Fix WCB Please dear god

Ugoboom

Fix WCB Please dear god

Post by Ugoboom » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:27 pm

For now, wbuffs are still a thing. While they are still a thing, can we get WCB to not be literally cancer for alliance to obtain?

This is an insanely important wbuff, without it meele lose about 10% of their DPS, and even more for 2h enjoyers including ret paladins. This is really not optional for the numerous naxx teams on this server. You don't get it? You do worse on dps and get lesser prio on gear unfairly. This is not fun.

To get this buff, we have to stand around in org or crossroads as the enemy faction, paying attention to the screen to see when a new drop occurs, then be mind controlled for the event. This is awful.

Also, the WCB buff has a 3 hour cooldown, making it the only wbuff that has impossible logistics as randoms can ruin any scheduled buff drops. Please remove this cooldown like it has been done for the ony and nef heads (which was a fantastic QOL change y'all made!)

As for getting WCB as alliance...

The quick fix is to adjust buffs in cities to apply to both factions, without the need for mind control, so at least we can AFK in crossroads in a safespot from guards and get it easy. I will settle for this easy fix, though its not super thematic.

The ideal change, albiet more dev work, is that we could use an alliance equivalent quest, perhaps involving one of the new dungeons, giving an identical buff but with alliance theming.

Both suggestions can be done at the same time as well, they're both good changes I think should make it in eventually, to give players more option to their way of experiencing the game.

Thank you.
Last edited by Ugoboom on Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Tylerthetroll

Re: Fix WCB Please dear god

Post by Tylerthetroll » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:52 pm

What a good idea. I always found it ridiculous that we have to go through so much just to be able to get a WB, yeah DMT is inconvenient as well but both factions can get this with the relative same ease and on this server can even do this together. I would love to see our quest with its ally turn in that would be some sweet new content but would be over the stars if I didn't have to MC myself to get the current version.

Novathesniper

Post by Novathesniper » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:59 pm

100% agree, it's ridiculous to go so much for a WB, need MC and its still on a CD.
Yours truly
Nova, the magic ostrich.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:05 pm

Tylerthetroll wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:52 pm
What a good idea. I always found it ridiculous that we have to go through so much just to be able to get a WB, yeah DMT is inconvenient as well but both factions can get this with the relative same ease and on this server can even do this together. I would love to see our quest with its ally turn in that would be some sweet new content but would be over the stars if I didn't have to MC myself to get the current version.
DMT is a bit more inconvenient here. On classic, a completed run will have most ncps become friendly. Here you only get to be friendly with the orgres by reaching the end, so you need to do a more full clear.

However the aggro radius is slightly freindlier here allowing for some more skips, and 10man DMT gets completed in maybe 10, 15 minutes, its so fast. The caverns of time teleport and the SW <-> Auberdine boat also can get you to dire maul relatively fast compared to 1.12 blizzlike. So yeah not that bad of a problem, overall I think its an improvement.

Songflowers are more annoying here with how batching on classic let mulitple people get the same one at once, and I'm not sure that's even possible here even with sync'd Bigwigs countdowns.

Chlo

Post by Chlo » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:43 pm

Would honestly just be happy with the cooldown being removed for now, but agree with it being a total pain for alliance and like these ideas.

If my class didn't limit me to one race from each faction (please give us troll druids!) then I'd "just swap to horde" which I'm anticipating might be the reaction of some players to your post. No offence to the lovely moo cows but I don't want to play tauren.

The suggestion of a parallel quest for alliance seems perfectly reasonable, as do your interim solutions.
100% support this post.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:05 pm

Chlo wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:43 pm
If my class didn't limit me to one race from each faction (please give us troll druids!) then I'd "just swap to horde" which I'm anticipating might be the reaction of some players to your post. No offence to the lovely moo cows but I don't want to play tauren.
Yup exactly, and my response to anyone who would say that:

Tawneyturtle

Post by Tawneyturtle » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:35 pm

i just want them to give us permanent WBs outside of Battlegrounds until they remove WBs, it wouldn't change anything for the top guilds cause they aren't wiping and the bad guilds wouldn't be punished too harshly, if WBs are gone in a month it'd just be a cool christmas gift from the devs, and you wouldn't have to get a MC partner for each WCB
Tawney - High elf warrior 60
Feytale - High elf Mage 60 (Rank 1 Mage Naxx during WBs)
Have fun parsing not only at 19.

Snoodydood

Post by Snoodydood » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:22 am

lol typical of alliance players to whine when they already have everything
You already dominate this server but I guess that's not enough, the whole game has to change to your liking because you aren't getting as much DPS as some horde players playing the same class as you.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:49 am

Pure frustration thread. I feel you, but you are looking through a crooked lens. Your perception about reality seems to have faded tonight.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:58 am

Snoodydood wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:22 am
lol typical of alliance players to whine when they already have everything
You already dominate this server but I guess that's not enough, the whole game has to change to your liking because you aren't getting as much DPS as some horde players playing the same class as you.
dude what lmao

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:15 am

BTW. I got an idea how to fix this - abolish factions completely. Let alliance frequent Orgrimmar and make the trolls hang out in SW. Maybe even go as far as allow doing the opposing faction's quests. Make PvP non faction based, but open for all.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:12 am

okay now that opinion is a little TOO based

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:12 am

I dont think they should put in effort into that. Get rid of wbuffs for raids and the topic is solved ;)

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:31 pm

Kairion wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:12 am
I dont think they should put in effort into that. Get rid of wbuffs for raids and the topic is solved ;)
not really, wbuffs will still exist and getting wcb for dungeon cleaving with da bois is preferable.

