AQ - Only One May Rise

Gifted

AQ - Only One May Rise

Post by Gifted » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:38 pm

So I was able to get the quest [Only One May Rise] for the start of the AQ quest chain. I was wondering if this is supposed to be available yet and how this quest line will progress?

For example, we're almost past the 2nd boss in BWL and the quest requires the Head of the Broodlord Lashlayer off the 3rd boss in BWL. Will that drop off Lashlayer if we kill him this weekend or will that only become available after we kill Nefarian?

It's going to take a server-wide effort to get the gates of AQ open so if we know how the GMs/Devs see this event playing out it would help us plan better and (hopefully) avoid too much drama over the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal...

~Gifted

Pfwg

Re: AQ - Only One May Rise

Post by Pfwg » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:43 pm

Wowhead says that https://vanillawowdb.com/?quest=8286 is supposed to be required for Only One May Rise to become available.

A raid group actually ventured into AQ20 and downed a boss, but then shortly afterwards it was closed by the GMs. I wasn't there and haven't seen any evidence but I am told they said that Nefarian was meant to be killed before the AQ questline was opened.

I was under the impression that all of these quests were implemented with the AQ patch, so rather than Nefarian being killed to open the questline, it was a case of waiting for the patch, doing the prequest, then obtaining the head from the 3rd boss of BWL and taking it to Tanaris which starts the chain quest to open AQ.

I think we need some GM clarification about what the intended series of events to open AQ are meant to be, and when they are meant to become available.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Gifted."

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:21 am

I did do the [What Tomorrow Brings] pre-quest as well.

This was the first raid quest in the chain, seemed like a good time to check-in with the GMs...

~Gifted

Xerron

Post by Xerron » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:37 am

working as intended, the quest to pick up lashlayer's head should be in this state of the game
and yes the biggest chain in the game starts with this quest
after this quest you have to farm some bugs in silithus to get your brood of nozdormu rep up to neutral so you can talk to anachronos and he will ask you to get the 3 scepters that form the scepter of the shifting sands
red(bwl) : a quest that starts at the friendly vaelastrasz, asking you to kill nef in 5 hours
green(open world raid) : the quest starts in ST from Malfurion and ends in a standoff in moonglade where you have to defend nighthaven
blue(longest, 3 other chains):
- get a letter from azuregos, find some goggles in mc, from trash
- get about 10 people and kill a named elite on the isle of dread in feralas, and farm 20 chimaerok tenderloin from the elites there for the very best tanking food buff (25stam)
- longest of the secondary chain : 5 man boss in winterspring, then you're gonna need for find the 8 chapters of Draconic for Dummies ( alcaz island boss (15-20man boss that mc's people), elite demons near kazzak, elite demons in winterspring, undercity library object, stormwind library object, onyxia drop, bwl object close to ebonroc, rag drop)
after these 3 secondary chains you get to fight a huge shark in azshara (15-20man)

complete all 3 color scepters and you can bang the gong that starts the opening event
after one person bangs that gong, others who may have completed the chain aswel can complete their part within 10 hours of the first person

all these quests reward some nice epic items / weapons and the mount
the title was added in tbc
E.R.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:57 am

Thanks for the clarity. Didn't want to start something we weren't supposed to start yet.

~Gifted

Pfwg

Post by Pfwg » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:29 pm

Xerron wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:37 am
red(bwl) : a quest that starts at the friendly vaelastrasz, asking you to kill nef in 5 hours
I think this is where I was getting the idea that Nefarian had to be killed for AQ to be open is coming from. Thanks for the info.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Gifted."