Server situation unchanged..

Frantsel
Has liked: 5 times

Server situation unchanged..

Post by Frantsel » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:05 am

I see this situation now going worse and worse.

Please devs, lock the character creation or do anything!
Please write a message in the login screen and tell players that there is a new server. Maybe ingame messages!

Jammyxx

Re: Server situation unchanged..

Post by Jammyxx » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:19 am

But locking new accounts been made would lose them money in donations.... This whole project has turned from passion to greed. The start of the end.

Frantsel

Post by Frantsel » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:34 am

Well then this project is doomed..

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:36 am

Jammyxx wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:19 am
But locking new accounts been made would lose them money in donations.... This whole project has turned from passion to greed. The start of the end.
Yeah, someone's getting rich real quick with blizz closing in China. I tried as much as I could to believe in the devs with good faith, but "welcoming everyone" and "being inclusive" sounds at the moment like a huge patronizing smokescreen for quick cash-in... So sad

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:46 am

Skumbanana wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:36 am
Jammyxx wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:19 am
Yeah, someone's getting rich real quick with blizz closing in China. I tried as much as I could to believe in the devs with good faith, but "welcoming everyone" and "being inclusive" sounds at the moment like a huge patronizing smokescreen for quick cash-in... So sad
Ye just think how much their earning from the extra bags, say 500 people donate a day for one 36 slot bag at 30 euros that's 15k a day... Thats just for one 36 bag. And now they're saying the total population is 50k +. With the new SEA Realms.

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:50 am

The cynic (or realist) in me thinks that's exactly what is going on. Well - it was nice while it lasted but I don't hold my hopes up. I'll be checking the server status from time to time but at this point I'm prepared to move on.

Idontcareatall

Post by Idontcareatall » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:03 am

The game is literally unplayable. Right now the queue is 208+min, and has been for a good month now.

I'm also moving on. I mean, it can't get any worse than "not being able to play". The game is functionally & virtually dead right now, unless you can afford to play off-schedule at EU 2AM or something.

The whole situation is handled with a lot of amateurism and false promises.

I love Turtle WoW, but Turtle WoW clearly doesn't show any love to their EU playerbase.

Eric123

Post by Eric123 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:05 am

I already told the queue problem is not about the population itself, now is too late, you Euro people could reclaim the server after Chinese ruining it and then they will leave vuluntarily,dont worry., it is not big deal.

Furiiosa

Post by Furiiosa » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:18 am

Let's think about this.

The Twow team wanted the server to grow, but not this fast. If the 50k player influx is real, it puts the team in a dilemma.

Despite the memes, a new player is not going to buy a spectral tiger mount or 36 slot bag right away. They will play a bit, see how the server is, before putting money into it.

During this time, new players are actually costing money in the form of hosting costs. All this would still be fine if this wasn't a legally gray operation.

But Microsoft / Blizzard can go after the hosting company, Gamepoints (based in NL), Paypal (based in the US), etc. and say "stop taking money from these people."

What would you do if you were the Twow team? Put out an upfront large amount of money to pay for hosting fees, just to possibly get shut down before seeing any returns? I'm not a lawyer but the money that has already been given to the server could also be subject to claw back clauses.

I hope the server survives, since I put a lot of time into the game and the community.

Frantsel

Post by Frantsel » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:08 am

Furiiosa wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:18 am
Let's think about this.

The Twow team wanted the server to grow, but not this fast. If the 50k player influx is real, it puts the team in a dilemma.

Despite the memes, a new player is not going to buy a spectral tiger mount or 36 slot bag right away. They will play a bit, see how the server is, before putting money into it.

During this time, new players are actually costing money in the form of hosting costs. All this would still be fine if this wasn't a legally gray operation.

But Microsoft / Blizzard can go after the hosting company, Gamepoints (based in NL), Paypal (based in the US), etc. and say "stop taking money from these people."

What would you do if you were the Twow team? Put out an upfront large amount of money to pay for hosting fees, just to possibly get shut down before seeing any returns? I'm not a lawyer but the money that has already been given to the server could also be subject to claw back clauses.

I hope the server survives, since I put a lot of time into the game and the community.
Sure lets roll with your argument. Wouldnt that mean they should lock the server now to give the players that played a bit the chance to play and then eventually buy sth from the shop?

If I were the devs I would lock the server for new character creation instantly until there are new servers available. Then wait for players to transfer over and then 'maybe' evaluate the possibility to create new characters on the original server.

I doubt that there is a lack of money and if so the devs could easily ask for donations. We would pay.

The situation now is so harmful because people think twice if they want to spent any money on this server that performs horrific and is barely playable.

It will not be enough just to provide new servers, you got to move the people to use them, too.

Furiiosa

Post by Furiiosa » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:23 am

Frantsel wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:08 am

Sure lets roll with your argument. Wouldnt that mean they should lock the server now to give the players that played a bit the chance to play and then eventually buy sth from the shop?
Yes.

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:40 am

Furiiosa wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:23 am
Frantsel wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:08 am

Yes.
Yep. I would really like to say something more constructive and positive, but more servers atm sounds like a huge crash grab before blizzard takes action. I was caught by surprise when I heard the new SEA servers were accepting new accounts first and transfers later. It should have been the exact opposite! That was the moment I understood this was no longer about TWoW's spirit but about money. scared_turtle_head

Er12

Post by Er12 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:25 am

Hahaha, the material is enough to make a TV drama.

Faidonied13

Post by Faidonied13 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:01 pm

Er12 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:25 am
Hahaha, the material is enough to make a TV drama.
Yeah, absolutely sad_turtle_head

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:05 pm

I understand the frustration, but if you expect us to speed up our working schedule by x1000, then I have some bad news for you. This roadmap (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9912) is designed to resolve the current crisis, please stay patient and let us execute all the plans instead of putting an additional pressure on the team. Please refrain from creating unnecessary threads.