Steps we take to reduce the queue, and patch 1.17.0 release

Akalix
Has liked: 1 time

Steps we take to reduce the queue, and patch 1.17.0 release

Post by Akalix » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:00 pm

Greetings! We would like to provide you all with an update on our progress and a roadmap.

Today, September 16
  • Transfer of the SEA realm Hogger to better hardware to prepare for EU to SEA account transfers.
  • Launch of SEA realm: Emerald Dream, PvE
This Week, September 16-23
  • Migrating Ravenshire to better hardware to allow more room for transfers.
  • Opening one more realm in SEA, allowing more room for transfers.
  • Offering transfers from EU to SEA.
  • Enforcing an English-speaking environment on the existing EU realm.
  • Implementing a new version of queue prioritization on the EU realm.
Next Week, September 23-30
  • Setting up new infrastructure for client updates.
Next-Next Week, October 3

Further information

We understand that you all would like to hear about the patch release, but we also recognize that you are anxious about longer queues and the current new content not being as exciting as resolving an overpopulation crisis.

The exact details of our new EU realm are still under internal debate, and will be shared when finalized. We hear and appreciate your opinions and concerns.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Charanko

Re: Timeline Update and 1.17 Release Date

Post by Charanko » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:07 pm

Damn so no pvp realm yet … scared_turtle_head sad_turtle_head
excited for 1.17 tho
Last edited by Charanko on Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:18 pm

Will any of the new sea realms be restricted to transfer only from the eu realm for a period of time or do you just plan to let them be publiclly available from the beginning like the last two? Because the last two filled up so fast no one had time to transfer and I'm sure the Chinese players currently on the EU realm, especially those in large guilds want to play together and not be pushed into separate realms.

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:39 pm

Thank you for not rushing out a new EU realm, please consider the spirit of Turtle in your internal debate...
And thank you for persisting even when under such pressure <3

Watterboy1

Post by Watterboy1 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:45 pm

This sounds like a sensible roadmap to me. Good luck and thanks for the update

Fundin

Post by Fundin » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:07 pm

This is wonderful! Im so excited! Thank you for the update and timeline!

Sunsdude

Post by Sunsdude » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:19 pm

Looks good, would like an elaboration on a new queue prio

Crunshy1512

Post by Crunshy1512 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:32 pm

.... was expecting to hear that eu2 would be this month... very disappointed

Thecakeisalie

Post by Thecakeisalie » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:41 pm

Looks promising, hope it will deliver.

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:50 am

The transfer of the SEA realm Hogger to improved hardware has been successfully completed.
The SEA realm Emerald Dream has been officially launched, offering a PvE gaming experience.

Geojak
Has liked: 12 times

Post by Geojak » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:02 am

Blackduck wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:18 pm
Will any of the new sea realms be restricted to transfer only from the eu realm for a period of time or do you just plan to let them be publiclly available from the beginning like the last two? Because the last two filled up so fast no one had time to transfer and I'm sure the Chinese players currently on the EU realm, especially those in large guilds want to play together and not be pushed into separate realms.
I dotn quite see what restricting to transfers would do
Imagien this, the server only allows transfers at first. A few people transfer to an otherwise dead server. After X amount of time the restrictions is lofted and you suddenly have 10k peolle, fresh and queue. What did the restriction achieve? Nothing

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:02 am

It's a great Roadmap. Thank you torta and team

Bender08

Post by Bender08 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:21 am

good job team, btw can you share the all asia server located informations?

Bazog

Post by Bazog » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:28 am

The first server is RP-PVE, so I personally hope the second EU realm will be PVP (or even better RP-PVP) to cater to different players expectations, and why not adding some new exciting pvp features to make it unique. I miss the beta and early days of wow, before the battlegrounds were introduced. It was all big scale world pvp and city raiding. Armies of players frequently gathered in the open world and attacked quest hubs and capitals, just for the fun of it. Today players have a different mindset and would need incentives to partake in such activities, for example making important NPCs of the opposite faction like capital leaders loot powerful items.

Maxxfs

Post by Maxxfs » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:40 am

I just hope not to drive away players like our guild who love this game. We treat it as a second world, a home, and we settle here because the blizzard has made us homeless.
We also agree to and abide by the rules of using the universal language for gaming here. Our gaming hours are from 19:00 to 24:00 in the East Eighth Zone, which is from 11:00 to 16:00 Greenwich Mean Time. There is not much conflict or communication with EU players, and it will not affect the local gaming environment. We only borrow this platform because we are well aware of the level of servers our own people set up.So I also hope not to drive us all out in one fell swoop. Those who are willing to stay here must be those who truly love this game.

Zap331

Post by Zap331 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:54 am

petition to rename the patch to "beyond great wall of china"

Tutayanova

Post by Tutayanova » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:07 am

Awesome!

Maxxfs

Post by Maxxfs » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:24 am

There are all kinds of people in our crowd. As the saying goes, when the forest grows, there are birds of all kinds. Those who truly love this game regard it as their home, and there are indeed many people who only value monetary benefits who regard it as a money tree and damage the gaming environment here. We also dislike these people very much. Please do not overturn a ship of people with one rake. I think these will not last long, Under the high-pressure situation of GM and the joint efforts of players, these people are bound to perish.

Mac

Post by Mac » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:37 am

Akalix wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:00 pm
  • Patch 1.17.0: Beyond the Greymane Wall — European release!
Does this mean 1.17.0 won’t be released on the SEA servers until a later, unspecified date and if so why would anyone transfer off EU for SEA servers? I understand the translation may not be ready, but wouldn’t it be better to release it untranslated and then release the translation later?

