Challenge: Slow & Steady

Editserver

Re: Hardcore Mode & Rewards

Post by Editserver » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:43 am

Hi, I am super new to the server and want to give some feedback from my perspective.

My druid, in hardcore mode, is level 20 now and I am really enjoying the leveling experience so far.
One thing I would like to see changed is the xp loss in a dungeon wipe. At least I was told you loose xp in a dungeon as well which makes me avoid dungeon all together. I have no problem at all getting a penalty when I do a mistake or take on too many mobs myself but getting punished, in a dungeon, when other people fuck up is not my idea of a hardcore mode.
Anyways, I am not sure how I deal with this but hardcore mode is an important reason for me playing on this server. Not being able to play dungeons might make me stop playing entirely.

Maybe introducing an item you can use once or twice a day, which would make you not loose xp on death for the next 60 minutes or so would be a good compromise? Just an idea.

Cheers and thx for the great server!

Unangwata

Post by Unangwata » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:40 am

I made similar point on that already. XP penalty in dungeons works against population available for that purpose.
However there is slight counter to that when playing hardcore, you get full xp from kills inside dungeons. So while it's better not to die, when it happens it's not that difficult to offset the loss, as long as you don't die too many times.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:09 pm

Editserver wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:43 am
My druid, in hardcore mode, is level 20 now and I am really enjoying the leveling experience so far.
One thing I would like to see changed is the xp loss in a dungeon wipe. At least I was told you loose xp in a dungeon as well which makes me avoid dungeon all together. I have no problem at all getting a penalty when I do a mistake or take on too many mobs myself but getting punished, in a dungeon, when other people fuck up is not my idea of a hardcore mode.
Anyways, I am not sure how I deal with this but hardcore mode is an important reason for me playing on this server. Not being able to play dungeons might make me stop playing entirely.
I see two options to solve your issue; 1) you bail out of hardcore to keep playing normally and 2) you become a bit picky on who you party with. Inspect people's gear and ask questions if they know what to do here and there.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Moonsinner

Post by Moonsinner » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:47 pm

What does Speedy's energy drink do?.
Iam not daring to try it.

Torta

Re: Turtle Mode & Rewards

Post by Torta » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:01 pm

We are going to rename this mode to the Turtle Mode in order to minimize the confusion between upcoming Mortal/Hardcore Mode and our present Hardcore Mode.

Go Turtles!

Bazou

Post by Bazou » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:32 pm

Nice change, it’s easy to tell it from the coming one life/ hardcore mode.

Sandtusk

Post by Sandtusk » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:22 pm

The name fits so well I’m surprised we didn’t use it earlier.

Adso777

Re: Slow & Steady

Post by Adso777 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:42 am

Can Turtle Mode be used on top of the new Hardcore Mode?

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:13 am

Yes :)

Augustfenix85

Post by Augustfenix85 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:00 pm

My first MMO was Final Fantasy XI, the death penalty was 10% of the experience needed to gain the next level, and you could de-level from it. It was absolutely devastating. But it also weeded out people who weren’t taking it seriously. I had a lot of great memories playing it.
Duvall 60 Hunter
Velissa 35 Priest
Calmore 60 Shaman Tank
Malcore 45 Warlock
Splodax 28 Rogue
Ghostbc 40 Paladin
Hanami 60 Druid
Reidobosu 34 Warrior

Pofhc

Post by Pofhc » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:42 am

Moonsinner wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:47 pm
What does Speedy's energy drink do?.
Iam not daring to try it.
Makes you party ... hard.

And I enjoy leveling the Turtle Mode. Enjoying the game much more now I have more zones to explore.
Just dinged lvl 20 yesterday and looking forward to hit lvl 30 for them sweet rewards turtle_in_love_head
= Lets try to get this one to 60 =
Manjo

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:08 pm

So... this Hardcore Master's Tabard. Sounds like something that should be associated with the new HC mode, and not so much Turtle mode?

Maybe a Turtle Tabard instead?

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:00 pm

Clear WDB :) It's Turtle WoW Tabard now!

Yvory

Post by Yvory » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:29 pm

As being a newcomer into the server, Id think it would be wise to explain how to do it, because it has not apparantly;

Steedy is a summonable pet in your skillbook, you gotta summon him and choose glyph, glyph of the turtle. An item will be added in your keyring which will activate the "mode". If you feel bad about it you can pretty much delete and you'll be "normal" again.

I guess rewards come at lvl 10, I have yet to see how(mail or talk to speedy again I guess)

Msyutani

Post by Msyutani » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:59 pm

I still have Glyph of Hardcore as I started it before it was Turtle Mode... do I need to update it?

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:10 am

You need to clear WDB :)

Msyutani

Post by Msyutani » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:23 am

Aha of course, thank you!

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:04 pm

Torta wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:00 pm
Clear WDB :) It's Turtle WoW Tabard now!
EUREKA!! My Deathknight has mage powers to change things!!!

Glittergold

Post by Glittergold » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:14 am

No Title?

Drunhall

Post by Drunhall » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:57 pm

Note that Speedy no longer has the option to enable the mode in his glyph section. You have to talk to one of the Glyph Masters in the starting areas.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:30 pm

I really like that we have to speak with the Glyph master for the mode (no more glyph)...

So... given that Fashion Coins have been removed from the rewards for Turtle Mode (Slow & Steady), would you please consider adding in another incentive reward in their place? They were significant items for many of us who played Tmode, and a part of almost every reward level.

I think it is superior to have the new Fashion Coin earning method (weekly) as you have installed, but it would be nice (good?) to 'rebuff' Turtle Mode so it has some more allure again. And uniqueness.

