmo

Post by Nonnoanselmo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:45 am

Slashignore wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:21 pm
Nonnoanselmo wrote:
Slashignore wrote:

you really dont get it do you?
on telabim 1 black lotus is less than 10g
so do we really need this improvement - i understand it on the pve server but not on the pvp server.
ITS EASY to farm black lotus here because so few people = fewer herbers in total.

I have more than 100 in my bank.
No i get it, don't worry. I don't see what's wrong with not paying high costs for consumables. Even if black lotus prices are down in tel'abim, it just means people will be able to use them more freely. While the server doesn't have a high rate of inflation due to both the absence of naxx and AQ (meaning less gold is pumped weekly into the economy) and the low population, this change only slightly hurts herbalists who will stop finding a raid mob's worth of gold while running circles around EPL and people will be able to afford and spend their money elsewhere, diversifying their consumable portfolio.
You can get money by diversifying your profession portfolio very easily, instead of pumping 50 flasks weekly and calling it a day. The amount of money is the same but it is changed how this money is spent and invested. You don't have to buy flasks this week, you can invest that money in getting arcanite and elementium or other herbs for your other consumables.

Once more money is injected into the economy, prices will soar accordingly as well, this change increases buying power within the playerbase and reduces the market value of herbalism to be on par with other professions.

Notice how it always the same profession that keeps getting nerfed over and over. While it is easy to attribute this to more personal motives, the owners have tools to conduct market analysis and gauge the impact of professions on the market. There is a specific reason if alchemy and all professions which feed into it (fishing, herbalism) are repeatedly hit, alchemy is the only profession with a perennial market; meaning it is easier to sell a flask of supreme power than a sulfuron hammer or a hide of the wild. It is also a market which, due to player-driven reasons has the highest personal value and which is the weakest to market manipulation due to how crucial it is to modern PVE gameplay (flask of the titans being a requirement to not get oneshot by KT as a warrior); if i don't want to cough up 5k gold for a sulfuron hammer i'll just buy a dip of arcanite bars and do it myself, same for black grasp of the destroyer and hide of the wild. Even if your returns on the market are minimal, the sheer quantity of product you can inject into the economy with alchemy and the demand of players mean it is the steadiest and safest source of money in the game. This is in stark contrast with the other professions.

No you can't say "just pick another profession"
I like UX design.

Cyni

Post by Cyni » Thu May 09, 2024 3:43 pm

Slashignore wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:05 pm
Cyni wrote:
Slashignore wrote:

Nah, we need it.

Sorry, I only play on servers that are not dead.

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Thu May 09, 2024 10:07 pm

Cyni wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 3:43 pm
Slashignore wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:05 pm
Cyni wrote:

Nah, we need it.

Sorry, I only play on servers that are not dead.
then you have nothing to say against one of us thats playing here.. caus we dont really need all the changes the PVE server needs.