And leveling alliance bros would like their version of rend buff to be dropped occasionally for their leveling pleasure

Rokit

Post by Rokit » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:03 pm

Mirror the turn in to Magni Bronzebeard. Bring him the head of Dagran Thaurissan. Give out "Mountain King's Blessing" identical but non-stacking buff with WCB so you can't have them both. Its pretty low effort to add.
Rokitt - High Elf Priest

Aeliren

Post by Aeliren » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:25 am

Rokit wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:03 pm
Mirror the turn in to Magni Bronzebeard. Bring him the head of Dagran Thaurissan. Give out "Mountain King's Blessing" identical but non-stacking buff with WCB so you can't have them both. Its pretty low effort to add.
Was about to suggest this, I honestly think that'd be a better idea than messing with what is supposed a Horde-only element that is being finagled with. Could most likely even just tie it to the "Save the Princess" questline.

I think to make it visually distinct from "Warchief's Blessing" it could instead potentially be called "Fury of the Mountain", both as a reference to Magni's aggro quote and how upset he felt at the turn of events concerning his daughter and Thaurissan. And of course, making sure that the two can't stack is important.
Characters:
Coilspring - 60 gnome hunter
Megwynn - 60 human rogue

Suggestions:
Pyrewood Village Suggestions
Hunter Epic Ammo Pouch Suggestion

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:54 am

Aeliren wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:25 am
Rokit wrote:
Was about to suggest this, I honestly think that'd be a better idea than messing with what is supposed a Horde-only element that is being finagled with. Could most likely even just tie it to the "Save the Princess" questline.

I think to make it visually distinct from "Warchief's Blessing" it could instead potentially be called "Fury of the Mountain", both as a reference to Magni's aggro quote and how upset he felt at the turn of events concerning his daughter and Thaurissan. And of course, making sure that the two can't stack is important.
If this is done, WCB and this MUST NOT STACK.

Zangatsu

Post by Zangatsu » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:31 pm

Nah, Horde need that extra buff to catch up to us superior Alliance players. Let them keep their handicap KEK KEK

Thekrunch

Post by Thekrunch » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:29 am

Also a delay from turning in to droping the buff would be nice since there is no real announcments on the server ingame chat/discord/forum on when some one will pop and sometimes when you see the NPC yell you wont even have time to login in time to get it. Also you cant even go to smelt, fish or do anything else while you wait since HS to ogrimmar wont be quick enouhg.

And would it really be so awfulle if there would be automatic buff drops each 6 hours or maybe 3 like the gurubashi arena chest?

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:38 am

Thekrunch wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:29 am
Also a delay from turning in to droping the buff would be nice since there is no real announcments on the server ingame chat/discord/forum on when some one will pop and sometimes when you see the NPC yell you wont even have time to login in time to get it. Also you cant even go to smelt, fish or do anything else while you wait since HS to ogrimmar wont be quick enouhg.

And would it really be so awfulle if there would be automatic buff drops each 6 hours or maybe 3 like the gurubashi arena chest?
This would definitely be practical, but at that point you might as well offer the effect on an elixir
Worldbuffs really aren't something you should have consistently for 2/3 of your leveljourney without any effort on your part.

Thekrunch

Post by Thekrunch » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:44 pm

true, but when you have them in game why not make it convinet. It was the deciding factor for why i went to turtle and not everlook... And if the buff worked trough out the whole city at least I could fish and do stuff around while waiting. How many ppl are even using this buff here? In classic even the lowest of server had some sort of organisation for pops either trough discord or special channel.

Aeliren

Post by Aeliren » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:46 pm

Shamma wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:54 am
Aeliren wrote:
Rokit wrote:

If this is done, WCB and this MUST NOT STACK.
Well, yes. That's what I said:
Aeliren wrote:
And of course, making sure that the two can't stack is important.
Should be pretty trivial to implement, just make it similar to how the paladin/shaman buffs currently overwrite one another.
Characters:
Coilspring - 60 gnome hunter
Megwynn - 60 human rogue

Suggestions:
Pyrewood Village Suggestions
Hunter Epic Ammo Pouch Suggestion

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:55 am

Thekrunch wrote:

Automated drops are really lame, you lose the potency of Your and Others' actions being responsible for providing the buff. The fact that every buff drop is tied to some player out there's actions is what's really cool about it. It also would take away from the logistical value of guild runners coordinating buffs for their team.

Thekrunch

Post by Thekrunch » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:10 pm

Ugoboom wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:55 am
Thekrunch wrote:

Automated drops are really lame, you lose the potency of Your and Others' actions being responsible for providing the buff. The fact that every buff drop is tied to some player out there's actions is what's really cool about it. It also would take away from the logistical value of guild runners coordinating buffs for their team.

"Your and Others' actions being responsible for providing the buff" is actually lame as f* when you need to lvl a char just to buff the guild.
"It also would take away from the logistical value of guild runners coordinating buffs for their team." Yes it is sooo fun for a random dude to pop it few minutes before you planned it for your run. Since there is 0 corrdiantion on server and looks like every guild is for it self here...
And yes I agree if there was buff coordination there automation would be obsolite.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:15 pm

Thekrunch wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:10 pm
"It also would take away from the logistical value of guild runners coordinating buffs for their team." Yes it is sooo fun for a random dude to pop it few minutes before you planned it for your run. Since there is 0 corrdiantion on server and looks like every guild is for it self here...
Again, not an issue here for ony and nef. We can spam buffs no problem, and soon this change will make it to rend. It logically has to, the devs have 0 reason to not.