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:57 am

3 chinese servers and i just got into sweet 6k quene on sunday 11am. exhausted with this shit

Zokk

Post by Zokk » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:11 am

Yea its getting rather demoralising now. Its been long enough now since SEA went live and I've noticed no improvement in Queues what so ever.
Guys, i do you hope introduce these changes ASAP. If you are doing Queue priority on IP location i do hope you ban known VPN/proxy subnets as well please. Because they will only use them otherwise...

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:17 am

Torta wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:50 am
The transfer of the SEA realm Hogger to improved hardware has been successfully completed.
The SEA realm Emerald Dream has been officially launched, offering a PvE gaming experience.
Akalix wrote:
Greetings! We would like to provide you all with an update on our progress and a roadmap.

Today, September 16
  • ☑️ Transfer of the SEA realm Hogger to better hardware to prepare for EU to SEA account transfers.
  • ☑️ Launch of SEA realm: Emerald Dream, PvE

Further information

We understand that you all would like to hear about the patch release, but we also recognize that you are anxious about longer queues and the current new content not being as exciting as resolving an overpopulation crisis.

The exact details of our new EU realm are still under internal debate, and will be shared when finalized. We hear and appreciate your opinions and concerns.

are devs aware of this?

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9931

Crunshy1512

Post by Crunshy1512 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:48 am

EU2 WHEN?

Zokk

Post by Zokk » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:48 am

This is absolute disgusting abuse, why do the *redacted* do this, I know its not all of them, but the general ignorance to exploitative practices? Completely taking advantage of a project created in good faith.

Crunshy1512

Post by Crunshy1512 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:16 am

EU2 WHEN!!!

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:01 am

Geojak wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:02 am
Blackduck wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:18 pm
I dotn quite see what restricting to transfers would do
Imagien this, the server only allows transfers at first. A few people transfer to an otherwise dead server. After X amount of time the restrictions is lofted and you suddenly have 10k peolle, fresh and queue. What did the restriction achieve? Nothing
uh you're just assuming the Chinese players on the EU server won't leave. They won't be able to communicate on the EU server anymore so why wouldn't they leave especially if they get priority to a new one before it gets flooded?

With the way things are right now it seems like the point of the new servers isn't to relieve the EU server but to get more chinese players overall.

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:14 am

Shaman111 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:17 am
Torta wrote:
Akalix wrote:

Today, September 16
  • ☑️ Transfer of the SEA realm Hogger to better hardware to prepare for EU to SEA account transfers.
  • ☑️ Launch of SEA realm: Emerald Dream, PvE

Further information

are devs aware of this?

Lol of course the Chinese have stolen Turtle custom content... it is really sad for the creators but I suppose this was inevitable... as dumb as it is, at least it might (eventually) draw some of the Chinese players away from the Eu server.

Xwolfi

Post by Xwolfi » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:17 am

Torta wrote:
And yet still 6k queues at all times of day for EU members ... The turtle wow team is proving to be even less competent than blizzard. Sellouts.

Crunshy1512

Post by Crunshy1512 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:34 am

Eu2 when

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:36 am

Crunshy1512 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:34 am
Eu2 when
its 7th time u asked today. whats ur endgame?

Zokk

Post by Zokk » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:59 am

Xwolfi wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:17 am
Torta wrote:
And yet still 6k queues at all times of day for EU members ... The turtle wow team is proving to be even less competent than blizzard. Sellouts.
This makes you look like an idiot. You have no idea of the technicalities going on here and you just throw out shade with ease. They are doing this purely through voluntary donations. Blizzard are a multi million £$ company that have subscriptions.
I hope you have contributed to the project financially and not one of these free loaders.

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:29 pm

Harkus wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:14 am
Shaman111 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:17 am

are devs aware of this?

Lol of course the Chinese have stolen Turtle custom content... it is really sad for the creators but I suppose this was inevitable... as dumb as it is, at least it might (eventually) draw some of the Chinese players away from the Eu server.
I mean… it's rare for me to defend Turtle Team, but what do you expect them to do about it?

Firstly, when Turtle Team gave that Chinese company a copy of the keys to the kingdom (as it were), it was with the understanding that they'd be completely autonomous and tend to their own problems. Turtle Team China (as I'm calling it) needs to step up their game and prevent "script kiddies" from dominating their server.

Secondly, what do you expect either team to do about the "content. From my understanding, Turtle Team Prime nor Turtle Team China can do anything to stop them due to overseas restrictions and a very lax upholding of international copyright law. This extends to Blizzard, themselves, too. Even if someone did "tattle" to Blizzard US or EU, they couldn't do anything about it because these double-bootleg servers are hosted in China. The Chinese government would have to be the ones to put a stop to this. But again, that's if I'm understanding how the current copyright laws work. But, considering that Turtle WoW continues to operate even now, it's pretty obvious that Blizzard either can't do anything, internationally, or simply doesn't care.

No, I'm not saying I want Blizzard to shut down this server. That's stupid. I'm just saying, if they haven't by now, they probably won't touch overseas servers like this one and it's Chinese counterpart and bootlegs.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:33 pm

Shaman111 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:36 am
Crunshy1512 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:34 am
Eu2 when
its 7th time u asked today. whats ur endgame?
I guess to get the answer to EU2 When?
😂
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Crunshy1512

Re: Steps we take to reduce the queue, and patch 1.17.0 release

Post by Crunshy1512 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:21 pm

Just wanna know when bro

Geojak

Re: Steps we take to reduce the queue, and patch 1.17.0 release

Post by Geojak » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:13 pm

Crunshy1512 wrote: