Open a Poll About The Servers Future?

Grizb37

Open a Poll About The Servers Future?

Post by Grizb37 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:30 pm

As the title really, I know the Devs are under a tremendous amount of stress getting all these new servers up and running, but if we take a step back for a second, is this really what everyone wants?

I know everyone cannot be pleased, this is impossible, but what we can do is try make an open discussion with the players and how they would like to see the server moving forward.

I think it is the wrong approach for the Devs to just decide amongst themselves to make a PvP Server, it should be open to the players, so I suggest management makes a poll on Google, much like that really good class changes poll that someone made a few months back.

In all my years on Turtle Wow, I've never seen so much backlash.

This fresh realm is a hot topic on the forums, in discord and in game, it seems alot of people are very unhappy. So I feel we should tread very lightly on how we shape the servers future.

Thanks for reading.

Musamba

Re: Open a Poll About The Servers Future?

Post by Musamba » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:35 pm

I vote for a PVP Realm!

Lipidus

Post by Lipidus » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:37 pm

Grizb37 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:30 pm
As the title really, I know the Devs are under a tremendous amount of stress getting all these new servers up and running, but if we take a step back for a second, is this really what everyone wants?

I know everyone cannot be pleased, this is impossible, but what we can do is try make an open discussion with the players and how they would like to see the server moving forward.

I think it is the wrong approach for the Devs to just decide amongst themselves to make a PvP Server, it should be open to the players, so I suggest management makes a poll on Google, much like that really good class changes poll that someone made a few months back.

This fresh realm is a hot topic on the forums, in discord and in game, it seems alot of people are very unhappy. So I feel we should tread very lightly on how we shape the servers future.

Thanks for reading.
i dont think thats a good idea. Just because the Turtle WoW Devs listen alot to the community but still want to go their way. And i dont think the majority of the player base atm knows or want the Turtle Way :)

e.g. comin item changes

cheers

Mynamewastaken

Post by Mynamewastaken » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:39 pm

Grizb37 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:30 pm

Thanks for reading.
👍

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:55 pm

Lipidus wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:37 pm

i dont think thats a good idea. Just because the Turtle WoW Devs listen alot to the community but still want to go their way. And i dont think the majority of the player base atm knows or want the Turtle Way :)

e.g. comin item changes

cheers
Exactly. While rushing to maxlevel and clearing raids/ farming BGs and Arena in a most efficient way might be the most popular way of playing (at least, those meta-slave rushers and streamer fanboys are very vocal about it), going the slow, sometimes unorthodox route for which turtle WoW was created was always a bit niche. That's fine. Turtle WoW was made for these players while the mainstream got enough other opportunities.

I found my may to turtle last year and when I look at the tent meta that emerged even before the asian invasion, it's pretty clear that a lot of players on this server are not here for the slow and steady experience. No offense, but asking these guys about their opinion about how turtle should be further developed would be like asking a vegan about how to run a good burger restaurant. We would end up with not with an improvement of turtle WoW but rather a replacement with another generic private server that burns itself out after the locusts have farmed their T3.

Bawanaruto
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Bawanaruto » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:39 pm

Cross server battlegrounds would be needed.

Dannyp92

Post by Dannyp92 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:47 pm

+1. While I do think the devs should have the last say because they see the larger picture and have more insight into game design than players, polling can be a valuable tool in gauging player feedback and interest. Forcing through changes that increase profits, but which hurts the community, isn't necessarily good for the long term health of the game, for example. I'm particularly interested in how OSRS do their development; they only implement changes and new features if 75 % (?) of the players agree. If a change doesn't make it through the poll, it will sometimes get tweaked before going through another poll at a later date where it might pass.

However, in regards to opening a new server, it isn't merely about players' opinions, but also about trying to appeal to people that are not players yet. Most people prefer to play with like-minded people, so in that regards having a separate PvP-realm might reduce friction on the main server while expanding the total amount of TWoW players.

Mackylol

Post by Mackylol » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:10 pm

It would make a ton of sense for them to add Peace Mode, opposite to War Mode, where you can decide to opt out of PvP. With the -30% xp penalty ofcourse.

I wholeheartedly believe that the game was designed with PvP enabled in mind, so I am directly opposed to it being PvE or whatever but I am all for giving players the option to not take part in it.

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:38 pm

I am against the split.
Populated servers are fun and i dont mind being ganked if i buff a pvp player on slow and steady as long as i dont lose xp on pvp death turtle_tongue

But i think Turtles general development from a more vanilla+ type of server to the more retail mindset startet earlier.
It would be better to open more asian servers since there is still some players left that you cannot communicate with.

And for the love of the sun rolling beetle stop listening to youtubers about lvling speed and class design.
These people dont have the attention span for it and will just remove anything that they dont see any use for.
Thats how mana and stats was removed from retail, they will rush to 60 and leave.

Some people mention class design pool, we have not had a proper class design pool in my opinion since it did not mention the beloved jotc crying_turtle

I vote no split and return jotc in the upcoming glorious return of the fun fun fun Paladin Patch satisfied_turtle_head
Great Sun and Glorious Leader of the Bring Back Judgement of the Crusader movement.