World of Warcrafts biggest (unsolved) issue..

Frantsel
Has liked: 1 time

World of Warcrafts biggest (unsolved) issue..

Post by Frantsel » Sun May 19, 2024 2:01 pm

So this might be a bigger one.

But Im stoked to hear how you would tackle this issue.

Imo wow biggest issue is that the endgame is limited. I was talking to a guildleader earlier and asked him how he keeps a guild alive that achieved everyhing (cleared naxx). His answer:
"We let most ppl gear their 1-3 twinks and then normally the server dies".

So, how would it be possible to keep WoW alive after ppl reached their endgame?

Im pretty sure everyone has different views on this. Note: There is no one solution, Im just stoked what you think how to fix that.

If you ask me:
World pvp, give players castels or whatever to fight about.
More eventually random generated content.
Fashion! Give players some way to get fancy items that are just for the looks.

Darktifa

Re: World of Warcrafts biggest (unsolved) issue..

Post by Darktifa » Sun May 19, 2024 2:28 pm

HardCore
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Ibux
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Ibux » Sun May 19, 2024 3:42 pm

Frantsel wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 2:01 pm
So this might be a bigger one.

But Im stoked to hear how you would tackle this issue.

Imo wow biggest issue is that the endgame is limited. I was talking to a guildleader earlier and asked him how he keeps a guild alive that achieved everyhing (cleared naxx). His answer:
"We let most ppl gear their 1-3 twinks and then normally the server dies".

So, how would it be possible to keep WoW alive after ppl reached their endgame?

Im pretty sure everyone has different views on this. Note: There is no one solution, Im just stoked what you think how to fix that.

If you ask me:
World pvp, give players castels or whatever to fight about.
More eventually random generated content.
Fashion! Give players some way to get fancy items that are just for the looks.
you can fight for the towers in plaguelands it gives a zone wide buff when you control them. they could improve on that concept i guess. turn em in to guild keeps instead of just towers with some additional perks. my post "risk your item" tries to solve this issue by extending the gear grind. by adding more rng to the gear progress. but people seem to like it better when you complete the gear game as soon as possible. hardcore as Darktifa said is a good option. another idea might be a slightly less hardcore mode where you only lose your items instead of both items and lives. then you could make strategies like saving extra equipment until you die and stuff like that. could keep that kind of thing in guild keep. or in the bank if you just lost equipment equipped on the character.

Spot

Post by Spot » Sun May 19, 2024 6:27 pm

I'd like to see a system that could be used to bridge RP-PvP-Economy.

An item like an Alliance or Horde insignia with the slyne players name/level/PvP rank on it. It would be a unique item. (A player can only hold one.)

The items can either be turned in to a faction quartermaster for tokens the player can save up to buy rewards at the same NPC.

or

Can be traded on the AH to people interested in paying for the insignias of players with a bounty on them.

Could give guilds some way of displaying them as a warning to all that may think to cross them in the future.. Or to show the people that justice was done. You know. RP stuff we all love.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Mon May 20, 2024 7:38 am

I must admit once I've got a toon fully bis from all the raids and raided for a few months with bis, I get really tired and bored of doing the same raids every week, I don't know how people do it, yes I could gear another toon but you start to get sick of the same raids every week, I mean it's 20 year old content at this point, not much of a challenge.

I know guilds do speed running etc for raids, and alot of people like to compete for highest dps on legacy players etc or monkeylogs

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Mon May 20, 2024 7:55 am

PvP can be almost endless source of content. You get same battleground, but players can be different. The more players online, the more variety each player get.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Bowser
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Bowser » Mon May 20, 2024 8:04 am

Please note that we will be releasing new end-game PvE content with the upcoming server patches, which are essentially small game expansions. This gives players reasons to log in and embark on new adventures.

You can review our detailed roadmap here: viewtopic.php?t=13030

Additionally, we are exploring various methods to keep players active in the meantime.

Ibux
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Ibux » Mon May 20, 2024 8:36 am

new endgame PvE content is nice. I'm a little worried that the extra loot it gives will only make players gear up even faster. if, for example, kara 10 has equipment that is better for swords, which takes over for the sword that you wanted before in zg. then you don't really need to go zg to get the old sword. so now you skip it if you got sword from kara. or the fact that you do one extra raid per week, which means you get more goodies to drop that empowers the guild to progress faster. you got more power faster, now the guild will make endgame raids easier for even more good loot. the guild members become fully bis faster so they eventually stop raiding. no reason to go bg's either for equipment when there are better options. so they go almost completely dead. another negative thing is that if you raid more raids per week, you also have less time for bg's but also less time for nice things irl. you may burn out faster.