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:31 pm

Also, I think we could do with a Reward-By-Level update post (post are on the first page, I think).

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:37 pm

Technical question:

Is it possible to actually LOSE a level (I don't mean in TWoW currently, but in the game mechanics)?

Just curious because I have been thinking of a challenge mode that incorporates a bit of the risk of HC mode and a bit of the elongation of Turtle mode, but in a unique way.

Just would like to find out what the game engine allows.

Vasyan

Post by Vasyan » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:35 pm

now its only firework for lvl 40...

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:45 pm

Merikkinon wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:37 pm
Technical question:

Is it possible to actually LOSE a level (I don't mean in TWoW currently, but in the game mechanics)?

Just curious because I have been thinking of a challenge mode that incorporates a bit of the risk of HC mode and a bit of the elongation of Turtle mode, but in a unique way.

If you lose levels, how would you solve abilities and talents? Do you lose them too when you drop below the required level? How do you explain this lore-wise? With amnesia? You were defeated in battle and you received a pretty hard blow to the head so you forgot how to use Mongoose Bite level 3 and can only use Mongoose Bite level 2 that does slightly less damage... It doesn't make sense to me.

It would be interesting to be able to lose levels, but the mechanic sounds very difficult to implement in a good way.

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:07 pm

Vasyan wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:35 pm
now its only firework for lvl 40...
Really? What was it before?

Markuis

Post by Markuis » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:06 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:45 pm
Merikkinon wrote:
Technical question:

If you lose levels, how would you solve abilities and talents? Do you lose them too when you drop below the required level? How do you explain this lore-wise? With amnesia? You were defeated in battle and you received a pretty hard blow to the head so you forgot how to use Mongoose Bite level 3 and can only use Mongoose Bite level 2 that does slightly less damage... It doesn't make sense to me.

It would be interesting to be able to lose levels, but the mechanic sounds very difficult to implement in a good way.
You just took a really bad beating. But yes, about spells and other abilities it doesn't fit in the first place to get to know certain spell because you killed some beast. I think you have to imagine that your character is training that spell/skill and then he gets to use it well, not that he actually learns it from 0 to 100 the moment he speaks to the trainer.

Maybe don0t die but get a debuff for some time?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:43 pm

Markuis wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:06 pm
Allwynd01 wrote:
Merikkinon wrote:
Technical question:

You just took a really bad beating. But yes, about spells and other abilities it doesn't fit in the first place to get to know certain spell because you killed some beast. I think you have to imagine that your character is training that spell/skill and then he gets to use it well, not that he actually learns it from 0 to 100 the moment he speaks to the trainer.

Maybe don0t die but get a debuff for some time?
That's exactly the idea OG Blizz wanted to implement with spell skill levelling system. Alas, they didn't find that balance between learning a new spell and mastering the spell. That's why we still have ranks. Sole reason downranking spells sometimes more efficient than using the highest available spell. Mages are a good example on that, just like priests and druids with healing.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Sapiverenus

Post by Sapiverenus » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:01 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Merikkinon wrote:
Technical question:

It's pretty basic. You were killed, revived, and now are weaker than before. Now your Mongoose Bite doesn't hit as hard. Easiest thing to explain really. If you get beat up in real life you become physically weaker; injury can cripple; and death is quite an extreme.
Hostiles raiding from Dungeons; Unique Meeting Stones no LFG
Class Leveling Mechanics
Big and Deep Ideas
Darker Nights Ideas

Challenge to anyone reading:Think of what a good 100 hour level 1 - 20 custom experience would be.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:11 am

Sapiverenus wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:01 am
Allwynd01 wrote:
Merikkinon wrote:
Technical question:

It's pretty basic. You were killed, revived, and now are weaker than before. Now your Mongoose Bite doesn't hit as hard. Easiest thing to explain really. If you get beat up in real life you become physically weaker; injury can cripple; and death is quite an extreme.
You basically described what Resurrection Sickness does.

Yuzu

Re: Challenge: Slow & Steady

Post by Yuzu » Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:10 pm

is this mode and gifts still available?

Massie2

Post by Massie2 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:33 pm

Yuzu wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:10 pm
is this mode and gifts still available?
Yes but you need to start it at level 1, in case you're wondering why you don't see the glyph at the vendor.

Semperius

Post by Semperius » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:57 am

Please remove the death penalty in dungeons, no one wants to lose experience as a tank, or be responsible for dying as a healer. The second day I can't get into dungeons. The waiting time is over 50 minutes.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:29 pm

Semperius wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:57 am
Please remove the death penalty in dungeons, no one wants to lose experience as a tank, or be responsible for dying as a healer. The second day I can't get into dungeons. The waiting time is over 50 minutes.
Git gud. Get better equipment and higher level before entering the dungeon.
Tank is responsible for his personal preparation. You are not supposed to die often.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:59 pm

The "git gud" is a bit antagonistic, but I agree with the thought behind it. I rarely see people die in dungeon groups I've been in. I grant that I have the privilege of knowing a good healer that I play with, but aside from that, it just boils down to dungeons needing to be approached with some care and thought. If you're the tank, keep in mind how much you can reasonably handle, and where you can pull it to in order to avoid dragging in unnecessary mobs (and don't LoS your healer). If you're healing, keep in mind your mana and cast times, and respond to damage as efficiently as you can. Remember that you don't always need your biggest heal, and lower ranked ones can be useful even at later levels, make sure the group knows when you need to stop to drink, and keep mana pots on hand for emergencies.