Gnome Priest

Lev

Gnome Priest

Post by Lev » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:44 am

Hello dear administration!
I want to offer a good combination of class and race
Gnome - Priest
https://wowwiki.fandom.com/ru/wiki/%D0% ... 1%86%D1%8B
Last edited by Lev on Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paledot

Re: Gnome Priest

Post by Paledot » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:25 pm

Yeah, they were real after Cataclysm. I myself found it weird though cause Priest is a class based almost purely on faith and gnomes are kinda epitome of science… The reasoning was I think something like they are more of a field medics than actual priests but that almost sounds like an entirely new class…

Aeliren

Post by Aeliren » Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:21 am

To be fair, there are the Holdout Medics in the Clean Zone in Gnomeregan that have existed since the beginning of the game and use priest spells (Heal, Renew and Power Word: Fortitude), so it's not entirely out of left field. Given their abilities and title, it does seem that gnomes look to their healers as doctors, medics and other people in the field of medicine, but it doesn't seem unreasonable that they have faith of some sort in addition to their scientific beliefs.

As a hypothetical idea with that concept, some could even maybe try to mix the two together to create machines that can use the Light as a source of power or that channel it in ways similar to natural magical artifacts, with their faith in their religion and their scientific knowledge making them believe that it could work.
Characters:
Coilspring - 60 gnome hunter
Megwynn - 60 human rogue

Suggestions:
Pyrewood Village Suggestions
Hunter Epic Ammo Pouch Suggestion

Allwynd01
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:01 am

It's better to think for combinations outside of Retail WoW, because Retail stopped making sense in TBC. Even in Vanilla some things were changed from the source material just to make the game more playable and fair even at the risk of butchering established lore.

If Vanilla was true to the source material, some races or classes would be either impossible to play or completely overpowered. Forsaken would constantly decay and eventually go insane and so forth.

Hir3

Post by Hir3 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:53 pm

I'm not a fan of this really. Gnomes are at best somewhat spiritual, but by no means religious.

@Aeliren, the issue with the holdout medics is something I somewhat touched on in my Priest Reskins post - Generic healers are stuck using the human-centered priest spells because there aren't really any other options.

Aszura

Post by Aszura » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:32 pm

+1
Same with Tauren priest

Holycow and Microheals joined the party.

Many people want this combo (both with gnome and tauren), i think there's at least 3 more posts about this, one made by me, but everytime there's the same ol'Lore talk. Just let us have fun? T-T

Hir3

Post by Hir3 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:33 pm

Aszura wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:32 pm
+1
Same with Tauren priest

Holycow and Microheals joined the party.

Many people want this combo (both with gnome and tauren), i think there's at least 3 more posts about this, one made by me, but everytime there's the same ol'Lore talk. Just let us have fun? T-T
It's the same old lore talk because this server wants to reinforce a strict interpretation of lore.

Allwynd01
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:49 am

Kaktus96

Post by Kaktus96 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:55 pm

Introducing Priests to new races is always extra work since they also have to think of priest racials.
Since people want both Tauren and Gnome Priests what would be the propsed racials for those guys?
Btw I also always wanted Gnome Priests I really hope they will add them.

Apimius

Post by Apimius » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:51 pm

-1 makes no sense in my mind

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:22 am

Yes please.